2009 Mock Draft

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

KC Scott

2009 Mock Draft

Post by KC Scott »

CBS just brought this one out: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11268534

Yea, it's way early, but still interesting

Would the Chiefs grab Stafford at #3? - Hope not, since it's the defense with all the holes - I'd rather see them trade down and grab an impact DE or OLB.
I
f they can't trade down for more picks and D, Crabtree seems a lot more like a sure thing in the Calvin Johnson / Larry Fitzgearld mold.
Other than Andre' Smith haven't heard much on the other OTs - but Rang seems to think this is a bumper crop
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Re: 2009 Mock Draft

Post by peter dragon »

oh god please cincy please draft
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Finally a mock draft not without a QB in the #1 spot. Andre Smith and Aaron Curry are my two dream picks for #1 overall...they need a dominant left tackle and a big time mike linebacker. Either guy would ideal...unless they can trade down.

With that 20th pick, I'd go with the position out tackle and linebacker that they don't go with the #1 pick. I doubt Maualuga falls that far...maybe Laurinaitis or Maybin. If they go with Smith with that first pick, they should have good options at linebacker with this second pick. Perhaps a guy like Vontae Davis as a corner that can also return kicks...they've been without a returner for a few years. Michael Johnson from Tech as an edge rusher would be another possibility.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Shoalzie wrote:they've been without a returner for a few years.
Mel Gray?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:they've been without a returner for a few years.
Mel Gray?

Eddie Drummond and Desmond Howard had their moments along the way...Mel Gray was so much fun.

Having a strong return game is so underrated. You don't necessarily need a guy like Hester or a Josh Cribbs per say but to have a guy that can get you out to the 30 to 35 yard line instead of starting at the 20 or 25. The occasionally TD is great but field position is so important...especially with how bad the Lions offense has been.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

I'd LOVE a little pass rush help for the Chargers.
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Loganfan wrote:I'd LOVE a little pass rush help for the Chargers.

...done

JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

peter dragon wrote:oh god please cincy please draft

...the mock has the Bolts with Maualuga and baby, that's very cool with me. If he lasts that long I'll be very surprised.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

I would love for the Packers to get Orakpo. It looks like Dom Capers is taking the D to a 3-4 and that guy is a fucking stud!
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

mvscal wrote:
Actually, we[/b] need to draft a running back and some defensive line who can play in the 3-4. A couple O lineman couldn't hurt either.

I didnt know you worked for the chargers.. sweet!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Shoalzie wrote:Mel Gray was so much fun.
Until he became and Oiler. Fuck Mel Gray.

As for the Titans, I would not mind if we got Harvin. They definitely need a WR. He's not that big posession WR, but what he lacks in size he makes up for in speed. Chris Johnson and Percy Harvin speed in one huddle woud be nice.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

ChargerMike wrote:
...the mock has the Bolts with Maualuga and baby, that's very cool with me. If he lasts that long I'll be very surprised.
exactly what mock have you been reading

12.Denver Broncos-Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC: The Broncos are hopeful the ultra-athletic D.J. Williams and former first-round defensive end Jarvis Moss can blossom as rush linebackers in their new 3-4 scheme. They currently lack the stout run pluggers for the inside, however, making Maualuga an intriguing fit

that would definitely be a step in the right direction...but he'll never fall that far
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

A few things...

First, no one churns out the T1Bisms that make up the ever-expanding lexicon like Shotzy does...

Shoalzie wrote:per say

That's a ratio of how many times you say something versus how many times you actually do it?

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Per Say.

On to the topic -- I'm a tremendous CFB honk. I see lots and lots and lots of NFL diehards (like most of them) dismiss the college game, but during draft talk, they suddenly become experts.

Always good for a laugh.

But speaking solely for myself (just in case you thought I was speaking for others), the guy that seems like the sure-fire, closest-to-guaranteed $$$ guy in the upcoming draft is...

Maualuga of the Rubbers.

Certainly seems to be the most likely to have an early impact, aside from a couple of the OT's.

The steal of this draft will be whoever can get Jerimiah Johnson after the 1st round. Dudes as NFL-ready as RB's come (and better than Knowshon... WTF is that all about?) I think Beanie has the skillset to make an impact in the NFL, but I wouldn't want to risk a 1st round pick to find out.

My 49ers? Where to even begin? The Alex Smith experiement seems to have failed. But if a QB is going to spend all season running for his life, what's the point of grooming a QB? Hell, when it comes to dodging 280 pound passrushers, why not throw a few bones at Joey Harrington... he's proven he can survive being beaten mercilessly by large angry men 40 times a day with the best of them... that seems to be the most desirable trait a Niner QB could have at this point. Heck, if anyone posting on this board can take vicious abuse from 300 pound professional athletes and can execute a handoff properly, I encourage you to try out for the Niners. Don't worry about throwing the ball -- you won't have long enough to get rid of it anyway, and if you did, there wouldn't be anyone open anyway.

So I'm thinking some OL help would be good. By "help," I mean "has use of all 5 senses and both arms and legs."

So, that's what I'm hoping for my team, which is debating a name change to The San Francisco Willis and His 52 Buddieses.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

peter dragon wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Actually, we need to draft a running back and some defensive line who can play in the 3-4. A couple O lineman couldn't hurt either.
I didnt know you worked for the chargers.. sweet!

He doesn't.

His part of "we" is more important than that of any player...

He pays the fucking bills.

"We" is appropriate for anyone who buys shit from team sponsors or buys tickets.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dinsdale wrote:A few things...

First, no one churns out the T1Bisms that make up the ever-expanding lexicon like Shotzy does...

Shoalzie wrote:per say

That's a ratio of how many times you say something versus how many times you actually do it?

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Per Say

So I spelled it wrong (per se)...I've never seen it in writing before. I didn't even know it was Latin.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=persay

For someone who doesn't like to read my posts, you sure don't mind taking the time to find any mistakes I make.
Last edited by Shoalzie on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Shoalzie wrote:For someone who doesn't like to read my posts, you sure don't mind taking the find any mistakes I make.
All righty, then.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:For someone who doesn't like to read my posts, you sure don't mind taking the find any mistakes I make.
All righty, then.

Okay, I get it...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Back on topic...a mock draft with a guy I've yet to see slotted at #1. This one has the Lions taking Eugene Monroe. Andre Smith is dropped down to #7. It has Monroe and Jason Smith from Baylor as tackles taken before Andre Smith.

I like any mock draft that doesn't have a QB listed #1. With Linehan coming in as the OC and Culpepper still in the fold, I have to believe he's got the inside track to be the starter going into next year given his past history with Lineham in Minnesota.

http://newnfldraft.com/

You can't take a lot of these no-name mocks serious but they're at least food for thought.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie wrote:Linehan

Solid solid U&L guy.

Have I ever mentioned that I've played flag football with Scott Linehan?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dinsdale wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Linehan

Solid solid U&L guy.

Have I ever mentioned that I've played flag football with Scott Linehan?

That's cool...how far back?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

1985, I believe.

His (much) older brotherwas my HS PE teacher (and very accomplished football coach, but I had pretty much retired from organized sports at that time, in favor of music, and kept it to the rec leagues and stuff). Late in the year, Scott would come hang out and be an aide for our PE class, which was pretty much a training-for-credit class for football and hoops players (I used to take the varsity hoops players to school-btw... I think the hoops coach used to get upset that he didn't even know my name at first... probably should have stuck with it, but hoops was easy for me, so didn't excite me that much).

But Scott would get out there and play football with us when he was around. After he graduated college (Idaho, under D Erickson), he became a coordinator at my school (I had graduated by then).

Good guy.

His nephew just finished up his Duck football career. The name Linehan goes a loooong way in U&L football circles, and there's lots of them running around.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:Have I ever mentioned that I've played flag football with Scott Linehan?
Did I ever tell you about the time I peed in his parents' pool?

Sup?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Get it right...

I peed in Brady Clark's parent's while using a friend's pool. Or something like that.

BTW-a belated update for you, ucan't -- I guess at the time of the pissing, it wasn't Brady Clark's parent's house...

It was Brady's. He bought the folks a new house, and his wife and he lived there until he got some time off to build a new house.

So there.

Brady might have been a couple of years late to have played flag football with Scott Linehan, but you never know. Solid solid SHS guy.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:Get it right...

I peed in Brady Clark's parent's.
Okay. That falls under the category of waaayyyyy too much information.

I am going to log out now and possibly have this ID deleted. It's is forever stained by your sick penchant for doling out Golden Showers inside of unsuspecting parents.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It wasn't like he was talking about giving someone a golden shower...per se.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=914271

Really nice breakdown by a scout on Rivals heading into the combine:
Rivals.com talked to a director of college scouting for an NFL team. Here are his early position breakdowns on the NFL draft heading into the NFL Scouting Combine, which begins in earnest today in Indianapolis.

Ohio State's Chris Wells is part of a big group of quality running backs.
INTRO: I try to put most of my weight on what guys do in the fall. The tape doesn't lie. You have the Mike Mamulas and Vernon Gholstons, guys with big biceps who run great, then can't play. The one thing workouts like the combine are good for is you get a view of how athletic they are and how fast they are on a clock. And, hopefully, it matches what you see on tape. If it doesn't, then it causes you to go back and look at tape again.

RUNNING BACKS: I think the juniors really boosted the running backs class. Teams should be able to get a good back through the first three rounds. … Look at the underclassmen: [Ohio State's] Beanie Wells, [Pittsburgh's] LeSean McCoy, [Connecticut's] Donald Brown, [Georgia's] Knowshon Moreno, [Wisconsin's] P.J. Hill, [Iowa's] Shonn Greene. That's a pretty strong group. I think there is real value there, and I think you'll be able to get them a little later with a chance to hit on one. … I think Wells is the guy who has pushed out in front of everybody. He is the bell cow right now of this group.

QUARTERBACKS: Without the juniors, I don't think there would have been a quarterback class this year. There really aren't any strong seniors. You have the four juniors who came out: [Georgia's Matthew] Stafford and [USC's Mark] Sanchez are above the others, and you have [Ball State's] Nate Davis and [Kansas State's Josh] Freeman. Really, the quarterback class is disappointing. … The seniors we expected big things from – [Purdue's] Curtis Painter, [Louisville's] Hunter Cantwell, [Clemson's] Cullen Harper – those guys fell flat on their face. … [Texas Tech's] Graham Harrell is going to be a love-him-or-hate-him guy coming from that system. The guy is extremely accurate. In most draft rooms, the area [scout] guy is going to love him and the national scouts will wonder what is so special about this guy. … If [Missouri's] Chase Daniel is drafted, it will be out of courtesy. He is so undersized and his arm isn't that good. I saw him live this fall and in the all-star game, and I wasn't that impressed with him. … I think Stafford will be the first quarterback off the board. Heck, I think he'll be the first pick, but there's a long way to the draft from now. Stafford won't work out here, and Sanchez likely won't, either. … Harrell isn't working out. He and [Michael] Crabtree are going to work out on Texas Tech's campus. And I don't blame Harrell. Why throw to some guys you never have [thrown to] before? Harrell and Crabtree have timing with each other, know how to get out of cuts. I have a hard time blaming quarterbacks for [wanting a more controlled workout]. I think it's different for receivers or running backs. But a quarterback's stock really can be affected by that combine.

Michael Crabtree tops the receivers in this year's draft.
WIDE RECEIVERS: I think Crabtree is the leader of the pack, the guys like [Rutgers'] Kenny Britt, [North Carolina's] Hakeem Nicks, [Maryland's Darrius] Heyward-Bey. I will be shocked if Heyward-Bey doesn't run fast. If he catches the ball, he could really help himself. … There are a bunch of big guys this year. [Missouri's Jeremy] Maclin is good and helps himself as a return man. He didn't have a great year as a receiver. I just watched him the other day and expected a lot more than what I saw. He's raw and didn't show a lot of want-to after the catch. But he is a good player with a lot of upside.

OFFENSIVE LINE: The kid from Ole Miss [tackle Michael Oher] is one hell of a player. But he has some issues in the past that teams will need to look into. That book that was written about him just scratched the surface. He is a dominant player, really good. Someone will pick him. I just wonder how important football will be to him and what will motivate him. … [Alabama's] Andre Smith is a good player, talented. He will be good. He is just a mammoth guy. … The kid from Baylor [Jason Smith], I must be missing something. I don't know, I just don't see it. … [Virginia's] Eugene Monroe is a great pass protector but leaves something to be desired as a run blocker. He's probably the best pass blocker in the draft. But in the run, he's just not a gritty, tough guy. He isn't as good as [former Cavs first-round pick] Branden Albert was. There is something amiss for me. If you are going to pick him at No. 9 or 10, I would want someone who is closer to [former Wisconsin star] Joe Thomas than this guy.

DEFENSIVE LINE: B.J. Raji is good and did a good job at the all-star game. And his sidekick at Boston College, Ron Brace, is good. They are big and good, the type of interior linemen the NFL teams like. … [Ole Miss'] Peria Jerry is good, but he's more of an undersized 3-4 guy. … [Northern Illinois'] Larry English is a good pass rusher. He was an undersized guy. He is a linebacker who ended up at end. Most teams have him as a linebacker. He has a great motor and plays hard. He doesn't have many holes. … I also like [Penn State's] Aaron Maybin. He can come off the edge, but I don't know how big he is or how he'll fit in a scheme. … [LSU's] Tyson Jackson, to me, is buyer-beware. He is pretty, he is body-beautiful. But he really has a difficult time finding the football and making plays. He just doesn't make any plays. He was a real disappointment to me. … [Texas' Brian] Orakpo is a good one. I watched him the other day. He plays on his feet like we would have him do, but I don't think that's his forte. He is better with his hand on the ground.

LINEBACKERS: The linebackers are really strong. USC alone has four or five linebackers who likely will get drafted. [Rey] Maualuga, [Brian] Cushing, [Clay] Matthews and Kaluka Maiava, who will be really good in a 4-3. … Then you have [Wake Forest's] Aaron Curry, who to me is the best of them all. I really like the kid. He can play outside, he can play inside, he plays with passion. He won't be limited by scheme. … [Ohio State's James] Laurinaitis? You have to give him credit for all the tackles he made. In a 4-3 scheme, I think he'll be pretty good, but I don't know what he would bring to a team that plays a 3-4. He isn't a real take-on guy; he is more of a runner.

DEFENSIVE BACKS: [Ohio State's] Malcolm Jenkins is big. When it is all said and done, with his speed, he may end up being a safety. … I think Cary Harris from USC is pretty good. [Oregon's] Patrick Chung is a good safety, a good player who can hit. … Another guy I want to watch is [Kevin] Ellison of USC. He is good and big. But he isn't as big as their other safety, [Taylor] Mays. That guy looks like a defensive end. He is enormous. And he didn't come out!
One guy I was interested in but didn't see is Everette Brown from FSU - Supposed to be the best pure pass rusher in the draft, but I didn't see him play and he wasn't even mentioned in this article.

Also huge disagreement on the OTs - The top 3 order I've seen in most mocks is Monroe, Andre Smith then Jason Smith

Right now I'm liking either Curry or Crabtree for the Chiefs at # 3 - but still early

--------------------------------------

Just saw this video of DE Jarron Gilbert from San Jose;

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rXDSPbZ_OUw&bo ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rXDSPbZ_OUw&bo ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Impressive as hell if they had a franchise in Atlantis
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'll watch some of the combine stuff this weekend for sure. It is still very much up in the air what the Lions are going to do that first pick. I look at this draft and there just isn't a sure-fire #1 pick. Leave it to them to get the #1 pick in a year where none of the prospects deserve the honor or the big pay check that goes with. As long as it isn't a QB, that's all I can hope for.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote:
Also huge disagreement on the OTs - The top 3 order I've seen in most mocks is Monroe, Andre Smith then Jason Smith

For what it's worth, Mike Mayock sees things slightly different.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dnea ... e_OTs.html

Since the Eagles really need help at the OT position I'm watching this very closely.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Andre Smith not getting rave reviews...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/around ... nfl,143110

I think Aaron Curry is a safe pick at #1. The Lions need a difference-maker at middle linebacker. B.J. Raji would be the other option because they need a run-stuffer in the middle since no one was able to fill Shaun Rogers shoes last year.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Found a nice highlight reel for Everette Brown - DE/OLB FSU - you have to really like the speed and instincts this kid shows.

What I see - Very fast off the ball with great vision for the QB. Good strength for a guy his size.
Saw a variety of techniques -Swim vs. VT was excellent, great spin moves.
Plays low and has a nose for the ball - Impact player who reminded me a little of Derrick Thomas

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qXJJ14HL5EE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qXJJ14HL5EE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs trading down and grabbing a true impact 3-4 pass rusher like Brown
Last edited by KC Scott on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
KC Scott

Re: 2009 Mock Draft - Michael Crabtree

Post by KC Scott »

Here's the highlight reels on Crabtree -

What I see - Excellent separation from the DB's, very good focus on catching the ball in traffic.
Comes back to his QB when a play is breaking down - Excellent awareness of the play.

What I didn't see - Pure break away speed. A couple of the long TDs were coverage breakdowns. But still a very good WR.
I'm not sure I'd say he is the next Calvin Johnson now, though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ySmg1f8ZSM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ySmg1f8ZSM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWIKZXTL2x0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWIKZXTL2x0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Last reel for tonight is LB Aaron Curry -

What I see - Great open field tackling techique, strong at the point of attack. Solid hitter.
Only saw the one sack vs. VA where he blitzed from the slot - but showed good speed on that play.

What I didn't see - For a highlight reel A lot of the "highlight plays" were him making the tackle after completions or downfield.
Does that mean he doesn't read the play as quickly as a potential top 5 pick? - Hard to say without looking at a lot more tape

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEwCf7huMgs&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEwCf7huMgs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

OK - I lied, it wasn't the last one I looked at.

Here's Brian Orakpo DE - Not a lot of highlights to go off of, but I see good technique off the edge. It's really tough though to look at him after seeing the Everette Brown video and say he's more of an impact player

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tZTelDHwUwY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tZTelDHwUwY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

A new mock on Yahoo!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=y ... &type=lgns

Jason Smith at #1...Sanchez ahead of Stafford. Maualuga at #20 seems like a pipe dream for the Lions but my mouth would be watering at the idea of Peterson and Sims flanking Mauluga. Love the Michael Johnson pick at #33 as well...I'll take those three picks for the Leos. DT Dorell Scott from Clemson in the third...I'm cool with that too. Interesting choice of Rhett Bomar at #82...who knows.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Good rundowns, Scott.

Crabtree is a Raider possibility, I guess ... if he makes it to #7.

He looks like he might be a nice chain-mover, a good 3rd down option, a tough kid, a gamer.
Not sure he's enough of a GAME BREAKER to warrant burning the #7 overall on him.

Oakland needs another receiver.
I'd prefer to see a vet, however, given Russell's youth.
But I won't cry if they take Crabtree.
I guess I would prefer to see them go for D-Line beef and draft Raji.

But he's not a sure thang, either.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

BJ Raji - DT

What I see: great feet, explosive off the ball. Good leverage technique to get under the G's pads on almost every snap.
Doesn't give up on plays, Good strength to get blockers hands off him. Nice spin moves

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UQ2YGE9SLM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UQ2YGE9SLM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Raji looks impressive in a highlight package.

Frankly has a lot of the same "game" as current Raider underachieving DT Gerard Warren.
Warren went #3 overall a few years back.
Floundered in Cleveland, floundered in Dungver, now floundering in Oakland.
HAS his moments, however.
Enought to tease you and make you say, "Damn, if this guy could just motor like that more consistently ...

Raji = stud or dud?

I just dunno.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
Raji = stud or dud?

Maybe you should add "bud" to your choices:
Report: BC’s Raji failed drug test at combine

NEW YORK (AP)—Former Boston College lineman B.J. Raji, who is considered the top defensive tackle eligible for this month’s NFL draft, reportedly failed a drug test at the NFL combine.

The report, which did not identify the drug, was published on SI.com and attributed to unidentified NFL team sources. The Web site reported that Raji’s name will be on a list of players who tested positive.

Raji missed the 2007 college season with academic problems. SI.com reported that NFL scouts had been told that Raji also tested positive for marijuana during his time at BC.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Ok ... I'm on the Everette Brown bandwagon, now.