WTF Are We Supposed To Do Now?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Re: WTF Are We Supposed To Do Now?

Post by campinfool »

I think I'm going to go check and see if those little peeps who call me dad and my wife still even live here anymore...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: The Kansas City option is still there, but it wasn't exactly a raging success last time.
Times are different now.

When the Kings played here, it was at Kemper Arena in the freaking stockyards. Ownership at that time was a joke. The GM was Joe Axelrod, who has the dubious distiction of being fired by the team in both cities.

Now we've got the brand spanking new Sprint Center smack dab in the middle of a revitalized, hopping, downtown entertainment district.

If they come back, folks here would blow the roof off that joint.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Wouldn't bother me in the least if it happened.

The question though would be how long would the honeymoon last? In Sacramento the Kings were supported fanatically well despite sucking balls most of the time. Would K.C. support them once the honeymoon period wore off and the team remained a bottom feeder?

Looking at the Royals and the way the Kings used to draw there I tend to doubt it. Kemper Arena was no worse than the drafty little barnyard that was the original Arco and the replacement Arco is located out near the airport and it's not exactly Conseco Fieldhouse either.

Hasn't mattered. Until last season the Kings sold out every night, regardless.

Just can't see that being the case three or four years down the road in K.C., not for a horrible team.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: Looking at the Royals and the way the Kings used to draw there I tend to doubt it.
You'd be surprised.

For a team with one of the lowest payrolls in MLB and a record of futility to match, the Royals draw pretty well.

Just look at the Chiefs... they haven't won a playoff game in 14 years, yet still have over 60,000 season ticket holders paying thru the nose for those overpriced seats.

It can't be emphasized enough that the new arena will make a big difference.

Sure, we'll want a winner... but folks here are patient to a fault.

Btw, the Kings franchise was originally named the Royals. They had to change it when they came to KC. They started off in Rochester, moved to Cincy, and then here. At one time they were known as the Kansas City/Omaha Kings. I wish that was a joke.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Regarding the thread topic - as much as I love CFB, I am glad that there is a period where its lack is keenly felt. There is nothing like the feeling that grips you when the season gets rolling in September - the heat breaks, football is back filling Saturdays to the twelves. I would hate it if there wasn't a pronounced start to things, and for that you need to define an end point.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Van wrote:Haaa! RF, I just ordered up the Barkley book. It was .09 cents, plus $3.98 in shipping!

I splurged on the nine cent edition. I coulda gotten it for one cent but those are only marked as "good condition" while this nine cent one was labeled "very good condition."

Such a deal!
Bwah! Nice.

I'll be surprised if you don't crack up, hard, at certain parts. I did.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSUFAN wrote:Regarding the thread topic - as much as I love CFB, I am glad that there is a period where its lack is keenly felt. There is nothing like the feeling that grips you when the season gets rolling in September - the heat breaks, football is back filling Saturdays to the twelves. I would hate it if there wasn't a pronounced start to things, and for that you need to define an end point.
This must be what Mgo and Mace are always bragging about, compared to some other regions of the country.

Sincerely,
Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

What should we do now that football is over?

Watch basketball and get ready for Spring Training. Same thing I do every year. Maybe mix in a little pron on the side.....
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Basketball is for cunts too tall to play soccer, Ill watch hockey instead
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I just hate the lull from Feb thru March/April where it is still too cold here for golf. Once Spring arrives, my Saturdays are spent on the links. I, too, would be pissed if CFB was a year round sport because I would be stuck with many decisions on whether to golf or watch CFB.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Basketball is for cunts too tall to play soccer, Ill watch hockey instead
Soccer is for cunts who can't catch, jump, shoot, throw, skate, or any other hand-eye skill. For added pussification, they have ties, arrive to games in mini-vans, and have gay little cheers for the opposition.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

bwahahaha, Steve connected
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

RadioFan wrote:Van, can we get married?

Holy shit, dude, you just brought up a pleathoratoric flood of memories. And then some.

I saw tons of games in person in the old HemisFair Arena (along with a shitload of absolutely sick concerts, of which ... if I ever had a time machine ... but I digress).

Gervin, Gilmore, and later Johnny Moore. OMG!

That place was fucking INSANELY fun! Especially during the playoffs.

And yep, Barkley's book: Link

And YES, it involves his usual candor, which is what makes it a great read. Hell, I read it in two nights.

Buy the paperback. You'll be fascinated, as well as cracking up, hard, at certain points. Good stuff!
My first Spurs game was in 1975 when the spurs played the St Louis Spirits, still remeber that game since it was the first sporting event my dad took me to. I remember when the Spurs Center was a guy nicknamed "The Whopper", Billy Paultz. Then came the years of the Bruise Brothers when we actually had tough guys on the team. My favorite spur was James Silas and then Johnny Moore. Then the Ice man got old and the lean years of the Spurs began. The Spurs fired Stan Alback and hired Cotton Fitzsimmons, that was a screwed up time. The second lowest point was in the the 1985 draft when the Spurs lost a coin flip with the Utah Jazz, they drafted Karl Malone and the Spurs drafted Alfredrick Hughes. The lowest point had to be in 1988 when, as Chris Berman pointed out their best player was nicknamed Brick.

Then came the 1989 season when things started to come together, the Spurs traded Alvin Robertson for Terry Cummins, they drafted Sean Elliott, and traded for Rod Strickland. Of course the big thing was getting David Robinson. I stll to this day think that if they kept that team together they would have won a championship. But no, they had to trade away their best big man off the bench in Frank Brickowski, they let Strickland go in FA, then Willie Anderson and Cummins had career ending injuries.

The rest is history, it kinda sucks now that we are looking at the end of what I consider the Spurs golden years but I still have hope they can squeeze out one more championship run with this group before Duncan and Pop head off into the sunset.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Vito Corleone wrote:
The rest is history, it kinda sucks now that we are looking at the end of what I consider the Spurs golden years but I still have hope they can squeeze out one more championship run with this group before Duncan and Pop head off into the sunset.
don't sweat it AB, you can milk championships for at least a decade and still (despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary) consider yourself "one of the elite teams in the AFC".

sin,

Denver Bronco Fan
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

As to the topic at hand......don't we have to finalize the board bitch, engrave the hardware, have the post season awards banquet, all before recruiting threads start popping up?

Let's get on it people.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

I think an awards thread is in order. We do need categories for individual awards and maybe some special mentions for entire conferences. The board Bitch is the Heisman of this place but there is room for Doak Walkers, Lombardi, Ray Guy type awards as well. Plus it could kill a week or so.

Ideas...
Board Bitch
Homer of the Year
Conference Honk of the Year
Best Post
Worst Post
Career posting achievement award
most offensive poster
most defensive poster (no extra charge for the fancy puns)

Each could have its own thread with criteria and nominations and such. After compiling the nominees we could vote in separate threads.

Who'll bring home the hardware this year?
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Sounds like a lot of work Steve. Then again, it also sounds like you just volunteered to run this thing.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Three cheers to the new Master At Arms, Steve!

I, for one, really appreciate what your doing here, Steve.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I fear S_M will not be pleased with this new development. Reading a couple of those categories, there's liable to be occasions of people here actually complimenting each other.

Apparently that's verboten. Saying something good about someone else is a sign of weakness, or gayness, or non BCS conference-ness, or something.

People can only pretend to dislike each other for so long before someone slips up so nope, this will not end well for S_M.

WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sounds like I'm up for a "special contribution" award.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Van could be Comeback Poster of the Year by default. Don't think anyone else "came back."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:Van could be Comeback Poster of the Year by default. Don't think anyone else "came back."

Don't count your chickens just yet... Florida won the trophy, right?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Like Schmick's Little League teams I'm all about collecting trophies via unapposed forfeits.

The category I really wanna win though is BTPCF Poster Who Made Cytherea Squirt The Farthest...

SEC Ballsucking Homer
Meatgrinders 'R Us

Post by SEC Ballsucking Homer »

Sudden Sam wrote:Do all SECers get a giant middle finger shoved up our collective ass(es)?
That reward is reserved for the Friday night buttplug session.

Us SEC honks get the award for riding more teams' cocks than anyone.
There is no other conference.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Certainly R Jack's post was the post of the year on this CF board. Maybe there was something else on the main board but on this CF board that was easily the runaway winner...

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Jsc810 wrote:Also, the award for Poster Who You'd Least Like To See Coaching Your Son's Football Team is pretty much locked up.
I only coach winners, they work harder than the enemy 4 days a week so they can enjoy sundays more than their enemy does
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

"Enemies"?

"So they can enjoy their Sundays"?

Wait a sec. How old are these kids we're talking about here?

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Pee Wee Division, 9-11 year olds up to 120 lbs and 12 year olds up to 100 lbs
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Whether or not 9-12 year olds will get to enjoy their Sundays hinges on the results of their Little League football results??

What, do they have to come in on their off days to do extra film study??
Last edited by Van on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Van wrote:Certainly R Jack's post was the post of the year on this CF board. Maybe there was something else on the main board but on this CF board that was easily the runaway winner...
I thought you were a "tad" brighter than this.

I was mistaken..

I'm gonna have to lump you in with the rest of the southerners and the easily deceived .

After all, you do support southern Cal.

Maybe you'll put the pieces together... but I'll go with the UNDER on this one.
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Like I told you before, I'm not the least bit interested in "putting the pieces together" or in playing your little game of riddles.

Either spell it out, clearly and succinctly, or own it.

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Van wrote:Whether or not 9-12 year olds will get to enjoy their Sundays hinges on the results of their Little League football results??

The games are on Sundays, the team went 6-0 in OEC and 11-0 overall, they enjoyed their Sundays.

Monday- practice
Tuesday- Informal conditioning drills/SPARQ Training (mandatory if you want to start)
Thursday- Practice
Friday- Practice
Sunday- War Time
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sunday- War Time
:lol: :lol:

Okay, now I know you're just fucking around...

Schmick's star defensive end and Schmick

WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Sounds like somebody's making up for their own inadequacies as an athlete.
In other news....Water is wet, sugar is sweet, and Dinsdale likes to type.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:
Van wrote:Whether or not 9-12 year olds will get to enjoy their Sundays hinges on the results of their Little League football results??

The games are on Sundays, the team went 6-0 in OEC and 11-0 overall, they enjoyed their Sundays.

Monday- practice
Tuesday- Informal conditioning drills/SPARQ Training (mandatory if you want to start)
Thursday- Practice
Friday- Practice
Sunday- War Time
Sounds like somebody's making up for their own inadequacies as an athlete.
If my kids are going to play and Im going to help coach, Im giving and asking 100%, if you're not playing to win, why play at all?
"War Time" was taken from a USC coaches clinic.... "War Time, let's take it outside"
The team had Under Armour shirts made for under their gear on Game Day that says "War Time" across the chest.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

As a former player I hate it when football or sports in general is refered to as a war. Nothing could be further from the truth. Football is nothing but a game, can't say the same about war.

Coaches and broadcasters who run the war, battle, were an army, have limited ability to communicate. As such they latch onto this football is war crap.

Sad really that the next generation is going to continue this.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:Sad really that the next generation is going to continue this.

RACK!

Sin,
Kellen Winslow III
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dinsdale wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Sad really that the next generation is going to continue this.

RACK!

Sin,
Kellen Winslow III
RACK!!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Well, theres always barber school.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Left Seater wrote:As a former player I hate it when football or sports in general is refered to as a war. Nothing could be further from the truth. Football is nothing but a game, can't say the same about war.

Coaches and broadcasters who run the war, battle, were an army, have limited ability to communicate. As such they latch onto this football is war crap.

Sad really that the next generation is going to continue this.
Whatever, you never played the '95 huskers. They'd have dryfucked the Germans and gave showed the Soviets the REAL red-scare. We could've won WWI with our back-ups. :D
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?