Good Saturday for the Big 10

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Good Saturday for the Big 10

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Michigan punks DOOK and OSU takes down ND...

got to see parts of both games...I know Dook struggled from the perimeter but still...Michigan was just playing lights out...tOSU the young guys are playing ahead of schedule and guys like Turner and Lauderdale have been impressive...especially Lauderdale to go from bench guy to starter averaging 5 blocks per game and giving some much needed beef down low...if Mullens and Buford can progress this team can be dangerous...

good job boys!
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Re: Good Saturday for the Big 10

Post by WolverineSteve »

I was at the UM/Duke game and the joint was rockin'. I haven't seen Crisler so live since the mid-80's when UM beat IU to win the Big 10 title.

It's nice to see the team developing in year 2 of the regime. With some legit outside scorers Bielein's offense can work. Grady and Manny Harris can dribble penetrate on anyone. The huge improvement of Sims on the post, he banged home a couple threes as well. This team is quickly improving and compiling a nice tourney resume. Knocking off UCLA and Duke while finishing better than .500 in conference play should be enough. If they're on the bubble the two big wins should tip things their way.

Just making the dance would be a successful season, winning a first round game would be icing.

Go Blue!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Michigan could do no wrong that day. Congrats. A fine win and perhaps a constructive loss, if such exists.

Steve said the joint was rockin'. That's how it is EVERYWHERE Duke goes. It's like playing the Yankees. Shine and I were at the Duke/IU game back in '05....and it was one of the loudest crowds I've ever heard. But that's what Duke is faced with whenever they play on the road. The get crapped on because they don't play a lot of true road games. They used to play more but a lot of times, the host school moves the game to a bigger arena nearby to increase the gate, knowing everyone wants to see the Duke boys. Smart move.

I don't know Michigan that well but can they keep that up. Some nice athletes in that bunch. Hope to see them as a player in the Big 10 again.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Very nice results for the Big Ten yesterday. Minny finally proves their worth and wins a pretty surprising one vs Louisville. MSU pulls another one out against Texas despite having trailed most of the game, and the continued free throw and rebounding struggles. Purdue totally demolished Davidson and shut down Curry. Iowa was the one blemish, getting assreamed by 17 to Drake. :?