A Message For Harv, Bill, Camp & Our Other Resident UT Fans

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

War Stoops
Elwood

A Message For Harv, Bill, Camp & Our Other Resident UT Fans

Post by War Stoops »

I know it's easy to be gracious when your team gets the nod but I just wanted to tell you that this Sooner fan really respects the Longhorns and sincerely hates this situation. Mack Brown and Colt McCoy are class acts and have poured some water on my eternal hate-fire that burns for UT. If I'm being honest, I would have voted UT ahead of OU, not just because of the head-to-head score, but because I think they are the (oh so slightly) better team. You have every right to be pissed and I feel for you.

I do take issue with one thing that UT Fan seems to be pimping since the news broke. Bob Stoops handled this situation in a very classy manner. He turned down the opportunity to do a phone interview during the UT / aTm game and, if you really look at what he's said during the last two weeks, he's repeatedly stated his respect for UT and Tech and said that he dislikes the situation. Of course he's going to stump for his team...but he did not do anything out of line.

Here's hoping that Florida beats Alabama 2-0 and we get to take the RRR on the road to Miami.

Boomer Sooner
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Re: A Message For Harv, Bill, Camp & Our Other Resident UT Fans

Post by campinfool »

Thanks for a classy post. I'm starting to wonder if Mack's politicing and the facebook idiot cost Texas some points in the polls. And it's not easy to be gracious when your team gets the nod. In this heated rivalry the emotion is to pour salt into the wounds and gloat like a mofo.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

That's right, BITCH!

the_ous

Okay, seriously though... I (believe it or not) feel the same way. I don't like this situation at all. I don't like the fact that we're now locked into a system that was created to take away the human element and they did such a good job of taking away the human element that the team that won straight-up didn't get the nod. What the shit is that?

But, (not because there has to be one, but because there IS one) at the same time we lost early, but we outscored common opponents, but we beat Tech, blah, blah, blah... and the largest "but" of all...

...this is the system that's been in place. It's not like the rules changed at the end of the year to favor OU's BCS standing. Everything both teams did were plugged into computers who measured everything equally. So be pissed at the system. You have a sincere reason to be. But don't be pissed at OU. We made our case for it too, by destroying the team you couldn't beat. Be pissed at the system. If they don't scrap it after THIS whole debacle, then there is no justice...

..and wouldn't one more game, in Miami, be a sweet way to REALLY decide the tiebreaker? I'm pretty sure that it would be the greatest game, and the most-hyped game, in the history of the rivalry, at least, if not college football. Gators - 3, Crimson Tide - 2. It could happen, right?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I'd give anything to see a replay of the Red River Shootout to decide the MNC.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

WS....as always, very classy. You are right, it is easier to be classy when you win. It is a whole lot harder to be gracious when you lose. That being said, I am having a hard time with the BCS decision. This whole system is a joke. The thing that kills me is that the games should be decided on the field and not by some computer. The thing that goes through my head is that we lost 5 straight to OU. For 5 years, that was what we needed to get over the top to win a Championship in 2005. In 2002 we had the same conference record and OU got the nod because they won head to head. If Mack had gone on record and said that that game didn't matter...we are the hottest team in the country....etc...we would still be hearing about it. Fact is, OU beat us....scoreboard....end of story. I just cannot see how anyone in their right mind can see 2 teams play on a neutral field and see Team A win by 10 points and say that Team B is better. I don't get it.

As for Stoops....I lost a ton of respect for him last night. The game was over, you are up 13 with :28 seconds left and you do not take a knee? That I do not get. One thing I have learned about Mack Brown is that he is a class act and believes in sportsmanship. the game is over...why rub it in their faces? When he was interviewed during the game, he pointed out that both TT and OU had great seasons. He also mentioned the schools by name. Bob could not do that. Why? Why run up the score? Mack called off the dogs early against A&M. I guess he should have let his foot on the pedal.

Any way.....congrats. I think that this sucks but as Mack said tonight..."It is what it is."
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

I don't mind the fact that Stoops/Wilson called a run up the middle at the end of the game given the situation. Hell, Gundy is to blame for the last score. He called timeout with 28 seconds left. Bradford has barely seen the field in the fourth quarter this year so I don't think you can accuse Stoops of unsportsmanlike conduct. He may not have mentioned Tech and Texas by name each time he was questioned about this mess but he mentioned them by name many, many times. Trust me, Bob Stoops is on TV in Oklahoma more than the weather man. I heard him with my own ears. I know what you're saying about 2002 but, of course, it was different that year because it was only a two-way tie.

But back to the main point...you are right, the system is a joke and I think the tie-breaker will be changed in the off season. Texas should be in and I would be nuclear right now if the shoe was on the other foot.
Waz
Elwood

Post by Waz »

it sucks to be a whorn fan right now, and texass may be down right now, but there are a lot of good possibilities still out there:

OU TU split a national championship - I give this a real chance as the AP would want to make the BCS look bad if they can.
TU Florida could split a national championship - not that likely but if fla looks bad beating us it might happen
TU could gain more human votes on us next week to offset the computers. not likely enough votes would change, but you never know, especially if we play bad in the cold weather and it is a virtual home game for mizzou. also some of the votes for either florida or bama have got to go somewhere.
and the last one is we could lose - virtual home game and weather, I would think for sure you would be ahead of USC
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

I think the reason that OU fans are kinda "meh" about whether or not they'd be mad in Tejas fan's shoes... is because we've been there before. We have that, "We know that we'll get there again. If that's the way it worked, then we should have won them all" attitude.

And calling Bob classless is just Tejas fan being bitter he's not prowling your sideline. He's all about class. We had to get a first to kill the clock. OSU gave us more than a first... probably so that they could cry about it later; which I might actually believe if anybody in Stillwater was intelligent enough to craft a plan that genius.

the_ouskull
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Thanks for the kind words,

Every year someone gets screwed out of the BCS and in a year when just about everyone is 11-1 lots of people did. There are lots of Ifs and buts on both sides and what it comes down to is Texas not taking care of business when it had to. Oklahoma is just as deserving as Texas is so its not like 2k4 when we got the Rose Bowl over kal, we deserved it and they didn't.

In truth for the first time I'm in the camp where I now think the Big 12 championship is a joke and need to be altered or done away with. I would prefer to change the format to no divisions and just take the two highest ranked teams every year and let them play it off. I'm sure it would be OU and Texas most years but at lease we wouldn't have undeserving teams in there to muck up the conference bowl situation. Even then it wouldn't have helped Tech much since they might be just as deserving.

No matter when I look back at the beginning of the season if someone was to tell me my team was going to a BCS bowl game and beat both Oklahoma and a$m this year I would say I take it, and then I get the added bonus of a possible heisman for Colt. Then there was watching a$m lose to Arkansas state and teams like ND (sorry Kill), meat chicken, and kal fall on their face. Hell it's been a fun year.

i still feel that next year is going to be our year. We return 9 on offense and 8/9 on defense (depending on what Kindle does). We get Tech and Kansas at home with our toughest road test being OSU. I forgot to mention we got the added bonus of keeping our DC for more than just 1-2 years.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

I hope I don't get struck by lightning for this...

Good post.

the_ouskull
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Vito Corleone wrote: In truth for the first time I'm in the camp where I now think the Big 12 championship is a joke and need to be altered or done away with. I would prefer to change the format to no divisions and just take the two highest ranked teams every year and let them play it off.
Not gonna' happen. The Big XII's very existance is predicated upon having North/South divisions in football. Might as well go back to the Big 8 era... now that I think about, that's not such a bad idea.

Fuck you whiney ass Texass schools for fucking up our conference....

jk.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

While I agree that BCS ranking is a retarded way to break a 3-way tie, didn't they throw up some graphic during the OU/OSU game that showed that OU would've gotten the nod anyway, even if the tiebreaker was based on point differential vs. common opponents (South teams + Kansas)? They obviously would've won if it was point differential among the three tied teams. I think Texas fan would have a bigger gripe if they would've won under a different tiebreaker system.
"Keys, woman!"
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Texas got fucked bottom line. The best team in the conference isn't playing in the title game. The 2nd best vs the 4th best to give them some bogus CCG trophy? Fucking pathetic. Texas got jobbed.

It's touching however that the OU guys in here ae reaching out to their fallen Texas brothers, and the Texas guys seem to be taking it quite well pops to them all.

This year is no different. The BCS blows, this time all the way down to the conf. level. But apologists always argue that it works when it's clear that it's a piece of shit. Enjoy those CCG paychecks boys, the greed of your conf.'s made them possible and they could be what changes the landscape of the MNC game. You wanted one more game, enjoy what it brings.

The BCS has again failed to put the best two teams on the field for it's little showcase. The OU/Texas rematch should come in the CCG and not the MNC. Doesn't matter, SC and Florida are the best right now and the matchup will never happen. The system doesn't work. I may never live to see a playoff, but dammit that doesn't mean it aint the right idea.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

in the movie version of Friday Night Lights a tie for the playoffs is settled by a televised coin flip in a roadside burger and onion rings joint (don't remember if it happens in the book, lots of "creative license" in the film version)...more i think about it, at least it's criteria both sides could agree with going in. so, fair=fair. no complaining if you lose. win or lose, everybody is satisfied with the result.

somehow, that seems preferable to this mess.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

King Crimson wrote:in the movie version of Friday Night Lights a tie for the playoffs is settled by a televised coin flip in a roadside burger and onion rings joint (don't remember if it happens in the book, lots of "creative license" in the film version)
It did happen in real life, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't televised. It's been fifteen years since I read FNL.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Degenerate wrote:
King Crimson wrote:in the movie version of Friday Night Lights a tie for the playoffs is settled by a televised coin flip in a roadside burger and onion rings joint (don't remember if it happens in the book, lots of "creative license" in the film version)
It did happen in real life, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't televised. It's been fifteen years since I read FNL.
i suspect you are right about that.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

When i found out OU was going to the Big XII champ game..and then if we win we head to the Champ. Game, i couldnt help but think of one of the final scenes in Saving Private Ryan "earn this".

if OU beats Mizzou (as they SHOULD) and then goes to Miami, we'd better damn well make it a good game and win. or else people will be screaming "it shoulda been texas".

i REALLY don't want to see OU lay another BCS bowl game egg :evil:
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Lets keep in mind this isn't a BCS f*ck-up. Whereas the BCS is BS; the conference adopted the format for determining the conference division winner in case of a tie. (BtH did relate to it.)
Here's the deal, the Big XII can change the format by simply calling out head to head first tie break and trashing the BCS formula.
The funny part is Texas has been the deligate with the most star power in conference policy. I know we feel we've been backseated since they decided to bail on the SWC and invade the Big 8.
They should've caught this fopa in the fine print. Maybe the conference was just being lazy but you'd have thought one of those high falluton oil lawyers down in Dallas (Big XII office) would've spotted this potential "UT getting screwed scenerio" and did something about it before hand.

They're more to blame for the situation than the BCS.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

War Wagon wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote: In truth for the first time I'm in the camp where I now think the Big 12 championship is a joke and need to be altered or done away with. I would prefer to change the format to no divisions and just take the two highest ranked teams every year and let them play it off.
Not gonna' happen. The Big XII's very existance is predicated upon having North/South divisions in football. Might as well go back to the Big 8 era... now that I think about, that's not such a bad idea.

Fuck you whiney ass Texass schools for fucking up our conference....

jk.
Maybe we need to divide up the divisions according to where they sit on I-35, in other words make it a East/West divisions.

Teams on the west side are: Texas, Tech, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, and I believe KSU. Teams on the East side are Baylor, Oklahoma, OSU, a$m, Missouri, and ISU.

To me it actually looks like a better breakup with both sides being pretty even,hell it might give a$m and Nebraska a chance to get better again.

The real down side would be we lose the RRS two out of every 4 years and a$m but they could set it up so that we don't lose both at the same time. The only other down side is that Travel expenses are going to go up.

As for the conference championship game, it makes the conference lots of money but how many years has it screwed the conference out of playing for the MNC. Texas, KSU both could have played but lost their conf game, I can't remember if there were any others.

BTW in the 3 way tie if we went by SEC rules Texas would have gone ahead of Oklahoma. They take the two highest ranking teams and then go by head to head. That to me makes a little more sense than just taking the highest ranking team, but again no matter what the choice someone was going to get screwed.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I'm going to get flamed but I don't totally agree with Skull and WS.

I feel for texass fan because they have a legitimate gripe but it is no more legitimate than Dead Raider or Sooner fan. It was a three way tie for the south division not a heads up tie. Want to control your own destiny in a major BCS conference then win all your damn games. I wouldn't have bitched had OU not gone to Kansas City, maybe disappointed but wouldn't have bitched; should have handled business in October. I don't think Texas fan can either because they should have handled business in November.

I don't think Mack has been very classy either. He has since the decision but not before it was made. Playing phone grab ass with Herby on Saturday night was strictly politics and pandering.

The system sucks... that's a real revelation there. :meds:

Fuck Texass, fuck taco tech, and fuck the system...

Someone has to be the ass around here and it might as well be me!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

The conf. is using the bcs to break the tie....flawed.

A system that ranks one team ahead of another based on when a loss occured...flawed.

Bottom line, Texas lost last so they're screwed by the way the BCS works. All losses are not created equal and without enough weeks to get upward trending momentum, you're screwed. Nevermind the fact that you beat the team ahead of you rather convincingly.

Blame the BCS, Blame the B12 I don't care. But OU seems to get the benefit of such things too often. Not saying they should look the gift horse in the mouth, just seems odd.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I'd give anything to see a replay of the Red River Shootout to decide the MNC.
I would love to see that happen.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

SunCoast:

Actually, I don't disagree with your point at all. In fact, I can clearly see the logic that the Big 12 was using when they put this tiebreaker in place. The conference wanted to give itself the best chance to get a team in the title game. My point in the original post was just that the two teams are so close and I know I would be extremely pissed if the roles were reversed. Texas lost one game...on the last play of the game...in a very tough place to play...after playing four top 10 teams in a row. They beat OU and (this is just my opinion) seem to have a better all-around squad this year.

All that being said, this is my last post on the subject. It's time to focus on Missouri and hopefully #8.

Oh yeah...fuck Texas!

:)
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Maybe it's already been discussed, but why isn't Tejas fan clamoring for Tech to be in the Big 12 CCG? I mean, by their logic, winning the head-to-head is what qualifies them, right? Are they rooting for themselves, or against OU, 'cause by their math, Tech has the tie-breaker over them...

It's just something else that's been bugging me today.

the_ouskull
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

the_ouskull wrote:Maybe it's already been discussed, but why isn't Tejas fan clamoring for Tech to be in the Big 12 CCG?

the_ouskull

You're bothered by what people say on "message boards" ???

This is about the "saddest" and most pathetic thing I've ever heard on a message board.

You may want to change your social and environmental habitat.

<image deleted by RF>

the truth
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Heard earlier today (yesterday) from one of the AP voters directly, that even if OU wins on Saturday, they might have to win big.

His words, not mine:

"Of 127 people voting in human polls, all it takes is for six people out of 127 to change their votes -- that's how close it is (between Tex and OU). If OU wins by only a touchdown or a field goal, all it will take is a handfull of voters for Texas to be in it."

p.s. m2, go play somewhere else. I've about had enough and so has everyone else in this forum.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

RadioFan wrote:
"Of 127 people voting in human polls, all it takes is for six people out of 127 to change their votes -- that's how close it is (between Tex and OU). If OU wins by only a touchdown or a field goal, all it will take is a handfull of voters for Texas to be in it."
that would be a real turn of the screw, wouldn't it? and don't forget all those "style points" UT has in running MU out of DKR. :wink:
"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

the_ouskull wrote:Maybe it's already been discussed, but why isn't Tejas fan clamoring for Tech to be in the Big 12 CCG? I mean, by their logic, winning the head-to-head is what qualifies them, right? Are they rooting for themselves, or against OU, 'cause by their math, Tech has the tie-breaker over them...

the_ouskull
I think tceh is not even in the discussion because of the fact they got buttfucked in the mouth in their loss. OU/t.u. was settled on a neutral field, and a 10 point victory is nothing to wave off. t.u. barely got beat on a last second play on the road in a hostile environment. That's why I think all the attention is now on t.u. or OU. Also, the fact that tceh was the last to lose hurts them too.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

.m2 wrote:You're bothered by what people say on "message boards" ???

This is about the "saddest" and most pathetic thing I've ever heard on a message board.

You may want to change your social and environmental habitat.
I'm also "bothered" by how many spaces you put between each line of your text. My world's not going to stop spinning on it's axis anytime soon. Yours shouldn't either. Have you graduated yet?

the_ouskull
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

IndyFrisco wrote:
I think tceh is not even in the discussion because of the fact they got buttfucked in the mouth in their loss.
but, this doesn't make sense when you look at it. in essence, it says that OU's case (in the 3 way tie scenario) is *stronger* if Tech is still in the mix which is possible only in a close game scenario....an argument held in place by this one: OU has a stronger three-way tie case to play in KC if they beat Tech by 7 (Tech still in the picture) than if they buttfuck Tech in the mouth by 40+. This argument says it's in OU's best interest (post facto) to have won by being less impressive against Tech. it's nonsensical.

I agree Tech is out of the mix in terms of national rankings or human polls, but not in the W-L mathematics of the tie-break. one loss=one loss.
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I wanted to go off further yesterday but just didn't have the time. Some of the people here who play the football sim game with the Hitmen know what's going on right ow for me but I digress...

Everyone keeps banging on OU's defense but it's not an issue in my eyes. The vast majority of points put up on OU this season has been in trash time after Stoops has taken his foot off a teams throat and put in the back ups for the most part. Go look at the recaps and box scores of games. The only teams in the Big 12 to have put up any points on OU in meaningful time before the game was out of hand have been Tejass, Okie Lite, and Kansas State; everyone else has been completely butt fucked in the mouth before they put up anything on the scoreboard. Sorry that the scrubs aren't shutting people out with 15 to 20 minutes of game time left up by 40+ points. There have been at least 3 games this season where Oklahoma could have literally named the score on teams (100+) had Stoops not given out Catholic Church mercy jobs to people in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Oklahoma has throttled opponents this season...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I wanted to go off further yesterday but just didn't have the time. Some of the people here who play the football sim game with the Hitmen know what's going on right ow for me but I digress...

Everyone keeps banging on OU's defense but it's not an issue in my eyes. The vast majority of points put up on OU this season has been in trash time after Stoops has taken his foot off a teams throat and put in the back ups for the most part. Go look at the recaps and box scores of games. The only teams in the Big 12 to have put up any points on OU in meaningful time before the game was out of hand have been Tejass, Okie Lite, and Kansas State; everyone else has been completely butt fucked in the mouth before they put up anything on the scoreboard. Sorry that the scrubs aren't shutting people out with 15 to 20 minutes of game time left up by 40+ points. There have been at least 3 games this season where Oklahoma could have literally named the score on teams (100+) had Stoops not given out Catholic Church mercy jobs to people in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Kansas, and OSU would disagree. Kansas was an absolute shootout the entire game. Even against A&M they scored 21 pts on your starters in the first 3 quarters and they absolutely suck. Nebraska also put up 21 pts in 2 quarters and the opening drive of the 3rd quarter. KSU put up 28 pts in the 1st half and another TD in the 3rd while your starters were in.

Your offense is lights out but by my count it has to be cuse your defense sucks ass.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Ah, so you must have watched the games then?

Yeah, our defense played like dog shit most of the year. We gave up 300 yards to one Kansas player... 300 RECEIVING yards! That's re-Got-damn-diculous. It was like our fucking philosophy was, "Well, they're due to throw to someone else now any minute..."

Hell, nobody on the team can tackle someone to save their madre-fucking lives. Nic Harris, maybe...? I mean, it's bad. Our special teams haven't tackled anybody yet... like all year. They parted like the fucking Red Sea for Tejas. (Good thing you guys fucked up and lost to Tech for us... 'Prec'.)

If our offense wasn't unstoppable, and it is... then we'd be at least a two or three loss team this year...

As it is, we're playing for (another) championship. I just hope our defense gets some of Bob's personal attention before the next two games.

the_ouskull
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

the_ouskull wrote:Ah, so you must have watched the games then?

Yeah, our defense played like dog shit most of the year. We gave up 300 yards to one Kansas player... 300 RECEIVING yards! That's re-Got-damn-diculous. It was like our fucking philosophy was, "Well, they're due to throw to someone else now any minute..."

Hell, nobody on the team can tackle someone to save their madre-fucking lives. Nic Harris, maybe...? I mean, it's bad. Our special teams haven't tackled anybody yet... like all year. They parted like the fucking Red Sea for Tejas. (Good thing you guys fucked up and lost to Tech for us... 'Prec'.)

If our offense wasn't unstoppable, and it is... then we'd be at least a two or three loss team this year...

As it is, we're playing for (another) championship. I just hope our defense gets some of Bob's personal attention before the next two games.

the_ouskull
Actually no, I haven't watched jack this year except for DVR versions of Texas, the only two games I watched live this year have been the RRS and Thanksgiving. i saw lots of game day finale and read lots of box scores. Hell I'm still trying to figure out why Demarco Murray sucked this year. I did watch part of Bedlam and also the Tech Baylor game so I felt kinda lucky in that regard.

This year sure has sucked, and now my Spurs are the suck as well.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:I wanted to go off further yesterday but just didn't have the time. Some of the people here who play the football sim game with the Hitmen know what's going on right ow for me but I digress...

Kansas, and OSU would disagree. Kansas was an absolute shootout the entire game. Even against A&M they scored 21 pts on your starters in the first 3 quarters and they absolutely suck. Nebraska also put up 21 pts in 2 quarters and the opening drive of the 3rd quarter. KSU put up 28 pts in the 1st half and another TD in the 3rd while your starters were in.

Your offense is lights out but by my count it has to be cuse your defense sucks ass.
2 TDs and 20 points are shootouts but a ten point win is decisive... Gotta love shortwhorn logic.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:

2 TDs and 20 points are shootouts but a ten point win is decisive... Gotta love shortwhorn logic.
Actually Texas outscored blOwU 34-14 over the last 2.5 quarter of the game, that looks rather decisive to me. I still say your 1st TD was a gift no way did that ball cross the goalline. Then again I also say you guys intercepted colt in the endzone, so it is a push.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:Actually Texas outscored blOwU 34-14 over the last 2.5 quarter of the game, that looks rather decisive to me. I still say your 1st TD was a gift no way did that ball cross the goalline. Then again I also say you guys intercepted colt in the endzone, so it is a push.
But outscoring a team 40-18 in the second half and on the road isn't decisive but a shootout, gotcha. I think I am beginning to understand this whole shortwhorn logic concept... say the dumbest thing possible and only allow it to pertain to the team in Asstin. :meds:
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:Actually Texas outscored blOwU 34-14 over the last 2.5 quarter of the game, that looks rather decisive to me. I still say your 1st TD was a gift no way did that ball cross the goalline. Then again I also say you guys intercepted colt in the endzone, so it is a push.
But outscoring a team 40-18 in the second half and on the road isn't decisive but a shootout, gotcha. I think I am beginning to understand this whole shortwhorn logic concept... say the dumbest thing possible and only allow it to pertain to the team in Asstin. :meds:
I'm pretty sure the argument isn't that you won your games decisive, I never questioned the results of your games, I questioned your defense giving up lots of points to lots of teams with suck-ass offenses. Like the aggsy, ksu, Kansas, and Nebraska, those teams scored lots of points long before the game was decided and the Sooners pulled their starters. Thus the belief that your defense sucks ass. And it does.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

I wouldn't say that our defense sucks, so much as it's the guy in college who drank every single night. They were always ready to go again, but they were never going at 100%. The perpetual hangover. Only, in our case, the hangover is from having to shift around so much personnel due to injuries. First Reynolds, then Box, and now we have an outside backer playing middle backer, and a converted safety playing outside backer. Our speed, especially sideline-to-sideline, is sick though.

But, they're also young and susceptible to huge shifts in momentum.

By the way, Musburger just said, in regards to OU, "Now, how do you deny this team a chance to play for the National Championship." You'd have probably bricked against Mizzou anyway. They came to play tonight.

Anyway, like I was saying, they're young, and susceptible to huge shifts in momentum. It's one of the things that drives me crazy about them. They make a dumb play, and get burned. Then, on the next series, everybody's trying too hard to make plays; stripping the ball or jumping short lanes, and they wind up fucking up again. Then they're having to play catch-up ball, and that's not easy to do as an undersized, young defense.

It's a good thing that our offense is usually able to let our defense do what it does well... attack. If we're scoring, then we're winning. Our defense is "good enough." The one time it wasn't this year was when our lack of preparation got us beaten. We didn't have a capable backup to Reynolds, and Tejas took full advantage of it, as a great team SHOULD do. However, they, in return, didn't have an answer for Crabtree. (Thank God...) So, because of the quality of the rest of our play, we won the three-way tiebreaker. It's just like all of these folks saying, "The Big 12 Championship Game has a history of upsets, and blah, blah, blah..." That's because the best team doesn't always win.

(And no, I DON'T believe that... It's all about how you play THAT DAY and it sucks that we're beating Mizzou, but it's also the rules, so, shitty or not, we have no need to apologize. So, no, I don't believe that whole, "..the best team doesn't always win," argument, 'cause it's sour grapes. But, I'm smiling my ass off imagining the look on Tejas Fan's face when they read that I'd written that... Already getting a "fuck you" response ready...)

the_ouskull
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I thought that sam Bradford never played in the 4th quarter? I thought Bob Stoops ooses class....how it is classy having your first string offense on the field THROWING PASSES up 34 POINTS with 7 minutes to go in the 4th quarter? Stoops is classless. All week you guys have tried to convince everyone that he is classy and that Bradford doesn't play in the 4th quarter. Well, that is 2 games in a row where he has run up the score. I just hope that the rest of America sees what a total asshole this guy is.