Ohio State and the BCS

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Ohio State and the BCS

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I know I might be in the minority of OSU nation...but FUCKING we don't deserve a BCS bid...

we beat Wisconsin, great, we thumped MSU...great...but in the TWO biggest games of the year we FUCKING scored NINE FUCKING POINTS...NINE...not ninety, not nine hundred, but FUCKING NINE...with no offensive touchdowns...and buckeye nation feels we should be in a BCS game...FUCK THAT...

we deserve what we get a Cap One bid...OSU only has themselves to blame...fucking show up in a big game and maybe just maybe the media and other fans will back the FUCK off...yeah I have taken a ton of shit lately about OSU not being worthy of a BCS game and they are right...

flame away!
M Club
el capitán

Re: Ohio State and the BCS

Post by M Club »

there aren't many at-large spots to go around even for the at-large teams better than osu:

bama
florida
texas
ou
usc
uga
ttech
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i don't see any way tOSU gets a #2 Big Ten BCS bid. who is going to flame away about that? wisconsin sucks. msu had a nice year but are a middle bowl team.

tOSU is 2-2 against ranked teams.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

im with sc.. osu doesnt deserve a bcs slot!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

peter dragon wrote:im with sc.. osu doesnt deserve a bcs slot!
And yet, if the other OSU loses this weekend, the Buckeyes are probably in. While Texas Tech is out.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Why does Ohio State get shit on for their last TWO performances in BCS Bowls and Oklahoma get a free pass for the performance they put forth in the last FOUR BCS bowls they have played in.

28-48 Loss to West Virginia
42-43 Loss to Boise State
19-55 Loss to USC
14-21 Loss to LSU
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

If Oregon State loses to Oregon, Ohio State is going to get a BCS Bid. Comes down to money and the BCS bowl organizers will take Ohio State and the money their program will bring over what Boise States fan base will
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

King Crimson wrote:i don't see any way tOSU gets a #2 Big Ten BCS bid. who is going to flame away about that?
m2ool, for starters. According to him, MSU is the greatest thing since imaginary women.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Why does Ohio State get shit on for their last TWO performances in BCS Bowls and Oklahoma get a free pass for the performance they put forth in the last FOUR BCS bowls they have played in.

28-48 Loss to West Virginia
42-43 Loss to Boise State
19-55 Loss to USC
14-21 Loss to LSU

OSU gets the rep because they lost the two BCS championship games, and because they are the most memorable. They don't deserve a BCS game and I almost hope they dont get it. So that Pryor and the rest of the underclassman can work to make it back and be there because they deserve it not because its fucking handed to them!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

OU doesn't get a free pass. we take shit for it all the time in the national media.

my point is Ohio State is 2-2 against ranked teams. PSU gets the Rose, OSU doesn't deserve a BCS bowl.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Teams like OU and OSU are elite. They "get there" every single year. In evenly matched games, someone's gotta lose...right?

Neither deserves criticism.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

People have been talking down Ohio State and their conference all year, before Ohio State lost to USC and Penn State and pointing out how they have flopped in recent BCS Bowls and how there is no way they or any other big 10 team should play in the BCS title because of it. Oklahoma has a worse recent history in BCS bowls than the Buckeyes who have never lost 55-19 in a title game

Oregon State loses to Oregon and Ohio State is in a BCS Bowl, if ya think they deserve it or not