6:49 p.m. EST - I'm Calling The Election For Obama

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

dotdotdot
Elwood

Re: 6:49 p.m. EST - I'm Calling The Election For Obama

Post by dotdotdot »

I voted for McCain and I stand behind my choice for whatever reasons that I made it. That said, I am now rooting for Obama to be succesful as president, as well as the newley elected members of congress. I am rooting for them to do the best they can, because rooting for them to fail would be the same as rooting for our nation to fail.

Edit - oh, yeah...I also hope that the Dems legalize pot.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

dotdotdot wrote:I voted for McCain and I stand behind my choice for whatever reasons that I made it. That said, I am now rooting for Obama to be succesful as president, as well as the newley elected members of congress. I am rooting for them to do the best they can, because rooting for them to fail would be the same as rooting for our nation to fail.
RACK

RACK that too.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

dotdotdot wrote:I voted for McCain and I stand behind my choice for whatever reasons that I made it. That said, I am now rooting for Obama to be succesful as president, as well as the newley elected members of congress. I am rooting for them to do the best they can, because rooting for them to fail would be the same as rooting for our nation to fail.

Edit - oh, yeah...I also hope that the Dems legalize pot.

Well said...and RACK my state for passing bills on stem cell research and medical marijuana
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

I voted for NO ONE and I stand behind my vote for the very specific reasons I made it.

That said, I am now expecting Obama to do as poorly as his predecessor, as I do the newley elected crooks of congress.

I am expecting them to do the best looting they can, because rooting for them to fail at that skill they have mastered so well would be the same as expecting anyone called "Politician" to be honest and to represent the people in the way they swore by oath to do.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Mister Bushice wrote:I voted for NO ONE and I stand behind my vote for the very specific reasons I made it.

For the record...did you just not show up to vote at all or did you just not vote for anyone for president?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Where's MV? It's only 9:07 on the West Coast. Is he really compiling arms and preparing for the apocalypse?

He's feeling intimidated.
dotdotdot
Elwood

Post by dotdotdot »

T-minus 20 years or so until I am as jaded as Buschice.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Heard McCain's concession speech while on the road.

That was pure class.

BaRACK it.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:I laughed.
Keep laughing. Your unerring negative predictive powers are legend.
There will be no landslide. Electoral or popular.
Do you prefer to call it a Tsunami instead?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

dotdotdot wrote:T-minus 20 years or so until I am as jaded as Buschice.

Don't fall for that stuff...everyone wants to go to either extreme. It's either going to be sunshine, butterflies and lollipops or death, famine and corruption. Heaven forbid, anyone here has a moderate view on things.

The guy I voted for won the election but I'm not marching up and down the street in celebration. I want this guy to follow through on what he says he's going to do. You vote for the person you hope will leave the country in better shape than what it was before they were elected. Just because he got my vote doesn't mean I'm not going to hold back on any criticism I may have for him when he makes mistakes. He does give nice speeches but this guy also has to deliver as the leader of the free world or myself and millions of others cast our votes for the wrong man. This guy works for all of us now.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Asian stock markets?

That's the rest of the world, isn't it?
Who cares what they think?

Sin
Whiteydolt
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Shoalzie wrote:Just because he got my vote doesn't mean I'm not going to hold back on any criticism I may have for him when he makes mistakes. He does give nice speeches but this guy also has to deliver as the leader of the free world or myself and millions of others cast our votes for the wrong man. This guy works for all of us now.

That's right. As our Democratic colleagues have shown us for the past 8 years, supporting a President doesn't mean - not criticizing him. In fact, "Yes Men" are often very deadly to an organization.

No, Obama's administration, as all should be - will be heavily scrutinized. I expect to support Obama to the same level, I hope, as the folks "across the aisle" supported Bush. It should make for a stronger, more unified nation.

As we've seen tonight, where we've all come together as one.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

This is expected. The wait is over. The unknown is now "known" ... sort of. I don't think we'll find out much until he selects his cabinet, and I really don't think we'll know much about his plans for a little bit.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:Well said...and RACK my state for passing bills on stem cell research and medical marijuana
I agree. I was participating in the mlive.com live blog for SW MI tonight, it was a lot of fun to see how things were going down in my former stomping grounds, and giving shit to newsies about working late on election night.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

When does the baby harvest begin ?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

dotdotdot wrote:I voted for McCain and I stand behind my choice for whatever reasons that I made it.
I'm sure he likes Clamato and Budweiser too.

Edit - oh, yeah...I also hope that the Dems legalize pot.[/quote]

Doubt it. Just hope they decriminalize it. That would be an acceptable alternative. Or move to Michigan. There will be pot shops on every corner. :meds: :meds: :meds:
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Tom In VA wrote:When does the baby harvest begin ?
:D

As Perk once asked? Will there be "TRUTH AND RECONCILIATION" after the November elections?

I, for one, say let's start busting skulls Daley-style.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Shoalzie wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:I voted for NO ONE and I stand behind my vote for the very specific reasons I made it.

For the record...did you just not show up to vote at all or did you just not vote for anyone for president?
I did not vote at all for any presidential candidate. That was a total lose-lose for me.
Much the same as if I had voted for anyone on the ballot.

I also did not vote yes on any of this years' selection of shit CA propositions. I usually make out quite well there. I have about an 80% success rate on consistently voting no.

I skipped over most of the local election bullshit that has no impact on me, like school district reps where I have never had nor anticipate having any offspring attend, to be negatively affected by whatever dumbfuck has stepped up and made promises of hard work and honesty that they consistently fail to deliver, or local reps I have never heard of.

I voted against everything my state rep and senators asked me to vote for, since they traitorously voted for the bank bailout that did not help a single American outside of the wealthy members of the banking industry, so my voting impact was limited, but satisfactory.

I can't tell you the immense feeling of satisfaction I feel knowing that by not voting for either piece of shit in actual contention for the fat stinky seat in the white house I have absolutely no guilt over the rectal mayhem they will ram up our asses over the next 4 years.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

As Perk once asked? Will there be "TRUTH AND RECONCILIATION" after the November elections?

Yeah baby. It's OUR TURN now!
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

Why's that ?
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Shoalzie wrote:
I want this guy to follow through on what he says he's going to do.

That would be a total fucking FIRST.

read my lips. NO CAMPAIGN PROMISES KEPT.

He does give nice speeches but this guy also has to deliver as the leader of the free world or myself and millions of others cast our votes for the wrong man. This guy works for all of us now.
You mean - like Bush?

Didn't millions of us cast votes for him?

and...didn't he work for us?

and...didn't he fail to deliver?

What gives you the idea, outside of his "Niiice " speeches that Obama will be any different?

You're just saying that because he's BLACK.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack had a good idea, they're going to get a bunch of broads together to form a broad coaltion then hook up senators and congressmen on a "mandate" ... They get laid, they get happy, and they cooperate.

Apparently that's why the bailout was signed.
dotdotdot
Elwood

Post by dotdotdot »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
dotdotdot wrote:I voted for McCain and I stand behind my choice for whatever reasons that I made it.
I'm sure he likes Clamato and Budweiser too.
I laffed, but you forgot about how old people get vertigo and how mesculine helps to alleviate the effects...
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

If you are an early 20 something? Probably. Unless you buy into one of the two party platforms, then you'll drink the koolaid when they tell you to, and you will like it.

But not now nor 20 years from now will I start calling you dotdotdash.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Chris Rock put it best:

This is a race.

Obama is a Kenyan,

and NOBODY beats a Kenyan in a race.

Obama has his Tarzan rope to swing on now, let's see how much "change" he is able to bring before his own people hang him with it.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Karl Rove called it, possibly even earlier than 88.
Many pundits had no doubt about Tuesday's outcome. Among them: Karl Rove, once of Bush's closest aides and the architect of his two successful presidential runs. On election eve, Rove distributed his last analysis of the electoral map. It predicted Obama winning easily, with 338 electoral votes. It takes 270 to win.

The title of Rove's e-mail: "The End." He was referring to the election, but there was also a feeling of finality at the White House.
As of 1:52 a.m., CT, he had 339.

Gotta give props to that guy. Agree or disagree with him, dude knows his politics.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Tom In VA wrote:

This is expected. The wait is over. The unknown is now "known" ... sort of. I don't think we'll find out much until he selects his cabinet, and I really don't think we'll know much about his plans for a little bit.
I know, dog. Just being sarcastic for some of the hysteric folks to the right of ya. I'm really hoping Tardowen has offed himself. Now that would mark a true victory for change. ('sup CREW ... any of ya'll homeboys gonna be up in Connecticut, yo!)

Btw, Rack you, Tom. Seriously. I think your feelings about Obama are about equal to mine toward Bush. I may disagree with some of his policies, but I still think dude was absolute nails in the days following Sept. 11, 2001. I think Obama has the same ability to inspire people, and this country is going to need it.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

McBush died like he lived: a sniveling weasel looking to appease the beatdown he's (currently) enduring. It's a conditioned thing. In his sniveling (practiced) surrender speech, he attempted to give honor to the racial achievement of Obama's victory, rather than acknowledge the clear repudiation of all of his--McBush's--ideology, principles, policies and plans. He is a disgusting creature of unspeakable origin whose end is nigh. And none too soon.

WW
Before God was, I am
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:McBush died like he lived: a sniveling weasel looking to appease the beatdown he's (currently) enduring.
STFU, psycho.

Get back to Gaza's communes, and check your gf's weeds, you motherfucking POS.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Tardowen wrote:Of course, there's always the ever present possibilty of a hunting accident of some sort I suppose.
You still havent offed yourself yet?

WTF is wrong with you?

Stop typing and start doing, Tard.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Who the fuck is "we?"

It's gotta be tough imagining doing your mother and little girls, in between threatening suicide and race-baiting.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KING OF PAGE 6
mvscal wrote:
If you happened to be sitting in a bathtub maybe. Less than ten points in the popular vote and far less than 400 electoral votes is hardly a landslide.

ya gotta love this guy :lol:

funny shit bro
get out, get out while there's still time
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I just wanted to send a hearty fuck you to all the dumbfucks that voted for a straight-ticket rather than going through each candidate and making a sound choice.

The County Judge position should have been a landslide, but dude won by less than 5% because of all the idiots who voted democrat in the general election. The same goes for the idiots who voted straight republican. Just goes to show that some people have no business voting. Fucking morons.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I voted for Democratic, Republican, and Green party candidates.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

PSUFAN wrote:I voted for Democratic, Republican, and Green party candidates.
who gives a fuck?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I just wanted to send a hearty fuck you to all the dumbfucks that voted for a straight-ticket rather than going through each candidate and making a sound choice.
It's none of your motherfucking business who I vote for or how I vote. Besides, I thought you and RumpleWhale were on the way to Costa Rica? Need help packing? I'll go get the power washer you use to bathe her.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

the people voted for Change- and now they'll get it, good and hard.

oh, and let's dispense with one more bit of liberal horseshit: the voter turnout this year was not "historic"

Chimpy won in 2004 with 62 million votes. President-elect Tarzan won this year with 62 million votes
in 2004, Reporting For Duty lost with 59 million votes, and this year, McDole lost with 55 million votes.

for the mathematiclly challenged, that means 4 million fewer people voted this year than in 2004- including the fraudulent ballots stuffed in by ACORN
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Cuda wrote:the people voted for Change- and now they'll get it, good and hard.

oh, and let's dispense with one more bit of liberal horseshit: the voter turnout this year was not "historic"

Chimpy won in 2004 with 62 million votes. President-elect Tarzan won this year with 62 million votes
in 2004, Reporting For Duty lost with 59 million votes, and this year, McDole lost with 55 million votes.

for the mathematiclly challenged, that means 4 million fewer people voted this year than in 2004- including the fraudulent ballots stuffed in by ACORN
You might want to wait until all the votes are counted before making an idiot of yourself.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

l -to -r : Cuda & mvscal, post-election