Taco Tech hammering Longhorns

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Screw_Michigan

Re: Taco Tech hammering Longhorns

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Unfucking real. Best game of the season.

Texas severly underestimated its opponent, although i have no factual basis for that statement.

Sin,

Dumbfuck Wagon in Kansas Shitty
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Holy crap. Huge props to Tech. I knew Texas left them with too much time, but man Texas had a pick in their hands to sea lthe game, then theyare probably one tackle away from forcing a field goal. Glad to see Texas pull their head out of their ass to make it a game to the end.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Great fucking game.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Crabtree is a MAN amongst boys....

the truth
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

USC would kick the fuck out of Missouri and put that hobbit of a QB in traction, same thing with LSU. The Trojans have had 1 bad half of football on a thursday night road game.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mikey wrote:RACK Tech.

UnRACK the idiot fans.

This is some of the lowest class bullshit I've ever seen a home crowd pull. Just embarassing.
that's what they known for.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw_Michigan wrote: How about TT flat out being the superior team?
STFU, you ignorant fool.

Not that your designation of board idiot needed any further cementing.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kicking your own ass is more than just a natural reflex, huh Wags? It's obviously a way of life.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Kicking your own ass is more than just a natural reflex, huh Wags? It's obviously a way of life.
How's that again?

Tech wins a nailbiter at home, and they're obviously the "flat out better team".

Dude, you don't know when to stay down.

You're a fucking joke.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

SoCalTrjn wrote:USC would kick the fuck out of Missouri and put that hobbit of a QB in traction, same thing with LSU. The Trojans have had 1 bad half of football on a thursday night road game.
Enjoy the Rose Bowl nonetheless.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You're oblivious to reality, I get that. Well, I fucking don't, but it your case, it makes sense. Who won the fucking game? Who's the douche pulling shit out of his ass? Were you on the sideline during the first half? Were you in the locker room during halftime? Of course not, but you still feel qualified in saying the Horns underestimated their opponent. And "nailbiter" my ass. What, it took TT about 10 seconds to drive down the field and score the winning score?

You make Paul look like a fucking Rhodes scholar, slunt.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

As much as this loss stings, I can't be too unhappy. If someone would have predicted in August only having one loss in the month of November with a chance still for a Big XII title and a BCS bowl I probably would have rubbed one out over it. But I still have to be semi pleased that Texas played their worst half of football in the first half and still almost pulled off the win. I figured it would Tech would drive the field after the nice return and too much time on the clock. Combine that with a young secondary that was getting roasted all night and it finally came to bite Texas in the ass. They still have a lot to play for and I hope the team can dust themselves off and not stumble again.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Where do I start.......fuck.

Tech is always a tough team to beat in Lubbock or Holiday Bowls (right m2tool?). They came out like they always do.....revved up and hitting on all cylinders. The first quarter was a complete abortion for Texas. I kept saying to myself, I have seen this before.....wait until the 2nd half....

Better defense in the 2nd half. We were undone by 3 plays. The first was the phanton holding penalty after Shipley got 9 yards. The guy was on the ground and our o-lineman fell on him. How that is a penalty is beyond me. The next play is an interception returned for a TD. They always say that for every true freshman you start, you will lose a game. Well, the biggest play of the game was a dropped interception by a true freshman with :10 seconds remaining. That is the differnce between a 1 point win on the road and a 6 point loss. The play by Crabtree was amazing. Hats off to him. He is the 2nd coming of Andre Johnson. He will be a top 10 pick in the draft.

Tech now has a target on their backs. We will see how they handle it. They were really hyped about this game. Let's see if they can do it 3 more times against OSU, Missouri, and OU. I say they lose 2.

Good game, congrats TT fans. This season is not over by a long shot. Texas wins out, TT loses 2 of the next 3, we beat Missouri for the Big 12 championship and we play Penn St. for all the marbles. See you Jan 8th Joe Pa.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

This is the type of game that makes CFB great. Props to both teams. Texas for never quiting and rallying furiously and Tech for sacking up in money time to get the win. I don't know about the TD play. If Texas tackles him short of the endzone time may have run out before they could have called timeout. But unreal finish to the game. Crabtree is amazing.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw_Michigan wrote:And "nailbiter" my ass. What, it took TT about 10 seconds to drive down the field and score the winning score?
There was over a minute left when Tech got the ball back and they scored with a second left.

If you don't think that was a nailbiter, I don't have anything left to say to you. You're not worth the time or effort... unless I get really bored.

Quit humping my leg and go jerk off to some MGMT or something.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Tech receivers went Ike Turner on Curtis Brown all fucking night. Some dropped passes by Texas receivers and that pick Colt threw proved to be very costly as well. Tech played their asses off in the first half and were the better team tonight overall. Rack them for their effort and being a legit BCS team. However, they got Ok State and OU left on the schedule. They won't survive.

As for the officiating tonight, horrible, just horrible. Orakpo and Miller were held on more than one occasion and the refs kept the flags in their pocket. The offensive pass interference call on Crabtree was shit too. Lot of blown calls and non-calls out there, but Tech won the game without any help and Texas lost the game without any help.

Great fucking football game. Hopefully, Texas wins out, Tech loses to OU and OSU, and OU loses to OSU, then Texas will be slotted for the Big XII championship. Penn State has the inside track to the MNC, 'cus I don't see 'Bama surviving with the rest of their schedule.

How you determine which one loss team plays Penn State will be fucking insane to try and figure out. Looks like there could be four 1-loss teams to choose from come selection time. We'll see.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Oh yeah, the Texas D stone handing two easy picks was brutal. I guess that's why those guys play on defense.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RumpleForeskin wrote: As for the officiating tonight, horrible, just horrible.
Are you Radio Fan's troll?

You forgot to rag on the announcers.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Hey, they are 2 freshman who have played well all year. They had a chance and missed. As a fan, I expected Texas to go 10-2 this year. I think that next year will be our year. Getting to November as the #1 team has been great. Tech has to now face the teams that we beat. OSU and OU. I think they lose both. The emotion of a big game is tough. Tech has a big win. OSU is hungry. They are going to go to Lubbock and know them off. Tech is going to head to Norman and get beat, badly. Texas wins out and goes to Kansas City in December. :D
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote: Are you Radio Fan's troll?

You forgot to rag on the announcers.
i'll do it: Herbstreit: "I expect Florida to jump up in a big way". from where to where? they beat a UGA team that has been a non-factor sliding out of the top 10 team for how many years in a row?

a big way to where? above Texas? above OU? there aren't that many places to "jump". .
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

No Shit. When Texas beat OU, OU fell to #5. I expect this:

1. Alabama
2. Penn St.
3. Texas Tech
4. Texas
5. OU
6. Florida
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

dotdotdot wrote:This is getting exciting.
I think that boy is onto something.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

This is where computers and humans can't figure it out. Florida and OU will probably be ranked ahead of UT this week, but OU lost to #5 UT at a neutral site and Florida lost to unranked Ole Miss at home. UT loses to #7 Tech on the road on the last play of the game, but they will probably fall to #5. It doesn't make sense and it never will.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

it makes perfect sense, OU lost to UT and UT lost to Tech (all top 5 teams)...but Florida lost to unranked Ole Miss....therefore, they should "jump up in a big way".
"
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Harvdog wrote:No Shit. When Texas beat OU, OU fell to #5. I expect this:

1. Alabama
2. Penn St.
3. Texas Tech
4. Texas
5. OU

6. Florida

Hilarious...

Big 12 fan has turned into SEC fan.

Like everyone says to SEC fan...... "Who have any of you played" ?

[meatgrinder] Here it comes..... [/meatgrinder]
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

.m2 wrote:

1. Alabama
2. Penn St.
3. Texas Tech
4. Texas
5. OU

6. Florida

Hilarious...

Go sell some windchimes to some nymph from Conroe and leave the conversations about things that matter to the adults.

Yeah, that's how it should be. Losing to Oregon St. won't get you any love in the polls. Who has Cal played? Oregon? UCLA? Arizona? ASU? Oregon St? Washington? It seems like you have nothing to hang your hat on with the Pac 10 this year. Seems to me that the lst time your girls from Berkeley played Tech, they got hammered by 20.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

If you go by how the teams are playing now TT or UF could be #3. Even if it's Tech, UF gets a shot at Bama so they control their own destiny, assuming Tech has a loss coming of course.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Harvdog wrote:
.m2 wrote:

1. Alabama
2. Penn St.
3. Texas Tech
4. Texas
5. OU

6. Florida

Hilarious...

Go sell some windchimes to some nymph from Conroe and leave the conversations about things that matter to the adults.

Yeah, that's how it should be. Losing to Oregon St. won't get you any love in the polls.

Either should playing nobody.

Once again.... TCU is the highest ranked OOC team anyone from the "Big 12" has played.

Simply embarrassing.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Rumps,

For some reason, I thought you once said you were an A&M fan. Correct me if I am wrong. That being said, if you are an A&M fan, not sure why you'd be pulling for t.u. to win the XII. At this point, I'm hoping OSU wins it. Why? OU pulls some of the best talent out of Texas. Of course, t.u. does as well. Any success by these two programs hampers A&M's recruiting. OSU success will always be a flash in the pan. tceh is just classless waste of oxygen.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

rumps is a houston cougar fan
dotdotdot
Elwood

Post by dotdotdot »

Adelpiero wrote:rumps is a houston cougar fan

Which really means we root for whichever of the Texas teams is doing the best.

GUNS UP!!!! :oops:
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Yeah, I know Rumps likes Couger High. Just thought he liked A&M too ala CicerCrown25. I may be getting him mixed up with someone else.

Thinking......

Wasn't Rumps. Some tard though said they were an Ag fan here. Jetlagged after 34 hours of travelling to Thailand and can't think...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
dotdotdot
Elwood

Post by dotdotdot »

I went to A&M Corpus, but most of the students there are Longhorn fans :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

War Wagon wrote:How's that again?

Tech wins a nailbiter at home, and they're obviously the "flat out better team".

Dude, you don't know when to stay down.

You're a fucking joke.
Did we watch two completely different games? Yeah, Texas made it a game at the end scoreboard-wise, but Tech was clearly the better overall team, was better throughout the majority of the game, and better when it mattered most.

I can't imagine Mack Brown and Texas came into Lubbock disrespecting a top 10 team. They just weren't as good last night, and that's why they lost.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Wolverine Steve wrote:This is the type of game that makes CFB great. Props to both teams. Texas for never quiting and rallying furiously and Tech for sacking up in money time to get the win.
Yep.

Out. Fucking. Standing.

Watching this game you could just see the momentum shift to Texas in the second half after they were completely shithammered in the first. TT had to have everything go right for them on that final drive, including an interception that 9 times out of 10 isn't dropped, followed by the very next play in which the time likely runs out if Crabtree is tackled. Then, after two mass fan rushes onto the field, TT has to kick off from their 7-yard line for the final play. Great stuff.

Could be a repeat this Saturday; same time, same channel, same stadium.

War Chaos.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

whoever said texas was too high on themselves and didn't take tech seriously is a fucking hypocrite moron. they're the ones guilty of hubris but you're the one saying the only way they actually lose is by tripping on their own dicks. funny. teams don't so much believe their own hype as fans do. sometimes you lose when you play four consecutive games against top ten teams.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The Refs were clearly on Texas' side as well. there were 3 blocks in the back on Shipleys punt return and they picked the flag up and the PI on the other scoring drive was a total joke. Fuck those idiots tried calling a PI on that 2 point conversion when it was obvious to any mother fucker with eyes that the ball was tipped at the line and the pressure to not look like agenda driven Pac 10 refs by fucking up the instant replay was the only thing that kept that fucked up call from happeneing. Tech was playing the 11 Whorens ont he field plus those cocksuckers in the striped shirts
Kill the Refs
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Indy, I've never claimed to be an aTm fan. I'm a Cougar High fan first and a Longhorn fan second. I dig the 'horns 'cus my dad attended UT.

As for the latest rankings, I knew the humans would fuck it up. The USA Today poll must be smoking some serious crack by dropping Texas all the way down to 7 after losing to the #7 team on the road on the last play of the game. Bull shit. Also, Texas is slotted behind Florida in the AP poll and probably will be slotted behind them in the BCS rankings as well. If Penn St and Florida both win out, then Texas is on the outside looking in with their one blemish coming at the wrong time of the season. Tech won't survive, so they aren't even in the conversation.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

SoCalTrjn wrote:The Refs were clearly on Texas' side as well. there were 3 blocks in the back on Shipleys punt return and they picked the flag up and the PI on the other scoring drive was a total joke. Fuck those idiots tried calling a PI on that 2 point conversion when it was obvious to any mother fucker with eyes that the ball was tipped at the line and the pressure to not look like agenda driven Pac 10 refs by fucking up the instant replay was the only thing that kept that fucked up call from happeneing. Tech was playing the 11 Whorens ont he field plus those cocksuckers in the striped shirts
Kill the Refs
You have said some really stupid shit over the years but this takes the cake. On most mornings I am guessing you eat 3 bowls of Stupid, but damn, you must have had 10 this morning. The officiating sucked. It went both ways. How about the holding we had where the DE for TT fell down and our guy landed on top of him to negate a 9 yard gain and a first down on 3rd down? How about on TT's 2nd TD drive on 3rd down where #12 clearly grabbed Aaron Williams by the jersey and pulled him out of the play and they got a 1st down to keep the drive alive? How about the 30 holds on Orakpo and Miller? I guess you missed those.

We lost becuase we didn't execute when we needed to and Tech did. We lost because Jordan Shipley dropped a TD pass. We lost becuase we turned the ball over. We lost becuase we dropped 8 passes. We lost because TT played like a team possessed in the first half. We lost because we didn't manage the clock on our last drive. We lost because our Freshman safties cannot catch. But most of all, we lost because they scored more points than us.

Idiot.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

I wish Earl Thomas would have put his body in a better position on the Crabtree TD. If he puts his body between the catch and the endzone then he has a shot to knock him out of bounds or lay the wood to him. Being behind the play was a killer.