Go Spartans, Beat OSU!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Go Spartans, Beat OSU!

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Anyway...back to the game - hey Buckfans, how is your injury status? Any key Buckeyes out for the game?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:they shot down our trip to Miami.
Full of yourself, aren't you? Not bad for a team ducking a limp Va Tech team as well. Would have hated to see you guys end up in Toronto if you would have had the Hokies on the sched and lost to them as well. Tards.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

True M GO back on point...

if OSU can neutralize Ringer and force Hoyer into the 3 or 4 stupid throws he alwayse seems to come up with every game then advantage OSU...the last couple times OSU went to East Lansing they have had coming out parties for some of the offensive studs (Ted Ginn, etc)...

I think OSU goes opposite what Mark D is thinking and they throw a shitload...my call

OSU 27
MSU 14
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

buckeye_in_sc wrote:True M GO back on point...

if OSU can neutralize Ringer and force Hoyer into the 3 or 4 stupid throws he alwayse seems to come up with every game then advantage OSU...the last couple times OSU went to East Lansing they have had coming out parties for some of the offensive studs (Ted Ginn, etc)...

I think OSU goes opposite what Mark D is thinking and they throw a shitload...my call

OSU 27
MSU 14
Hoyer's been managing games pretty well since the Indiana game (my biggest knock against him still is his lack of natural feel and inability to make athletic plays when the offensive line breaks down). Basically, as long as he's fully protected, he's good. :lol: Obviously the OSU defense presents a whole new set of challenges though. I'll give you that Hoyer's mistakes are an advantage for OSU if you give me that an inexperienced Terrelle Pryor is an advantage for MSU, thus canceling each other out. And as per usual between evenly matched teams, these games typically come down to turnovers and special teams. If that's the case on Saturday, I do like MSU's chances.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:they shot down our trip to Miami.
Full of yourself, aren't you?
Bitter, humorless tard says what?

BTW, Pryor, though inexperienced, is only going to keep getting better. I say tOSU wins a close one. 28-24.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:True M GO back on point...

OSU 27
MSU 14
i think pryor throwing a shitload is only going to benefit msu. if you really want to throw a wrench in the gameplans, look for hoyer to air it out early.

msu 66
osu 10
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

In here for my prediction. Don't be surprised if Ohio State plays Todd Boeckman at any point during the game, although I predict it will only be to give MSU some different looks. Lots of tOSU players running their mouths this week about how they're fed up with the shit playcalling. I think the staff will try to throw the ball on first down a lot more tomorrow and that should open things up for Beanie Wells. Can the defense hold Ringer in check? That will be the big question mark. Losing Lawrence Wilson doesn't help. Still think that the Buckeyes match up well on both lines. They will pull this one out, but barely.

tOSU 23
MSU 20
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

wonder if we can borrow Tedford for tomorrow to call plays...

it works so well for Cal...
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:wonder if we can borrow Tedford for tomorrow to call plays...

it works so well for Cal...

Tedford doesn't call the plays.... you ignoramus.

Rack 88... for being a good character and admitting his mistake amiss the dorks who were so quick to jump in and make fools of themselves. Of course... they never came back to admit their ignorance.

Stand up guy, that 88 is.

Now Go Spartans, Beat OSU!
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

in the end, this is one of those games to evaluate whether dantonio's really getting state to turn the corner. state has always been able to beat good teams on any given saturday, but there's been a 90% chance they'd lose if both teams came in to a high-stakes game where the other team actually had to take them seriously.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

M Club wrote:in the end, this is one of those games to evaluate whether dantonio's really getting state to turn the corner. state has always been able to beat good teams on any given saturday, but there's been a 90% chance they'd lose if both teams came in to a high-stakes game where the other team actually had to take them seriously.
Exactly. They need to prove they're not the Clemson of the midwest.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

A big two weeks coming up for the Spartans and Buckeyes. Both teams should be locked in spite of each having key games next week.

This game tomorrow will come down to old-fashioned Big Ten power football with the two star running backs and winning the battle in the trenches. I would be absolutely stunned if you were to tell me whichever back out of Wells and Ringer, whomever had more yards and carries than other guy that his team wouldn't win. You have to favor the Buckeyes rush defense in this game but losing Lawrence Wilson will be a big factor in the Spartans being able to be successful in the ground game.

You'll never hear me praising the game of Hoyer...he's in the lower half of the conference as far as starting QBs are concerned. He's not the guy that will win a big game but he can lose them with too many ill-fated throws. On the other end, I don't think Pryor is going to be all that impactful with his arm considering he doesn't throw more than 15-20 times a game. In a road game at a loud stadium, Pryor can't force throw and expect to go the whole game without being punished. If he's got to scramble, his best bet is to just tuck and run. In his early career, his feet are right now his best weapon. He's got to keep things simple and avoid "freshman mistakes".

I just have a hard time thinking State won't be the hungrier and more aggressive team and at home should feed off the emotion of the crowd. SpartanFan hasn't had a big game like this in a long time and that place should be hopping tomorrow afternoon. The Buckeyes are traditionally a very business-like team on the road and don't get rattled in hostile (Big Ten) environments. (Rarely) is the moment too big for Tressel and the Buckeyes. Maybe it's me buying into the swell of Spartan love up here but I see them getting their first signature win under Dantonio.

Ohio State 16
Michigan State 21
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah, they really need to get Boeckman is there... :?

Pryor is a smooth operator...can't have a better start in a big road game than 2 scores on two drives. Wells is looking strong as well. State needs an answer soon to get their crowd into the game.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

tOSU 14 MSU 0

Four minutes left in the 1st qtr.

So far both Ringer and Wells have yet to emerge. TP is steady.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Wow...brilliant catch by Hartline.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

An absolute disaster of a first quarter for Sparty...3 scores down, a fumble on a big offensive play and missed opportunity to recover a fumbled punt deep in Buckeye territory. Too early to panic or change anything up but they need to get a break to go there way soon because right now, everything is going in favor of Ohio State.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah...I don't think I need to watch any more of this one.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:Yeah...I don't think I need to watch any more of this one.
Ballgame. Goodnight. Thanks for playing, MSU.

Fucking pathetic.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

State still had a pulse but that fumble recovery flat-lined their hopes in this one.

Have to wonder from a State perspective...does Cousins start next week against the Wolverines or do they stick with Hoyer if he's healthy enough to go?

That being said, #7 returns to the field for MSU...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Congrats to the Buckeyes - clearly the better team. I really don't have much more to say. I just look forward to hopefully a decent bowl game and next season when Hoyer is gone.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

thanks .m2 for the sig.. idiot
BREAKING NEWS: Michigan State misses Earth entirely; crashes into Sun's atmosphere. Pentagon senior official and winner of Hardees' most loyal customer award Mark Mangino predicts Texas Tech will suffer a similar fate as early as next week.
:lol: :lol:
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Wow... just got back from the beach (Bolinas).

What the hell happened here ?
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Congrats to the Buckeyes - clearly the better team. I really don't have much more to say. I just look forward to hopefully a decent bowl game and next season when Hoyer is gone.
I think it's pretty clear that this isn't the same old MSU - up and down. Are they at the level of an OSU? No...but that's a tall order. They are an improved team under MD.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

.m2 wrote:What the hell happened here ?

Cal's strength of schedule took wiffle bat to the nuts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

PSUFAN wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Congrats to the Buckeyes - clearly the better team. I really don't have much more to say. I just look forward to hopefully a decent bowl game and next season when Hoyer is gone.
I think it's pretty clear that this isn't the same old MSU - up and down. Are they at the level of an OSU? No...but that's a tall order. They are an improved team under MD.
That loss yesterday was pretty painful, but the season is still shaping up to be better than most any MSU fan would've anticipated. They can definitely get to eight regular wins with the their remaining schedule: Michigan, Wisconsin, Purdue, and Penn St. Three of those four are very winnable. Hell, nine wins is attainable at this point and that would absolutely exceed any expectations MSU fan had this year with all the talent that was lost.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

a pretty fun season for msu considering every week is some standard state hurdle dantonio has to overcome. this week he has three: [1] beat michigan, [2] beat michigan in anne arbour, and [3] keep state from the late-season tailspin that is their birthright.

as last year's seniors told the rest of the team when they were up by 10: savor your wins against michigan.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i haven't followed much of auburn, but i guess there are some similarities. actually, auburn is what michigan probably would've been had carr fired debord and gone with something more modern. things probably won't work out too well if a head coach's philosophies are so far removed from his coordinators'.

i don't know why you guys are bitching about tuberville. this experiment obviously didn't work out well, but where were you before him? you've beaten bama 100 years in a row, went undefeated not too long ago, and figure into the sec race nearly every year. ah bad year isn't the worst thing in the world, though i guess it is when it coincides with bama finally remembering how to play football. the funny thing is that he'll get fired, the ncaa will grow a pair and strip usc of their mnc, and tuberville will become a national championship head coach right about the time you've exhausted your patience with whoever replaces the guy who replaced him.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

.m2 wrote:Michigan State has already played the best team they'll see all year... outside of Penn State. the truth
Hey mTool, I think you made this post a few days too early. Like I said, Kal was irrelevant to this discussion. That right there on Saturday was the best team State has faced all year, period.

MSUfan, I would not chalk that up as a "oh no, not again" game. You guys are on the right track with Dantonio, just happened to run into a tOSU team that is hungry right now.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Hope they stay hungry.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

L45B wrote:MSUfan, I would not chalk that up as a "oh no, not again" game. You guys are on the right track with Dantonio, just happened to run into a tOSU team that is hungry right now.
Well, that wasn't a typical MSU loss because it didn't involve choking away a 2 TD lead in the 4th qtr.

I think OSU turned a corner yesterday, and MSU was the unfortunate team to be on the receiving end of it. It was only a matter of time until the offense got things going with all that talent, and Pryor was making things happen with his arm. Obviously the turnovers and the isolated big plays by OSU were huge, but also Wells and co. were getting 4-6 yards on every single carry. That allowed Pryor to make easy plays all day long for first down and plus. If this is the same OSU team that shows up against PSU, that's going to be a HELL of a game.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

OOOOPS!!!!!
WAX JOB in Lansing.
Qbert wrote:Really?

was it OVER when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

brass tacks:-->if OSU's LINE's come to PLAY....that's the Ballgame.

(OSU's Line hasn't 'played' all year)

beat u to it.
.m2 wrote:
L45B wrote:This is no doubt a winnable game for Sparty, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Cal beat MSU back in Week 1.

Sure it does... Michigan State won't be the only "battle" tested team in this game. It's been a long time since MSU has gone OOC and played one of the big boys and it's paying off. They haven't had their normal collapse that they already would have had.

Michigan State has already played the best team they'll see all year... outside of Penn State.

This is why it's not going to end well for the Buckeyes in East Lansing.

the truth
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote:Whoa, dude! Same can be said about most of the coaches UM has gotten rid of. You know the drill - eight or nine wins ain't going to get it. This year - we'll be lucky if we get 7 wins...
eh? michigan hasn't fired a coach in 40 years. true, people were getting impatient with carr, but he wasn't run off so much as he tried retiring after 06 before bo talked him into another year [and promptly died].

the thing with tuberville is: you can't have your cake and eat it too. you can't invest 75% of your posts in "sec sec sec sec is soooooooooo good" and then turn around and complain when auburn doesn't win it every year. from where i live, auburn seems to be in the chase most years to the very end. that's about all you can ask for in the sec.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

.m2 wrote:What the hell happened here ?
Ask Arizona.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Idiot.

Big points for board bitch of the year, though. You might even outdo toejam. Outstanding performance.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

88 wrote:http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/ra ... =2000-2007

In the current decade, Cal is a respectable #24 overall. That puts them solidly into 6th place in the PAC10 decade standings behind USC (#1), Oregon (#11), Oregon State (#16), UCLA (#17) and Washington State (#21).

By the way, Ohio State is #4 in those rankings, and 1st in the BigTen. Sparty is #45.
I'm not exactly sure how they figured those rankings, but I'll go ahead and call bullshit nonetheless, especially as to how ND is ranked.

ND is ranked #5 for the 70's, #6 for the 80's. Now let's go ahead and compare results for those decades, shall we?

1970's: 91-22 record, 2 national championships.
1980's: 76-39-2 record, 1 national championship.

And a slide like that costs them exactly one spot in the rankings? :meds:

Btw, for the way most on this board crack on ND for their play this decade (and deservedly so), ND still ranks #14 for the decade. I could see us getting a #14 overall ranking for this decade -- IF we were to win the national championship next season, that is.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.