A little board history...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

A little board history...

Post by Left Seater »

I have a friend who is lurking and "reading more, posting less" who has asked me a number of questions about what does this mean and where did that come from that I thought it might be good to put some of them down on...electrons. It could be a sort of must read for new posters, but mostly it could become an oral history of this group before some of it is lost forever...

Hungus - Mostly used as a verb, as in "He just Hungused himself." Back in the days of the Jim Rome board there was a poster by the name of Carl Hungus. He was a big Boise State fan and one day made a claim that something was going to happen. I can't remember if it was about BSU winning a game or something about the QB at the time. To back up his claim he said that if it didn't happen he would never post again. It didn't happen and dude was a man of his word. He never posted again, not even a goodbye post. Poof, gone. Gained much respect from the board in his follow thru.

Butt Fucked In the Mouth - This too goes back to the JR board. OUSkull coined this term about the same time he gave us Phonebook. Skull fill in the details.

add away.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Re: A little board history...

Post by WolverineSteve »

One thing that could be tricky is when dudes refer to posters by previous nics.

Schmick=SoCaltrjn
Froz=BtH
PapaWillie=shutyomouth

I'm sure there are more but I can see where a newbie could get confused.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Meatgrinder = SEC

any pre-season top 10 has to have Vandy, Ole Miss and Kentucky in the top

Jonsense = posts from Jon

m2OOOOL = m2

Strawberry Fields = Cal Stadium

those are what I can think of now
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

SECBSH = SEC Ball Sucking Homer
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

would probably need to account for bradhuskers, dry fucks, stealing steaks and corn fed studs. i don't have the energy to give it a go tonight. perhaps someone else is feeling ambitious.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

With MNC...am I right to assume that was short for "mythical national champion"?
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

You would be correct.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

RIP MtCCh

raW
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

running around naked outside leopolds in aa is self explanatory. and fucking mtcch: i was just thinking the other day i should cross-reference him with some of the people who have fallen off. could he have been aggie gal?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Iowa will always have 85 first round picks...

Meds and Killian hopefully will go through another EPOCH battle before ND v USC...
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Mgo = not a Michigan fan
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Iowa will always have 85 first round picks...
Let's all not forget this one....

Buckeye_in_sc has a sick and disgusting obsession of me.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Shhh...I'm trying to pretend that AggieGal never left.

Maybe I can lure her back with some sweet handspring moves. :?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Aggie Gal is gone... accept and move on PSU.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Ok, so the other day I came across this googling my old moniker "jonindsm".....

http://probefaq.org/messageboard/messag ... ge&msg=123

Frisco, PSUFAN......what the fuck???

FriscoProbeFan Posted on 07/19/2006 at 13:20:12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just to update my job. I now test probes out on other people. I usually use a plunger.
FriscoProbeFan Posted on 01/23/2004 at 20:43:58
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I test out anal toys such as "The Analema", Chinese Anal Love Beads (the bigger the beads, the bigger the payday *ouch*) and of course, medical probes (cash cow).
PSUFAN Posted on 01/23/2004 at 20:40:54
I haven't driven since I burned out my Probe engine last year. That's ok, I don't got nowhere to go neither. At least I am Patient as my response is added to the Forum.
WaZhaZhe Posted on 01/23/2004 at 20:25:18
I've totaled my Probe. cry. I was cruising along and hit this bad hole and boom, it was broke in half. Got all kinds of brown dirt all over it.

Just to update my occupation. I am no longer work at the feedlot servicing the cattle, I've moved up. I now work for Iowa U. as the assistant director for intramural football scheduling. Great job.
Marcus Allen Posted on 04/22/2003 at 15:58:34
Some of the members of you're board are insincere.

Sincerely,
Me
PSUFAN Posted on 04/22/2003 at 13:28:58
I have since upgraded my career!

I am a webcam operator for the Intramural Program at the University of Iowa!

The pay is better. There are some embarrassing moments in the men's locker room, but I'm used to those. Let's just say that I don't want to see a cue ball again anytime soon!

I have had to give up my probe. It seems that I never changed the oil on the sucker! No one told me you HAD to do that. I toasted that car, but it was PHAT while it lasted!
Ok, now I gotta wonder.....why in the heck were you guys trolling Ford Probe message boards? I've never even heard of such a thing as a Ford Probe message board. Funny shit, though!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

jon accidently wades into a part of board history. well done. where's that recent post where lefty mentioned some guy at work muttering about a z28 forum or something?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

M Club wrote:jon accidently wades into a part of board history. well done. where's that recent post where lefty mentioned some guy at work muttering about a z28 forum or something?
Thought it was the airport?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I just wanna know which one of you fuckers has the email address of jonindsm@yahoo.com??

Frisco, PSUFAN, Waz.......fess up fockers! I've got 5 bucks and a homeless man's left nut that says it's one of those 3.

Either that or it was me and I completely forgot!!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

here's the thread. and here's the story:
So I am sitting at a computer in SoCal doing flight planning for a trip home and there is someone sitting at the computer next to me. After a few minutes I begin to wonder if he isn't rainman or something because he keeps mumbling to himself "Lambo Doors". This goes on for another 10 minutes or so and when I am done I lean back to see what he is looking at. Turns out he is on a fan site for Chrysler 300's.

So I write down the addy and then strike up a conversation with the guy and ask him about his car. Turns out he doesn't have one, but he wants one and one with "Lambo Doors!" Not being a car guy myself I had to ask what "Lambo Doors" are? That launched us into a 10 minute discussion about cool doors and grills and wheels and rims, etc. Finally he got around to asking me where I was from and when I said Texas he asked me if I knew Tracy? I looked at the guy with a raised eyebrow, but he didn't catch on and was waiting for an answer. So I asked him how many Tracy's he thought there might be in Texas. His answer was he didn't know, but "did I know Tracy?" In order to move the conversation along I told him no, but asked him how he knew Tracy.

Turns out Tracy lives in Houston, has an ATM avatar, and posts "like 15 times a day." Apparently Tracy was this guys idol. So that brought up a few questions of my own on the flight home.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

We've gone way off-topic, so I thought I'd get the CFB board back on track and talking what's really important this time of year....

What is your favorite pizza topping??

http://www.300cforumz.com/showthread.php?t=2886

I prefer peperoni and green peppers.

Oh, and looks like SECballsuckinghomer's been trolling this board....

http://www.300cforumz.com/showthread.php?t=55590
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

:lol:

Rack Lefty again! That trail might not be lost yet...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:Iowa's football history/tradition is on a par with Alabama's.
To the extent that they are both currently irrelevant, yes.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Well done Jon, you tripped and brought up a ton of board history.

Damn it has been too long since Marcus was making no shit posts.

Troll Training

FanHome
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Aggie Gal
Certified Thinker™

Post by Aggie Gal »

Handsprings? I just want more of that PA beer.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

:applause

woohoo!

Hope all is well. I'll petition the PA brewmastahs.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Butt Fuck In The Mouth:

This one comes from a friend of mine. To know this guy is to know redneck. But, he's the best kind of redneck. Honest. Clean. A good dude. He's also the guy that will come and get you when you have a 2am blowout on the side of the road in the snow. However, his redneck does manifest itself in many ways...

One night, three of us "prettier" types were hanging out at said Redneck's (I'll call him "Pete" to protect the guilty...) house, waiting on him to get home. See? Earlier that day, he had been invited to a party at his next door neighbor's house. A house full of girls that look like freaking less-hungry Abercrombie models. (Some of them were also cheerleaders, I found out later... Didn't matter. We left shortly after this story took place, laughing our asses off and ready to get away from people...) Anyway, since the invite was Pete's, and we were just his guests, we didn't want to go unannounced. So, we sat there waiting on him to get back from the gun and tackle show that was up in OKC that evening. Guns. Fishing shit. Free beer and free BBQ. Pete wasn't missing that shit. That's a WWF live event, and a NASCAR race from being the greatest day of his life.

But, since we're hanging out on the porch, we get invited over pretty shortly anyway.

Well, over there, it's kinda awkward. Not because we're socially awkward, mind you, but because it's just nothing like our parties. We felt like a bunch of Mullet-teers at a wine-and-cheese tasting. We didn't know anybody, and everybody that we talked to seemed kinda slow.

It was a prissy, preppy, "nice" person's party.

Then Pete rolled up into the yard in his International Scout.

He walked in, and it was the thing that funny reality shows were made from, oh, so long ago. He gave the hostess a great big hug, and she just laughed. Then he started making his drunk-assed way across the room of aspiring male models and hotties. Then, he spotted us.

Top of his lungs...

"There's them's son-bitches I came here to drink with." (Yes, grammar was waving by from the back car of the train...)

We kinda look around, grinning. He then heads over to us. Probably not to see us, but because we were standing by the keg. Sadly, we weren't the only ones standing by the keg. There was a kid, had to be about 20. Couldn't have been more than 5'8"ish, 150 pounds... a "nice" dude. Pete was about 6'1", 250ish pounds, with a larger beer belly than anybody else I know, and a big, bushy-assed red beard. Pete walked over with his trucker mug (one of those 64 oz joints...) and addressed the aforementioned kid, who happened to be filling up his own beer at the time.

"Boy, get out the way before I butt-fuck you in the mouth!"

Needless to say, the 3 of us that KNEW him were stunned at it's drunken brilliance. However, we were also saddened by the affect it could have been having on the kid, who had since dropped his cup and made his way to the front of the house in the time it took us to pick up our jaws.

Since that day, it's become our go-to threat. It's nice. The kid left the party. I don't know if he told anybody or not, but to this day, it's the second funniest thing I've ever seen that involved alcohol.

Phonebooks...

This one happened during OU's National Championship run of 2000. It was the first Kansas State game. I was watching it in the office of a Norman-local apartment complex. A friend of mine ran the place, and he threw "resident watch parties," when he wasn't at the games. It was basically a free way for all of us to party and watch the game together. That never sucks. Anyway, it was during that game that I had put down way, way more Natural Light than anybody ever should, shortly after Quentin Griffin made his little tripod scamper to put us up for good, that things got ugly.

One of the guys there was a deadly combination of pledge, crazy, drunken, and overly-willing-to-please-for-people-to-like-him. He was also a big WWF fan.

He and I had been doing some drunken, guy wrestling (does that sound gay?) from time to time, but mostly just sat and talked, and stared at the moonlight... together. Okay, I made that up. Anyway...

After Quentin broke off that tripod run, I started running around the offices like a madman, and I spotted a stack of OKC phonebooks that were for the residents. I just picked one up, and started running around with it. It was around that time that this guy, (I'll call him "Dan" to protect the guilty...) ran in front of me, and bent his head down. Since earlier that day, we'd been drinking and he was letting me hit him in the head with a folding chair to knock him into the pool, I figured he also wanted me to hit him with the phonebook.

I knocked that boy out cold. His eyes rolled back into his head.

He was fine, eventually, although it took some ice water, an ice pack, and some more beer to fix it.

Anyway, after I first told that story on here, "To Phonebook" became another standard threat.

Those are the stories... It's good to read this thread. I miss "The State of the Board Address."

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Anyway, it was during that game that I had put down way, way more Natural Light than anybody ever should,
Did "Don" happen to be Larry Eustachy???
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

It was "Dan," not "Don," and are we talking about the same Larry Eustachy that was 2-3 against Iowa while at ISU?

You're supposed to make fun of the good ones, or the really, really dumb ones. Let mediocre dogs lie, man. (And, for the record, Natural Light was a better career choice for him than coaching. Do you have any idea how much they'd have paid him to do a commercial?)

the_ouskull
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Larry is the last good coach ISU has had. Big-12 title 2 years in a row. Did a heck of a job at ISU. He seems to be pretty excited about his USM team this coming year too. Thinks they can win 20 games. I still hate that SOB......dude hated Iowa! Fuck him!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

jon,

Thanks for bringing up so many memories.

Such as...

What's your favorite uniform?

Let's not forget jtindall

And since skull blessed us by showing up. Can't forget Amanda.

And 88's nightmare

Cicercrown25

But hey, can't forget all the jon memories

the girlfriend :cry:

and our favorite

but i can kick myself in the groin too. neighbor kid used to call me uncle rico so i amused him with a wytch.

ImageImage

Rack this thready by the way. some good memories.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I never realized how hard Ryan Hansen's nipples were in that photo.

And who the heck is Amanda?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

TheJON wrote:And who the heck is Amanda?
I don't really know. Skull's ex I believe. I have a feeling his description of her may vary slightly from mine.

Oh yeah...and we can't forget "Aggie Gal".

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Yes, Amanda is the ex a few times removed. No reremembering necessary. :D

This thread is killin' me, by the way.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

King Crimson wrote:would probably need to account for bradhuskers, dry fucks, stealing steaks and corn fed studs. i don't have the energy to give it a go tonight. perhaps someone else is feeling ambitious.
Ah man I miss Brad and his corn fed studs dryfucking the sec and everyone else the Huskers played....hilarious....been a bunch of trolls trying to be Brad but never the same.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Brad is definitely king of CFB-Trolls. Props
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

it would be epoch to have a mtcch and brad v TRIX, m2OOOL, toejam death match...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:it would be epoch to have a mtcch and brad v TRIX, m2OOOL, toejam death match...
I believe there would be a tap-out quicker than TRIX bitched out after Floriduh's NC win.