Beanie Wells hurt

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Beanie Wells hurt

Post by PSUFAN »

You hate to see that. I hope it's not serious.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Beanie Wells hurt

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Eek. Fortunately OSU has another gimme before the USC game.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Apparently UGA's stud RB also left the game from injury.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

beanie's back with a walking boot.. better than crutches..;)

oh and this big ten network is fucking horrible! funky sounds and bumps of the microphone, then there are the the commercial cuts while the announcers are talking.. christ! just awful
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Damn. Thought before the game: "If we can get through this without serious injury."

Beanie's x-rays were negative. MRI to follow. We'll know more tomorrow.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Additional info...
Ohio State football: X-rays negative on Wells' foot
by Doug Lesmerises
Saturday August 30, 2008, 4:33 PM
Ohio State 43, Youngstown State 0

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said X-rays on the right foot on Heisman Trophy candidate Beanie Wells were negative today, though the coach does not know if his top running back will be available against Ohio University next week.

Wells finished with 111 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries, but fumbled on his final play inside the 5-yard line when he took a handoff, planted his right foot and collapsed to the ground without securing the ball.

After being carted off the field in the third quarter, he returned with a protective boot on his right foot and sat on the bench with teammates. He walked off the field under his own power limping severely in the boot, after OSU's shutout victory.

Teammate Ryan Pretorius said Wells told him the injury was to his right big toe, and an OSU source confirmed the injury was to the front of Wells' foot. Wells battled ankle problems early last season, but that was in his left ankle.

"I may have rolled it or planted wrong a play or two before," Wells said through Ohio State spokeswoman Shelly Poe. "Something just didn't feel right. Then I think I felt a pop. But the X-rays are OK, so we'll see how it feels in a day or two."

Wells left to meet with team doctors immediately after the game and was not available for postgame interviews.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I wouldn't be shocked if he sits out or plays very few snaps next week and they save him for USC in two weeks. There's no reason to get him hurt against Ohio U with a monster game on national TV coming up.
Jobocky
Elwood

Post by Jobocky »

Are you kidding me about OU? No way he plays that game. Let's just hope he's 75% vs. USC. This is a major blow. His ass shouldn't have been in the game at that point anyway .. no need to discuss that because what happened, happened, and it could have happended in the 1st Qtr as well. The backups didn't give me much confidence, nor the o-line for that matter. It's just a sucky situation that we're going to have to deal with him injured all year again. The way he waved on the training staff freaked me out. I have to think this is pretty bad.
"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."
Woody Hayes / Ohio State
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

He was in the first series of the 3rd quarter. Logical to play him at the beginning of the 2nd half and then sit him down. The offense played fine, given the exchange of 1st and 2nd teams. Tres spread playing time around and Pryor looked very good.

Interesting to see team assert themselves after Beanie's injury. Infact, Buckeyes looked damn good for a team known for its slow start. Tomorrow we'll get the real story on Beanie. Agree, no doubt he should sit out next week.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I have no issue with Herron, Saine, and Mo Wells...they will be fine...the OL still has to block for any of the backs...

TP will play a bigger role in the USC game...tressel said earlier in the week that he would follow a script of playing...it went exactly to script...what if he gets hurt on 1st play???
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

Jobocky wrote:Are you kidding me about OU? No way he plays that game. Let's just hope he's 75% vs. USC. This is a major blow. His ass shouldn't have been in the game at that point anyway .. no need to discuss that because what happened, happened, and it could have happended in the 1st Qtr as well. The backups didn't give me much confidence, nor the o-line for that matter. It's just a sucky situation that we're going to have to deal with him injured all year again. The way he waved on the training staff freaked me out. I have to think this is pretty bad.
save the "he shouldn"t have been in the game shit", he's a freakin' football player, they play football.......

Did you watch the game? he'll be 100% for the Wisconsin game :D
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »