Goober McTuber bathroom wank-off material

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Goober McTuber bathroom wank-off material

Post by poptart »

Well actually pretty good browsing material for any pro football fan.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Ar ... kings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David Carr is the all-time 'face of the franchise' for the Tejans??

hahahahaha

Rumps can feel free to 'weigh in' (no pun intended) on that if he wants to.
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Re: Goober McTuber bathroom wank-off material

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

Good stuff Pops.

I just watched the Miracle in the Music City game on the NFL Network replay.

Goose bumps.

Next up, the '67 Ice Bowl.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Good take on the Lions:
The Lions in modern times are known only for futility. After all, among all the teams that have been in the NFL every year since the creation of the Super Bowl, they’re one of just three franchises that have failed to reach the big game (the others are the once-proud Browns and the always embarrassing Cardinals, No. 32 with a bullet on your franchise rankings list).

The fact that the Lions have won a truly Cardinals-esque one (1) playoff game since the 1957 championship game speaks to the modern futility of the organization, annually one of the league laughingstocks.

But a bevy of great past players, not to mention a claim to “team-of-the-decade” status in the 1950s (three championships), keeps the Lions out of the sad-sack basement of defeat and humiliation inhabited by the basement-dwelling shut-ins of the NFL like Arizona, New Orleans ... and, well, you.
That sums it up perfectly. Since they were a very good team in the 50s, you can't lump them in with the worst of the worst all-time but they definitely aren't anywhere near the teams that have won or at least been to a Super Bowl in the modern era. They've been exceptionally mediocre. On the fluke chance that they make a Super Bowl...they should probably vault ahead of Carolina, Jacksonville and maybe even San Diego given their past successes. The thing probably keeping them out of the top 15 or 20 is not playing in the big game. Not many franchises have 4 championships in their history.

The Bills are ranked a little too low for winning two AFL crowns and being in 4 Super Bowls. They oughta be up with the Vikings/Eagles/Chiefs at least.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Unfortunately, its true that David Carr is the face of the franchise for the Texans. One could argue it should be 'Dre Johnson, but he is a quiet player who just goes about his business.

Carr, on the other hand, was the good looking golden boy who was protected from scrutiny his first 3 seasons as QB. There were a different set of rules for him and that led to a part of his demise. Oh, and don't get me started on the infamous and highly publisized haircut when the team won back-to-back for the first time in franchise history.

It's gonna take another two years before we can remove his face from the franchise.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Just had time to scan down to the Bucs. They have Simeon Rice on the list of notable Bucs, but D. Brooks is no where to be found? I'm sure several other teams may find notable omissions as well. Even with the one championship I can only argue their ranking up a few more spots at best.
Go Bucs, Gators
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

'monkey, is Lee Roy Selmon really the face of the Buc franchise?

This pro football fan sees Warren Sapp as that guy.

I dunno.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Bucmonkey wrote:Just had time to scan down to the Bucs. They have Simeon Rice on the list of notable Bucs, but D. Brooks is no where to be found? I'm sure several other teams may find notable omissions as well. Even with the one championship I can only argue their ranking up a few more spots at best.
Aside from the Carr debacle, as Mario or Demeco will easily wipe the memories of Carr away, the very first thing I noticed was the greatest Buc of all was not on the Bucs' list. Not sure why that stood out to me but it did.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Pops, the modern day face could very well be Sapp, Alstott, Lynch, or Brooks. Selmon still remains the only HoF ever produced, was the USF Athletic Director (Still works there I believe) , and is still involved with a lot of local charities, so he is still thought of highly here locally.

I guess that HoF nomination is what gets him the nod as the face of the franchise. I dont have a problem with that but I could see either Alstott or Brooks in that role also.
Go Bucs, Gators
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

As much as you might like to find a “controversial” pick at the top of our (or anybody else’s) all-time franchise rankings, there simply is no way to justify selecting any other organization other than the Packers.

In fact, we could have put a “controversial” team in the No. 1 spot just to get a rise out of people and stir up a hornet’s nest of head-scratching hype. But then we’d be no better than the hairy-palmed hacks at ESPN and would not be a doing a service to you, our readers.

Nice.