For once in their miserable lives, missouri tard...

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

For once in their miserable lives, missouri tard...

Post by smackaholic »

....gets over.

Dread Zeppelin playing in KC and StL.

If you don't know who they are, they are a LZ cover band that plays in a reggae style with an Elvis impersonator lead singer. Yeah, it sounds horrible, but these talented fukkers make it work!

If you don't go see them, you sukk. Actually, being from misery, you already sukk, but, go see them anyway.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Re: For once in their miserable lives, missouri tard...

Post by bbqjones »

saw them a couple of times in the early 90's . i didnt know that act would last this long.

entertaining, but i wouldnt buy any of their cds.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

No need to buy CDs when you can watch most of their stuff on youtube.

Looks like they are pretty much done with touring. The KC and StL dates are the only ones listed for the whole fukking year.

Have you checked out any of those vids? My favorite is heartbreaker. They seemlessly combine heartbreaker and heartbreak hotel. It is brilliant.

Can't really call these guys a cover band. They are more fukking original than Led Zeppelin was!
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I missed a chance to see DZ years ago in Syracuse. Still kicking myself over it. Yea, they've reduced themselves to playing a few shows a year and then marketing the video of the show through their website. You would think if they were going to do only a few shows a year that they would play Memphis or Jamaica or some other cool locale, not KC.

But hey, it gives me hope that maybe they'll make it back to WNY someday. If it's in driving distance, I'm there.

The Song Remains Insane

http://isohunt.com/download/30022573/dr ... in.torrent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

i really like the reggae band that covers radiohead's ok computer. heard "let down" in a bar in goshen, indiana (biggest little shithole in the midwest) and wondered why it sounded that way. great shit.

http://www.hyfntrak.com/radiodread/fromafriend/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

smackaholic wrote:....gets over.

Dread Zeppelin playing in KC and StL.

If you don't know who they are, they are a LZ cover band that plays in a reggae style with an Elvis impersonator lead singer. Yeah, it sounds horrible, but these talented fukkers make it work!

If you don't go see them, you sukk. Actually, being from misery, you already sukk, but, go see them anyway.
Being from MISSOURI automatically makes me superior to you in every way possible. Don't you EVER forget it, bitch. :hfal:

P.S.- That's about the GAYEST idea for a rock band I've ever heard. Seriously.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:P.S.- That's about the GAYEST idea for a rock band I've ever heard. Seriously.
WTF would you know about rock music? Sorry, but if the conversation doesn't involve Kansas, Molly Hatchet or Lynyrd Skynyrd you just might want to take a pass.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

bbqjones wrote:saw them a couple of times in the early 90's . i didnt know that act would last this long.

entertaining, but i wouldnt buy any of their cds.
about where i'm at. it's one time gimmick.

that said, Missouri tard rampooed up the effort to host the Big Star reunion in the mid 90's.

i'm calling that pretty much worth my respek.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

As far as see-one-time, gimmick bands go...

Check out Superdiamond sometime.

Neil Diamond tribute band... not nearly as dorky as it sounds.

And I'll let you inept fuckers in on a little secret... take a chick, and learn at least the lyrics to the chorus of the more popular Nealio tunes, and you WILL get laid.

You're welcome.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Is this really what the Dinsdale "smoooove game" has been reduced to? Hitting up Neil Diamond cover shows and memorizing the lyrics?

Say it ain't so.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:P.S.- That's about the GAYEST idea for a rock band I've ever heard. Seriously.
WTF would you know about rock music? Sorry, but if the conversation doesn't involve Kansas, Molly Hatchet or Lynyrd Skynyrd you just might want to take a pass.
Kansas was "OK", and I could give a shit less about Hatchet or Skynyrd.

Now if you wanna discuss GOOD rock bands like Chevelle, Sevendust, Saving Abel, Saliva, or Theory Of A Deadman then I'm game. But some faggot in Elvis gear singing Zeppelin crap doesn't fly with me. Sorry.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Is this really what the Dinsdale "smoooove game" has been reduced to? Hitting up Neil Diamond cover shows and memorizing the lyrics?

Say it ain't so.

What I will say: You are obviously in no position to comment on my, or anyone else's smoooooove game.

Why yes MGO, if one truly has the smooooove game, they do things that chicks like to do.

To truly boast of smoooove game, one has to be a chameleon. Like take today for example, when my smooooove game will consist of helping a chick move, then getting a righteous hummer before breaking in the new bedroom.

Dude, you only WISH you could be so smoooove as to make an ass out of yourself at a Neil Diamond tribute show, or lump heavy items across town into the hood in exchange for sexual favors, and...

This isn't going well for me, is it?

Oh well. At least I see my dick in a female's mouth more hours in a month than Paul sees his while peeing... so I've go that going for me.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

My tactic is simply existing.
At least I see my dick in a female's mouth more hours in a month than Paul sees his while peeing... so I've go that going for me.
S'all that matters, friend.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

RevLimiter wrote:That's about the GAYEST idea for a rock band I've ever heard. Seriously.
Which only means you've never heard of this band.
Dinsdale wrote:At least I see my dick in a female's mouth more hours in a month than Paul sees his while peeing... so I've go that going for me.
Way to set the bar high there, superstar. Rosie O'Donnell can say the same thing.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dinsdale wrote:Like take today for example, when my smooooove game will consist of helping a chick move, then getting a righteous hummer before breaking in the new bedroom.

Swimmingly-btw.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Like take today for example, when my smooooove game will consist of helping a chick move, then getting a righteous hummer before breaking in the new bedroom.

Swimmingly
Breast stroke? Dog paddle? Irie relay?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

RevLimiter wrote:Chevelle, Sevendust, Saving Abel, Saliva, or Theory Of A Deadman
Dear...god, you're a fecking tool.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:Chevelle, Sevendust, Saving Abel, Saliva, or Theory Of A Deadman
Can't say I've heard of a single one of those groups. I'm assuming they can be found at the second stage at Ozzfest?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That sounds about right. It's typical nu metal bullshit that radio is forcing down the throats of the uninspired. Nothing to see here. I'd rather listen to a full length album of garbage cans falling down stairs.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Why, because you're a musical elitist FUCK?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

RevLimiter wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:
Last I checked, the word elite meant the very best. By your answer, and the pejorative you attach to the word elite, you are either demonstrating absolutely no knowledge of the definition of the word elite OR you are admitting that the music you like just doesn't measure up.

To put it simply, you just kicked your own ass and you're too fucking stupid to even know it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:Last I checked, the word elite meant the very best. By your answer, and the pejorative you attach to the word elite, you are either demonstrating absolutely no knowledge of the definition of the word elite OR you are admitting that the music you like just doesn't measure up.

To put it simply, you just kicked your own ass and you're too fucking stupid to even know it.
Allow me to put this in terms that even YOU can understand, Shit-For-Brains....I don't give a FUCK if Magoo or you agree with my opinions and likes in music or not. Was that simple enough for you douschebags?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I would have guessed your musical tastes to lean more towards jingles.

“Have it your way, have it your way”.

“We do chicken right”.

“ba da ba ba baa... I'm lovin' it”.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

You're an idiot, Goobs. Kill yourself.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Sorry I'm late to the IKYABWAI seminar. Sphincter cramp.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:
BSmack wrote:Last I checked, the word elite meant the very best. By your answer, and the pejorative you attach to the word elite, you are either demonstrating absolutely no knowledge of the definition of the word elite OR you are admitting that the music you like just doesn't measure up.

Allow me to put this in terms that even YOU can understand, Shit-For-Brains....I don't give a FUCK if Magoo or you agree with my opinions and likes in music or not. Was that simple enough for you douschebags?
Nice use of the "I'm rubber, you're glue" gambit. You keep up like this and you might pass 3rd grade this year.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Paula, have you even bothered to watch any DZ clips?

I agree, it sounds like the worst idea evah, but, these fukkers make it work. Just ask Robert Plant. He lists them as one of his favorite bands. Do a youtube search of heartbreaker by dread zeppelin. It is pure fukking genius.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

314 always gets over

considering led zeppelin stole 95% of their music from black blues groups, you would think someone would diverse their music

did led zeppelin actually write any of their music????? their biggest hits are complete thefts from blues bands. they were sued, and lost, but begrudgingly they put the Blues bands as also writers.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

so what if zep borrowed shit. they did it better than most. goddamn if I wouldn't rock out to "soul of a woman was created below" right fucking now if I weren't already listening to epic Who.

You are correct that 314 is always getting over. I have no idea why the tired bitch started this thread seeing as Bodeistan resides in the eastern part of Missouri.
why is my neighborhood on fire
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Adelpiero wrote:314 always gets over

considering led zeppelin stole 95% of their music from black blues groups, you would think someone would diverse their music

did led zeppelin actually write any of their music????? their biggest hits are complete thefts from blues bands. they were sued, and lost, but begrudgingly they put the Blues bands as also writers.
Yea, because "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zep and "You Need Love" by Wilie Dixon are the exact same fucking song. :meds:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote:so what if zep borrowed shit. they did it better than most. goddamn if I wouldn't rock out to "soul of a woman was created below" right fucking now if I weren't already listening to epic Who.
I dig LZ and they will always be my fav band by a long stretch, but as time goes bye I've gained an even greater appreciation for The Who. They've closed what was once an immeasurable gap.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You're ALL forgiven.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

^^^^^^^^^^^^
A quick post. While we were away.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

BSmack wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^
A quick post. While we were away.
Bore us the Smacker.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

PSUFAN wrote:You're ALL forgiven.
For what?

Anyways, other than Led Zep I, II, III, IV, Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffitti, the best album evar made has to be Who's Next.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:You're ALL forgiven.
For what?
In your case, for missing an obvious Who reference. Get help in the form of "A Quick One" right away.
[Anyways, other than Led Zep I, II, III, IV, Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffitti, the best album evar made has to be Who's Next.
When I was a kid, I mistakenly thought for a time that Who's Next was a greatest hits album. It was and is that good.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote: In your case, for missing an obvious Who reference.
Baba O'reilly?

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right... I don't need to be FORGIVEN.

um, ok.
When I was a kid, I mistakenly thought for a time that Who's Next was a greatest hits album. It was and is that good.
No doubt. That was one of the first albums I ever bought, and I wore that sucker out. Many people still think that the name of the above mentioned song was/is Teen-age Wasteland.
Last edited by War Wagon on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

War Wagon wrote:Anyways, other than Led Zep I, II, III, IV, Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffitti, the best album evar made...
Oh, OK. Douche. :meds: :meds: :meds:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

^^^ Like this dumbshit.