Jared Allen? WTF?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Jared Allen? WTF?

Post by Truman »

Amazing.

Figgered ol' Paul woulda hung this one like one of Goober's chins. Sumbitch must be pulling a double over at Claycomo. Rack him. That oughta be one Goober-sized paycheck come next Friday….

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs are in discussions with several teams about trading defensive end Jared Allen, who led the NFL in sacks last season.
Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson issued a statement Thursday confirming the team has discussed Allen with a few teams interested in acquiring the Chiefs' designated franchise player.

The Chiefs and Allen have been unable to work out a contract for almost a year.
Allen, a 2008 Pro Bowl starter, had 15 1/2 sacks last season despite being suspended the first two games because of multiple DUI convictions.

Itallics added: So do two convictions make a multiple? No slack cut here, but Allen paid his penance, served his suspension and it ain't like he went Leonard Little on anybody…

Though the franchise tag allows Allen to talk with other teams, any club attempting to sign him would have to compensate the Chiefs with two first-round draft picks.

I understand Peterskin's "logic" working here…

I just happen to hate Peterskin's "logic" working here.

This team is a train wreck. I see little chance of improving on last's year's 4-12 record-wise this season. Trading your town's best- and most popular defensive player who also happens to be right-pissed at the team's "general managership" for a couple of number one draft choices makes perfect sense….

Er, that is, unless you happen to be in a position where you hafta take one of those number ones in the crapshoot known as the draft to freaking replace the Pro-Bowl player you just traded.

Brain Scientists. :meds:

Peterskin went all blind squirrel in the fourth round when he drafted Allen in the first place. Since lightning only strikes twice in the U&L, you'll pardon me if I suffer a lack of confidence in the Chiefs President, CEO, and General Manager to evaluate his replacement.

This really ain't all this hard.

Jared Allen loves KCFan and hates Curled Peterskin.
KCFan loves Jared Allen and hates Curled Peterskin.

I'd recommend trading Peterskin to another team, but I can't imagine the Chiefs giving up multiple draft picks just to get rid of his junky ass....
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Jared Allen? WTF?

Post by War Wagon »

Jared Allen isn't going anywhere.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Sez you.

Short of swapping double-wides, a frosty double-tall at the K this summer sez diff'ernt.

Serious bidness, Wags: One of them 24 oz. beers is gonna set you back at least $7.50. Study on it and lemme know....
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jeez, Truman, I notice my name keeps popping up in a number of your posts. If I wanted to get all Kansas Cityesque I suppose I could make some kind of "in your dome" reference. BTW, I'm not sure how much sense it makes calling other people fat when you've recently thrown up a thread about "running" where you confessed to bragged about running 10-minute mile splits. :lol:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

A player like J. Allen is usually rightfully considered untradeable.
Now for a team rebuilding itself, two first round draft picks can be a big boost.
However, the odds on having even ONE of the two picks end up being a player of the same value as Allen is are not good.
So I think KC is swimming upstream if they deal him.

And btw, count me among those of the opinion that the Chefs are shaping up to be one HELL of a bad team in '08.

Dungver is on track to lick sweaty nard too, IMO.
Norv will slide SD down 3 more games to 8-8.
Oakland will rise by a couple/few games to 6-10, 7-9.

That's what I see at the moment.

All-in-all, a pretty worthless West.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

FAT FUCKIN' RETARD wrote:Jeez, Truman, I notice my name keeps popping up in a number of your posts. If I wanted to get all Kansas Cityesque I suppose I could make some kind of "in your dome" reference. BTW, I'm not sure how much sense it makes calling other people fat when you've recently thrown up a thread about "running" where you confessed to bragged about running 10-minute mile splits. :lol:
Don't flatter yourself, Goo:

Kansas City wouldn't have your cowardly, thread-bailing pussy. 'Least Paul has the cubes to weather a beating...

BTW, Fat Ass, care to comment on the topic at hand, or shall we solicit Otis to remove your smackluster, whiny-ass post to Trots?

Now ain't this fun, Goo?

'Nother 600-or-so posts and maybe you'll understand just how Rumps and Paul might feel....
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Not whining, just pointing out a fact. I look forward to you dedicating so much time to me.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Not exactly the best way to go about making the football team better IMO, especially when they're looking at TRYING to fill the seats in a year or two when the Arrowhead Stadium renovations are done and they drop PSLs and higher parking prices on us. But then again, what the hell does King Carl care....he'll be gonzo when his contract expires in two years anyway. :meds:

Oh, and Goobs...contribute in a positive manner to this discussion or go fuck yourself.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

OK, I agree with everyone else in this thread that the Queefs will suck this year. And I can’t see anyone giving up two number ones for Jarhead Allen.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

You sure, Goobs?
I think what Allen brings is near gold in today's version of pro pigskin.

If KC wants to move him, it'll be done.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Goober McTuber wrote:OK, I agree with everyone else in this thread that the Queefs will suck this year. And I can’t see anyone giving up two number ones for Jarhead Allen.
The fact that the Chiefs are going to suck this year is a given. As far as a team giving two #1s for JA, I can easily see it. Especially a team with a shit secondary that's sorely lacking from a legit pass rush. But IF Carl move JA it'll most likely be a #1 and a couple of middle round picks.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

But two number ones? For a guy with possible character issues? Seems like a lot to me.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote:A player like J. Allen is usually rightfully considered untradeable.
Exactly, and that's why a team boldly slaps the Franchise tag on him and that should be the end of the discussion.

I have no idea why KC would even consider trading this monster other than Carl's penchant for loving to draw attention to himself by any means possible.

Tell you what, I've been mostly patient with Peterson over the years, always prefering to give the benefit of the doubt. But this would be the last straw. If they trade Allen, I'll personally lead the lynching party out to One Arrowhead Drive. I'll provide the tar, Paul the feathers, and Truman the rail.

The only thing that could be worse in my eyes is if Matt Ryan were to somehow drop to the 5th slot in the draft, and horror of horrors, KC passed or traded down and let him go to Baltimore.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

This is a lot of posturing IMO. It's all carl's bullshit way of trying to break Allen down on negotiations for a long term deal

If another teams willing to drop two first round picks, then they can sign him - note the Chiefs have the right to match.
Otherwise he get's the one year deal at the Avg. of the 5 highest paid - which is about 99% chance of what happens.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

"Norv will slide SD down 3 more games to 8-8." in your dreams.

..uh, weakass schedule say's different.

JA would be a great fit opposite Merriman.....there may be an interesting metaphor here somewhere...JA...AJ

bwaa..maybe Smiff can pull it off

The latest...

Jared Allen's days with the Chiefs appear to be numbered.

Allen, the NFL's reigning sack leader, told FOXSports.com that the Vikings and Buccaneers have held trade talks with the Chiefs and he anticipates a deal will get done prior to next week's draft.

"It's a situation that works out best for both sides," Allen told FOXSports.com. "I can go to a team that is competing for a championship right now. The Chiefs can get valuable draft picks to rebuild with."

Allen said he is flying to Minnesota and has a visit set up with the Vikings by this weekend. He is tentatively scheduled to meet with Tampa Bay next week. The Jacksonville Jaguars had previously inquired with Allen's camp as well.

The Pro Bowl defensive end is the Chiefs' franchise player, but re-signing in Kansas City will be a problem as the team is looking to stockpile draft picks. sorry Wags

Allen said the two sticking points are working out terms of a deal with a new team and the Chiefs agreeing to compensation for a trade. A package of first- and second-round picks or one of first- and third-round picks in the upcoming draft have been discussed as possible terms. It's unclear at this point what it will take to get the deal done.

Allen, a four-year veteran, led the league in sacks in 2007 with 15.5 and has 13 forced fumbles in the past three seasons.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

KC Scott wrote:This is a lot of posturing IMO. It's all carl's bullshit way of trying to break Allen down on negotiations for a long term deal

If another teams willing to drop two first round picks, then they can sign him - note the Chiefs have the right to match.
Otherwise he get's the one year deal at the Avg. of the 5 highest paid - which is about 99% chance of what happens.
NO team will pony up two 1st rounders for JA. Period. End of discussion.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Just saw it on ESPN - Jared Allen to the Vikes

Fucking a - we are now worse than Oakland
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Fuck me...

:brad:
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

rebuild.

5th and 17th in the 1st rd.

just wait for the Contract SQWAKS!!!!!!

if Carl wants to rebuild?---->then make sure your drafted talent gets under Contract.

when that doesn't happen Scott--->THEN u be worse than the RAIDUHZzzzzzzzzzzz...........
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Maybe it was a misprint.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Freudian slip or something?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3362701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

espn.com currently shows shows the 2007 sack leader for KC as being Jake Long?

2007 Jake Long, KC 15.5 ?
2006 Shawne Merriman, SD 17 12.5
2005 Derrick Burgess, OAK 16 11
2004 Dwight Freeney, IND 16 11
2003 Michael Strahan, NYG 18.5 4
2002 Jason Taylor, MIA 18.5 13
2001 Michael Strahan, NYG 22.5 11
2000 La'Roi Glover, NO 17 8
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

Fuck me... ~ Wags

Suck it and tuck it Queef fan. :mrgreen:
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

if Jake Long gets past the RAIDUHZzzzzzzzzzz at #4; providing he's still available??????

more SHAME on Alcula.

...errrr.....EDIT!!!! if CHRIS Long gets past the RAIDUHZZzzzzzzzzzzzz at #4......

sorry, too many SHE~he's at Women's Night at the Golf Store.....feeling some penis~envy.

damn you goobs---->providing 1st GLANCEfalse FALSE info.....

my bAd
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

KC Scott wrote:Just saw it on ESPN - Jared Allen to the Vikes

Fucking a - we are now worse than Oakland
War Wagon wrote:Fuck me...

:brad:
The Kansas City Chiefs are now the WORST team in the National Football League.

THAT just happened.... :doh: :oops: :(
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

A couple of quick thoughts that come immediately to mind ...

1. Minnesota is a pretty interesting team. They are, up front on both sides of the ball, as strong as anybody in the league, and last I checked, that is still where it needs to happen for a team to win in pro ball. Throw in A. Peterson, and if they can get some decent QBing, they will be a team to reckon with in the NFC.

2. As troubling as it is for KC to lose Allen this way, perhaps even more troubling is the big picture issue. That being, the 'we're building now through the draft' situation may be buying Carl and Herm a couple/few more years in town. Can't shit-can one or both of 'em when they haven't had time to make it work with the young guys, can we?

bwaaa hahaha
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

RevLimiter wrote:The Kansas City Chiefs are now the WORST team in the National Football League.
Don't forget about us-we have the potential to be exceptionally shitty this year

this is going to be a long year
get out, get out while there's still time
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

I also forgot to add my congratulations to BoltFan and the San Diego Chargers for winning the AFC West in 2008 in advance. :brad:
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

KC might not be done dealing. If the Raiders draft Chris Long, then KC is in prime position to collect more picks from suitors who are salivating over McFadden. Chicago will definitely be calling KC's phone when the pick 5 comes up.

Potentially, KC could end up getting two first rounders and two second rounders out of this. If I'm KC fan, I would be content on having one more bad year and then perhaps having a mediocre to decent year in 2010. No shame in that.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

RumpleForeskin wrote: I would be content on having one more bad year and then perhaps having a mediocre to decent year in 2010. No shame in that.

Spoken like a true Texan fan!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

WTFever, HH. Texans will get to the Big Game before the Cowdungs will with that choke of a QB you've got at the helm.

Congrats on another 13-3 season with a divisional exit.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

The Texans aren't getting out of the AFC South, let alone the AFC.

Ease off the crack pipe, Rumps.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Rebuilding sucks, but sometimes that's just the way you have to go about it in the NFL. You have to tear it down first before building it back up. It seems Carl's time here in KC has come full circle over the past 20 years. When he got here, they aquired Derrick Thomas with the 4th pick and eventually built that team into a contender.

Hopefully they get it right this time and finish the job, but Chiefs fans ran out of patience long ago.

This is going to be very painful.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:Nice to get that redneck fuck out of the division and the conference.

The only remaining suspense will be how horribly Hot-Karl and Clar Khunt fuck up with their two first round picks.

3-13...at best.

That division is shaping up to be the AFC East from last year. San Diego will make that division its personal bitch next season.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
mvscal wrote:Nice to get that redneck fuck out of the division and the conference.

The only remaining suspense will be how horribly Hot-Karl and Clar Khunt fuck up with their two first round picks.

3-13...at best.

That division is shaping up to be the AFC East from last year. San Diego will make that division its personal bitch next season.
There's NO reason why the Bolts can't go 8-0 in the division this year. No reason whatsoever.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

RevLimiter wrote:There's NO reason why the Bolts can't go 8-0 in the division this year.

That would be really amazing if they can pull that off considering they only play 6 games.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

I'm sad to see Allen go. I like adding all these draft picks to help rebuild the team. However, they did this trade with the wrong player. They should have done this with LJ before he signed his new contract. Then used the money LJ got to sign Allen long term.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:There's NO reason why the Bolts can't go 8-0 in the division this year.

That would be really amazing if they can pull that off considering they only play 6 games.
Oops, my bad. 6-0. Sue me.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

poptart wrote: if they can get some decent QBing, they will be a team to reckon with in the NFC.
:lol: Never happen with that starting QB
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

DallasFanatic wrote:
poptart wrote: if they can get some decent QBing, they will be a team to reckon with in the NFC.
:lol: Never happen with that starting QB
Exactly....Tavaris Jackson makes Brodie Croyle look like a perrenial Pro Bowler. :lol:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

RumpleForeskin wrote:

:D
get out, get out while there's still time