Clemens was being deceptive

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Re: Clemens was being deceptive

Post by Rack Fu »

Dinsdale wrote:Dude sounded quite credible -- now he sounds like a nutcase.
Possibly a credible nutcase with all the potential evidence to fucking bury Clemens. He may have given them the smoking gun, er, smoking needle.

If the evidence is what they say it is, Clemens is in huge fucking trouble since he just apparently lied under oath. The probability that he could face jail time is extremely high if true. The probability that McNamee is going to jail if false is also extemely high. One of the two is lying.

Of course, Team Clemens is saying that McNamee manufactured the evidence.

A forensic lab should be able to determine the real truth.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Rack Fu wrote: A forensic lab should be able to determine the real truth.

I'll defer to your professional knowledge of such things (which I realize you're not a forensics guy), but if dude's been holding those items for 8 years, I would think the defense lawyers would have another name for this --

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

While I'm not a forensics guy, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night, and the CSI shows bore me to tears, my occasinally-watched-Perry-Mason-ass would think that "physical evidence" would get laughed out of court.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

A forensics lab should be able to determine the following from those syringes:

1. What type of drug was in the syringes.
2. Whose DNA is on the needles.
3. Whether or not they were tampered with (ie. McNamee planting blood or drugs with an otherwise "innocent" syringe). That said, I'm not sure what factor time plays on the science of it all. I'll ask one of our more forensic types tomorrow.

Could he have injected Clemens with B-12, kept the syringe and later planted steroids or HGH in the syringe to try and cover his own ass? Sure, anything is possible. I don't think it's likely.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Dinsdale wrote:See if I've got this right -- McNamee now claims he kept used syringes from 7 years ago? And catalogged them to know whose was whose?

This shit keeps getting more and more weird. Dude sounded quite credible -- now he sounds like a nutcase.
The easy knee-jerk reaction.

This is no different than O.J. If that is Clemens' blood then this is a done deal. Period. And the trial will be Federal, not in a quackhouse posing as a courtroom in California.

Dude was protecting himself just in case. Well, welcome to the just in case. Brilliant move by his lawyers as well by not releasing the info til AFTER Clemens goes under oath. The chances Clemens says very much in front of the committee next week just diminished exorbitantly. It wouldn't surprise me now if Rusty tells him to take the 5th. Just in time for Andy to put the final nail in.

Clemens is toast

McNamee may be a turd, but he's a turd who has no intention of going to jail to protect Clemens' "secret".
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

rozy wrote:different than
Who stole Rozy's password?

If that is Clemens' blood then this is a done deal.

Clemens never denied that Mac injected him with something. He's fully admitted to getting vitamin shots.

Not really a atretch to think that a guy operating beneath the law could conceivably try and mix HGH into a syringe that was used for something else, since Clemens had a lot to lose, and from what I understand a very deece income, which would make him prone to paying off a blackmailer to make bogus accusations go away.

I think he's guilty as sin, and I've thought that since long before any of these current allegations went down. But I'm also a freaking American, and Clemens' right to a fair trial is a million times more important that busting some has-been for juicing.

Alls I'm sayin, is that barring some CSI crap that we don't know about (but Fu is on the case), if that's the only physical evidence linking him to the crime, then I hope no one wastes so much as one taxpayer dollar railroading the guy, guilty as he may be.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Here's what I got from the science geeks.

A lab could determine everything that I said. BUT... time definitely plays a factor on the potential drug evidence in the syringes. There was some scientific mumbo jumbo thrown about that's certainly above my head but I was able to gather that steroids would have a much better likelihood of being detected over this time period than HGH. If McNamee has recently tampered with this stuff, that would also be easily detectable.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Rack Fu wrote:If McNamee has recently tampered with this stuff, that would also be easily detectable.

OK, that answers my biggest question, depending on the parameters of "recently."
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:If McNamee has recently tampered with this stuff, that would also be easily detectable.

OK, that answers my biggest question, depending on the parameters of "recently."
"Recently" would be within the time frame of your last 5,000 posts.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Dinsdale wrote:

If it was way too fresh a sample (ie. not 7 or 8 years old) it would be kind of obvious. Or so I'm led to believe.

McNamee would be in a world of criminal trouble if he not only lied to everyone but also manufactured evidence. I'm just not buying what Team Clemens is selling.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

For me, it comes down to this. McNamee has absolutely no incentive to lie--in fact, he has every incentive to tell the truth. He has lost his family, he lost his job, and he was threatened with jail time unless he came clean, completely clean.

So why would he lie about Clemens? And when Pettite and McNamee are singing the same tune (both about their interactions and those between Clemens and McNamee) why should we believe Clemens.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

If all you are doing is telling the truth....why are his (Clemens) lawyers coaching his answers.

The Nanny thing blew up bad for team Rocket.

Some of the committee are clearly pulling for Roger but his elusive answers usually run out the clock before follow-ups.

Roger is lying.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

A few observations:

The rep from NY who started off her questioning by kissing Roger's abcess riddled ass with his contributions to the Yanks and charities etc.. did a great job of softening him up before showing how Roger lied while on 60 minutes about being contacted by the Mitchell group. He blamed it on his agents for not telling him yet said on 60 minutes that he was contacted.

Then the Nanny issue pops up and though we'll probably never know what truly was said between Roger, his lawyers and the Nanny, Roger's lawyers had him invite her over to his house to talk to Roger? As Steve said, that completely blew up in their faces. Send over an PI for questioning and leave it at that.

To summarize:
Roger's wife took HGH.
Petiitte took HGH.

Yet, Roger not only didn't take HGH but didn't know much of anything about it until we was accused of taking it? OK Roger. Meanwhile Roger's wife complained of circulation issues and he never thought to call a doctor?

Over/Under on when Roger and his wife split?
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Nice stories about wearing the usa across your chest...doesn't pertain to the question, but quite a nice story anyway.

Anyone with any street sense knows when a dude is lying.

Roger is lying.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

My mother is an "expert" on communication and behavior from the University of Houston, so one of the local news stations (CW39-KHCW) interviewed her and asked what to watch for when someone is lying (body language, waffling, etc.).

She gave her professional opinion from a not naming any names standpoint, but sure enough, the reporter asked her who she though was lying between Mcnamee and Clemens.

She quickly responded, "No Comment." :lol:

I told her she could have started a local uproar of reports if she let it all out on her opinion of the whole thing. She didn't want to have anything to do with that part of it. Although, I'm certain they will edit in some footage of both witnesses today while she is talking so it will make her look like she is giving her opinion.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Waxman's opening statement really was all that was even necessary. Noone needed to say one word after that. It was done. Then 4 hours and 40 minutes of yeah, okay, and then that Elijah dude freaking closed the coffin.

But, hey, let me tell you about my upbringing... :lol: :lol:

I don't know the last time I felt this much respect for a player as I do for Andy Pettitte right now.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

POD was Hank Waxman slamming the gavel down to silence Rog when he tried to bully his way in and argue during the Chairman's closing remarks.

I slight bit of pee squirted out of my weiner at that moment.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:I don't know the last time I felt this much respect for a player as I do for Andy Pettitte right now.
Pettitte is a piece of shit who had nothing to lose by "coming clean". The only guys with something to lose are guys with legitimate chances to make the HoF. And Pettitte sure as hell isn't one of those. Respect? The only thing I feel for Pettitte is antipathy. He's a nothing.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:He's a nothing.
8th among active pitchers in winning %

12th among current players in wins

Multiple 20 win seasons

2nd all-time in playoff wins

Only player in over 70 years to have 12 or more wins in each of his first 9 seasons

Multiple All Star Games

ALCS MVP

And the list goes on and on.

This thread wasn't going well for you. You've done nothing to improve it.

And if it was one of my close friends, and I was at no risk of going to jail, but my friend was -- I would have lied for him.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

List all the stats you want, Pettitte still isn't going to the HoF and he wasn't exactly on the fast track BEFORE the Mitchell report. Pettitte was an Allie Reynolds type pitcher who won a few clutch games but overall was a good, but not an all time great pitcher. By comparison to Clemens he had NOTHING to lose.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:By comparison to Clemens he had NOTHING to lose.

Let me tell you just how :SHOCKED: I am that you started throwing qualifiers into the mix after the fact.

I never would have guessed you'd do such a thing after having the utter stupidity of your statements pointed out.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
BSmack wrote:By comparison to Clemens he had NOTHING to lose.
Let me tell you just how :SHOCKED: I am that you started throwing qualifiers into the mix after the fact.
It's the same qualifier I threw in during my first post. You know, BEFORE you started stepping on your dick.

SHOCKING that your drug addled brain can't remember all of 2 posts back.

Here, let me help...
The only guys with something to lose are guys with legitimate chances to make the HoF. And Pettitte sure as hell isn't one of those. Respect? The only thing I feel for Pettitte is antipathy. He's a nothing.
The comparison always was to guys with HoF resumes. You know, guys like Roger Clemens.

Not that I expect you to come correct or anything.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

At some point, you're probably going to want to come correct about the dumbfuckery you've embraced in this thread.

"He's [Pettitte] a nothing."

No qualifiers there. An absolute statement.

And completely inaccurate by even the longest stretch of the definition.

But feel free to spin away -- it's all you've done in this thread.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Christ you're stupid Dins. Read for context buddy. Read for context.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Write for accuracy, tard... write for accuracy.

BTW...

Grade School Failure wrote:Christ you're stupid

You missed the years in school where they taught punctuation, eh?

Makes for quite the funny, though.

Remember kiddies, when running intellismack, proofread, proofread, proofread.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

So, does anyone want to see my mother's 15 seconds on her analysis of how you can tell someone is telling a lie? No? Ok.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Well, considering how much entertainment we've garnered from the last time you posted up one of your relatives (which I kind of doubt is actually your relative, but I'll keep that part to myself)...

by all means.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

http://khcw.trb.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down under the video clips and you will see..

Previous 1| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Click on page two and find the clip titled "Expert Talks About Reading Body Language"
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Write for accuracy, tard... write for accuracy.
Sorry if I'm not dumbing it down enough for you.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

RumpleForeskin wrote:http://khcw.trb.com/

Scroll down under the video clips and you will see..

Previous 1| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Click on page two and find the clip titled "Expert Talks About Reading Body Language"

I'd hit it.......

WITH AN UGLY STICK!!!!
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

OOOOHHHH BUUUURRRRRNNN!!!!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:

Dude... did you really just get called out for blowing a sentence that would be covered in an elementary school grammar class, then have the audacity to talk of dumbing something down?

Wow... just... wow.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If you spent your infancy suckling from those titties, I can see where you'd find Mt Rumplewife a suitable spouse.

It's said that the apple don't fall far from the tree. While mom may not be Queen Rumptifah, she does lend insight as to how you found Mrs Rumps to be mating material.

I haven't seen a grille that chiseled since I last looked at paper currency.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

rozy wrote:Noone

But seriously... who stole Rozy's password?
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Dinsdale wrote:I haven't seen a grille that chiseled since I last looked at paper currency.

I've seen a lot worse at 60.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
BSmack wrote:

Dude... did you really just get called out for blowing a sentence that would be covered in an elementary school grammar class, then have the audacity to talk of dumbing something down?

Wow... just... wow.
No, some retard with a propensity for being a blowhard claimed a mistake was made. So I'll repeat.

Christ you're stupid Dins.

Not sure what you're getting at. The contraction of you are is you're. And I did place a period at the end of the sentence, even if you were too disingenuous to C&P it.

So go fuck yourself.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OK, since you really did flunk grade school, I'll help you out...

BSmack wrote:Christ, you're stupid Dins.

But feel free to keep "dumbing things down" for me.

Unless you really meant to say Christ is stupid (in a nonsensical way), which doesn't have a whole lot to do with Roger Clemens.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Wow. Just wow.

Dinsdale is attempting to spin out of his previously posted idiocy by debating the use of commas?

SHOCKING.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

In another not-so-alarming twist, BSmack is pulling some thinly-veiled IKYABWAI.

I have no need to spin anything, and stand fully behind all comments made in this thread.

But nice try at attempting to deflect attention from claiming an All Star is "nothing," to go with your previous attempts to disguise your ignorance to the fact 60 Fucking Minutes isn't a legal hearing... which was priceless.

But please continue to "dumb things down" by improperly punctuating sentences -- it makes you look all smart and stuff.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:...claiming an All Star is "nothing,"
The comparision was to Clemens and other HoFers. If you're still too stupid to understand that distinction...

Well, I guess I can't say I'm shocked.
...to go with your previous attempts to disguise your ignorance to the fact 60 Fucking Minutes isn't a legal hearing...
Feel free to link up to where I said that 60 WAS A LEGAL HEARING?
But please continue to "dumb things down" by improperly punctuating sentences -- it makes you look all smart and stuff.
Feel free to go fuck yourself.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Nice job by Mrs Rumps.

Not a lot was revealed in that clip, but of course the network takes what was prolly a 15-30 minute interview and selects about 30 seconds of her remarks to play for the viewers at 9:00.

I don't know if mom said anything that was particularly damning to Roger or not, but Ch. 39 definitely went p.c. avoided airing anything that sounded like it was taking sides.

Btw, S. Williams is my favorite Houston anchor.
Not the hottest, of course, but solid, bright, 'friendly' and professional.