3%
Other
9%
WGARA
21%

Total votes: 33

M Club
el capitán

Re: Poll: Where is Terrelle Pryor Going?

Post by M Club »

wow, similar timing.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

he said just after his michigan visit that he probably won't pursue basketball in college. that's a bonus for us, i'd say. [read that how you will.]

aside from all the dramatic posturing, i'd say waiting this long to announce benefits michigan's chances to land him, though what good is it to have him say he really agonized over the decision but felt a bit more strongly about osu instead of saying osu was out in front too far from the beginning to ever be caught?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Personally, I think he's headed to UM. I think DickRod will really build his offense around him from day 1. That has to be an intriguing situation for a kid like TP.

I hate to say this, but I doubt PSU is a good option for him. The soonest he'd start, barring injury to Clark or Devlin, would be 2011. I want to watch this kid play, not see him picking bench splinters out of his hind end. I also would not like to see PSU's current offensive braintrust waste the poor kid's amazing talent.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

My guess is OSU. Tough to compete with a Corvette.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

I think this kid is a little weird. First of all, he wanted to wait till after signing day? Why? I worry its because he wanted the attention to be placed solely on him? I hope not but maybe. Secondly, he seems to be bouncing back and forth a lot which doesn't seem like the right frame of mind to be making a decision of this magnitude. Maybe he is just keeping it a secret but if its really as back and forth as it seems, maybe he should wait.

Or maybe they are putting out these OSU rumors just to screw with tOSU and he will commit to UM and fire up the rivalry a little.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08036/854933-100.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Is this guy worth the headache he's going to bring to any program? He'll come to Ohio and end up bunking with Maurice.
"So let it be written; so let it be done."
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Bobby42 wrote:Is this guy worth the headache he's going to bring to any program? He'll come to Ohio and end up bunking with Maurice.

sounds like both sides are bracing for him to be on the other team:
mgoblog wrote:Anyway, the meat: at 12:05 we get to find out whether Terrelle Pryor is the savior of the Michigan program or the most overrated recruit in the history of everything and a sloppy dresser to boot.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm fearing the worst...rather it be Penn State than Ohio State if he's not choosing RichRod and the Wolverines. Like I've said before, he can sign with Michigan and start from Day 1 or go to Columbus and hold a clipboard while Boeckman and the Bucks go for another national title game berth. Rivals.com says he's down to Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State...I'd rank the teams: 1. Ohio State, 2. Michigan, 3. Penn State. If he goes to Happy Valley, it would be a major shocker. We'll know around lunchtime who will get him.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

the nice thing about the west coast is i'll know relatively earlier in the day. i have a lot of umich friends out here [whom dinsdale no doubt loves] and we were pretty much unanimous in hoping pryor would've taken the 11th-hour visit to oregon a la malik hairston and ended up a duck. better than watching him do that run/pass shite against michigan, non?
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Michigan
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

M Club wrote: i have a lot of umich friends out here [whom dinsdale no doubt loves]
I watch CFB games with a Michigan Man on an occasion... but don't tell anybody and risk my cred, if you'd be so kind.

and we were pretty much unanimous in hoping pryor would've taken the 11th-hour visit to oregon a la malik hairston and ended up a duck. better than watching him do that run/pass shite against michigan, non?

For one, I thought dude answered the "why wait" question weeks ago -- he didn't want to miss any basketball games making recruiting visits. He's also said he won't make any commitment until he visits Oregon and LSU.

And you people seem to reeeeallllly underestimate the power of a Maliking, as M Club alluded to. You're definitely not taking into account Oregon's ability to go all Hairston up in the bitch.

How's Pryor's folks doing? Because no one can throw money at them like OSU will, but that can get you in trouble. Maybe Mr and MRS Pryor (who I believe are divorced) would just as soon earn their money... like say... at a very very large sportswear company about 100 miles north of Eugene... like say... 6 figures a year to start?

And then of course, there the Big Picture... let's just say for the sake of discussion that Pryor is the next Michael Vick, only without having Poptart's Buffet in his backyard... and let's just say for the sake of discussion, he becomes the hottest pro prospect in a decade.

Terrell really needs to think of the long-term endorsement prospects, which can be greater than a top-athlete's salary by a big chunk (just ask Peyton Manning).

Michael Vick made more money wearing shoes than he did playing football. Tiger Woods makes several times more money by wearing shoes than he does playing golf... getting the picture?

If Pryor wants the best long-term financial future throughout his potential pro career, he has a very important decision to make... and there's only one correct choice. He seems like a fairly bright young man, so I'm sure he understands this.

Oh... you people think I'm joking? Let's take a trip in the Wayback Machine, about 4 years. The top HS hoops player in the country that was headed to college, rather than the draft, came out of the "blue" and committed to Oregon out of nowhere... and by some remarkable coincidence, his dad got a fat gig with Nike at the exact same time.

Malik Hairston is having a pretty nice season (finally, although he was deece last season, and worthless his first two). And if Malik makes an NBA roster, even as a second-rounder, do you really think for a second that he isn't getting one heck of a Swooshy deal?

Gee, I wonder if Jonathan Stewart is going to get his own shoe? HMMMM......

Yeah, it's something to think about, isn't it? Vick got over $100 million from Nike... and he went to the wrong school.

Unethical? Fuck yeah, it is. We'll just let the OSU, Bama, OU, and USC fans cast the first ethics-stones, eh?

And if it was your team doing it, you wouldn't have a problem with it.

Add to that, if Pryor is both a pothead and heterosexual (good chance at both), then Michigan and OSU have some serious competition.

All that said, I still doubt Pryor will be Quacking... although stranger things have happened. Anyone remember a recruit name Haloti Ngata?

I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but to dismiss Oregon out of hand from this discussion is foolish. Especially since dude has said he won't commit until he visits Oregon... I kind of doubt he's doing it just for the vacation. And once he gets a load of the breathtaking campus, the hottest chicks in the country, and the public pot-smoking (pretty sure that's what hooked Ngata), and then witnesses firsthand the amount of money Nike throws with impunity at the Oregon athletic department, it might be an easy sell. Add to that, U of O was one bad knee away from winning the championship last season, and is returning a whole bunch of the same team, it becomes even more tempting. Hell, some of the best players left Michigan when RR came... or have we forgotten that part?

And last I heard, he wanted to visit LSU as well. Rumor has it they've had some recent success in that program.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

M Club wrote:the nice thing about the west coast is i'll know relatively earlier in the day.

Agreed. Getting the news three hours before the rest of the country rocks.

BTW-short people are always the last ones to know when it's raining.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Word tonight is that he'll postpone signing past tomorrow. We'll see.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PSUFAN wrote:Word tonight is that he'll postpone signing past tomorrow. We'll see.

He's become possibly the most famous high school player ever. He'll probably milk it for another month.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I think he's going to shock the world and sign with CU. Then he and Darrell Scott will go on to each win the Heisman twice as CU rolls off four straight undefeated seasons to break Oklahoma's all-time winning streak.
"Keys, woman!"
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Can he possibly live up to the hype?

Go elsewhere, who ever heard of Pat White before he got ahold of RR's system?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote:Go elsewhere, who ever heard of Pat White before he got ahold of RR's system?

Pure genius.

Who ever heard of Dennis Dixon until he got ahold of Chip Kelly's system? (Or Crowton's?)

For that matter, who ever heard of Chip Kelly before he got ahold of Chip Kelly's system?

Who ever heard of _________ until he got ahold of _______'s sytem?

We could do this shit all night. It's weird how no one has ever heard of the diamond-in-the-rough HS players until they gain success on the national stage... ain't that just crazy?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

PSUFAN wrote:Word tonight is that he'll postpone signing past tomorrow. We'll see.

Yeah...that's in the crawl on ESPN but he did say he eliminated Oregon from the list like Rivals reported yesterday. Must be giving Michigan some more time to offer him more money than the Buckeyes... :wink:

EDIT--Link on ESPN.com
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiti ... id=3233143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Penn State
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Isn't his dad pushing him pretty hard for Penn St?

The NCAA should conduct an immediate investigation on whoever lands Pryor.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

He just had a press conference to tell us that Oregon and PSU are still in the mix...and that his dad is pushing him hard for PSU.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I think that is a huge sign for PSU...

OSU might know something...they got an LOI from a kid from FLA...some 6'4" ATH who plays QB, DB, WR...Orhian Johnson...

maybe insurance, maybe they now know TP is not coming???
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

He's definitely giving PSU serious consideration at this point...but he's interested in visiting Oregon, and as Dins has said, their facilities are quite impressive. It will probably be the end of March before he publicly announces.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Seriously, who the fuck does this kid think he is? He hasn't had enough time to get involved in the recruiting process?! Kid is already a whore.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I think it would be hilarious if he signed with Vandy or Dook...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PSUFAN wrote:but he's interested in visiting Oregon, and as Dins has said, their facilities are quite impressive.

Really? Ya'think an 18 year old might be impressed by an XBox hooked to a plasma TV in every locker? And the indoor practice facility adjacent to the stadium that doubles as a bar/concert hall during halftime and whatnot, that's adorned with some of the better players that have played since the facility was built?

Having a booster who could write a check and buy Ohio State University doesn't suck.

Having a booster who gives over a hundred million bucks to his favorites when they turn pro doesn't suck.

Having a campus that's sandwiched in between the beach and ski resorts and isn't in the Midwest doesn't suck.

Having the hottest chicks doesn't suck.

Having no glass trophies -- now that sucks.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

And those unis...now those suck!! :lol:
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh yeah... there's that letting-the--players-design-the-unis thing.

Yet another recruiting tool.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

At least Oregon has the excuse ready that the kids designed the unis. At Kal, what's the excuse? Incontinence?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

terrelle pryor wrote:i haven't really had all that time to really get involved in the recruiting process.
uh, yeah. penn state = ruse. he's going to oregon.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

and if it really is down to just michigan and ohio state, i'm sure the decision will be postponed till the week of THE game in order to maximize publicity.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

WolverineSteve wrote:Seriously, who the fuck does this kid think he is? He hasn't had enough time to get involved in the recruiting process?! Kid is already a whore.
If the media didn't glorify these guys to no end, then you wouldn't have this shit going on.

They should also have an early signing period over the summer as well.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Pretty sad when a school learns the player doesnt like them so they go after the players parents instead. It didnt work at USC when they got Whitneys mama to make Whitney stay in LA but it turned out the kid was too fuckin stupid to know how to write his own name and moms may have had some legit concerns with her chud of a kid 2500 miles from home. Penn State tried the same thing a couple years ago with Vidal Hazletons step dad to try to get Vidal to go to Penn State and CUM had James Wilsons mom throw him out of the house cause he wanted to go across the country and play football for the school near his dads house.
I understand that these are just kids but when the kid says he doesnt want to go to your school, he doesnt want to go to your school. I wonder if these coaches got their wives parents to strong arm the poor girl in to marriage with the troglodyte after she told the fool "NO"

good luck to that dumbo eared qb at whatever school he goes to in any game he plays in college that isnt vs USC, in that game, I hope he suffers a debilitating knee injury and then gets ran over by Traveler
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Since when was a 4.4 40 considered slow?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote:Urbanik does player analysis for Takkkle.com
if he were white he'd be a six-star recruit. f'n northern racists.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I gathered that he was no faster than the good players at schools in Texas and Cali.
Which is a far cry from Pryor being "not that fast." And according to this logic, if he's considered "not that fast" then neither are the kids from Cali and Texas he's being compared to...you know, considering they're all on the same level.

Speed is speed. It doesn't matter who else is on the field. Anybody who runs a 4.2 - 4.4 is peaking in the speed department.

In a case like Pryor, the guy is a physical freak of nature. I think it matters little what kind of competition he faced in high school. He's 6'6", fast, agile, strong, a natural athlete (see: could play D1 basketball just about anywhere), and can toss a football 65 yards. Not every great athlete is going to play at a high school football factory.

I guess there's something this genius knows that all the other head coaches, assistant coaches, and recruiters around the country don't know.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Whatever Urbanik says, just about any school in the nation would be willing to give Pryor a try - in football or in hoops. We're not going to really know how good he is until we see him on the field...same as everybody else.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The young man just needs to remember that Joey Harrington is still pulling a fat check from Nike every month. I think Kellen Clemens got a fat endorsement deal that nobody ever heard about, either.

Worth a lot more than whatever initial bribe the OSU boosters are offering right now. He needs to think of the future.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

ja, michigan's future.

go to oregon, please. michigan's rise from mediocrity should coincide with belotti's standard late-season tank, so that way we'll probably never see him on the field.