Who gets the W/L in the Capitol One Bowl

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Who gets the W/L in the Capitol One Bowl

Post by Sky »

So if you look at this website Michigan has two head coaches. Who gets the W/L in the bowl game. I know Lllllloyd will be coaching but does this count for/against RR as well?

And I don't mean from a liberal we all love each other perspective. I mean from a hard and fast record book perspective.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Bobby42
Natural Man

Re: Who gets the W/L in the Capitol One Bowl

Post by Bobby42 »

Carr will lose for old times sake.
"So let it be written; so let it be done."
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Who the fuck is Bobby?

Thanks for coming in, feel free to leave now.
Those who stay will be champions.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Carr turned into Cooper and that's his legacy.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

T REX wrote:Carr turned into Cooper and that's his legacy.
And then there's that one little championship.

Piss poor try at trolling, tardlet.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

FLW Buckeye wrote:

Oh....you mean the one ten years ago?

Bottom line, he couldn't beat Tressel to save his life....errr.....job.

How the fuck is that trolling, asshole? Why don't you pull any thread by said UM fans from in here and see if my post echoes that. Are they trolls? Are they tardlets? Another fucking hypocrite.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i didn't think it was so much trolling as it was your usual deep analysis. fucking.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

6-7 against your biggest rival isn't Cooper-esq by any means. Cooper was 2-10-1. Carr struggled for the last half of his career, but he performed very well against some excellent OSU teams.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Real, actual facts ricochet of Trixie as if he's wearing an armor suit. Good point, nonetheless.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Killian wrote:
6-7 against your biggest rival isn't Cooper-esq by any means. Cooper was 2-10-1. Carr struggled for the last half of his career, but he performed very well against some excellent OSU teams.
Yawn.......

Carr? 1-6 vs Tressel? Is that accurate?

Very Cooperesque.......

How's that for facts? Actually, it just doesn't matter.....

I laugh every time I post just to see who comes back with what. Pile on boys. Pretty fucking predictable.

Killian

Post by Killian »

"Piling on" with facts seems to be your Kryptonite.

Looks like Meyer is well on his way to a Cooper-esq type of career against Les Miles. He's 1-2. How's that for a fact? Tommy Tubbervile as well. He's 0-2 against him.

Try to have an actual conversation about something. You'll find that many people are very engaging and can carry on about a topic and actually have a different view than you have.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Killian wrote:"Piling on" with facts seems to be your Kryptonite.

Looks like Meyer is well on his way to a Cooper-esq type of career against Les Miles. He's 1-2. How's that for a fact? Tommy Tubbervile as well. He's 0-2 against him.

Try to have an actual conversation about something. You'll find that many people are very engaging and can carry on about a topic and actually have a different view than you have.
WTF!!!!

I really didn't see any of the Michigan people actually disagree with my statement, did you?

Killian

Post by Killian »

That Lloyd Carr turned into John Cooper? I would wager m_club, Wolverinesteve and Blindref would all disagree that Carr tunred into Cooper and that will be his legacy. For example, Carr also brought the school it's first national title in 50 years. I'm sure that's how he will be rememberd.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Killian wrote:That Lloyd Carr turned into John Cooper? I would wager m_club, Wolverinesteve and Blindref would all disagree that Carr tunred into Cooper and that will be his legacy. For example, Carr also brought the school it's first national title in 50 years. I'm sure that's how he will be rememberd.
Really. So you think his poor record vs OSU in the last seven years will be forgotten?

Just like Tubby Smith right. That seems like ages ago. He hasn't done much lately.

It poses a great question......what will you remember most.....the good times long ago or the most recent bad times.

Look at Bobby Bowden.....are you trying to tell me he isn't tarnishing all he's done by sticking around too long.

I gotta think that the most recent times are fresh in the minds of fans vs ten years ago. Maybe after 10-20 years you might look overall, but immediately....right now....dude can't beat Tressel. They would never win another big ten title with Carr.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Carr's struggles against Tressel will make up a part of his legacy, but won't "define" his legacy. That's putting it too strongly. Considering where I live (the heart of Wolverine Land), I interact with a ton of Michigan fans, and listen to a lot of sports talk radio that is Michigan football-dominated. The general sentiment seems to be that of relief and happiness that there is change in Ann Arbor. They're happy to see Lloyd go, but not in a "don't let the door hit ya" kind of way. The Michigan fan base, by and large, was very pleased with the Lloyd Carr era - most notably with how things were kept clean.

But considering where Trixie lives in relation to me, I'm sure he's got a better pulse on this.
Killian

Post by Killian »

No where in my post did I say that his record will be forgotten. With every program, there comes a point where a change has to be made. When the change is made, the more recent activities will obviously be fresh in the minds of nearly everyone, but reasonable people will take a step back and view the coach as a whole, not just a half, which you are doing.

Throwing Bowden out there with Carr is foolish. Part of the reason Carr is stepping down is due to health concerns and he didn't have any major scandles on his watch.

Discussing Bobby Bowden and his legacy is fit for a different topic. I'll let the UofM contingent weigh in but my guess is that they will remember Carr for the good he has done for the football team and university, not for his 1-6 record against Jim Tressell.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Killian wrote:No where in my post did I say that his record will be forgotten. With every program, there comes a point where a change has to be made. When the change is made, the more recent activities will obviously be fresh in the minds of nearly everyone, but reasonable people will take a step back and view the coach as a whole, not just a half, which you are doing.

Throwing Bowden out there with Carr is foolish. Part of the reason Carr is stepping down is due to health concerns and he didn't have any major scandles on his watch.

Discussing Bobby Bowden and his legacy is fit for a different topic. I'll let the UofM contingent weigh in but my guess is that they will remember Carr for the good he has done for the football team and university, not for his 1-6 record against Jim Tressell.
Fine....but I still say it will be more like this....."Great coach, great guy.....BUT man...he could never beat Tressel"

I think there will always be that "but" in there with him. hey, its just my opinion. Seems like an awful lot of crucifying going on, but that's the norm.

Killian

Post by Killian »

Crucifying = discussion. Excellent.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

t rex is correct that right now there's frustration with carr's inability to beat tressel, but considering that he stepped down rather than drag this out for too much longer, it won't take 10-20 years for us to begin appreciating what he's done overall for the program. a lot of vitriol was directed toward him during the coaching search, but now we have a coach we're excited about but who isn't dialed into the traditions at michigan, so we're happy carr's still involved with um athletics to maintain those ties to the past without hindering our move to the future. er, the present.

anyhow, carr's legacy isn't cooperesque. he was most definitely tressel's bitch, but the prevailing sentiment is that the game just passed him by, not that he was entirely incompetant. plus, how often will you find cooper hanging around the football offices in columbus? while i wouldn't want carr anywhere near the sidelines during gameday, he still has a lot to offer the football program. by the by, carr doesn't necessarily have to beat tressel to win the big ten. he's done it before.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

T REX wrote:I think there will always be that "but" in there with him. hey, its just my opinion. Seems like an awful lot of crucifying going on, but that's the norm.
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, big guy. I just disagreed with your post, is all.

Anyway, what you've done is a textbook example of "backpedaling." Your original take wasn't that there's a "BUT" somewhere in the mix. It was that Carr's losses to Tressel = his legacy.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

T REX wrote:
FLW Buckeye wrote:

Oh....you mean the one ten years ago?

Bottom line, he couldn't beat Tressel to save his life....errr.....job.

How the fuck is that trolling, asshole? Why don't you pull any thread by said UM fans from in here and see if my post echoes that. Are they trolls? Are they tardlets? Another fucking hypocrite.
Let's break this down so that even you can understand it.

When you talk about Carr's legacy, you need to examine his body of work as head coach. That includes the national championship won during his tenure as HC. How about his record during that timespan? Oh shit, can't use that because it's another fact that runs against your "carr is a loser" argument.

Despite your "What have you done for me lately" approach, your failure to use all of the the facts seems to be the norm for you.

As far as scUM fans running smack on Carr, he is one of their own. You, on the other hand, are the only dumbass that comes in here flaming repeatedly, gets his ass handed to him repeatedly, then melts all over the forums repeatedly. Same old Trixie.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

FUCK YOU TRIXIE

All I want is an answer to my question....per the record books, who gets the W/L?

Instead, we get Trixie being his typical stupid self and the rest of you putting him in his place. Mind you, I am not opposed to that, just wish sometimes he was restricted from posts.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

Killian

Post by Killian »

peter dragon wrote:Image
Fucking rack that!

Sky, the answer is Carr. He is the coach for one more game.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

M Club wrote:plus, how often will you find cooper hanging around the football offices in columbus?
Not that this is relevant to the discussion, but you might be surprised at how often Coop drops by. And Tressel has more than welcomed him, which has been a classy move on his part. Both Cooper and former HC Earle Bruce have their own offices at the newly-renovated athletic center. Last year in Austin, Coop was invited by Tressel to be on the sidelines with the team (along with a few former players).

Not that he has the influence that Carr will have in the next few years, but Cooper's been treated very well by the current staff, moreso than one might think given his record versus TSUN.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i suppose it's relevant to where the discussion led. my point was about carr's continuing influence on michigan vs. cooper's at osu, but i didn't realize cooper still had an office or anything like that. i should've found a better illustration, eh.