Someone's got to....FSU to suspend TWENTY for cheating

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Someone's got to....FSU to suspend TWENTY for cheating

Post by T REX »

As this shakes down.....up to 20 players on the football team will be suspended four games including the bowl game.

I know at most universities you are expelled or suspended for an entire year and have to petition for re-enrollment.

Lack of institutional control?

Dave Hart knew something. Did jimbo or was he sold a raw deal?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3159534

Expect...yes expect a reduction in scholies.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

thank god I took Kentucky in my bowl pools...
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Is anyone remotely suprised that it was Trim monkey who posted this.
Thanks for taking time out from your F-bombing melts to "research" this.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Damn...and everything was going so great.

Ps. Any school with Internet classes has student-athletes cheating, these fools were just stupid doing it. Miss a question or two, if everyone is making perfect scores it looks kinda obvious.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Nolesy wrote:Is anyone remotely suprised that it was Trim monkey who posted this.
Thanks for taking time out from your F-bombing melts to "research" this.
Oh forget me dude....you have a lot more to worry about than T REX.

It doesn't change any of the facts no matter who posted it.

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

T REX wrote:It doesn't change any of the facts no matter who posted it.
No it doesnt.

Just funny that a fan of a team that leads the nation this year in arrests wants to talk shit.

Cheating on Internet classes is a huge problem around the nation and not just happening in FSU. FSU is just trying to correct a problem that is hard to correct.

Good thing 2 of FSUs first 3 games are shit schools. One loss heading into ACC play with everyone from suspension back.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

True Sam...
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I have known about this for a week now but I heard around 12 players. FSU hasnt come out w/ a definitive number so I am going to wait b/c I dont trust ESPN anymore. I think the number could be as high as 20. BAsically what happened was that it was a large online class that includes athletes from numerous sports as well as just normal students. The tutor got the answers and decided to pass it along to some of the players and not just football.

FSU found out, did their own investigation and self reported to the NCAA back in August. The problem is that when questioned by the University, only 2 football players admitted to doing it. The NCAA followed up and questioned more players and that's when a bunch of athletes fessed up.

I am pissed as are many Nole fans but I have no problem w/ the suspensions. FSU tried to be pro-active but it seems some players made things worse by lying. I hope that the suspension of the players involved is the end of it as I am in favor of it over losing scholarships or the ability to not participate in the bowl games.

Jimbo new what was going down and he decided that it was something he could handle.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Mr T wrote:
Cheating on Internet classes is a huge problem around the nation and not just happening in FSU. FSU is just trying to correct a problem that is hard to correct.
Link?

The issue is it just wasn't 20 kids on the football team....this reaches across ALL FSU sports....

UF has nothing to do with FSU cheating its ass off.

Self-reporting? Are you talking about TK saying no MAJOR sports were involved initially? Cover-up?

You guys are in trouble. You will lose scholies.....count on it.

Let's see how this affects your incoming class.

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

T REX wrote: Link?
Google...."cheating in internet classes" or "internet classes cheating"

here is a link for ya...
http://media.www.thechartonline.com/med ... 0017.shtml

Troy trying to stop internt cheating

Cheating is too easy and common on internet classes but I am guessing you didnt know that.
Self-reporting? Are you talking about TK saying no MAJOR sports were involved initially? Cover-up?

You guys are in trouble. You will lose scholies.....count on it.
If it makes you feel better to make up shit then have fun
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

There was no cover up TREX. FSU self reported and admitted that a couple players from major sports were involved but they later found that some players lied about their involvement. FSU is trying to be as pro-active as possible. There was 400 kids in the class and a lot of the kids found cheating were non-athletes as well. It's more of an Academic Issue than an Athletic one. I don't think FSU will lose schollies as 4 game suspensions of 20-25 players is a hefty penalty for a school who blew their own whistle.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Regardless of the worthless hatrid smack that comes out of TREX, this is truely an embarassment to the program and I am seriously considering not renewing my booster donations this coming year.

The incident WAS self-reported back in September and FSU was the entity that discovered it was more indepth than we initially thought. With that said, TK is already done and out of Tally for the Holidays...what kind of fucked up shit is that? Get your ass back to Tally and handle the situation already....dumbass.

I expect us to lose some schollies over this incident and I expect UK to beat the living shit out of us in Nashville. Oh well, I will be there supporting the Noles that aren't in trouble.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

TheChief wrote:this is truely an embarassment to the program
No doubt. But what is more embarassing is that we have become such a non-factor that this is not even major news anymore
I expect us to lose some schollies over this incident and I expect UK to beat the living shit out of us in Nashville.
I hope we dont lose schollies but already figured UK would beat the hell out of us
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Just because you self-reported doesn't mean dick. "Hey, we cheated" is still cheating.

I truly do expect you to lose scholies and deservedly so.

One/Two links?

First off, you made it sound rampant like it happens at every school. Glad to see you are on par with Troy. Great job FSU.

You are rapidly falling behind USF in the state rankings.

fsu=joke

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

EDIT: Warchant now reporting as many as TWENTY-FIVE players ineligble.

Nice.

Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Jocks taking internet classes and not cheating would be bigger news. That they are allowed to take net-classes is kinda surprising to me.

LOL at their stupid asses for not having the sense to hold-back a bit. If you are a C-student it looks kinda suspicious when you and busting-out the 100%'s, it looks really bad when you buddies are doing the same.
Last edited by Danimal on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

T REX wrote:EDIT: Warchant now reporting as many as TWENTY-FIVE players ineligble.

Nice.
And FSU is suspending the players. What did your guy do to the asshole that broke into an impound lot? I'll tell you, they covered it up. No suspension. This was one guy. Suspending him would have sent a message to the team that that shit doesn't play in Gainsville. Instead they now know that the inmates run the asylum in G-ville. The opposite message will be sent in Tally.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

T REX wrote:Just because you self-reported doesn't mean dick. "Hey, we cheated" is still cheating.
Ok. Bobby and the gang knew what was going on. You know everything...haha
I truly do expect you to lose scholies and deservedly so.
Maybe...Maybe Not
One/Two links?
Well you only asked for one and I gave you two. Why are you complaining? I told you where to find more cases. This is not just happening at FSU. Any school with internet classes has rampant cheating going on.
First off, you made it sound rampant like it happens at every school.
It does. You are just as ignorant as those FSU players to think they werent going to get caught. Maybe the gate players are taught better on how to cheat by Meyer. If you are a C student in regular class, be a C student in internet classes.

Trixie, you are in class of your own.

"only FSU cheats at online classes. FSU tried to hide it. FSU is getting the Death Penalty." - trixie

Way to avoid any truth in this matter
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Maybe FSUs Director of Football Operations should get on the phone with all of the gators back up players and tell them that if they transfer they will start right away
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

WolverineSteve wrote:
T REX wrote:EDIT: Warchant now reporting as many as TWENTY-FIVE players ineligble.

Nice.
And FSU is suspending the players. What did your guy do to the asshole that broke into an impound lot? I'll tell you, they covered it up. No suspension. This was one guy. Suspending him would have sent a message to the team that that shit doesn't play in Gainsville. Instead they now know that the inmates run the asylum in G-ville. The opposite message will be sent in Tally.
Another hater.....funny how a thread about FSU turns into a thread about UF. Bunch of fucking haters.

Listen wolverine steve, the NCAA doesn't get involved with said issue at UF. However, academic FRAUD on a large scale?

How can you even put the two in the same sentence? Just curious....Oh, its cuz you're a hating fool? Thanks. Wasn't sure.

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

mrs t: Never said any of that. Your own people on warchant are crying cover-up or at least a piss poor job when they investigated. From what I read on warchant, it was the NCAA that discovered the other 23 football players NOT FSU. COver-up? Maybe, maybe not....but something is messed up there, don't you think?

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

T REX wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:

Nice.
You can't bring up UF, HATER!!! HATER!!!

LalalalalalaifIdon'tacknowledgeititdoesn'texistlalalalalajustlikemommysaidaboutthemonsterslalalalalala
Ftfy
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mr T wrote:
T REX wrote:It doesn't change any of the facts no matter who posted it.
No it doesnt.

Just funny that a fan of a team that leads the nation this year in arrests wants to talk shit.

Good thing 2 of FSUs first 3 games are shit schools. One loss heading into ACC play with everyone from suspension back.
I seriously doubt that Florida has more arrests than Texas does in the last 12 months...
Cicero wrote:I have known about this for a week now but I heard around 12 players. FSU hasnt come out w/ a definitive number so I am going to wait b/c I dont trust ESPN anymore. I think the number could be as high as 20. BAsically what happened was that it was a large online class that includes athletes from numerous sports as well as just normal students. The tutor got the answers and decided to pass it along to some of the players and not just football.

FSU found out, did their own investigation and self reported to the NCAA back in August. The problem is that when questioned by the University, only 2 football players admitted to doing it. The NCAA followed up and questioned more players and that's when a bunch of athletes fessed up.

I am pissed as are many Nole fans but I have no problem w/ the suspensions. FSU tried to be pro-active but it seems some players made things worse by lying. I hope that the suspension of the players involved is the end of it as I am in favor of it over losing scholarships or the ability to not participate in the bowl games.

Jimbo new what was going down and he decided that it was something he could handle.
What's wrong Cicero. You want to be considered a big boy of college football now you get treated like the rest of us big dawgs. Sooner and Tide fan shed no tears for you...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I wasnt asking anyone to shed any tears. I guess you interpreted my post wrong. I am as pissed as anyone that it happened. I just hope the 4 game suspension is all the punishment FSU receives. I just wanted to shed some light on the subject, b/c no one on here seemed to know any specific details.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cicero wrote:I wasnt asking anyone to shed any tears. I guess you interpreted my post wrong. I am as pissed as anyone that it happened. I just hope the 4 game suspension is all the punishment FSU receives. I just wanted to shed some light on the subject, b/c no one on here seemed to know any specific details.
If all that is done is four game suspensions for players then I will be one of those people pitching a shit fit over it!!!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

If FSU was as relevant as they were 5-10 years ago, 5 schollies. Since they are not, minimum of 10 will be lost.

If you are a good team, you will get less punishment. Maybe none at all.

Sin,
USC

P.S. Any Nole fan saying the program didn't know or couldn't have known can join schmuck as a dumbass homer with your head buried in your own ass.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

From another board.....

This is from an article in the Orlando Sentinel today about the fsu strory:

Bowden, meanwhile, rushed past a group of reporters who waited for him outside an on-campus event. The coach said he was in a hurry to get to football practice, but football practice had ended approximately an hour earlier.

How is this guy still coaching? That's embarrassing.

Anyone who thinks they didn't know that one quarter of the team was cheating is completely in the dark or naive or something....

A lot of people will be calling your "recruits" once the dead period is over. "Sanctions" is a bad word.

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Also heard that a converted WR and safety were both practicing at LB. Heard it was mostly all defensive players.

ANy FSU fans confirm this?

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

trix,

If all you care about is the latest what's going around the rumor mill, tune in to ESPN. Otherwise, just show patience and wait for the NCAA and FSU's official statemnts. Why is this so hard?
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Unfortunately, they won't release any names because of student privacy laws or something.

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Yeah but...when [insert # here] does not suit up on the sideline, that's all you need to know.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

SunCoastSooner wrote: I seriously doubt that Florida has more arrests than Texas does in the last 12 months...
It would be close. I am sure Texas has more convictions.

Everytime a gaytor gets arrested for doing something, they always come to court saying he did nothing wrong...
Like this recently

I wonder why they always drop the cases?
Last edited by Mr T on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

IndyFrisco wrote:If FSU was as relevant as they were 5-10 years ago, 5 schollies. Since they are not, minimum of 10 will be lost.

If you are a good team, you will get less punishment. Maybe none at all.

Sin,
USC

P.S. Any Nole fan saying the program didn't know or couldn't have known can join schmuck as a dumbass homer with your head buried in your own ass.
Definately agree with all of that.

Also, the NCAA is still mad we stuck it to them by keeping the Seminole name. Though, they dont worry about having their offices in Indianapolis, Indiana

Ps. Any fan who thinks his school doesnt have student-atheletes cheating in online classes is a dumbass.
Last edited by Mr T on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mr T wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: I seriously doubt that Florida has more arrests than Texas does in the last 12 months...

Everytime a gaytor gets arrested for doing something, the defendent always comes to court saying he did nothing wrong...
Like this recently

I wonder why the defendents always drop the cases?
Texas is sitting at, what(?), 27 arrests in the last 2 years right now?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

T REX wrote:Unfortunately, they won't release any names because of student privacy laws or something.
Student privacy laws? Nah man...that is more cover-up.

Trixie, nobody will know too much until the bowl game. You getting your news from warchant is fucking retarded. Those fools think we are still a big time program and on the national spotlight.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Mr T wrote:

Everytime a gaytor gets arrested for doing something, the defendent always comes to court saying he did nothing wrong...
Like this recently

I wonder why the defendents always drop the cases?
Texas is sitting at, what(?), 27 arrests in the last 2 years right now?
I think gates are in the mid 20s too.

Zero convictions though. Everytime..."Ummm...what this case is about? Oh nothing, that guy over there did nothing wrong"
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

T Rex I dont read the Slantinel. It's such a gator homer paper I don't bother.

From what I have heard it was mostly Defensive players and mostly freshman and sophmores taking the class.

It was an Internet class where athletes and non-athletes were given the answers by an instructor. Sucks they made that decision, but FSU did make an attempt by allerting the NCAA back in August. Maybe they should have covered up like almost everyone else does.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

I gotta ask.....alerting? You underreported the number of guilty by a lot....22 players just in football. You don't think that's suspicious?

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

T REX wrote:I gotta ask.....alerting? You underreported the number of guilty by a lot....22 players just in football. You don't think that's suspicious?
Underreported?

Thats is all FSU knew back in may. FSU has been investigating this since May. The investigation has been tough. Since there is very little first hand evidence and a lot of the kids have not been cooperating. This is an online class trixie. How do you know for sure that a kid cheated or didnt cheat? They are going on he said-she said shit.

FSU isnt going to risk getting sued so you can know how many and who might be getting suspended. Because if they name somebody that ends up being innocent, they would be handing over a lot of money to the kid they falsely reported.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Mr T wrote:. How do you know for sure that a kid cheated or didnt cheat? .
Uhhhh....just throwing this out there.....they all get 100% or close to it? Or they all get the same answer wrong? I'm sure there are plenty of ways to "figure it out".

I'm sure the brainiacs used all of the right answers instead of being happy with a 90%.

Also, how come the NCAA could find the truth but your own school couldn't? You guys had months, they had a week and got to the bottom.

Maybe, just maybe.....your administration didn't want to find the truth.

You guys are in deep shit.