Will this be a BIG ROUT?? Patriots- Jets

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Jack
enigma

Will this be a BIG ROUT?? Patriots- Jets

Post by Jack »

Bill Belichick and Eric Mangina

Current point spread is 27 points according to Las Vegas Odds posted on Foxsports.com

Do you think the Patriots will let the Jets off the hook? Get caught by surprise and lose?
or somewhere in between?

I will be at the game with my 3 sons. We do not know an Audi Dealer that knows Rodney Harrison (as Neely does), so our seats don't exist. (SRO- standing room only).

I am expecting a BLOWOUT!! The crowd will be nuts!! and there is a good possibility of SNOW!!

Patriots 44
Jets 10

Mangina - An illusion where a man "tucks his stuff"
ManJudas (You do not betray your benefactor.)
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Re: Will this be a BIG ROUT?? Patriots- Jets

Post by Neely8 »

Jack wrote:Image
Bill Belichick and Eric Mangina

Current point spread is 27 points according to Las Vegas Odds posted on Foxsports.com

Do you think the Patriots will let the Jets off the hook? Get caught by surprise and lose?
or somewhere in between?

I will be at the game with my 3 sons. We do not know an Audi Dealer that knows Rodney Harrison (as Neely does), so our seats don't exist. (SRO- standing room only).

I am expecting a BLOWOUT!! The crowd will be nuts!! and there is a good possibility of SNOW!!

Patriots 44
Jets 10

Mangina - An illusion where a man "tucks his stuff"
ManJudas (You do not betray your benefactor.)

Rodney came through with some free Tix in 226. I guess you gotta know god himself for lower bowl seats.

This game won't be close. Brady/Moss get the Jets just in time for my first fantasy playoff game. Perfect timing.

56-13 Pats roll....

Oh and I guess it really all depends on where you videotape from. We here in New England just tell the guy to pack up and go home. In New York they whine and complain and rat you out to the league. Mangina for sure......

Jets Caught
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Neely, did you read your own link? Were you trying to make yourself look like a dink? If so...

Big difference between asking for, and receiving, permission to tape from each end zone and sneaking around taping signals.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Headhunter wrote:Neely, did you read your own link? Were you trying to make yourself look like a dink? If so...

Big difference between asking for, and receiving, permission to tape from each end zone and sneaking around taping signals.

So you just believe every word of what Rat Mangina has to say? So if they asked for and received permission then why were they asked to leave? Maybe cause they were filming something that they weren't supposed to be?? HMMMMMM??? Of course Mangina won't discuss that or admit to that. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that if the Pats pulled a "Mangina" and reported it to the league there probably would have been some stuff on their tape that shouldn't have been there. You just go on believeing everything that Manigna spouts though.....
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

I couldn't give less of a fuck. Mangina, Belicheat, doesn't make a difference to me. I think they both cheat. But I wouldn't post a link to a story with which I disagreed , and had to immediately go to the "he's lying... You know that" Card.

From an outsiders perspective it sure looks like more of the "See everybody else cheats" crap Pat fan has been spewing since spygate broke.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Headhunter wrote:I couldn't give less of a fuck. Mangina, Belicheat, doesn't make a difference to me. I think they both cheat. But I wouldn't post a link to a story with which I disagreed , and had to immediately go to the "he's lying... You know that" Card.

From an outsiders perspective it sure looks like more of the "See everybody else cheats" crap Pat fan has been spewing since spygate broke.

So he admitted taping at the game. He says they do it all the time. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think in the next few days you will see some coaches in the league come out and say that they never gave him permission. The only difference is that most other coaches and teams know that it is done and they don't run to the NFL and rat out the guy that made him who he is. The fact that the Pats supposedly gave permission and then took it away is interesting. Gamesmanship? I think there is more to it....
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Sure there's more to it... Belicheat knows what Mangina is doing, because they used to do it together.

Not a real brain teaser there.

They are both cheaters. That is why Mangina ratted out Belicheat. He knew damn well what the score was and what was being done. Doesn't make Cheat or the Patriots any less the cheaters they are/were. It just confirms that they were doing it when Mangina was with them.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Neely8 wrote: Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think in the next few days you will see some coaches in the league come out and say that they never gave him permission.
Doubt it. In fact you'll notice a lot more camera shots of coaches signals being blocked- I think it's 2 fold-- one is a direct reaction to what the Patriots were caught doing
Secondly, because they know the game is being video taped from one end of the field and they're being cautious about what is being caught on tape.

Mangini's comments pretty much confirm that a lot of teams do video tape games, in the same way they video tape practices. Belicheat took it one step too far and got called on it. Why must you myopic Patriot fans make excuses?
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

jiminphilly wrote:
Neely8 wrote: Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think in the next few days you will see some coaches in the league come out and say that they never gave him permission.
Doubt it. In fact you'll notice a lot more camera shots of coaches signals being blocked- I think it's 2 fold-- one is a direct reaction to what the Patriots were caught doing
Secondly, because they know the game is being video taped from one end of the field and they're being cautious about what is being caught on tape.

Mangini's comments pretty much confirm that a lot of teams do video tape games, in the same way they video tape practices. Belicheat took it one step too far and got called on it. Why must you myopic Patriot fans make excuses?

Im not making excuses. The Pats were caught and were punished. The angle that I am looking at is the nicely ask the guy to leave solution Vs. the run to the league and rat out your ex boss solution. Were the Eagles playing the Jets the day that they were holding up towels to block? Were those towels pointed toward the end zones?
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

mvscal wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Why must you myopic Patriot fans make excuses?
What choice do they have? If they don't offer lame excuses and rationales they're stuck with the fact that Belidick's actions have undermined the credibility of the entire organization and everything they have accomplished since he took over.

Sure thing Bitter Boy. I hope we get to kick your pussy teams ass in the playoffs again. Oh sweet music to hear Charger Fan whine again......
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Neely8 wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:

Im not making excuses. The Pats were caught and were punished. The angle that I am looking at is the nicely ask the guy to leave solution Vs. the run to the league and rat out your ex boss solution. Were the Eagles playing the Jets the day that they were holding up towels to block? Were those towels pointed toward the end zones?

You are aware that other teams suspected the Patriots of stealing signs, which unto itself isn't uncommon, until the method used by the Patriots was exposed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... s_spy.html
He allegedly videotaped hand signals from the Jets' defensive coaches on the sideline, defying an edict from Goodell, who warned teams before the season that he wouldn't tolerate cheating. Several teams have suspected the Patriots of stealing signs. So did the Jets, thanks to Mangini.

"(The Jets) knew they did it," the person with knowledge of the situation said in an e-mail to the Daily News. "They caught the guy a year ago, but couldn't do anything about it. When Eric came, he said that's what they used to do. Bill is going to be (ticked) at Eric. He kissed and told."
So not only were the Patriots suspected of it and not only was the entire league warned about it but the Jets actually caught a guy prior to that. Since nothing was ever reported or leaked, I can only imagine Mangini either told Bill to knock it off and/or went to the league and asked for a broad warning to be issued.. why else would the league issue a NO CHEATING edict if they didn't suspect something?

So fuck your argument about how Mangini reacted- he clearly had prior knowledge of what was being done AND apparently caught the Patriots doing it before. Bill's arrogance (and there is nothing more clear than how arrogant a coach Belicheat is) is what got him busted.

As for the signal blocking- when the tv cameras show the players blocking a signal, the players towels are in fact blocking out an end zone view-- which, as I said is a precaution to keep their signals from being stolen via camera.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

jiminphilly wrote:
Neely8 wrote:
jiminphilly wrote: Doubt it. In fact you'll notice a lot more camera shots of coaches signals being blocked- I think it's 2 fold-- one is a direct reaction to what the Patriots were caught doing

You are aware that other teams suspected the Patriots of stealing signs, which unto itself isn't uncommon, until the method used by the Patriots was exposed.

He allegedly videotaped hand signals from the Jets' defensive coaches on the sideline, defying an edict from Goodell, who warned teams before the season that he wouldn't tolerate cheating. Several teams have suspected the Patriots of stealing signs. So did the Jets, thanks to Mangini.

"(The Jets) knew they did it," the person with knowledge of the situation said in an e-mail to the Daily News. "They caught the guy a year ago, but couldn't do anything about it. When Eric came, he said that's what they used to do. Bill is going to be (ticked) at Eric. He kissed and told."
So not only were the Patriots suspected of it and not only was the entire league warned about it but the Jets actually caught a guy prior to that. Since nothing was ever reported or leaked, I can only imagine Mangini either told Bill to knock it off and/or went to the league and asked for a broad warning to be issued.. why else would the league issue a NO CHEATING edict if they didn't suspect something?

So fuck your argument about how Mangini reacted- he clearly had prior knowledge of what was being done AND apparently caught the Patriots doing it before. Bill's arrogance (and there is nothing more clear than how arrogant a coach Belicheat is) is what got him busted.

As for the signal blocking- when the tv cameras show the players blocking a signal, the players towels are in fact blocking out an end zone view-- which, as I said is a precaution to keep their signals from being stolen via camera.
They must have been playing the Patriots that week if someone was trying to steal your signals via video camera. Why didn't your team management have the camera they were worried about confiscated and sent to the league offices?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Neely8 wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
Neely8 wrote:

They must have been playing the Patriots that week if someone was trying to steal your signals via video camera. Why didn't your team management have the camera they were worried about confiscated and sent to the league offices?
Seriously did Rodney Harrison punch in the head before he gave you those tickets? I've seen the Eagles block signals via a player holding a towel several times.. including against the Packers in week 1. They appear to be blocking the view from an endzone, most likely because the Packers were filming the game from that angle, as allowed by NFL rules and agreed upon between teams.

There is no debate on what the Patriots did and got caught doing. Your bruised-vagina fan base is now trying to call out Mangini for putting his foot down when, in reality, he got sick of Bill being a dishonest piece of shit.
Last edited by jiminphilly on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

mvscal wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Why must you myopic Patriot fans make excuses?
What choice do they have? If they don't offer lame excuses and rationales they're stuck with the fact that Belidick's actions have undermined the credibility of the entire organization and everything they have accomplished since he took over.

I am still very displeased with BB & Co cheating in any way but I have to admit that without the whole scandal coming to light we wouldn't likey have seen the 'perfect storm' that is the 2007 New England Patriots so far. IF they go undefeated it would be hard to say that they would have posessed the type of motivation required to do it without the need to vindicate their legacy of success. It needs to be said, tape or no tape, the 2007 Patriots are having one of the best seasons any team has ever had in the history of the league - to date. And to think, the Patriots have the Jets to thank for a lot of this success - TWICE! Once for getting rid of Bledsoe for us and twice for forcing the Patriots to play so passionately all year long.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

jiminphilly wrote:
There is no debate on what the Patriots did and got caught doing. The Eric Mangina fan base is now trying to call out Belichick for giving Eric his opportunity to coach in the NFL. In reality, Bill Belichick broke a rule; the snitch broke the coaches' code.

By exposing the dirty secret of his former boss, Pats coach Bill Belichick, Jets coach Eric Mangini broke a long-held code that NFL coaches live by: Don't go against the family. "If he wasn't before, Mangini's dead to Belichick now," says one head coach. "What Mangini did is a disgrace. He wouldn't be a coach in this league without Bill, and this is how he repays him."

It may seem absurd to think that if Belichick was blatantly violating an NFL rule -- one reenforced by two NFL memos in the last year -- the Jets should have ignored it. But last year the Lions and the Packers caught the Patriots taping and simply told them to stop without informing the league. Unlike New York, they followed the coaching fraternity's antisnitching code.

Just what is this code? First, don't mess with a former colleague's players, a tenet Mangini -- who was hired by Belichick in 1995 and rose from coaching-staff gofer to defensive coordinator -- violated in March 2006, just after he left New England for New York. Mangini signed free-agent linebacker Matt Chatham, whom the Patriots were trying to keep. By contrast, here's what then Cowboys coach Bill Parcells, who needed a kicker, did that same off-season. Though the Pats' Adam Vinatieri, one of the best of all time, was a free agent, Parcells let it be known that he wouldn't touch the kicker. Why? Vinatieri was Belichick's player, and Belichick had been a defensive assistant and coordinator under Parcells. In another example, one coach told SI last week about allowing an assistant to leave with a year remaining on his contract to join another team. There was one proviso: The team hiring the assistant couldn't sign the free agents of the team he left. On the third day of the next free-agency period, a prime free agent from the assistant's old team was signed by his new team. The assistant's former boss confronted him and said, "I'm going to tell everyone in the league I know what a no-good son of a bitch you are."

Second, don't mess with a former colleague's coaches. When onetime Parcells assistant Chris Palmer got the Browns' head job in 1999, he knew that a recommendation from Parcells, then the Jets' coach, had helped. Though Palmer wanted to hire Jets line coach Romeo Crennel to be his defensive coordinator, Palmer didn't try to get him.

Third, don't snitch. The most violated rule in the NFL is the antitampering rule: Before free agency begins in March, contact between teams and potential free agents is prohibited. Yet several G.M.'s routinely ignore the directive, and just as many decry the advantage they take -- though not loudly enough to get the offenders in trouble.
Rack jiminphilly!!

Damn, I am sorry for what I had thought of you prior to that post!!

By posting the above, you actually seem like a man! I mean a respectable intelligent man!!
I never would have expected that from you!!

Rack jim!!
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...the Pats can't help but run it up again vs. the hapless Jets...

Pats..54
Jets..10
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Jack wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
There is no debate on what the Patriots did and got caught doing. The Eric Mangina fan base is now trying to call out Belichick for giving Eric his opportunity to coach in the NFL. In reality, Bill Belichick broke a rule; the snitch broke the coaches' code.

By exposing the dirty secret of his former boss, Pats coach Bill Belichick, Jets coach Eric Mangini broke a long-held code that NFL coaches live by: Don't go against the family. "If he wasn't before, Mangini's dead to Belichick now," says one head coach. "What Mangini did is a disgrace. He wouldn't be a coach in this league without Bill, and this is how he repays him."

It may seem absurd to think that if Belichick was blatantly violating an NFL rule -- one reenforced by two NFL memos in the last year -- the Jets should have ignored it. But last year the Lions and the Packers caught the Patriots taping and simply told them to stop without informing the league. Unlike New York, they followed the coaching fraternity's antisnitching code.

Just what is this code? First, don't mess with a former colleague's players, a tenet Mangini -- who was hired by Belichick in 1995 and rose from coaching-staff gofer to defensive coordinator -- violated in March 2006, just after he left New England for New York. Mangini signed free-agent linebacker Matt Chatham, whom the Patriots were trying to keep. By contrast, here's what then Cowboys coach Bill Parcells, who needed a kicker, did that same off-season. Though the Pats' Adam Vinatieri, one of the best of all time, was a free agent, Parcells let it be known that he wouldn't touch the kicker. Why? Vinatieri was Belichick's player, and Belichick had been a defensive assistant and coordinator under Parcells. In another example, one coach told SI last week about allowing an assistant to leave with a year remaining on his contract to join another team. There was one proviso: The team hiring the assistant couldn't sign the free agents of the team he left. On the third day of the next free-agency period, a prime free agent from the assistant's old team was signed by his new team. The assistant's former boss confronted him and said, "I'm going to tell everyone in the league I know what a no-good son of a bitch you are."

Second, don't mess with a former colleague's coaches. When onetime Parcells assistant Chris Palmer got the Browns' head job in 1999, he knew that a recommendation from Parcells, then the Jets' coach, had helped. Though Palmer wanted to hire Jets line coach Romeo Crennel to be his defensive coordinator, Palmer didn't try to get him.

Third, don't snitch. The most violated rule in the NFL is the antitampering rule: Before free agency begins in March, contact between teams and potential free agents is prohibited. Yet several G.M.'s routinely ignore the directive, and just as many decry the advantage they take -- though not loudly enough to get the offenders in trouble.
Rack jiminphilly!!

Damn, I am sorry for what I had thought of you prior to that post!!

By posting the above, you actually seem like a man! I mean a respectable intelligent man!!
I never would have expected that from you!!

Rack jim!!
While I don't think the rules violation is a big deal, I find it hilarious to come down on Mangini for violating this supposed code. Is this the same code that says it is ok to spy and cheat on your fellow coach?
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

mvscal wrote:
See You Next Wednesday wrote:While I don't think the rules violation is a big deal, I find it hilarious to come down on Mangini for violating this supposed code. Is this the same code that says it is ok to spy and cheat on your fellow coach?
No surprise that a team owned by a cunt, coached by cunts with cunts for players has whiny, myopic cunts for fans.

You just described your shit franchise perfectly. Owned by cunt---CHECK, Coached by Cunt---CHECK, Cunts for players?

CHECK!!

And to top it off they have you in their fan base CUNT!!
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

mvscal wrote:Right on cue another brainless puppet steps up to run tired IKYABWAI "smack."

Go fuck yourself, you pussy faggot.

See you in the playoffs for your next ass whooping!! Another trophyless year for the shitty Chargers!! How many is that now? All of them!!!!!!! Bunch of fucking losers!!

The Pats cunts? I know I see Brady crying in every press conference after a loss. See him being a bitch to his fellow players on the sideline all the time too. Actually I have never seen either of those things. Your team on the other hand has it's best player blubbering all over my TV every other week....
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Great article by Michael Smith on ESPN.com today: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=3156054
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
James Dean Bradfield
Elwood

Post by James Dean Bradfield »

nice throw Clemens , half way to my 1st. half cover of -13 ......

Circle it ...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

James Dean Bradfield wrote:Circle it ...
[marq=down]L[/marq]