Interesting

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

mvscal wrote:
Th wrote:Defend it? I applaud what the Patriots are doing! BB & co are pissed about how the haters want to tarnish their legacy.
Th wrote:Got to be honest, if the Patriots coaching staff is found guilty of this level espionage then I am off the Patriots bandwagon until BB and friends are run out of Foxboro. I will wait til the league has their say but as a lifetime Pats fan I am disgusted.
Go fuck yourself, you moronic, hypocritical cunt. You have less credibility than your phony, bush league exhibition team.
Just another chowd loser sucking off other losers.

I wasn't defending BB cheating with the tapes - at all. I was the 1st to say that I felt he and the Patriots got off light, although the Broncos weren't punished as severely as necessary for cheating the cap with Elway & TD during the the 2 years they won the Superbowl - EITHER. It is what it is, and its all relative. They were penalized for their infraction, albeit lightly, and have moved on to their scorched earth policy with the scoreboard for this season. I won't give up a team that I have backed for over 30 years because they made a mistake. I leave that type of fair weather fan bullshit to you - the casual fan. Gotta admit though, watching you guys flame out post after post over the fact that the Patriots are the best team in football is utter redemption for all New England fans in here. So go ahead, hit submit. I get a HUGE laugh every time you do.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Barry Bonds is relaxing in his Recliner....sporting his CHEATRiots Jersey...LAUGHING His ASS OFF right now.

Cheat? Run UP the Score?

JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!

Sin,

Alcula

FUCK IT--->WIN THEM ALL!

19-0

GET IT!

....its just another ASTERIK....
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Th wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Th wrote:Defend it? I applaud what the Patriots are doing! BB & co are pissed about how the haters want to tarnish their legacy.
Th wrote:Got to be honest, if the Patriots coaching staff is found guilty of this level espionage then . I will wait til the league has their say but as a lifetime Pats fan I am disgusted.
Go fuck yourself, you moronic, hypocritical cunt. I am off the Patriots bandwagon until BB and friends are run out of Foxboro You have less credibility than your phony, bush league exhibition team.
Just another chowd loser sucking off other losers.

I wasn't defending BB cheating with the tapes - at all. I was the 1st to say that I felt he and the Patriots got off light, although the Broncos weren't punished as severely as necessary for cheating the cap with Elway & TD during the the 2 years they won the Superbowl - EITHER. It is what it is, and its all relative. They were penalized for their infraction, albeit lightly, and have moved on to their scorched earth policy with the scoreboard for this season. I won't give up a team that I have backed for over 30 years because they made a mistake. I leave that type of fair weather fan bullshit to you - the casual fan. Gotta admit though, watching you guys flame out post after post over the fact that the Patriots are the best team in football is utter redemption for all New England fans in here. So go ahead, hit submit. I get a HUGE laugh every time you do.
Not that I care- but when you make the statement "I am off the Patriots bandwagon until BB and friends are run out of Foxboro"- doesn't that pretty much say it all. Now that they are winning- you seem to have forgotten the moral high ground you tried to set BEFORE they were found guilty.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

BBMarley wrote:Not that I care- but when you make the statement "I am off the Patriots bandwagon until BB and friends are run out of Foxboro"- doesn't that pretty much say it all. Now that they are winning- you seem to have forgotten the moral high ground you tried to set BEFORE they were found guilty.

Got to admit, BB & Co getting caught cheating was a tough hit for any 'real' fans of the New England Patriots. I thought about throwing in the towel for backing the Pats but then I cooled off. Real fans stick with their team no matter what. Like I said before, that is something that 'casual' fans don't understand.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

LoL ?
Go Bucs, Gators
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Th wrote: Got to admit, BB & Co getting caught cheating was a tough hit for any 'real' fans of the New England Patriots. I thought about throwing in the towel for backing the Pats but then I cooled off. Real fans stick with their team no matter what. Like I said before, that is something that 'casual' fans don't understand.
Riiight.

Color me skeptical, but once the worm turns, as it always does, and your 'beloved' Pats aren't front runners anymore, you'll become a "casual" fan once again.

Don't preach to me about what a "real" fan is. Real fans support their team even when they suck.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

War Wagon wrote: Color me skeptical, but once the worm turns, as it always does, and your 'beloved' Pats aren't front runners anymore, you'll become a "casual" fan once again.

Don't preach to me about what a "real" fan is. Real fans support their team even when they suck.

1. If that WERE true you would still have to deal with us 'casual' Pats fans for quite awhile - Patriots look to be setting up for the long haul with their scorched earth policy. Indy will be the next victim - no doubt about that.

2. Nothing casual about me backing the Pats - been attending games in Foxboro since the early '70s.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

If Bill Cowher is right, the "long haul" is going to include some cheap shots directed towards Pats players.
"At some point if this continues, someone's going to take a cheap shot,'' Cowher said. "Is that worth subjecting your players to if it comes to that?''
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post ... =nfl,51840
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
upstart
Elwood

Post by upstart »

This Chick Knows her shit.....in other words She gets it.

The Pats' No-Pity Party

By Sally Jenkins
Thursday, November 1, 2007; Page E01

I have a weakness for world conquest, which may explain my fascination with the New England Patriots. You can have the sentimental underdog; I'll take the dynasty or the empire every time. There's an imperial marching quality to the way the Patriots have trampled their NFL competition, which I frankly appreciate. This is a team that clearly wants to sweep the board, own everything from Egypt to Babylon. There are those who don't appreciate the Patriots, who find their dominance cold and unappealing. This is merely weakness, a common complaint from those whimperers and whiners who don't understand what dark beauty lies in dominion and the exercise of total power.

A football game is one of the few instances in which it's okay to guiltlessly enjoy oppression of the weak. Critics complain that there's no honor in the way the Patriots run up the score, but there's nevertheless something sort of magnificent in the way they crush opponents, in their hard quantitative search for total victory, while Coach Bill Belichick watches from the sideline with that expression on his face, part Lord Sauron and part Doctor No.

Anyone who complains that the Patriots are unsporting doesn't get what they're watching: an attempt at total mastery. Their quest for perfection makes for a good game of Risk, and some high drama, too: They're in position to go undefeated if they get by the also-unbeaten Colts this weekend, and no matter whether they accomplish a perfect record or not, the way in which they're attempting it is intriguing. The Patriots refuse to outwardly acknowledge what they're after, or to admit they're even thinking about it. Belichick stares blankly and mouths platitudes, while quarterback Tom Brady feigns modesty, and dimples as innocently as Shirley Temple. Meanwhile, every scoreboard shouts their obsession, their average margin of victory is 25 1/2 points, and they haven't scored fewer than 34 points in a game, or won by fewer than 17. No wonder some fans despise them.

To their critics, the Patriots are chilly practitioners who invite a visceral anger with their Thracian massacre-like final scores. Against Dallas, their last points came on fourth down with just 19 seconds to go. Against the hapless Miami Dolphins, Brady threw six touchdown passes and was still in the game in the fourth quarter. And then there was this week's game against the Redskins, when Brady was again on the field late in the fourth, and they went for two fourth downs despite leads of 38-0 and 45-0. It's an understandable gut reaction, based on the Golden Rule: Would the Patriots like it if another team did that to them?

But in a way, the discussion about whether the Patriots are running up scores is really about competing ethics. It's about gamesmanship vs. sportsmanship. The gamesman is exclusively focused on winning. Rules are something to be maximally exploited, and the final score is an expression of superiority. The sportsman is more focused playing the game the way it "ought" to be played, and is perhaps even willing to lose in the name of sportsmanship.

The Patriots are gamesmen, as they demonstrated with the overblown Spygate incident, when they were caught trying to purloin opponents' signals. Detractors called it evidence of both cheating and hypocrisy. But whatever advantage the Patriots gained was probably negligible, and what it really suggested was just how exhaustive they are in seeking any small edge.

The fact is, whether you like it or not, the Patriots have their own distinct ethic. It's based in the single-minded principle of all-out effort, and the self-interested pursuit of perfect excellence. They don't care what anyone thinks outside of their clubhouse, their motto might be Clark Gable's in "Gone With the Wind": "I believe in Rhett Butler. He's the only cause I know. The rest doesn't mean much to me." They're strictly interested in their own high performance, the tuning of a perfectly repeating machine.

"We play [until] the clock says zero-zero," Brady said yesterday, asked about running up scores. "That's an interesting question of scoring too many points. I don't know if that's ever been a problem here in the past. I think you just try to do the best you can do. As an offense, that's what we're trying to do. We're not trying to let other teams tee off on us, or let them get the best of us. If you call a play, we want to make it a great play. I don't think we want to come off the field saying, 'That was great. I hope they feel good about themselves. Because, you know, we just got the crap knocked out of us.' I don't think that's really the approach an offensive football team should take."

It's interesting that two people who defended the Patriots this week, and who seem to best understand them, are former Super Bowl quarterback Joe Theismann, and tight end Chris Cooley, who was the only Redskin to get into the end zone Sunday.

"If the Patriots want to play 60 minutes of football, good for them," Theismann told The Post's Mark Maske. "What happens if you play Tom Brady three quarters every week and you have your team used to playing three quarters, and then you go to Indianapolis and you can't get by playing three quarters?"

Cooley not only declined to criticize the Patriots, he was openly admiring. "We've had halftime leads, both times we lost, and it's a lesson that we can learn from those guys," Cooley said. "I think it's good they pile the points on. It teaches their guys to keep playing hard. . . . Right now they're killing everybody. I don't fault them."

The Patriots' philosophy is a lot more understandable -- and likable -- if viewed from the angle of what the alternative is. What should they do when the game gets out of hand? Let up? Pretend to play? Take pity? Eugene O'Neill said of that kind of pity, it's "the kind that lets itself off easy by encouraging some poor guy to go on kidding himself with a lie."
More......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02746.html
Three time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

It might be an interesting theory if this had been Belicheat's MO his entire career, and not just since he got caught. When you have to go to a tool like Joe Theesman to support your argument, you've already lost.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for lesser football teams, and you curse the Patriots. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That pathetic loss, while tragic, won a football game. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that field, you need me on that field. We use words like tackle, sack, endzone. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who plays fantasy football and enjoys the points that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a football, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

-Bill B.

upstart
Elwood

Post by upstart »

Good one Jack
Three time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots