Fire Again...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

We could all camp out on his (communal) patio and use his outdoor shower.

Who needs home?
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Hey, there you are?!!

What's the good word?!

They're evacuating parts of Camp Pendleton right now?!
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Nah, they're just warning the residents in some of the base housing that they may be evacuated eventually.

The fire here isn't nearly as bad as it looked earlier when it was completely out of control. Rumors were flying that it was within a block or two of the downtown area, but apparently it's confined within a mile or so of I-15. The original evacuation order covered basically all of Fallbrook and I've heard on the TV that 23,000 vehicles exited through Camp Pendelton. I think they just had no idea of what they might be up against so they told everybody to leave. Most of the folks in my neighborhood decided to stick it out 'cause it never looked like the fire was heading this way, and the way out was completely jammed anyway.

I think we'll be OK unless the wind really picks up again and changes direction, or a new fire gets started somewhere. We'll be up all night in shifts just to make sure. The truck is still packed.

I heard that everything between the 78 in the north and the 56 in the south, and west from I-15 all the way to the coast was supposed to be under evacuation. Are you in that area? It includes most of coastal North County, including Del Mar, Solana Beach, Cardiff, Encinitas, Leucadia and Carlsbad.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

I'm about 4 miles out the back gate of Pendleton.

I'm between the 76 and the 78.

I'm gonna stay up tonight anyway, cause if for any reason we DO need to leave, I wanna make sure I can help the elderly peeps in the area get to safety. I'm taking care of my grandfather right now, so I'm staying with him in his home in the senior community.

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, but just in case......I'd like to be ready to round up the blue hairs.

Glad you're safe, Mikey.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sounds like you're in an area that didn't even get much smoke. Glad to hear you're safe too.

And RACK you for looking out for the elders. We had the in-laws with us for a year when they were both recovering from hospital stays. I'm counting on the karma coming back to me so that somebody will take care of me when I become feeble in 4 or 5 years from now.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Thanks.

The elderly folks RULE!

Seeing as most of the clothes I wear are 40+ years old, we tend to have alot in common.

If I'm still here in 4-5 years.....I'll come check in on you!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Don't forget to bring the Depends, and a clean drool cup...

:wink:
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Still pretty fucking smokey here. I gave my area earlier, i'm still not too concerned, there will have to be some serious shit for it to get to me. It would have to rip through RSF and hit the escondido creek and lagoon before i will start shittin. The damn smoke plume is passing straight overhead and has all day though, planning on getting the kids out tomorrow up to carlsbad or o'side just to get into some clean air. Its looking like it is heading down to the southern lagoon towards Del mar. I've got a household of two other families/friends camping out in my front room that bailed out of their homes this afternoon. So I need to get back to the bedlam and instigate some corporal discipline to get some kids to sleep.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Wind is whipping up real good here right now. I'm about 2 miles north west of San Elijo hills right near where the old Carlsbad raceway used to be. Went outside for a few minutes smoke was really burning my eyes. Should be an interesting night.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Chargerfan, WTF are you waiting for?? I thought you fools were evacuated earlier today??

Saw a bunch of folks camping out in the Carlsbad mall parking lot today?

I take it you have the Redbull chillin'?!
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Hopefully for you they are correct that they contained that fire up in San Marcos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ edit

CU, I heard they lifted the evacution order for San Elijo Hills and the surrounding area around 4 this afternoon. The winds are kicking up though, hopefully it won't start howling like it did this early morning.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Right on.

Yeah, I'm too busy being worried about Gwynn and Bochy's residences.

Forgive me.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

cinderella_undercover wrote:Right on.

Yeah, I'm too busy being worried about Gwynn and Bochy's residences.

Forgive me.
Yea they would have to write about 1 check to fix any damage. Hope they do'nt get writers cramp or something then they could'nt fill out their shitty lineup cards next year.
Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Post by Ang »

Good luck to all of you in San Diego county. The thing that always made me nuts about the place, out in the areas that burn, is that in some places you just don't have very many choices of roads to go. Call me claustrophobic, but if a fire with the momentum of about a zilliion acres behind it is going at one of my two roads out...I'm packing up and going about right now.

What surprises me about hearing the news is that it's in much more populated places. It is unimaginable to me that Poway hospital would be evacuated, and Rancho Bernardo being up in flames. When we lived there, Ramona was in danger a few times, but it is surrounded by so much land that burns all the time anyway...not like the more populated areas. But then again, Laguna Beach seems to burn every few years on a regular basis, so maybe it should not be that surprising.

I just hope you all make it okay. I saw a few fires get close to our house when we lived there, and it was not a comfortable thought to know that you are just a wind shift away from having to cheek it on the one or two roads available through land that will probably be on fire at the time.

So, take good care and keep yourselves safe. If you get stranded at a shelter, we will send cheap beer.

And PS to Dinsdale...it's called chaparral. Rainfall categories and plant community categories don't match up in the way you simplified. The plant community is chaparral. It lives to burn in a similar way that the prairie does, and the desert doesn't.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Mikey wrote:We could all camp out on his (communal) patio and use his outdoor shower.

Who needs home?
Careful not to let him touch your pee pee. He likes to play fireman. :)

I have some friends in Fallbrook, one lives north west of the highschool, and the other in between mission and Reche not far from 395. Both were forced to evac.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Mikey wrote:News flash for the local News hacks:

We don't fucking care that LT, Trevor, Bruce Bochy and Tony Gwynn had to evacuate their homes. We really don't fucking care. Just tell me exactly where this fucking fire is right now instead, OK?
It's important to the firefighters to know as their synthetic putting greens burn hotter than any desert ,forest or dry chapparal wildfire could ever achieve with a solid Santa Ana. That mixed with the several thousand sq. ft. of mansion could whip up a hefty inferno.

To all our friends down in the Southland,

Be Safe and Take Care.......
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Posted for Lax (he can caption when he gets out of the evac center):
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

cinderella_undercover wrote:I haven't received any evacuation notices as of yet, but I don't feel like waking up all "Johnny Cash" and shit, so I may just stay up tonight.

I wonder if Raydah James has any room for us at his home on the marsh.
Just pray to God that the fires don't reach James' house....that would redefine the term "flash point", to say the least. :lol:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Thanks PSU...the first one is from my driveway, the second one is from a hill at the end of my street and the last one is from a friends backyard....It's freaking crazy now.....
warren

Re: Fire Again...

Post by warren »

Mikey wrote:Fuck.

No smoke here but smoke to the north and south and I hear that there's a new fire about 10 miles east of here.

Fuck.

Getting out the fire evacuation list.
Hey Avacado, I like to give you a lot of guff, just for the sake of it. However, I've been watching that horrific situation, and, even though they might not mean anything to you, my Prayers go out to all of you in that area

Having Prayed that, would you people stop building multi-million dollar homes with the square footage of the Vatican in hazardous areas.

My Prayers also go out to the first responders sent to save your Oscars and Grammy's and to the unwilling pet's you consisitently put in harms way. I wish you Cali's would go the way of the coyote and Phil Spector's house guests.

Dude, you can build in Southern Louisiana for nothing these day's and get a gov't debit card to boot.

p.s. Mikey fire evacuation list: 1. Blow up erotic humanoid

2. Zig Zag roller (can't freehand)

3. Taxi

4. Get a job so the above can be accomplished.

Seriously man, be safe and God Bless you folks in that area.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Pussies. What's a little air pollution?

sin, Donora PA, noon, Halloween, 1948:

King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wasn't around then. :lol:
warren

Post by warren »

mvscal wrote:

We don't fucking care that LT, Trevor, Bruce Bochy and Tony Gwynn had to evacuate their homes. We really don't fucking care. Just tell me exactly where this fucking fire is right now instead, OK?
Tell me about it. The Santiago fire is about a mile or two away and currently headed away from us, but every map I see looks pretty much the same as yesterday. We're under voluntary evac now.

30% containment? OK....which 30% please if it's not too much trouble.
Just stand out there with your garden hose handy and be sure and count on the government and local news to tell you when to split.

Fuck common sense, I'm sure Manuel Labo'r will watch your valuables and keep the grass edged.

Sincerely, Darwin and Calyfornia
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Yea no kidding. I was just channel surfing and the big story on msnbc was celebrity homes in danger. Like i could give 2 shits and a fuck about a bunch of over glorified people who own 4 or 5 homes anyway. They had a map up on the plasma of Malibu and arrows pointing to where each celebrities home was. Give me a fucking break.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

chargerfan wrote:They had a map up on the plasma of Malibu and arrows pointing to where each celebrities home was. Give me a fucking break.
At least now you know where the good stuff to loot is.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

:lol:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Celebrities are people too, you know.

Well...most anyway.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

If this keeps up, Ellen may have to give away her hairdresser.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Feels like "Night of the Comet" out there today?

How quick do ya think Charger Fan will use th fires as an excuse for their season?

:hide

(not ^^^^ Charger fan, but "Charger fan" in general)

BTW, how is everyone? Camp Pendleton is partially evacuating, so we may be next. I'm going to gas up the vehicles right now.

I heard that all of Fallbrook was evacuated at this point? Haven't seen Mikey around?

As I'm posting this, I just heard Lt. Gov. Garamendi say: "Upon evacuation....make sure to get your dog, your cat, your wife....outta the house".

BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Edit: Nice to see you Mikey!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

They're letting people out of Fallbrook but not letting anybody in.

I took a drive around town to check out the situation, something I've been doing every couple of hours since yesterday afternoon. This time I made the mistake of getting on the freeway and driving up toward Temecula where a lot of smoke was coming from. By the time I turned around to go home they had set up roadblocks at every road into Fallbrook and would not let anybody through except "emergency" vehicles.

They wouldn't let me go west on 76 from I-15 so I went another exit south, about 3 miles, and came back through Bonsall hoping to get in through South Mission. They had that blocked off too. So I drove back through Bonsall and north to East Mission (the way I got on the freeway in the first place) and they had the exits completely blocked.

Nazi mofos.

This was not good, as I was driving my car and my truck was at home with all our valuables, clothes, etc. The wife and kid were at home with the truck and the other car, and I didn't want them leaving without the truck. But...I had locked one set of keys inside the truck yesterday when we were hurriedly packing to leave, and I had the other set with me ~stupid moron~. So I want back through Bonsall again, this time having to talk my way through 3 roadblocks, telling them that the truck was my family's only way out and that my meds were there too.

They really weren't going to let me through, but one lady got through claiming that her kid's seizure medicine was at home. The sympathetic cop at the second roadblock, who had actually taken my address when I asked him to deliver the keys for me, said just go to the next guy and claim that you had left your diabetes and seizure medicine. After giving me shit for about 5 minutes the last guy finally let me through.

This closure is ridiculous. There is no fire near this end of town, and half the people are still at home. I think they're trying to thin the population by letting people out without telling them they can't get back in.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Hey Mikey,

Keep up the updates if you don't mind. My friends have no idea what the hell is going on with their houses and property, and all they can do is watch the smoke build up on top of the hill above Temecula.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Mikey, my father-in-law went to get an MRI at Tri-City yesterday (cancer stuff) and could not get back in yesterday afternoon. I heard about noon he was able to get back in for his meds and they were able to get back out with their RV. He is on Gird Road directly across from the 10th fairway at the public course. Do you have any info about what that area is looking like? The smoke has been alot better here in Cardiff today, but it is still dicey in a few spots in RSF and the edge of Fairbanks. I just read they issued an evacuation order for Olivenhein.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Bushy, don't you live up near Santa Clarita? Hows it your neck of the woods. I thought I saw it's burning up around Castaic and Gang-Banger Mountain.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

No I don't live near sta clarita. There are no fires where I am, just wind and smoke but not much. I'm 5 miles east of Lake Elsinore.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

ad -

Unfortunately from what I've heard the Grid Road - Live Oak Park Road area has been about the hardest hit. There's a trailer park down there that is supposedly a complete loss. Pala Mesa was hard hit. I was driving down Stagecoach and took a right down Gum Tree, which intersects Live Oak Park Road further north and it was closed at the bottom. It looked like smoke was still coming from around there. I also heard though, that they threw a lot of resources at that area near the golf course last night determined to keep it fire from going any farther west. Gird Road at 76 and old 395 have both been closed since early yesterday so it's been impossible to go in there to see anything. Reche road has been closed at Green Canyon, which is the other way in there. I have a friend with a major avocado grove down there. Hopefully being surrounded by irrigated avo trees is a good thing.

The main fire now in this area seems to be north of town, west of I-15 in the hills and canyons toward De Luz and the Santa Margarita mountains.

We are completely smoked in, but the smoke seems to be coming from the fire that started in the La Jolla Indian reservation and has been moving into Pauma Valley and Valley Center. Turning into another major conflagration.

Here's a link to the local wrap, with some updates in it. I haven't looked at them myself yet...somebody just emailed it to me.

http://thevillagenews.com/story.asp?story_ID=26162

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10 ... _22_07.txt
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote: They wouldn't let me go west on 76 from I-15 so I went another exit south, about 3 miles, and came back through Bonsall hoping to get in through South Mission.

Should have just thrown on your yellow spandex and biked it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

I can see how Live Oak Park would go up, and being a park I could see them just letting it burn. The west side of the golf course is pretty dense as well. Considering he got in to get his RV hopefully his place is still standing. His place is surrounded with ice plant, that might help, but just east of his place it gets pretty dense.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Atomic....I'm up in santa clarita......lots of smoke right now. Another fire broke out today down a few exits south of us on I-5, and the castaic fire is now raging again dumping a lot of ash on us. The Stevenson Ranch (Magic) fire where I'm at is about 35% contained and moving north and west of me. They need to cancel school again tomorrow but the geniuses called and said school is back on. Meanwhile we've got a senior citizens home in one of our gyms at school.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

We just got another "reverse 911" mandatory evacuation call.

What? I can't hear you. What???
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Whatever, pussies.

Let me know when a bigass mountain explodes.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one