Raiders v. Chargettes

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Raiders v. Chargettes

Post by poptart »

I believe there's a good chance the Raiders sweep their next 4 division games after this one.
The Raiders match up a LOT better v. both KC and Dungver than they do SD.
This concerns me.

SD's weakness on defense is defending the pass.
But Oakland hasn't shown a great ability to hurt teams with the pass.

On the other side, the Raiders have never stopped LadyT.
And this year's version of the Raider D has not done well enough v. the run, and they've also given up too many big plays in general.

But of course I'm not going to predict a SD win.
Why not?
Three reasons.

1. I'm a homer

2. Norv
He's a loser.
Career coaching mark well below .500.
Bet on Norv to lose every week and you'll end up with a big bank account.
Oh, Norv has a game this week?
Put me down for a Norv loss.

3. Oakland will show themselves to have greater heart, determinism, and togetherness than SD.

Raiders - 23
Blots - 20
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Re: Raiders v. Chargettes

Post by ChargerMike »

poptart wrote:I believe there's a good chance the Raiders sweep their next 4 division games after this one.
This concerns me.

SD's weakness on defense is defending the pass.
But Oakland hasn't shown a great ability to hurt teams with the pass.

On the other side, the Raiders have NEVER stopped LadyT.
And this year's version of the Raider D has not done well enough v. the run
, and they've also given up too many big plays in general.

But of course I'm not going to predict a SD win.
Why not?
Three reasons.

1. I'm a homer

2. Norv
He's a loser.
Career coaching mark well below .500.
Bet on Norv to lose every week and you'll end up with a big bank account.
Oh, Norv has a game this week?
Put me down for a Norv loss.

3. Oakland will show themselves to have greater heart, determinism, and togetherness than SD.

Raiders - 23
Blots - 20

Oakland has NEVER stopped LT...and therein lies Oaklands dilemma! another long afternoon for the Duh's D, which will spend WAY too much time on the field. Look for Turner to take over the rock sometime in the 3rd. quarter and run roughshod over the hapless and dog tired Duh's.

The had their breakout against the Rat pack much to Greenies dismay, and I look for much the same Sunday. A slow and aging 290 lb. Coldpepper being chased down and dropped by Merriman, Castillo, and Phillips.

Big Jamal Williams will take care of the middle, and Fargas and Jordan will get some yards but take a pounding in the process.

Bolts 35
Duhs 17

PS !. I'm a homer...yea, me too 8)
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Unfortunately for the Chargers, they only play the Broncos one more time this year- and it ain't next week, imo.

Raiders are ready to tear someone a new asshole, and it just might be Complainian who gets it
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Raiders v. Chargettes

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote:I believe there's a good chance the Raiders sweep their next 4 division games after this one.
This concerns me.
You should be more concerned with you're disturbing penchant for looking past the next game and into the future.

You can only play one game at a time. This you know, so why in hell would you even go there?

SD wins this game handily, btw... and you'll continue to be the rest of the AFC West's bitches until WE say different
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I can look ahead because I'm merely a fan.
I'm not responsible to nut it up and take care of business on the field.
I can sit and make observations.

If I wasn't a Raider fan I would pick Oakland to lose this game.
A loss won't damage the Raiders that badly, if it happens.
It just means SD holds serve -- winning a home division game, and Oakland will be just a half game out of 1st place.

Oakland's next four divison games are

KC
@KC
Denver
San Diego

They'll probably win all three home games and of course slap KC down on the road.

The Raiders will do to KC just about the very same thing Jacksonville did.
You remember that feeling.
They'll run your @ss right into the ground.
Time of Possession seriously slanted in Oakland's favor.
Chef fan leaving the stadium 1:51 into the 4th quarter .... in tears.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: I can sit and make observations.
Have you "observed" the ' duhs record against the AFC West lately?
If I wasn't a Raider fan I would pick Oakland to lose this game.
What a crock of shit.

There's no earthly reason for you to be a Raiders fan. None. That's just a team you incidentally glommed onto during your vagabond travails across Terra Firma. Did you also gather your Christian mantle in this same way?

I know this, and so do you. Why do you perpetuate this charade? You're no more a Raiders fan than you're a fan of Satan.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Cuda wrote:Unfortunately for the Chargers, they only play the Broncos one more time this year- and it ain't next week, imo.

Raiders are ready to tear someone a new asshole,
Sorry, but they don't have the Rams on their schedule this year.
and it just might be Complainian who gets it
Your hatred of arguably the best player in the National Football League is comical at best.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

poptart wrote:Oakland's next four divison games are

KC
@KC
Denver
San Diego

They'll probably win all three home games and of course slap KC down on the road.

The Raiders will do to KC just about the very same thing Jacksonville did.
You remember that feeling.
They'll run your @ss right into the ground.
Time of Possession seriously slanted in Oakland's favor.
Stop it....you're killing me with that utter drivel!! :lol:

The Primer and Black are improved, but NO WAY IN HELL do they beat the Chiefs twice this year.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

War Wagon wrote:Have you "observed" the ' duhs record against the AFC West lately?
0-1
Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

The game will be close and all of our young players will be pumped since it will be a home game away from home. Charger fan is pathetic and the Raider fan will be in full force. '

Our offensive line is not the same one your steroid freak LB was slicing through last year and there will not be a 2 headed monster in the back field this week, it will be three with Rhodes back in the line up arguably last years super bowl MVP. That fat QB that was mentioned had 3 rushing touchdowns idiots. Nobody fears McClown or Walters throwing the rock but an accurate and mobile Donte will have cara de pina tossing and turning. Can't wait to hear the boooooooooo's by the end of the first half when time of possession is in our favor and the score reads 13-7 Raiders.

Final score:
Raiders 24
Dolts 17
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Raider Loco wrote:Raider fan will be in full force.
No doubt.

Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

poptart wrote: Oakland's next four divison games are

KC
@KC
Denver
San Diego
Hate to say, but I see 4 Raider wins there.
Just make sure KC Paul isn't there. He's personally responsible for every Chefs home win. If he's not there, the Chefs are fucked.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

mvscal wrote:
Raider Loco wrote:Raider fan will be in full force.
No they won't. 0 for the last 7 should have told you that.
What fucking fairy tale world are you living in, you goddamn dumbfuck?

Win or Lose, L.A. Raiderfan can always be counted on to come down here, overtake the stadium, and turn this fucking city upside down.

Every. Fucking. Year.

At this point, Your best option is shutting the fuck up and taking the impending beatdown that will be occuring on the field and in the parking lot.

Raiders-34

Blots-20

LaBabyian weeps like a gushing snatch after this game.....again.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

On Fridays I see people wearing jerseys from many NFL teams around here. Majority are Chargers, but I've seen more Cinci, Philly, Atlanta, etc. you name it jerseys lately than I have Raiders.

Last night on my way home I did see about 4 cop cars pulled over on the side of the road with one SUV decorated with a large sticker on the back window. And you guessed it. It was a Raider logo.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Warren out, Jordan and Burgess doubtful for Raiders in showdown vs. Chargers
Associated Press

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Oakland defensive tackle Gerard Warren will miss the Raiders' game Sunday at San Diego, and defensive end Derrick Burgess and running back LaMont Jordan are doubtful.

» Fantasy injury report: Week 6 Warren has not practiced since injuring his thigh Oct. 4, but Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said Friday he does not expect the injury to be a long-term problem.

Burgess, a two-time Pro Bowler, has missed the previous two games with an injured calf and has been limited in practice all week. Kiffin said he would wait to see how Burgess feels during warmups before deciding whether to activate him.

Jordan left Oakland's previous game against Miami on Sept. 30 with a back injury and has been limited since then.

"LaMont feels the worst he's felt for years," Kiffin said. "So we'll go down there and take him out early (to warm up) and see if he can go."

The Raiders also re-signed safety Jarrod Cooper, who had been released over the summer after being given a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's policy on steroids.

Cooper was a valuable special teams player for the Raiders the past three seasons, and Oakland has struggled in that phase so far this season. Cooper replaces safety B.J. Ward, who was released earlier this week.

"I know he's excited to be here," Kiffin said. "And sometimes the best comes out of people when they have something taken away from them. We're hoping that happens with him."

Cooper will not be active Sunday.

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

trev wrote:On Fridays I see people wearing jerseys from many NFL teams around here. Majority are Chargers, but I've seen more Cinci, Philly, Atlanta, etc. you name it jerseys lately than I have Raiders.

Last night on my way home I did see about 4 cop cars pulled over on the side of the road with one SUV decorated with a large sticker on the back window. And you guessed it. It was a Raider logo.
Yeah, Vag Discharge fans never get arrested. I mean, the jails here are filled with every other NFL teams fans.

:meds:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Burgess' absence has hurt the Raider pass rush significantly.
I had hopes he'd be ready this week.
Oh well, injuries hit everyone.

Warren has played well.
I'm sorry he won't play.
T. Sands just gets more reps.
He'll do alright.

I don't see Oakland consistently stopping SD from moving the ball.
The key will be holding them to FGs.
That and one or two turnovers.

If LaMont is out it isn't great news, but with Rhodes being back, and Fargas at full strength, I'm not that worried.
The O-line, FB, and TE are what makes the running game go.

This would be a VERY big win if Oakland can get it.
If not, it's hardly crippling.
A loss for SD hurts them a LOT worse than a Raider loss hurts Oakland.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I found this take on another site and think its right on.

Are the Raiders good? Or not? At times they look decent but they have a number of problems to contend with. They haven't really had a QB that can deliver the ball so their passing game is bad, and their league leading per game rusher LaMont Jordan, looks like he will be contending with a back injury all season long. The Raiders are better than last year as the approach to coaching the team is better but it will take a year to take a step forward after taking two steps back last season.

LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates roll hard and heavy on Sunday.

Prediction: San Diego Chargers 24 - Oakland Raiders 14
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oakland hasn't done much with their passing game, true, but they are 6th in the league in scoring and 9th in offensive yards.
Not bad.
They've begun to forge an identity as a run-first team.

Culpepper was right on the money for 2 TD strikes v. Miami.
That's money.

I like Oakland's chances to move the ball v. SD as much as I do visa versa.

It's still early in the season.
This game will tell us a lot more about both teams.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I've thought about this and came to the conclusion that the Chargers need to really show up to dominate this game. My head says the score is close. My heart says the Chargers blow this team out. Chargers will bring the heart.

Conclusion:

Duhs 17

Chargers 34

P.S. (Toddowen bites.)
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Some pretty good analysis in this thread plus the usual RJ myopia. One thing missing to this point (unless I missed it) NO SIG challenges. I'm throwin' it down here and now...season sig..any Duh fans willing to put there sig where there drivel is?

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Good win, Charger fan.

The score indictes a mild beatdown, and truthfully, it shouldn't have been that close.
SD was in control the whole way.

The Raiders had a chance to stay in the game at the end of the first half -- one yard line -- but pissed down their leg and left 7 big points on the field.

Could have easily been 14-14 game at half.

But hey, LT for 198.

He's a bitch, but the Raiders are his everlasting bitch, so what does that make them?

poptart wrote:It's still early in the season.
This game will tell us a lot more about both teams.
The Raiders, off the bye week, came out very flat.
They might as well have slept through the first quarter.

14-0, and forced to pass, they were exposed.

How many fumbles did Culpepper have, 11??
I lost count .....

6 sacks?

Kiffin's got the program headed up, but this week indicates they're not ready to seriously compete with the stronger teams around.

SD on the other hand, has plenty of talent.
They'll win their share of games, but ultimately the Norv brick tied to your leg will sink y'all.

Marty would have won this game by 4TDs.

sayin'
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

A good win for the Bolts but honestly, as pops said, they should have won by a lot more.

Too many mistakes on both sides of the ball. That int that Rivers threw was fucking atrocious.

They were fortunate to be playing a bumbling, fumbling Raider team and to have a RB who outright owns the Black and Silver.
Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

Son of a bitch! What was the name on that fucking truck that ran over us for 5 TD's? I was hoping for the win but I knew it was going to take us controlling the football and that never happened. Good win for pineapple face against his former team but last time he did that he didn't win another game (wishful thinking). Payback at the end of the year I hope, nothing to hang our heads Raider Nation, like Pops said it would of been a bigger loss for the Dolts than for us. Were getting better, this is not a 2-14 team, they don't give up!
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

"but ultimately the Norv brick tied to your leg will sink y'all."

...after the fourth and one punt I had the same haunting feeling Pop. It's gonna happen. We'll just have to enjoy the wins and hope you're worng.

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Fuck this..............

Lets be honest here, my Raider bretheren..................JaMarcus=Domination. Nothing more, nothing less until he takes the reigns. The rest is bullshit until then.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Raydah James wrote:Fuck this..............

Lets be honest here, my Raider bretheren..................JaMarcus=Domination. Nothing more, nothing less until he takes the reigns. The rest is bullshit until then.
JaMarcus Russell= Ryan Leaf WITHOUT the attitude
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

SD won the battle up front on both sides of the ball.

They have, easily, the best run defense in the West.

Kiffin is doing a super job with the Raiders.
This is a building year.
They need another draft and off-season.
There are holes to fill.
A young and active DT, a savvy safety who can BRING IT, and another WR, are on my wish list.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Jamal Williams = immovable object.
Olshansky and Castillo are solid and with the speed at linebacker they are very hard to run against.
Eric Weddle is also solid against the run.
Biggest problem that the Bolts have on defense is that their secondary gets burned too often.
Also Merriman's little dance is way past getting old. Dude needs to grow up a little.

The Raiders are looking a lot better, but will Al be able to let Kiffin succeed?
Hopefully for the Duhs their QB saviour of the future will really pan out, because Culpepper appears to have developed manos de piedra.