Grade your team's performance

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

A MINUS on a 51-13 beatdown?

WAZZU (45-17 win v. SDSU @ Quest Field, Seattle)

Passing Offense: A+
How's this for numbers: Alex Brink: 38/47 472 yards 5 TD, 1 int.

Rushing Offense: B
Really didn't have to do much with Brink throwing it all over the field.

Passing D: C
At least they were on the field this week.

Rushing D: C+
Were OK after giving up a long D early

Special Teams: B
Still would like someone whe could put a better leg into a kickoff.

Overall: B+
Good bounceback game after rough opener. D still needs work but was better albeit against lesser opponent.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Offense - D

Defense - C-
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

I thought we were awesome today.

No turnovers.

No mistakes.

No penalties.

No points scored against us.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

LSU - A+ all around the board. Total ass whipping.

Brent Musberger - F as in F YOU old bastard! If you and Kirk Herbstreet are going to continue to suck the PAC ONE and USC's dick, at least do it calling one of their games.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Yeah, but 0 total yards on offense is something that can't make Petey happy. That shit won't fly against Kal.
FTFY
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:Yeah, but 0 total yards on offense is something that can't make Petey happy. That shit won't fly against Oregon.
FTFY
Now it's right.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Huskers:

Offense C-
Keller was quite unimpressive, putting the ball on the turf and missing too many targets. I still wonder if BC's system is too complicated for the college-game. Marlon Lucky still isn't living-up to his hype. The O-line wasn't dominant but OK.

Defense B-
Wake dropped the ball on an easy td. As usual our secondary was unimpressive-out of position and/or missing-tackles. Ruud looked like crap, hardly looked like preseason all-SBC let-alone all-Big12. Wake was working with their back-up qb, hard to say how much affect that had. But we did limit them to a fairly-low score and made some needed stops.

Special Teams C-
Where the hell is out return game? Four years in for this staff and we don't have shit for kick or punt returns? Sad. But we do have an upgrade in the kicking dept, our new guy can seriously boom 'em.

We came away from visitting a decent opponent with a W, that is good, but we gotta play way better in Lincoln next week to have any kind of shot against USC.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Run offense: A-: We finally lined up with a FB!!!! It seemed to work as Jamaal Charles had 134 yards on 22 carries. He is the first back in 20 games to run for 100 against TCU.

Pass Offense: C+: Dink and dunk. Colt threw 2 int's and both led to points. He had a really nice pass where he was flushed out of the pocket and hit Nate Jone for a TD. Colt needs to look at other receivers. They bracketed Limus. It was good to have others step. They get a C+ because 10 of TCU's 13 points came off of interceptions

Pass Defense: B: They held TCU to 200 yards. Granted, 100 came in trash time. But we should not have given up all those yards. Very physical. When a TCU receiver got the ball he was hit in the mouth.

Run Defense: A: Solid. TCU had 43 yards on 25 carries. That is dominance in the trenches.

Special Teams: B: We had a punt blocked that resulted in a TD but our coverage on Kick offs in the first half sucked. Hunter Lawrence has a great leg as the 2nd half kicks wound up 5 yards deep

Overall: B+: We won but we didn't score in the first half.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Run Offense - A Auburn held Kansas State in check last week. We had to establish a running game and we got good yardage out of a couple of our RB's and QB.

Passing Offense - B+ I was a bit disappointed that we didn't try a couple of shots downfield, but Grothe was very efficient and our WR held on the ball this week and made a couple of nice catches on overthrows.

Run Defense - B Auburn had a couple of sustained drives when they were running it down our throat. We made the necessary halftime adjustments and shut it down nicely in the second half.

Pass Defense - A Excellent coverage all night and a couple of nice INTs and many pass break ups.

Special teams - Returns - A New return men had big returns that set us up nicely. Punting was also much better than last week.
Field Goal Kicking - D It should be an F, but Alvarado did hit a couple of field goals afetr missing his first 3.

Overall - A Not many teams go into Jordan Hare and get a W.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

This is the worst start to a season I've ever seen for a Michigan team...that just about sums it up.

The only positive I can point to is that Mike Hart is the 4th leading rusher in the nation.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Offense: c+ pretty shaky at first, then got rolling a little bit.

Defense: A - the constant zone makes me cringe...but generally speaking, this is a simply monstrous unit.

I think Jay Paterno should be fired. There's just no excuse for the lack of QB development under his auspices at PSU.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
minorthreat
Elwood

Post by minorthreat »

F...the whole team.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Good Dennis showed up... offense gets an A all around. The whole unit was firing on all cylinders, and the country should expect more of the same every time Good Dennis shows up. When he's got the confidence and the swagger that goes with it, there's no better player in the country.

Defense -- well... it was better than last week. They didn't see nearly as good blocking as they did last week, though. The middle was still soft, but at least some of the holes were getting filled eventually, rather than giving a free pass into the secondary, so they showed improvement. Going to have to improve more if they want to keep teams like Kal and USC from dropping 83 points on them, though. Same story -- the front 7 are struggling, the back 4 are solid, solid.

Overall -- forget all the hype, the drama, and all of the UM Sky is falling talk... went into the Big House, and came out with a win. That building passes out asskickings like no other. If as a fan, you're not happy with that, then you need to rethink some priorities.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Rushing offense D: No big plays. No creativity. No Hugh Charles. No fumbles, at least.

Passing offense C-: Hawkins looked a lot more like a RS freshman in this game. His WRs dropped at least 2 sure TDs, so you can't fault the kid for that. I'd like to see him scramble a little bit more instead of throwing the ball away at the first sign of pressure.

Rushing defense B-: Can't blame this loss on the front seven.

Passing defense D: Same story as last week. Outside of Wheatley's pick 6, CU's secondary looked porous again. At least they got some pressure on Carpenter, but there was no support behind it.

Special teams C-: The return game from week 1 went AWOL. Eberhart made his only FG attempt, but they ended up taking it off the board. The fake punt call was questionable, to say the least.

Overall D+: As ugly as CU played, ASU seemed to want to play just as ugly, and this game could've gone differently had the WRs remembered how to catch wide open passes. I really hope Hugh Charles is back for FSU.
"Keys, woman!"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Mizzou

Offense: B+ till they put teams away while up 28, they dont get an A. The offense is one of the best in college football, homerish or not, they are that good. Daniel is picking teams apart, and has finally begin to look downfield, the dink and donk shit wont work against OU, their corners and coaching is too good, they will allow a 6yard out go for 13 yards, so they can sit on the next one and take it the other way. Maclin is as advertised, a gambreaker everytime he touches the ball. T-Rucker, best tight end in country, and now he's getting carries from the QB position and averaging almost 7 yards per carry.

Defense: D+ i could badger the guys, but i'm beginning to think its the coaching and the scheme. They have a lot of talent and speed on defense, but it seems noone is aware what the defensive call or where to lineup. When they had to make big stops, they made them, but they were fucking torched by the running game yet another week. the green kid for ole miss is fucking good, but u knew u had to stop him and still didnt do it.

coaching: D going up 35-7 2 minutes into 3rd quarter and all u get is 3 more points rest of game? same old folding up and allowing teams to come back Pinkel. Fuck you gary,

yeah, western michigan and illinois st to come : m2ool: woohooooo i bet the fans come out in groves for those games!
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

F.

Go Blue!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

WolverineSteve wrote:F.
Considering the players quit early, an Incomplete might be more in order.
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Good Dennis showed up... offense gets an A all around. The whole unit was firing on all cylinders, and the country should expect more of the same every time Good Dennis shows up. When he's got the confidence and the swagger that goes with it, there's no better player in the country.

Defense -- well... it was better than last week. They didn't see nearly as good blocking as they did last week, though. The middle was still soft, but at least some of the holes were getting filled eventually, rather than giving a free pass into the secondary, so they showed improvement. Going to have to improve more if they want to keep teams like Kal and USC from dropping 83 points on them, though. Same story -- the front 7 are struggling, the back 4 are solid, solid.

Overall -- forget all the hype, the drama, and all of the UM Sky is falling talk... went into the Big House, and came out with a win. That building passes out asskickings like no other. If as a fan, you're not happy with that, then you need to rethink some priorities.
That score shoulda been a lot worse. Y'all whipped their ass every which way.
amen to that brother
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
Bearcat92
Crack Whore

Post by Bearcat92 »

Cincinnati 34
Oregon State 3

Offense: D

Hardly any running game (F) and a decent passing game (C). They did enough to win though.

Defense: A

Oregon State didn't move the ball until they were down by 31. The defense whacked the crap out of them all night. Like Mike Riley said after the game......"they were all over us".

Overall: B+

Great result but we'll need to play much better to beat Louisville, Rutgers, West Virginia, or USF.
Last edited by Bearcat92 on Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

FSU:
Offense C
Defense C
Special Teams B+
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Syracuse ---
there is aneed to create a new grade level-- the "Infra F" and I give the Orangemen that grade in all aspects of the Iowa game. Don't feel so bad Wolverine fans, at least you have Mike Hart !

---oh, my aching head !
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."