I'm too fuckin' old for this.....

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Welcome to my world.

thought I'd save everyone the trouble.

Seriously, that sucks, Mace. 102 here today. My A/C has been humming along non-stop for the past two weeks straight, keeping casa de wagon moderately tolerable. I can't wait to see my electric bill. Well, maybe I can. :shock:

Hey, at least you folks have been getting some rain. It hasn't pissed a drop here in nigh on 6 weeks. My lawn is parched. Finally broke down and started watering a few days back. Can't wait to see that bill as well.

August in the Midwest is the most miserable month of the year. I'll take ice storms, blizzards, and sub zero weather over this non-stop blistering heat.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

dins left coast good ocean smack in 3...2....
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote:August in the Midwest is the most miserable month of the year. I'll take ice storms, blizzards, and sub zero weather over this non-stop blistering heat.
Same here. This outdoor blast furnace crap gets old in a hurry.

I do take joy in the fact, however, that at least Jim Nance had to deal with it this week. I hope to God that motherfucker's A/C went out in his car and his booth. Faggot.

Mace, I feel for ya. Damn, if I were you I'd probably just check the family into a motel room for the night. I don't know how you managed to sleep at all in this shit.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mace wrote:I considered the motel route but decided that I'd let my kids get a taste of what their old man and all of their ancestors suffered through every summer day/night without the benefit of an air conditioner. Maybe they'll have a little more appreciation for things that we now all take for granted. Probably not.
yeah, that'll teach 'em! :lol:

I grew up in a big two story house built in 1909 in the inner city. I can still remember those horrible nights trying to sleep in my 2nd floor bedroom when the temp never went below 90. A window fan was all we had. I guess attic fans hadn't been invented yet. So even when it cools down somewhat outside, you've still got this broiling oven cooking right above your head.

Good times, not so much.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Yea it got up to 80 degrees in my house today so i decided enough of this shit and opened up the windows :lol:

WAR living 10 minutes from the beach in socal.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

chargerfan wrote:Yea it got up to 80 degrees in my house today so i decided enough of this shit and opened up the windows :lol:

2nd this.

I live about 7 miles from the beach as well. (North County, even)

There was a shooting a few miles from me, about an hour ago.

I guess it's a "give n' take"?
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

War Wagon wrote: My A/C has been humming along non-stop for the past two weeks straight
My A/C has been running non-stop since March. Quit whining. :P
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

cinderella_undercover wrote:
chargerfan wrote:Yea it got up to 80 degrees in my house today so i decided enough of this shit and opened up the windows :lol:

2nd this.

Vista?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

About 56 degrees here, on its way to 81 or so.

Horrible, I tell you.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Mikey wrote:

2nd this.

Vista?
Vista is still fairly nice. I'm going to guess Oceanside. There's a gang-related shooting there every five minutes.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Dinsdale wrote:About 56 degrees here, on its way to 81 or so.

Horrible, I tell you.
Yeah, but in order to get that weather you have to live in Oregon. Pass, thanks.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

2nd this.

3rd.

Right on the water here, so when it hit 78 I decided to open 2 more windows than usual.

I didnt hear anything about a shooting............and im in Carlsbad, home of the phrase "You lost, son?" to anything not colored white.

OCmike wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:About 56 degrees here, on its way to 81 or so.

Horrible, I tell you.
Yeah, but in order to get that weather you have to live in Oregon. Pass, thanks.
RACK
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

OCmike wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Vista?
Vista is still fairly nice. I'm going to guess Oceanside. There's a gang-related shooting there every five minutes.
You got it.

Tsk tsk tsk, fuggin' Oceanslime. http://www.northcountytimes.com/article ... 794120.txt
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Raydah James wrote: ........and im in Carlsbad, home of the phrase "You lost, son?" to anything not colored white.
One question......"Elm", or "Carlsbad Village Drive"?!

Hahahaha!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Still known as Elm around here.

You know things are turning upside down whey they're getting $1.5 million for homes 2 blocks from Hill Street near the train station.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Mikey wrote:Still known as Elm around here.
Please tell me you weren't one of those tools rollin' around with that bumper sticker that said....."Carlsbad Village Drive", the LOCALS call it "Elm"?!

Hey, have you tried that Cuban restaurant on Coast Highway, about a mile or so North of the tracks?!

I hear it's pretty good?

I'm a big fan of "Fidel's".

(no, not "Castro")
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

During my trip out west, I came to the conclusion that for the month of july, anyway, jellystone park has weather 'bode on everybody. yes, even you, socals. Yellowstone air is a bit more transparent than that shit you breathe. every day there was about low 80s and perfectly clear. nights were high 40s low fifties.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mikey wrote:Still known as Elm around here.
Please tell me you weren't one of those tools rollin' around with that bumper sticker that said....."Carlsbad Village Drive", the LOCALS call it "Elm"?!

Hey, have you tried that Cuban restaurant on Coast Highway, about a mile or so North of the tracks?!

I hear it's pretty good?

I'm a big fan of "Fidel's".

(no, not "Castro")
Nah, I don't really GARA one way or the other about Elm Street. I live in Fallbrook.
Carlsbad can do whatever TF they want to try and make believe they're a quaint "village".

My OL grew up in Carlsbad, though, and I work near Palomar airport. Haven't seen the Cuban place, but I used to go to Fidel's a lot. Especially many years ago we used to go to the original one in Eden Gardens (Solana Beach) when I used to live down there. That place was (is) classic. I had many a drunken feast in that dive. That reminds me, I need to take my kids there someday before I die.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If I remember right there was also Tony's Jacal and the Blue Bird down there. Best neighborhood for Mexican food anywhere, including Old Town.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Mikey wrote:Best neighborhood for Mexican food anywhere, including Old Town.
Alright, see....there's this place I REALLY like in Old Town, but it has the WORST name EVER!

Who the HELL names their eating establishment "Casa de Bandini"?

WTF?!!
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Raydah James wrote: ........and im in Carlsbad, home of the phrase "You lost, son?" to anything not colored white.

Hahahaha!

Neither.

Cove Drive on Carlsbad Lagoon, baby. Peace and quiet with the ability to launch the boat and still bike/jog/walk to the beach less than a mile away.

Loves me some Fidels though.............good eats at that locale.

Mikey wrote:
Carlsbad can do whatever TF they want to try and make believe they're a quaint "village".

Quaint? No. A kickass "village" with a fuckload of shit to do within walking distance? Yes.
I live in Fallbrook
Ah, Fallbrook-The place where people who cant afford to live in San Diego move to. Southern Temecula can do whatever TF they want to try and make believe they're part of "San Diego", but those who live here know the truth.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Raydah James wrote:

Hahahaha!

Neither.

Cove Drive on Carlsbad Lagoon, baby. Peace and quiet with the ability to launch the boat and still bike/jog/walk to the beach less than a mile away.

No, see....that was supposed to be a crack on the "debate" between the locals, and the City of Carlsbad back in the 90's.

I wasn't really asking which...........awwwwwwwwscrewit.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

smackaholic wrote:During my trip out west, I came to the conclusion that for the month of july, anyway, jellystone park has weather 'bode on everybody. yes, even you, socals. Yellowstone air is a bit more transparent than that shit you breathe. every day there was about low 80s and perfectly clear. nights were high 40s low fifties.

Shut your fucking cock catcher you Cuntecticut faggot-your laughable location means you get no voice in this conversation. Period.

Enjoy your shit weather, tard.

:lol:
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Raydah James wrote:
cinderella_undercover wrote: One question......"Elm", or "Carlsbad Village Drive"?!

Hahahaha!

Neither.

No, see....that was supposed to be a crack on the "debate" between the locals, and the City of Carlsbad back in the 90's.

I wasn't really asking which...........awwwwwwwwscrewit.
I was born and raised in L.A. (RACK ME) and moved here about 4 years ago, so any inside jokes pertaining to local tard squabbles is lost on me. The only jokes I (as well as this entire city) am aware of center around the names "Padres" and "Chargettes". Oh, and "San Diego Sports" used together in a sentnce usually gets a laugh or 80.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Raydah James wrote: I was born and raised in L.A. (RACK ME) and moved here about 4 years ago, so any inside jokes pertaining to local tard squabbles is lost on me. The only jokes I (as well as this entire city) am aware of center around the names "Padres" and "Chargettes". Oh, and "San Diego Sports" used together in a sentnce usually gets a laugh or 80.
RACK!!!

I'm from Pacoima. (me, AND Ritchie Valens)

Hahahaha!
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Raydah James wrote: I was born and raised in L.A. (RACK ME) and moved here about 4 years ago, so any inside jokes pertaining to local tard squabbles is lost on me. The only jokes I (as well as this entire city) am aware of center around the names "Padres" and "Chargettes". Oh, and "San Diego Sports" used together in a sentnce usually gets a laugh or 80.
RACK!!!

I'm from Pacoima. (me, AND Ritchie Valens)

Hahahaha!
RACK

Ive been through there once or thrice, and accidentally hit up some EPIC place called El Huarache Veloz on Glenoaks Bully. Sound familiar?

Anyhow, lets not lose sight of what this thread is for: Namely, laughing at all the tards who dont live where we do....

buwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

[marq=right] :lol: :hfal: :lol: [/marq]
[marq=left] :lol: :hfal: :lol: [/marq]
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Mikey wrote:
Vista?
Fuck that.

XP is enough of a piece of shit. It'll be another 5 years before Windows 2006 quits sucking like smackaholic with a turbocharger
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Mikey wrote:

2nd this.

Vista?
No right on the border of SM and Carlsbad. Straight shot down palomar airport road to the water.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

faiduh, you are right. Our weather ain't the best. It gets cold and shitty in the winter and now and then the humidity can suck ass, but, our fukking weather is almost sandiego like compared to the 314 and the rest of the midwest for that matter. Good lord what makes folks live there? The midwest is like northeast weather on baroid's "supplements". fukk that. AC should be a convenience, not a fukking life support system.

I have an AC downstairs, seeing as I don't live in your little weather utopia, but, guess what, I rarely need it. Crank up the whole house fan in the evening for an hour or two and all you need is the ceiling fan on low. About 3 days a year, I find myself thinking I need to get a bedroom AC, but, I'll take that over wondering if my house is gonna get swallowed up in the next inferno or maybe slide into a different zipcode if it rains a little.

Cudes, I could have a turbo, a supercharger, direct injection, variable valve timing, and nitrous.......and I still couldn't suck as hard as you do.... at idle.

You are the fukking saturn 5 rocket motor of suck.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Good point, Lames…

After all, what IS the Flyover without:

Smog
People
Gangs
Drive-by shootings
Riots
Two hour commutes
TV helicopter chases
Hippies
High taxes
Fucked up ballot initiatives
Traffic jams
”Medical” marijuana
Over-inflated real estate
Nancy Pelosi
An “unlivable” cost of living
Illegals
Over-rated football
Bilingual education
San Francisco
Steaks served smothered with “sauce”….

Feel your pain, Mace: I work in this soup. That said, rack your take on winter. I’d rather drip than hafta clap my hands just to regain the feeling in my double-gloved fingers.

War Four Seasons….
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Truman wrote: Over-inflated real estate
I've got no problems with these 2-they keep all of the riffraff and sister banging shitbags firmly in the midwest and out of this beautiful city.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Raydah James wrote:
Truman wrote: Over-inflated real estate
I've got no problems with these 2-they keep all of the riffraff and sister banging shitbags firmly in the midwest and out of this beautiful city.
:lol:

...Sez the RaiduhFan that regularly sports man-"mousse" in his hair...

BTW, Loser, the only shitbags we bang here in the Flyover are your sister's. Tell me you knew...

:razz:
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Raydah James wrote:......accidentally hit up some EPIC place called El Huarache Veloz on Glenoaks Bully. Sound familiar?

Anyhow, lets not lose sight of what this thread is for: Namely, laughing at all the tards who dont live where we do....
Nahhh, I really haven't been back for more than a few hours at a time, since each set of grandparents bailed outta Sylmar and Northridge after the 6.7 in '94.

I visit Eden Memorial and Mt. Sinai every now and again, but just don't have much reason to actually STAY in town.

I'm prolly just gonna sit this "battle of the climates" out, maybe go grab an ice blended fruit smoothie.....and cruise the coast in my Jeep with the top down. Yeeaaah, I can pretty much do this ALL YEAR LONG.

(the JEEP top, dammit.....the JEEP top!)

I do agree with the list of Cali downfalls though. Hahaha! But, how many of those reasons (aside for the "cost of living") can you HONESTLY say would keep you from living here?
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Raydah James wrote:......accidentally hit up some EPIC place called El Huarache Veloz on Glenoaks Bully. Sound familiar?

Nahhh, I really haven't been back for more than a few hours at a time, since each set of grandparents bailed outta Sylmar and Northridge after the 6.7 in '94.

I visit Eden Memorial and Mt. Sinai every now and again, but just don't have much reason to actually STAY in town.

I'm prolly just gonna sit this "battle of the climates" out, maybe go grab an ice blended fruit smoothie.....and cruise the coast in my Jeep with the top down. Yeeaaah, I can pretty much do this ALL YEAR LONG.

(the JEEP top, dammit.....the JEEP top!)

I do agree with the list of Cali downfalls though. Hahaha! But, how many of those reasons (aside for the "cost of living") can you HONESTLY say would keep you from living here?

You're alright.........now tell me you bleed Raider Silver and Black and i'll be all like ::swoon:: after I jump you into our gang, chica.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

shakes head and leaves

BAIT!
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Raydah James wrote:
You're alright.........now tell me you bleed Raider Silver and Black and i'll be all like ::swoon:: after I jump you into our gang, chica.
I'd rather eat my own ass with a plastic "spork", than be a Raiders fan, James.

** dealbreaker **
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Jimmy has always had an over inflated view of himself.

It started with his dick. THAT fantasy didn't last longer than his first day of Phys Ed in school.

Then it was his hair. Gel is still keeping THAT up.

Then his muscles. The fat cows he herds around the gym for money keep those up.

Then the imaginary punk rock band he claims to be a guitarist in. That concept died a very premature death when he revealed he was attracted to punk rock she-males.

Then there's his view of the raiders as a great team.....

Need I say more?
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Mister Bushice wrote: Then the imaginary punk rock band he claims to be a guitarist in.
Okay, wait.....NOW I'm intrigued?!

Just when I thought I was out, you PULL ME BACK IN?!!!
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Yeah. He tried to claim he was playing in a band, but he pussied out when I called him out on it.

He did post this pic of a punk rock chick he thought was hot. It was some titless leather bound he-she that looked like her own brother who plays guitar. There's a pic of her here somewhere. You had to squint through the drool in his post about her to even read it.

This all started when I mentioned some months ago that I was in a band that did covers of classic rock and blues, which jimmy has tried very hard to smack-morph into a hairspray* metal group, with little success.

And yeah I'm still in it, and still having fun with it. Always will.

* Which is rather ironic, considering the amount of gel the fucker goes through on a daily basis.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Raydah James wrote:
I was born and raised in L.A. (RACK ME)

....can't stop laughing....

Sin,

the chosen...

San Francisco