Time for Gary Bettman to act ....

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Time for Gary Bettman to act ....

Post by MuchoBulls »

he should be all over ESPN to negotiate a tv deal for the NHL now that NBA is going down the drain.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. As bad as this is for the NBA, I think it will go by the wayside once the season starts and people remember what this year's draft was like, and that they want to see what the likes of Greg Oden and Kevin Durant are made of.

I don't disagree with you, though. This is a prime opportunity to do something, ANYTHING, to help the NHL. Hell, maybe they should start running ads that say, "The NHL. Mick McGeough may be blind, but at least he's not on the take."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

ESPN is an absolute embarassment of a network but its the #1 sports network in this country. I know Bettman gets off on the fact he's top dog on Versus but that's not really say much for a network that airs rib cook-offs and a Ted Nugent reality show. It would help get the league exposure I guess it depends on how desperate the league is for any attention. The league is doing well financially...why not try to get some more TV money and perhaps ticket prices can finally go down a little.

I think ticket prices are still ridiculous...especially in Detroit. I think WingFan is getting punished for all of the high-priced teams that went out early in the playoffs in recent years. The only thing they've done is tried to reach out to the season ticket holders and not the average Joes that can only afford a couple games a year...like myself for example.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

As bad as ESPN is, it is still worlds better than being on Versus.
Dreams......Temporary Madness