Coastal slobs are some lazy, selfish bastiches

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Re: Coastal slobs are some lazy, selfish bastiches

Post by Risa »

Goober McTuber wrote:It's not just real estate. What’s happening is that idiots are failing. Nothing new. I would never consider buying a house without being represented by either:

1) One of several good realtors that I know, or
2) (holdmynose)An attorney(/holdmynose).
You're right.

So those who can't afford a non-Hammer type attorney, and don't have the connections to 'several good realtors' should be given more sympathy. As the article said, people were being pushed into subprime rates. I don't know anything about buying a home. What is the best way to shop around for a rate without damaging your credit rating or wasting your money (by the way: isn't there a new law in effect that makes it more expensive for such companies to check multiple rates, so those costs are passed on to you through less choices and higher rates? I thought this was brought up a while ago, here)?
Either of those would steer you away from a teaser/ARM loan, and into a house you could afford.
The house you can afford may be as overpriced as the house you want; it just won't be in as good condition. Particularly if you're a minority meeting up with one of your friends who will provide you personally with a great deal, but isn't above Block Busting techniques to sell to someone else.

Off topic, I read a column in the newspaper about some home sellers who were adamant that they shouldn't be responsible for an issue in the home they sold because the appraiser didn't catch it. They knew the issue existed, they just thought that if the appraiser put their stamp on something that left the sellers free and clear in the future from claims if the appraiser didn't catch. It was on the appraiser and on the buyer, not them. They were wrong.

These companies aren't here to get you into a great home for you. They're there to make money. Some companies also make a pledge to look out for you. It's always best to assume they will not -- even if they are your friends, right?
BTW, 6.75% is not outrageously high for a mortgage. As a buyer, you have to look at what you can afford, and that will be affected by loan rates. I refinanced a few years ago at 5.375%, and yes, I’m quite happy that my checks clear.
What is your credit rating range? if I may ask.
And I believe that it’s already been pointed out that homeowners of all races have fallen victim to the subprime lenders. You tedious, race-baiting cunt.
I haven't said they weren't. But I pointed out an article which states that blacks and latinos have been disporportionately affected by subprime rates.

I don't want anyone to lose their home, and I think it's abominable what's happening in housing... particularly, as I said, people demanding premium prices for mediocre shit, like it's some kind of neighborly oneupmanship. But most especially what's happening in regards to sells to illegals using stolen and questionably obtained information to artificially jack up prices moreso.

People just want a place to live, that's their own. Emergencies happen. Situations change. That 'good friend' in the business pulls a Gold's Gym when shit comes due. Life happens. Please don't deny that bad shit happens to good intentioned people, even good intentioned people who are black or citizen latino.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Risa wrote:So those who can't afford a non-Hammer type attorney, and don't have the connections to 'several good realtors' should be given more sympathy.
No, they should realize that if they can't afford a decent lawyer, they shouldn't be buying a house in the first fucking place. Seriously, if you can't afford $350 legal bill, you shouldn't be thinking about leveraging yourself to the tune of 100-200 thousand dollars or more.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

You don't need a lawyer or even a "crack" RE agent (most go into RE because they've failed at everything else or are too lazy to work for a living) to successfully buy a home and not get fucked.

What you do need is at least a marginally functioning brain and the willingness to use it. If you're too lazy to research a major purchase and the financing that goes with it then shouldn't be in the market in the first place.

WC Fields had it right.
"Never give a sucker an even break".

Don't be sucker (and then bitch about it).
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

BSmack wrote:
Risa wrote:So those who can't afford a non-Hammer type attorney, and don't have the connections to 'several good realtors' should be given more sympathy.
No, they should realize that if they can't afford a decent lawyer, they shouldn't be buying a house in the first fucking place. Seriously, if you can't afford $350 legal bill, you shouldn't be thinking about leveraging yourself to the tune of 100-200 thousand dollars or more.
Why in hell would you need a lawyer to purchase a house? I never heard of ANYBODY hiring a lawyer for this purpose. Are the RE laws in CA that different than everywhere else?
Risa

Post by Risa »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Mike the Lab Rat wrote:I was going to do some charity work.

But then the compelling arguments of Terry and Bri in the other thread convinced me that charity is the government's job.
If that's the case, then you misunderstood my argument.

I reject the notion that charity work is an either/or proposition. Both/and works for me. I'm actually less concerned with who does it than whether it gets done. Obviously it's not getting done, at least not to the extent it needs to be.
Guido is just being a dork. He must have blown someone for that award.
mvscal wrote:
Risa wrote:And while some of you snicker at blacks for not being the beasts of burden working for shit wages you think blacks should be honored to receive,
No. I snicker at dumbass neeegrrs for murdering, raping and robbing each other (mostly) while sponging their entire miserable existence off of the working taxpayers.

Wetbacks are kicking your asses, n...iggers. Not mine.
You are a wetback, Ginger LOL They're not kicking your ass, because you are them? Ok. But you have to remember, the only reason why illegals are 'kicking ass' is because they're allowed to. It's easy to make good money drug running, if the cops look the other way while you run those drugs. Same deal with illegals. You can't claim to be hot shit yourself, while your competitors are hobbled to the starting gate. You are only hot shit because your competitors are hobbled.

As for murders, rapes and robbery while sponging off working taxpayer......... must be nice to only fear deportation if you're caught, while American citizen -- of any color -- is looking at jail time and worse. Come back with a brand new name and 16 other fake identities, even steven. Come work for me. Meanwhile, American citizen has a criminal record, a felony record. Good luck in getting a job.

Off topic, I heard on a message board far far away that Florida recently rescinded a law -- the Jessica Lunsford law -- where construction crews must check worker's sex criminal history before working on schools. Is it because it's impossible to check the history of every illegal; or it's impossible to ensure that companies will deny work to folks who shouldn't be here, with sex criminal histories, willing to work for bottom of the barrel illegal alien prices?

or something else?

Anyway, so when you gonna send me that *smile shot?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Why in hell would you need a lawyer to purchase a house? I never heard of ANYBODY hiring a lawyer for this purpose. Are the RE laws in CA that different than everywhere else?
It’s not a bad idea to engage a lawyer to protect yourself from the negative aspects of unpermitted improvements.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Risa wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:BTW, 6.75% is not outrageously high for a mortgage. As a buyer, you have to look at what you can afford, and that will be affected by loan rates. I refinanced a few years ago at 5.375%, and yes, I’m quite happy that my checks clear.
What is your credit rating range? if I may ask.
What does that have to do with anything? 5.375% was the prevailing rate at the time. I refinanced a mortgage that was around 6.5%. I believe I had financed around $140,000 on the original loan. Had the initial rate been around 8%, I would have bought less house.

The rest of your post is not even worth addressing.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Risa wrote:Guido is just being a dork. He must have blown someone for that award.
Greetings, you tedious waste of skin. I see that once again you've decided to grace the board with that unique brand of insipid stupidity that comes from being a race-baiting one-trick pony and special breed of poster who is neither enlightening nor humorous. Nice to know that your complete ignorace is spread over all forms of human endeavor. If it weren't for the fact that you'll provide a large source of inorganic and organic n.utrients for the ecosystem upon your demise, I'd swear you were completely useless.

I know that the only recognition to which you are accustomed is being repeatedly kicked in your vacuous head time and again, but please feel free to leave your lonely-woman sexual fantasies out of any assumptions on how I won my teaching award. The fact is that the award winner, although presented by the PTSA, is chosen by students. Now, unless you want to go treading into accusations of pedophilia in order to try to justify how I could snag this award two of the last three years, kindly keep your drooling pie-hole shut and stick to one of the many other topics in which you know absolutely nothing.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Risa

Post by Risa »

Mikey, BSmack is right, though, for the same reason it's probably best to have an attorney look over paperwork for the purchase of a car. If there's papers to sign, it's always best to have an attorney look over shit, just to be on the safe side -- if you can afford it.

I don't know if Bsmack's $350 is ball park. I've never owned a house before; I'm just gonna say 'that looks cheap.' Who was it here who had the issues with attorneys padding expenses, and then caught the attorney in writing further padding in retaliation when the issue was pressed, a couple years ago? It was either 88 or YT. My memory is gone. But that shit scared the hell out of me :lol:

Oh, and mvscal, the only way I can see you agreeing that blacks and latinos are pushed into subprime rates more often even when they qualify for better rates, after denying that it's true in the first place, is if you want to go there that race -- and not personal credit history -- should be a consideration when offering rates.

Do you really want to go there? I don't think even Dinsdale's bubble ass would want to go there. Dinsdale's a lot of things, but the boy is usually fair.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Risa wrote:But I pointed out an article which states that blacks and latinos have been disporportionately affected by subprime rates.

Yes, an article that "states" that... it provides no evidence, statistics, or anything besides "because I said so" type speculation.

Any time an "author" is that afriad of providing stats/numbers/evidence, there's an extremely good chance said "author" is completely full of shit.

Mikey wrote:Why in hell would you need a lawyer to purchase a house? I never heard of ANYBODY hiring a lawyer for this purpose.

That would be unusual, from what I've seen. The only time I think anyone would hire a lawyer to buy a house would be in a private contract(yeah, there's something you see every day), to make sure the dots and crosses are right. Occasionally you see someone hire an attorney to sell, but that's assuming it's sold by owner, and they want legal verification. Catch is, any decent realtor has filled out the paperwork probably more times than just about any lawyer, and if he was screwing it up, he probably wouldn't be licensed any more. Not a lot of point in doing so anyway, since in most deals, the seller is the one catching the RE fees, not the buyer -- buyer gets a free ride, more often than not.

BTW, Risa -- "appraisers" don't inspect a home for damage. The "inspector does." And I could be mistaken(NAHHHHH), but I think each state has slightly different, but similar laws regarding what liability an inspector has for failing to discover damages. I believe as a general rule, if it's something basic and fairly obvious that an inspector should have reasonably known, then there's a claim, since it's what you paid him(well) to do. If it's some oddball defect that's only apparent at certain times, or some other unusual circumstances, then he's got a defense. But remember, that guy has people accusing him of committing every evil in the history of Western Civilization at one point or another, and there is one universal rule of inspectors -- they have one hell of a lawyer, and any claim against them isn't to be taken lightly.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Risa

Post by Risa »

Goober, not everyone is being offered the same rates. So there must be something different about you. I'm assuming that difference is your credit rating. You're not ashamed of -- or embarassed by -- it, are you?

Guido, whatever. You were being a dork. I'm happy your students love you. (I had a history professor at UNM who was also beloved by the students. He was always getting student awards. He connected well with the students on a personal level. His opinion was sought on campus and off campus. He represented the University, and himself, well. That didn't keep him from being fired in the aftermath of September 11 because of a comment he made. Richard Berthold, wherever you are, you are still a god among pedagogues.)

But that doesn't change the fact that you were being a dork, G. You act like nobody's ever pricked you upside the head before.

Dinsdale, that just means I gotta find the column. Garbling of understanding is always possible. It was great, though. Usually columnists are conciliatory; this one wasn't angry, it just wasn't as conciliatory as usually. It was tough love.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Garbling of understanding is always possible.
You said a mouthful, Hindenburg-chest.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:
BSmack wrote:
I was just responding to Risa's post. When my wife and I went to buy a house, we picked the brain of a cousin of hers with 20+ years experience building homes. His insights on engineering inspections and realtors were invaluable. I'm just saying that if you don't know your way around the landscape, don't have friends or family that can help and don't have enough money to consult with an attorney to at least give you a clue as to what you are doing, then you might want to give your decision to buy a house a second, third and fourth thought.

BTW: I hired an attorney for the closing. And I'm glad I did. Let's just say that there's a right way to add up closing costs and a wrong way. And the bank attorneys chose the wrong way. He was more than worth the 350 I spent.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Risa wrote:Guido, whatever. You were being a dork.
"Dork?" I never cease to be amazed by what passes for incisive, witty dialogue from you. Small wonder that studies have shown that prolonged exposure to your idiotic posting actually makes people stupider.
Risa wrote:I'm happy your students love you. (I had a history professor at UNM who was also beloved by the students. He was always getting student awards. He connected well with the students on a personal level. His opinion was sought on campus and off campus. He represented the University, and himself, well. That didn't keep him from being fired in the aftermath of September 11 because of a comment he made. Richard Berthold, wherever you are, you are still a god among pedagogues.)
"This flashback brought to you by the misfiring of one of six of Risa's remaining neurons"
Risa wrote:But that doesn't change the fact that you were being a dork, G. You act like nobody's ever pricked you upside the head before.
Yeah, I just love it when a poster that is almost universally considered one of the best candidates for the "Well, At Least You Showed Up Award" at summer school decides to insinuate that I performed oral sex on one of my teenage students in order to get an award. My God, but you are one genuinely stupid human being. I've referred to posters before as "stupid" in the midst of flame wars, but you, I truly believe, are truly, deeply, deficient in the kinds of intellectual skills one would expect of a primate. The fact that you are able to mash out anything coherent and submit it here is no tribute to you, but is instead proof positive of the accessibility of the internet to individuals of all (dis)abilities. Next time I see Al Gore, I'll smack him in the head.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

I've chosen to make use of the scroll wheel on this go around with this shit troll, so I haven't read "Risa's" posts, but I'm about 105% certain that they're full of rhetoric and bullshit, so I'd like to take this opportunity to

RACK THE FUCK OUT OF MTLR!

Dude, my hat's off to you. I owe you a beer or ten for that blast.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Risa wrote:Goober, not everyone is being offered the same rates. So there must be something different about you. I'm assuming that difference is your credit rating. You're not ashamed of -- or embarassed by -- it, are you?

Actually, in real estate around these parts, the same rates are offered to everyone, as long as they qualify. If your credit isn’t that good, you might need more money down. Or a co-signer. Or they may steer you to an ARM loan. Which you deserve for not taking care of your credit. But as long as you qualify, the bank has to offer the same rate to everyone. Quit looking for oppression where it doesn’t exist, you tedious cunt.

Last time I looked, my rating was around 730.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Goober McTuber wrote:Last time I looked, my rating was around 730.
Good God, Goobs... if she asked you how big your cock was, would you have been shamed into divulging its size too? I mean, really.... who in the fuck falls for this bullshit:::
Risa wrote:You're not ashamed of -- or embarassed by -- it, are you?
Ugh.... Don't feed the troll!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Last time I looked, my rating was around 730.
Good God, Goobs... if she asked you how big your cock was, would you have been shamed into divulging its size too?
There would be no shame whatsoever.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, tell me more of this Goober's cock size thing.

Sin,
Lagos
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Goober McTuber wrote:I would never consider buying a house without being represented by either:

Either of those would steer you away from a teaser/ARM loan, and into a house you could afford.
The problem here is that, based on personal experience, by the time the attorney enters the picture, the purchase contract is usually a done deal. Of course, it doesn't have to be that way.

Around here, at least, the standard purchase contract for real estate is a fill-in-the-blank type deal that's been approved by the local Board of Realtors. There is a provision for a mortgage contingency, and that's going to be a part of most real estate contracts, except where you have the occasional purchaser who wants, and can afford, to pay cash. It's generally safe to assume that a seller will not reject a purchase offer solely because it contains a mortgage contingency, although never say never, of course.

The mortgage contingency contains fill-in-the-blank provisions for the type and terms of mortgage the purchaser wants to obtain. That's entirely the buyer's show. As long as the terms aren't patently unreasonable (e.g., 0% interest), no seller will object to those terms, since the seller doesn't care what your mortgage payments are, only that there's enough money to close the deal.

It may be a good idea to get an attorney involved in the stages of drawing up a purchase offer. If not, pay close attention to that provision, and you might actually want to put in terms which are somewhat better than you expect to get. That way, if you're approved for a mortgage with worse terms, you have the option to walk away from the deal without penalty, or you can continue with it if that's what you have your heart set on.
Risa wrote:I don't know if Bsmack's $350 is ball park. I've never owned a house before; I'm just gonna say 'that looks cheap.'
Around these parts, $350 fee for a real estate closing is probably slightly on the low end of what would be considered "ball park." In a sense, you're right that it's cheap, relative to the work performed, anyway, and what would be billed for the same amount of work in other matters (e.g., divorce). There are a number of reasons for it, imho the most prominent are:
  • This area hasn't had quite the housing boom that many other areas of the country have had in recent years, and there's substantial competition for representation of parties to a real estate transaction among attorneys. Some attorneys even concentrate their entire practice in this area.
  • Representation is for a finite, limited duration of time. Typically, that's 60 days give or take a few. By contrast, litigation can drag out for years.
  • Unlike in some other areas of practice, you never have to chase a fee. Your fee is paid upfront, at the time of closing, or the deal doesn't close.
  • While the first three mentioned above are legitimate market forces which keep rates down, there's another, less legitimate, market force at work as well. Many attorneys will charge ridiculously low fees for a real estate closing (I've heard of some < $200). What's usually going on there, that the attorney won't tell you, is that the attorney owns a title company. He'll steer you toward his title company for title insurance, and you'll pay considerably more for title insurance than you would otherwise.
I've been told by some older attorneys that the going rate for attorneys' fees on a real estate closing used to be 1% of the purchase price. That predates me. I doubt that we'll see a return to those fees for real estate deals around here anytime soon.
Who was it here who had the issues with attorneys padding expenses, and then caught the attorney in writing further padding in retaliation when the issue was pressed, a couple years ago? It was either 88 or YT. My memory is gone. But that shit scared the hell out of me :lol:
88 is a lawyer himself, so I don't think it was him. If memory serves, Babs had something like this happen, but you might be thinking of something different.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Goober McTuber wrote:I would never consider buying a house without being represented by either:

The problem here is that, based on personal experience, by the time the attorney enters the picture, the purchase contract is usually a done deal. Of course, it doesn't have to be that way.

Yeah, that sounds pretty stupid.

"Hey mister lawyer, could you look at this contract I signed and see if it looks OK to you?"

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Goober McTuber wrote:

Yeah, that sounds pretty stupid.

"Hey mister lawyer, could you look at this contract I signed and see if it looks OK to you?"
Believe it or not, there's also an attorney approval contingency on these contracts.

If you had a client so dumb that he really hosed himself on the deal, I suppose you could disapprove a contract on that basis (called a contract of adhesion in legal terms). But that would have to be relative to the seller. I'm pretty sure that if a client agreed to take a ARM, I couldn't void the contract on that basis.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Doesn’t seem to me that the financing (the ARM) would be part of the purchase contract. The contract could be contingent upon the buyer getting suitable financing, but that financing wouldn’t involve the seller (other than a land contract).

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Goober McTuber wrote:Doesn’t seem to me that the financing (the ARM) would be part of the purchase contract.
It is, but only because the contract is set up to allow the purchaser to fill in the blanks as to the terms of the mortgage. If the purchaser is approved for a mortgage with the same terms as provided in the contract (or better terms), the mortgage contingency has been met. If the purchaser is approved for a mortgage with worse terms, the purchaser has the option to cancel the deal without penalty, as the mortgage contingency has not been met.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

OK, I get it. You’re talking about a mortgage contingency. But anyone who agreed to a mortgage contingency that could be satisfied by an ARM is an idiot, and those are the people who need help up front.

Woody Allen
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Woody Allen »

Normally I would want to chime in on this but I left my reading glasses at HOOTERS.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Barney Fu wrote: ...if your boss, job description, and paygrade dictate that you sweep and pick up trash, that's not volunteering.
You're quite the dipshit, Barney. Where did I write that it was dictated in my job description? I wrote that it wasn't beneath me. That means if I'm walking across the shop floor or parking lot and I see a piece of paper or an empty pop can laying on the ground, I won't just step over it. I'll pick it up and throw it in the trash can. Nobody needs to tell me to do the right thing, I just do it. That'd be unlike some lazy, spoiled, snobbish prick like yourself who considers himself too fucking good to perform a menial task.

What an asshole. It's rather galling to know that my fucking taxes go to pay a slack jawed idiot like yourselfs' salary. You've never done one measly thing that somebody didn't tell you that you had to do, have you Barney?

Hell, you get worked up over having to drive over grass clippings in your $54k SUV. I can only imagine how you'd react having to plan and schedule a mfg operation that runs six production welding lines 24/7 on tight deadlines. You'd collapse twitching spastically in a stress related nervous breakdown.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Around these parts, $350 fee for a real estate closing is probably slightly on the low end of what would be considered "ball park." In a sense, you're right that it's cheap, relative to the work performed, anyway, and what would be billed for the same amount of work in other matters (e.g., divorce). There are a number of reasons for it, imho the most prominent are:
Now that I'm back home, I checked my closing papers and the attorney's fee was 375 plus 15 dollars for messenger fees.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

BSmack wrote:Now that I'm back home, I checked my closing papers and the attorney's fee was 375 plus 15 dollars for messenger fees.
Oh you pussy, you should of done what I did...stroll right into the office and say, "Dude, you can stuff it in your ass cuz I ain't paying no fees like this."

Sin,

WW

Rip City
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Damn straight!

:lol:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Luther wrote:
BSmack wrote:Now that I'm back home, I checked my closing papers and the attorney's fee was 375 plus 15 dollars for messenger fees.
Oh you pussy, you should of done what I did...stroll right into the office and say, "Dude, you can stuff it in your ass cuz I ain't paying no fees like this."

Sin,

WW

Rip City
Rack!

If I had known about the fees for messenger service, I might have volunteered to file the papers myself. I used to do that kind of work back in my immediate post college days. It would have been cool to file my own mortgage paperwork down at the County Clerk's Office just for old times sake. But, I didn't find out about that fee until closing time. In retrospect, I wouldn't have had the time to deal with it anyway.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:I used to do that kind of work back in my immediate post college days.
You poor, menial bastard. It's comforting to know that my children will immediately become CEO's of Fortune 500 company's after college rather than having to lower themselves to the status of a delivery boy.

~Fu
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

War Wagon wrote:
BSmack wrote:I used to do that kind of work back in my immediate post college days.
You poor, menial bastard. It's comforting to know that my children will immediately become CEO's of Fortune 500 company's after college rather than having to lower themselves to the status of a delivery boy.

~Fu
I get it. You're also still in your immediate post college days. You're just paying your dues and waiting for your career to take off. Gotcha.

Last I checked, immediate does not mean 20-something years. Your "witty" attempt at quote smack, like everything in your life, has failed.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

War Wagon wrote:I can only imagine how you'd react having to plan and schedule a mfg operation that runs six production welding lines 24/7 on tight deadlines. You'd collapse twitching spastically in a stress related nervous breakdown.
I'm sure that I would. Not like I've been in a couple of "Oh shit" weapon drawn ready to shoot someone situations or anything. The stress of being killed or killing someone else certainly cannot be on par with planning and scheduling a manufacturing operation. Give me a break. In all seriousness, I'm sure that it's not easy getting the production up and running but what's the worst thing that can happen? The company loses some money and maybe someone gets fired. I've been in a couple of situations where one decision could've meant the difference between everyone (including the bad guys) going home for the night (or jail as the case maybe) or a couple of folks (me included) potentially going away in plastic bags. To say that I would have a stress related breakdown because some company (that I don't own) might lose some money is just ridiculous.

Have a good day.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Rack Fu wrote: I get it.
uhh... no, you don't.

Unbelievable what a status conscious freak you come across as, though. This just in Fu, but nobody is impressed by or gives a fuck what you (or I) do for a living, what kind of vehicle you drive, etc.

I've purposely thrown out forklift and custodial bait over the past 7 years to see how many fish I could get to bite, and wonder of wonders, the fish don't get any smarter. I continue to reel in the limit every damn time. Some nice keepers, too.

If I had a mantle in my trailer that doesn't have AC, I'd mount your carcass over it.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Risa wrote:
You -- who had to live off your wife, while fucking around before finally getting the call from the feds.
Provide me one shred of evidence that I lived off my wife.

I'll clue you in on a little secret, you ignorant twat. A prudent individual, like myself, who was 31, a CPA and made decent money generally has what we like to call savings & investments.

If earning a self-taught CCNP certification with absolutely zero experience working with Cisco networking equipment (or networking in general) in order to boost my resume to get my current job is "fucking around" - well so be it. I also helped a friend write a business plan and work with venture capitalists to get his startup company up and running. Yes, I did my fair share of working out, surfing the net and playing video games but I also spent an assload of time improving my lot in life. It seemed to work out for me, didn't it?
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

War Wagon wrote: Unbelievable what a status conscious freak you come across as, though. This just in Fu, but nobody is impressed by or gives a fuck what you (or I) do for a living, what kind of vehicle you drive, etc.
You're the one claiming that I'd wilt under the stress of your job, dipshit. Hence, my rebuttal. You brought it up, tard. I'm sorry that my reply made you look like a moron.
War Wagon wrote: I've purposely thrown out forklift and custodial bait over the past 7 years to see how many fish I could get to bite, and wonder of wonders, the fish don't get any smarter. I continue to reel in the limit every damn time. Some nice keepers, too.
So the years of you getting beaten down on these forums was on purpose. Hook, line and sinker - right? So you purposely throw out comments which result in you getting piled on and we're the idiots? Noted.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Not quite.

Nice use of the all inclusive "we're" line again, though. Looking for some help from others, I take it.

It's just you, and this isn't going well. Hey, I know... talk about some of the epic gun battles you've been in again. That always works. Sadly though, most of 'us' (see, that works both ways) would be rooting for the bad guy in any such matchup. Or at least expect you to shoot your own self in the damn foot... like you do every time you click 'submit'.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

War Wagon wrote: It's just you, and this isn't going well.
Is this another one of the ways in which you claim 'bode on someone? You get kicked around and say that it's not going well for the other person(s) administering that latest in a long line of past, present and future beatdowns.

That's almost as retarded as purposely making yourself cannon fodder and claiming that you're just baiting people. Almost.

If reeling people in for some sort of self induced plungering for the past seven years gives you some sense of accomplishment, then I say climb the highest peak you can find and scream "BODE" because you have certainly reached your goal.

That seems to describe your "smack" abilities. I hope you really do enjoy it because I know we do.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Risa wrote:I had a history professor at UNM who was also beloved by the students. He was always getting student awards. He connected well with the students on a personal level. His opinion was sought on campus and off campus. He represented the University, and himself, well. That didn't keep him from being fired in the aftermath of September 11 because of a comment he made. Richard Berthold, wherever you are, you are still a god among pedagogues..
The name sounded vaguely familiar, so I decided to look it up and made a bet with myself that somehow, in some way, that the intellectual trainwreck that calls herself "Risa" had misrepresented something about the dude.

Sure enough, it turns out that she did.

Berthold was not fired from UNM.

He voluntarily retired. Even he makes this clear in a column he wrote.

Yes, he received a huge amount of personal abuse and professional vilification in the aftermath of his incredibly stupid and insensitive post-9/11 comment, but he was not fired. Whether or not he deserved the treatment he got from UNM during the aftermath is irrelevant. They did not fire him, as Risa claimed. If she had just stuck to the facts, she easily could have presented his situation as a compelling "marytrdom." However, she had to go over the top and fabricate a firing in an attempt to complete the portrait of victimhood.

No doubt, our resident village idiot will wave off the large difference between "fired" and "retired" as a small thing, but this is the same mental midget who insisted repeatedly that even if the Duke lacrosse players hadn't committed rape, they should still "fry" or face a "beat down" because, well, SOMETHING must have happened, even if the skank who brought the charges was a lying whore. The differences between her claims and the actual facts matter because they establish a pattern of not only mental laziness, but dishonesty.

So keep that in mind, folks, when reading one of her inane outbursts - not only is there a better than even chance that your brain will be slammed by an onslaught of rank stupidity, but that it may well be peppered with falsehoods.