FIrefox 2.0

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

FIrefox 2.0

Post by Mister Bushice »

I haven't updated yet, but Firefox keeps asking me. However, it also tells me the following extensions are not compatible with Firefox 2.0

Adblock
flashgot
noscript
foxy tunes
Java console

does anyone know if these extensions have also been updated to be compatible with 2.0? If not, they will be disabled.
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

The only one I can speak to is Adblock. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and am having no problems at all with Adblock Plus and ForecastFox.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Bushy,

there's really no reason to hold back. All of the extensions you list have been updated many times.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

That's what I was wondering. Thanks.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

When you start the new firefox after installation, it'll prompt you to update your extensions. If there happen to be any that don't get updated easily that way, just go to the firefox extensions page, and search for what you want. You'll find what you're looking for.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

I just wanted to be sure there weren't any odd bugs in the 2.0 release regarding the extensions. My system was working just fine, so I wasn't interested in messing with it for no reason.

But they've been bugging me daily with update requests.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Goddammit, this new 2.0 is Effing SLOW. Did they add spell check? I'm getting red underlines for misspelled words, and it takes its time posting it.

I knew I should have stayed put. It was working fine, now I have to figure out what the fuck is slowing this thing down.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

version 2.0.0.5 has been released.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Yes and oddly enough, it fixed all the hiccups I was having. things are running normally again.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Way to be a dick, Bushy.