BIG 12 CHAMPS, BITCHES!!!!!

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

We won't win another game. :twisted:
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Make that Co-champs there Soonerfan...and realize that Mizzou beat both of them.

But your point is well taken, and you're welcome for the gift that helped you back into that championship.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Because if Kansas had lost yesterday and Oklahoma had won today OU would have not backed into it?

Is it the order of events that prevokes this backwards thinking?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Perhaps "backed into it" was a poor choice of words, but the point is that very few people gave Mizzou much of chance today.

Props on the #1 seed for the Big XII tourney. Have you seen the brackets yet?

MU vs. NU in the 8-9 game Thursday with the winner to play OU on Friday.

I'll say that Mizzou beats Nebraska handily setting up the re-match that OU fan must be drooling over.

Let the games begin at Kemper, 'cause I can hardly wait.

Think I'll have to get down there and see this in person.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote:
Let the games begin at Kemper, 'cause I can hardly wait.

Think I'll have to get down there and see this in person.

that great neutral site known as Kemper Arena.

:roll:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Believe the Heupel wrote: Hell, it's entirely possible that Mizzou goes on a tear, wins the Big 12 tourney, and saves Quinn's ass again.
Even I'm not that optimistic. Win 4 games in 4 straight days?

I don't think that's ever happened since the inception of the Big XII.

As for Quinn, I don't think his ass needs saving, but beating KU today certainly should keep the wolves at bay a while longer.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

King Crimson wrote: that great neutral site known as Kemper Arena.

:roll:
Ah, so perhaps the games should be played in New York, well outside of any Big XII fan influence?

Find something valid to bitch about, dipshit.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

funny how i was talking to Missouri fan, and you have to post on in about it?

How about Oklahoma City? you wanna play there cool breeze?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Believe the Heupel wrote:I sure as shit wouldn't have put money on KU beating OSU, then losing to Missouri, OSU losing to KU then losing to Texas, and OU beating Texas and Tech on the road. Not all at once.
Pretty much what I was thinking too, but enjoy the sig material nonetheless.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote: that great neutral site known as Kemper Arena.
Yeah, ISU fan owns that dump.

Seriously, it's great to have the tourney back in KC after the two year hiatus to Dallas. This town is very passionate about college hoops and knows how to run a tournament.

Once the Sprint Center opens in 2007, I look for KC to get the tourney back on a semi-regular basis.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

King Crimson wrote:funny how i was talking to Missouri fan, and you have to post on in about it?
If you post something asenine like that, you're gonna get smacked in the head for it.
How about Oklahoma City? you wanna play there cool breeze?
I could give a shit where the tournament is played... if the Big XII powers that be decide it's in the best interest of the conference to play it there, so be it. I have my obvious business/financial motivations that make me pull for it being in Kansas City (ie. the involvement in the new Sprint Center arena being built), but if they decide to move the tourney around, the Ford Center in OKC is pretty damn nice, and they'd sure be able to fill the seats.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

JHawkBCD wrote:I could give a shit where the tournament is played... if the Big XII powers that be decide it's in the best interest of the conference to play it there, so be it. I have my obvious business/financial motivations that make me pull for it being in Kansas City (ie. the involvement in the new Sprint Center arena being built), but if they decide to move the tourney around, the Ford Center in OKC is pretty damn nice, and they'd sure be able to fill the seats.
Tulsa is building a new 18,000-seat downtown arena also. It should be completed by spring of 2008.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

BCD: you're an idiot. i'm talking about the history of Big 8 basketball and the built-in advantage KU/KSU/MU have had playing at Kemper. aand it's extension into the Big XII. which has been given re-consideration.

and you go off about your "obvious" (to whom, this college hoops board) business/financial stuff.

have fun being you.

KC
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

King Crimson wrote:you're an idiot. i'm talking about the history of Big 8 basketball and the built-in advantage KU/KSU/MU have had playing at Kemper. aand it's extension into the Big XII. which has been given re-consideration.
Only because, in the past, OKC wasn't a serious player because the old guard in the town feared the potential risks of building there. Fortunately, some Okies (more intelligent than your dumb ass) got the stones to build Bricktown and back the arena project, giving that downtown an actual nightlife and an entertainment district.
and you go off about your "obvious" (to whom, this college hoops board) business/financial stuff.
Obvious to anyone that I care to tell what I do for a living... and you're not one of them.
have fun being you.
Will do... and you have fun being bitter about what life was like in the ol' Big 8.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

hilarious.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Yeah, considering the run that OU's been on to end the season, saying that we "backed into it" isn't quite the right choice of words, although, honestly, I can't get pissed at people for saying it. We won because other teams didn't handle the same business that we did. Don't get mad at us for "backing in," but rather your squads for not "forwarding in."

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

I don't recall claiming that OU backed into anything, and to claim that would be asenine, because both KU and OU lost to Iowa State, Missouri, and Texas Tech. KU's fourth loss was to OU, OU's fourth loss was to OSU. Pretty much a dead heat, other than the slight head-to-head bode advantage to OU.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

OU, the Big XII 2005 Basketball champs didn't back into shit. :roll:

Sincerely,

2001 Texas Football Team
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Harvdog wrote:OU, the Big XII 2005 Basketball champs didn't back into shit. :roll:

Sincerely,

2001 Texas Football Team
Leave it to a Tejas fan to confuse basketball with football.

In basketball every team plays every other team at least once.

Basically this means in football that Tejas would lose to Oklahoma two times a year on the basis of basketball terms. :twisted:

One upset in football is dynamic, basketball not so much.

Tejas was not shit in basketball until the formation of the Big 12, so I will excuse you this time Harv.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Mo,

It is called a correlation.

I will excuse you this time. :P
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote:OU, the Big XII 2005 Basketball champs didn't back into shit. :roll:

Sincerely,

2001 Texas Football Team
The difference was that in 2001 Oklahoma had handed tejass its ass heads up. Oklahoma has beaten both Oklahoma State and Kansas this season.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Nice job, Sooners!!

Amazing end to the season. Props on getting the top seed!
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Is it just me or are you guys kind of touchy about this? And BTW, winning 14-3 on a TD in the last 1 minute is not "handing Tejass its ass". 65-13 and 63-14 are handing a teams its ass.

Congrats on the title. Jeez. :roll:
Frank Football
I'm Frank About Football

Post by Frank Football »

BIG XII TOURNEY will be great!!! Heading to KC for the weekend games - SEC 116 - ROW 1 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! COURTSIDE!!!!!
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

14-3 is typically not an "ass handing," but I also felt like that is what happened on Tejas on that day in 2001. Here's my "evidence" for this:

1) It WAS a double-digit win.
2) Did you REALLY think that Chris Simms was going to lead Tejas down the field on either of those last drives...? Really? In your heart? Yeah, me either. I remember, standing there, drunk, next to Billy Sims and some Hooters chick, and thinking, (we were at the Coors Light party at the Icehouse) this is Chris Simms' chance to step out of his old man's shadow, and Major's shadow, and go out and take the kind of game that legends are made of.

Well, a legend was made that game, but it was NOT Chris Simms. I never doubted for one second that that ball was gonna get into our endzone. Not one.

Maybe it WASN'T an "official" ass handing, but I don't feel like the outcome was in doubt either...

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I was watching the game at the Bellagio in Las Vegas and was pretty hammered. Even drunk I didn't think Simms could lead us down the field. We had our chances and didn't get it done. Both teams played great defense that day. Drunk or not, I knew we had a better chance with Major but he was hurt and I really don't think it would have mattered.