Tony Soprano: Live or Die?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Tony Soprano: Live or Die?

Post by Rack Fu »

What is Tony's fate? Shot down in a blaze of glory or turn bitch and run to the FBI?

I think he's gotta die to give finality to the show but I could see Chase & Co. throwing a curveball.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

live

AJ tries to kill tony in a fit of rage, and the fbi agent who frequently visits tony and his gang at the deli shoots and kills AJ, before AJ gets the shot off on tony.

phil and his little tard minion(butch) get tore up in gun battle, and are used as muscle for tony and his crew to keep nyc across the water as that derelict(father ran crew before johnny ) takes over the nyc crew. He never had the muscle to take over the family(phil, phils cousin, and others had the muscle) but with tony having it, and little carmine being a friend, little c has the juice(thanxs 2pac) to take over the family.

who the fuck knows, so many bullshit spoilers out there
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I think he'll live. Aren't they talking about a movie, down the road?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

^^exactly. The franchise still has legs. Why off the golden goose?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I like adel's scenario where Tony get's offed by his sniveling brat of a kid. As for killing the golden goose, I read somewhere that Gandolfini wants to put the role behind him. The show had a helluva run and is one of the few reasons why I pay extra $$$ for HBO. I'm gonna' miss it, as it's about the only show on TV that I made it a point to watch.

Rack The Soprano's.
XXXL
Rainmaker

Post by XXXL »

Happy ending, Tony lives to fight another day...
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Re: Tony Soprano: Live or Die?

Post by Cuda »

Rack Fu wrote:What is Tony's fate? Shot down in a blaze of glory or turn bitch and run to the FBI?

I think he's gotta die to give finality to the show but I could see Chase & Co. throwing a curveball.

Not that I hate to burst your bubble, Fu, but that's a FICTIONAL show. Tony Soprano ISN'T A REAL PERSON.

You're gonna have to figure out some other way to become a hero.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Tony is gunned down tonight and then we wakes up in bed next to Suzanne Pleshette.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

/swoon Bob Newhart
Go Bucs, Gators
Milner
Crack Whore

Post by Milner »

Shoot. Cuda is frickin right. It is just a frickin TV show. Get a frickin life.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Milner wrote:Shoot. Cuda is frickin right. It is just a frickin TV show. Get a frickin life.
OK.....AFTER the show's over.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

fuckin horrible

:meds:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Wtf was that?

I guess it was time to end it. They ran out of material.

Lamest finale ever.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

it was a fuck you to hbo

now chase makes multi millions at the movies.

that was a fluff piece to shit on hbo
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I thought my satellite dish went out or something. What in the fuck was that? I waited 8 years for nothing (literally).

That was crap.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

And to add insult to injury, they ended it while we listened to a freaking Journey song. I'm still scratching my head over that final sequence with Tony's daughter being the last face we saw before it got abruptly cut off.

Oh well, at least Phil getting offed was a great scene. I had to turn my head when his face got smushed. Other than that, the entire episode sucked. There was no closure whatsoever.

I feel like I got gypped.
RSoxFan
Elwood

Post by RSoxFan »

Rack Fu wrote:I thought my satellite dish went out or something. What in the fuck was that? I waited 8 years for nothing (literally).

That was crap.
Same here. Except I won't say I wasted 8 years, because of all the enjoyment it bought me. How it ended though I understand what you mean.
Last edited by RSoxFan on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Det. Jimmy McNulty
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Det. Jimmy McNulty »

Rack Fu wrote:I waited 8 years for nothing (literally).
not even a $54k sled? jesus, milner was right: you are a fucking pussy.

those fake feds on the sopranos are 10x the men you'll ever be.
"What the fuck did I do?"
"What the fuck?"
"FUCK! I fucking need a fucking lawyer."
Deckard
Crack Whore

Post by Deckard »

Black screen could have been symbolic of Tonys death ( shot by man going past him to diners washroom )...I thought the cable went out initially. They certainly left lots of room to make a movie...
verbal
nine inch male

Post by verbal »

The ending was perfect you whinny bitches.

Did anyone else notice Junior's old bodyguard walk into the bathroom.

Of course the fatass gets whacked.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The whole "final" season was pretty lame. Oh fucking well.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
RSoxFan
Elwood

Post by RSoxFan »

Toddowen wrote:
RSoxFan wrote:
Rack Fu wrote:I thought my satellite dish went out or something. What in the fuck was that? I waited 8 years for nothing (literally).

That was crap.
Same here. Except I won't say I wasted 8 years, because of all the enjoyment it bought me. How it ended though I understand what you mean.
Not right off, apparently.
RSoxFan wrote:Last edited by RSoxFan on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maybe you won't say you wasted 8 years...but I will.

But it could be worse, I suppose. You could've dedicated that free time to posting here on this board.
Ok
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Most of you must be really ignorant to not see this coming. Did any of you even pay attention to the show over th past 8 years? The ending is very much like Chase's style. Do any of you remember Christopher and Paulie in the woods with the Russian? Dude got away, or did he? We never knew what happened to him. Chase did not want to be predictable and he wasn't in this final episode. He left it up to the audience to decide Tony's fate. I kinda expected this outcome.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

When the DVD comes out for the final season the 3 endings he shot will all be included and he'll let the viewer decide which one they liked the best.

The question is whether the other 2 endings also take place in that diner.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:Cheap cop out ending. The entire season was one shitty cop out after another.

Go ahead, asshole. Make a movie. I won't give a fuck.
I don't know. I like the idea of a lot of things being left unresolved. Its a lot like real life. When my dad died and my fucking evil stepmother kept every fucking penny he earned, it really pissed me off, but nothing happened. A lot of shit in life doesn't play out the way you want or expect it to. Sopranos has been that way since the beginning. What the fuck did you expect?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:Cheap cop out ending. The entire season was one shitty cop out after another.

Go ahead, asshole. Make a movie. I won't give a fuck.
Gandolfini won't do a movie thus one of the reasons he shot 3 endings and settled on 1.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:I don't want "real life" when I turn on the TV, dumbfuck. When I want real life, I turn off the TV.
I want to be entertained just as much as the next guy, but Sopranos wasn't built for that in some aspects.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I don't know. I like the idea of a lot of things being left unresolved. Its a lot like real life. When my dad died and my fucking evil stepmother kept every fucking penny he earned, it really pissed me off, but nothing happened.
Why didn't you clip the bitch?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

BSmack wrote:Why didn't you clip the bitch?
Believe me, the thought had crossed my mind on several occasions. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has a pig farm.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
Believe me, the thought had crossed my mind on several occasions. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has a pig farm.
So I suppose your wife just dropped in from the fucking sky?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

BSmack wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:
So I suppose your wife just dropped in from the fucking sty?

FTFY
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

^^^^^^^Too obvious.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:^^^^^^^Too obvious.
Yea, especially after you posted the evidence.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Guess what? The hype over the Sopranos represents the biggest reach-around in the history of television. What a crock of shit. If you have any interest in the actual behavior and character of mafia crime families, check out a book called Wiretap, by James Goode, wherein an exhaustive body of FBI wiretapped transcripts reveals the REAL mobsters conversing casually, planning scams, fretting, threatening, lamenting, lying, backstabbing, ad nauseam. From the beast-like Angelo Ruggerio and his charming uncle Aniellio Ruggerio, to the old padrones like the real "Fat Tony" Salerno and Anthony Corallo, to the lugubrious Gennaro Anguilo of the Boston outfit, to the properly nervous Ralph Scopo in New York, to the penis-implanted "Big Paul" Castellano to the astonishingly moronic John Gotti, NONE of these sub-human pieces of garbage deserve the romanticized makeover bestowed first by "The Godfather" movies, and now by the totally fake and boring soap opera, the Sopranos.

WAKE THE FUCK UP!!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Guess what? The hype over the Sopranos represents the biggest reach-around in the history of television. What a crock of shit.

Dude...did you know that Star Trek style transporters are fictional, too?

Due to your current state of disappointment, I wait a while before informing you that the Greatest American Hero couldn't really fly, either.

I believe Wonder Woman's tits were real, though.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Wait a second. Are you telling me that Nathan Petrelli really can't fly?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:Cheap cop out ending.
I thought so too. Then a buddy of mine raised a good point. The show ended appropriately to leave the viewer "hanging", not unlike a gangsta would be "left hanging" not knowing his fate.

Made sense sort of. All the build up, getting even more intense as more and more people walked into the diner, the images of the people looking or appearing to look at Tony and the family, Meadow trying to park her car, all the while the viewers trying to anticipate what will happen. We don't know, Tony won't know, it'll just happen. He'll be sitting there doing what he does and all of a sudden ... the screen will go black.

From that new perspective, I could appreciate the ending.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Tom In VA wrote: He'll be sitting there doing what he does and all of a sudden ... the screen will go black.
I thought of that too. Most of the time, the camera was being shot from Tony's point of view inside the restuarant which could tell you perhaps that when the screen went black for those 7 or 8 seconds he was actually shot and killed.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Guess what? The hype over the Sopranos represents the biggest reach-around in the history of television. What a crock of shit. If you have any interest in the actual behavior and character of mafia crime families, check out a book called Wiretap, by James Goode, wherein an exhaustive body of FBI wiretapped transcripts reveals the REAL mobsters conversing casually, planning scams, fretting, threatening, lamenting, lying, backstabbing, ad nauseam. From the beast-like Angelo Ruggerio and his charming uncle Aniellio Ruggerio, to the old padrones like the real "Fat Tony" Salerno and Anthony Corallo, to the lugubrious Gennaro Anguilo of the Boston outfit, to the properly nervous Ralph Scopo in New York, to the penis-implanted "Big Paul" Castellano to the astonishingly moronic John Gotti, NONE of these sub-human pieces of garbage deserve the romanticized makeover bestowed first by "The Godfather" movies, and now by the totally fake and boring soap opera, the Sopranos.

WAKE THE FUCK UP!!
a most enjoyable troll.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:The hype over the Sopranos represents the biggest reach-around in the history of television. What a crock of shit. If you have any interest in the actual behavior and character of mafia crime families...
Who gives a fuck? Nobody watched it believing it represented any real life depiction of the mafia. It was a fictional show, well written, well directed, and superbly acted by believable characters.

The fact that it probably drew more viewers than the NBA Finals and that Tony Soprano was talked about more on ESPN and around water coolers all over the country today than Lebron James is lost on a fucking moron like you.

Go fuck yourself.