OCmike's Humpday Challenge

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

There is only one rule: No more than one correctly answered question per person, per hour.

1. How many #1 hits did Barbra Streisand have?

2. Who was the second fastest NFL QB to 50 wins and the third fastest to 100 wins?

3. In Jack and the Beanstalk, Jack makes three separate visits to the giant’s castle in the clouds. On the first, he steals a hen who lays golden eggs; on the second, a sack of shillings and a sack of guineas. What does Jack steal on his third visit?

4. What kind of gun did John Wilkes Booth use to assassinate Abraham Lincoln?

5. What was the last battle of the Napoleonic Wars?

6. Whose debut EP was titled, “Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., Etc.”?

7. What was the first city to reach a population of 1 million?

8. If the president and vice president die in a plane crash, who takes over?

9. Who served the shortest term as President of the US?

10. What are the “four corners” states?

11. What was the largest animal ever (in length) on record?

12. What state is known as the “gem state”

13. Who was the first democratically elected President of Russia?

14. What bad 1970s rock band took its name from a "very 'umble person" and sycophantic blackmailer in 'David Copperfield'?

15. Where did New England Patriot Troy Brown attend college?
Last edited by OCmike on Thu May 03, 2007 1:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
pron
Elwood

Re: OCmike's Humpday Challenge

Post by pron »

OCmike wrote:15. Where did New England Patriot Troy Brown attend college?
Marshall.
Roy
I like Boy Scouts

twleve

Post by Roy »

12. Ida-nappyheaded-ho
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

10: Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

8. If the president and vice president die in a plane crash, who takes over?

Speaker of the House
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

6. Whose debut EP was titled, “Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., Etc.”?
Dwight Yoakam
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

14. What bad 1970s rock band took its name from a "very 'umble person" and sycophantic blackmailer in 'David Copperfield'?

Uriah Heep
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

9. William Henry Harrison
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

7. What was the first city to reach a population of 1 million?

Rome, Italy
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

3. In Jack and the Beanstalk, Jack makes three separate visits to the giant’s castle in the clouds. On the first, he steals a hen who lays golden eggs; on the second, a sack of shillings and a sack of guineas. What does Jack steal on his third visit?

A golden harp with a damn big mouth.
Last edited by Jay in Phoenix on Wed May 02, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

13: Kerensky ?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Wolfman wrote:13: Kerensky ?
Nope.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

11 Blue Whale?

(BTW, you start this too early. Have some mercy on us left coasters dammit.)
Last edited by Mikey on Wed May 02, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Mikey wrote:11 Blue Whale?
Yep.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

13: Boris Yeltsin
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

5 - The Battle of Wavre
Dreams......Temporary Madness
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Nope, it was Wavre.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

11. Blue Whale is the largest living animal, but at around 100 feet for the largest, it's no longer the all-time title holder.

Can't spell or pronounce it without breaking the rules (it starts with a B), but there's a sauropod (longer than the diplodocus) that has been conservatively measured over 130 feet. IIRC, it was discovered a decade ago in India.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

orcinus wrote:11. Blue Whale is the largest living animal, but is no longer the all-time title holder.

Can't spell or pronounce it without breaking the rules (it starts with a B), but there's a sauropod (longer than the diplodocus) that has been conservatively measured over 130 feet. IIRC, it was discovered a decade ago in India.
Wow. I was not aware of that... Wacky, wild stuff. - OCCarson

BTW, I read that it was a blue whale on the internet, so it must be true.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Got anything to support that? I did a search on google and every link that names a "last battle" says that it was Wavre.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

After a quick search, Bruhathkayosaurus is the name of the Indian dinosaur; however, it looks like its actual length is still in doubt.

Also found a diplodocus dug up in colorado (penned Supersaurus) that measured 115 feet, so that might be a better comparison as far as measured data is concerned.

Blue Whale looks to top out at 112 feet, so we might have a photo finish until additional research is published on the former.

Then again, I'm betting the Scientologists know the REAL winner, and would be more than happy to let us all know the answer after several years of study.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

mvscal wrote:
OCmike wrote:Nope, it was Wavre.
Uh...nope it wasn't. Wavre wasn't a seperate action and it was lost when Grouchy failed to drive the Prussians back on their communications.

If you want to get hypertechnical about it, the very last skirmish occured several weeks later in the Paris suburbs at Issy.
It was a separate action. In fact, it even had it's own battle plan, as you can see here:

Wavre Battle Plan

Also, the Battle of Waterloo ended on June 18th and Wavre didn't end until the 19th.
Hobbes
Elwood

Post by Hobbes »

orcinus wrote:11. Blue Whale is the largest living animal, but at around 100 feet for the largest, it's no longer the all-time title holder.

My son is in that dinosaur phase right now. He reads all these dinosaur books like 30 times and goes around reciting statistics. Every one of his books says it's Brachiosaurus. And if it's in a children's book, it must be true.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

is "Wavre" pronounced like "Favre" ?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Aren't you the guy who blasts people for posting wikipedia links? :lol:

From the Battle of Wavre Wiki page:
In the Battle of Wavre a Prussian rearguard was pushed back by a much larger French force, but allowed General Blücher's main force to help Wellington defeat Napoleon at Waterloo. It was the last battle of the Hundred Days campaign and the Napoleonic Wars.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

2. Who was the second fastest NFL QB to 50 wins and the third fastest to 100 wins?

Second fastest to 50 used to be Danny White, but I thought Tom Brady passed him up. Brady hasn’t made it to 100 yet. Trick question?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Goober McTuber wrote:2. Who was the second fastest NFL QB to 50 wins and the third fastest to 100 wins?

Second fastest to 50 used to be Danny White, but I thought Tom Brady passed him up. Brady hasn’t made it to 100 yet. Trick question?
Not a trick question. Danny white is still correct as far as I know. Brady is #3.

Dinsdale "you mess with the bull you get the horns" post in 3...2...1...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OCmike wrote:[Dinsdale "you mess with the bull you get the horns" post in 3...2...1...

Nah. I'm just sitting back laughing at Mike getting taken to task for his "trivia" answers being wrong...

Again.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Hobbes wrote:
orcinus wrote:11. Blue Whale is the largest living animal, but at around 100 feet for the largest, it's no longer the all-time title holder.

My son is in that dinosaur phase right now. He reads all these dinosaur books like 30 times and goes around reciting statistics. Every one of his books says it's Brachiosaurus. And if it's in a children's book, it must be true.
Brachi was once considered the heaviest of the dinos (Mike's question concerns the longest), but there are a handful of complete sauropods found in the last couple decades that leave him in the dust (pun not intended).

War kids keeping the interest alive, though. Not sure which one of us has more books and magazines at this point.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

OCmike wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:2. Who was the second fastest NFL QB to 50 wins and the third fastest to 100 wins?

Not a trick question. Danny white is still correct as far as I know. Brady is #3.

I don’t have time right now to do game by game research, but Brady had 49 wins in his first 64 starts, and I don’t believe that he lost 5 in a row in 2005. Danny White needed 69. Ken Stabler is first at 62.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/8874946

OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

[Seinfeld]Dinsdale![/Seinfeld]
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Goober McTuber wrote:
I don’t have time right now to do game by game research, but Brady had 49 wins in his first 64 starts, and I don’t believe that he lost 5 in a row in 2005. Danny White needed 69. Ken Stabler is first at 62.

I was told there'd be no math.......
get out, get out while there's still time
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Goober McTuber wrote:
OCmike wrote:

You're right. I was just reading the same story. Funny thing is, Gil Brandt wrote that article and he's the one that I got the question from while listening to the NFL Draft on Sirius Radio on Saturday. When he said that White was the second fastest to 50, he probably meant at the time that White did it he was second fastest.
orc wrote:Also found a diplodocus dug up in colorado (penned Supersaurus) that measured 115 feet, so that might be a better comparison as far as measured data is concerned.
Then that's our winner so far. My fault for saying "longest on record" and not "longest living animal on record", as that clearly includes groups such as dinosaurs.

Anyway, I would have thought Brachiosaurus was correct too.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

mvscal wrote: Even if you consider desultory skirmishing after the issue was decided, you would still be wrong.
I blame Wikipedia. :D

You're right. It looks like neither Waterloo, nor Wavre was the last battle/skirmish (whether separate or not), though one or the other was clearly the last large-scale battle, which I guess is why so many sources claim that Waterloo/Wavre was the "final battle".
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RACK this thread.

Dude gets shit for being notoriously inaccurate with his answers, so to save face next time out...

he makes sure that at least 13%(and counting) of his "answers" are wrong.

Freaking classic.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Dinsdale wrote:RACK this thread.

Dude gets shit for being notoriously inaccurate with his answers, so to save face next time out...

Freaking classic.
You actually took the time to do the math? Wow, as if 13,000 posts was enough of a clue that you had too much time on your hands...

And historically I'm not just inaccurate with my answers, I'm also ambiguous with my questions. If you're going to dump on my efforts, at least do so properly.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Dinsdale wrote:RACK this thread.

Freaking classic.
Since you're currently at 100% of sticking your useless weekly know it all bitch rant nose into a quiz thread to contribute nothing of value, I'd say OC Mike has a far more tolerable margin of error.

#3. A Magic Harp.

And I agree with Mikey. Us left coasters get screwed on these early starts. Hell, by the time I get up, Bsmack is having lunch. :)
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Mister Bushice wrote:
#3. A Magic Harp.

And I agree with Mikey. Us left coasters get screwed on these early starts. Hell, by the time I get up, Bsmack is having lunch. :)
You forgot the "damn big mouth" part of that answer. So it seems did OCMike. Hmmmm.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mister Bushice wrote: Since you're currently at 100% of sticking your useless weekly know it all bitch rant nose into a quiz thread to contribute nothing of value

Yeah, I suppose I coulkd contribute something "of value"...by answering a question that has already been answered, thereby proving I didn't read the fucking thread in the first place?

"Value" like that?

Fucking priceless. Give one of the Tard Twins enough rope to hang themself...
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Every turd attracts a few flies. I curled one off in a couple of questions and Dinsdale came buzzing by for a sniff as per usual.