At least 34 dead at VaTech {G}

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Introducing handguns into that situation is not a real good idea, imho. Even if handguns on campus could stop a tragedy like this, they'd likely give rise to more accidental shootings which probably would outnumber the number of people killed like this.
Yep, that's quite possible. Darwin is always going to be a factor when people are doing irresponsible things. That's part of the unwritten agreement we sign onto when allowing certain freedoms. But if a qualified and legal carrier can take his or her gun just about anywhere else and handle it responsibly, we shouldn't assume this person is incapable of handling it responsibly while on campus.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Dude was here from Shanghai for 8 months, he was able to get 2 hand guns and was able to reload these things several times without being jumped by male students at the school? Either the Va Tech students were wussies or this guy was able to rapidly reload these hand guns.
Where is a foreign student going to get the handguns and the know how in just 8 months that he was in this country? A foreign student would definately pull attention at any gun range I have been to.
Its not likely this guy exposed to firearms enough in Communist China to be able to operate the guns in such a way, not if he was a civilian anyway.
So what are military trained chinese nationals doing at american schools on student visas?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Dude was here from Shanghai for 8 months, he was able to get 2 hand guns and was able to reload these things several times without being jumped by male students at the school? Either the Va Tech students were wussies or this guy was able to rapidly reload these hand guns.
Where is a foreign student going to get the handguns and the know how in just 8 months that he was in this country? A foreign student would definately pull attention at any gun range I have been to.
Its not likely this guy exposed to firearms enough in Communist China to be able to operate the guns in such a way, not if he was a civilian anyway.
So what are military trained chinese nationals doing at american schools on student visas?
not only are you clinically insane, but you're obviously fucking illiterate as well. he's not from shanghai, numbnuts. stick to your radical revolution in college football and treating 10 year old baseball players like fucking professionals, asshat.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Theyre 12 and theyre 11-1 having won 11 straight and 7 of those 9 games have been by the mercy rule
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Dude was here from Shanghai for 8 months, he was able to get 2 hand guns and was able to reload these things several times without being jumped by male students at the school? Either the Va Tech students were wussies or this guy was able to rapidly reload these hand guns.
He was from South Korea, not China, idiot. He also apparently came here when he was a young kid, not "just 8 months" ago.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

The AP states the he was a resident alien from South Korea and had been living in the States since '92.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

SoCalTrjn wrote: Either the Va Tech students were wussies or this guy was able to rapidly reload these hand guns.

Thumb the clip release, clip drops out. Slam in new clip, thumb slide release, squeeze trigger. Takes maybe 3 seconds.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

You can do a lot of damage in 3 seconds

-sin
Ron & Nicole
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

anything else we should know about, schmeck? we just enjoy seeing your dumbassedry continue to reach new heights.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

my bad, the report I heard he was a from China and arrived here in August.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

poptart wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Cho Seung-Hui
I left America to get away from threats like him.
how are the hatches?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:The AP states the he was a resident alien from South Korea and had been living in the States since '92.
Don't know if this question has been raised or not, but shouldn't a requirement for legally buying or owning a gun in the United States be that you're a citizen? It should be.

And one more damn thing about this asshat, and I don't know if anyone has brought this up or not either. Dude went to the trouble of filing the serial numbers off the guns so they couldn't be easily tracked, and then in a fit of utter brilliance, kept the receipt from the gun shop be bought them from in his back-pack. Hello? What, was he planning on taking them back for a refund?
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Thought about the same thing. Doesn't sound like Chop Suey was the sharpest tool in the shed.

How did he get accepted to VT in the first place, answering roll sheets with a ? doesn't endear you to your professors or fellow students.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

jtr wrote:
poptart wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Cho Seung-Hui
I left America to get away from threats like him.
how are the hatches?
All clear here, jtr.

I'd recommend everyone get here sooner rather than later.

Play safe today, live to play another day.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Cross Traffic wrote:How did he get accepted to VT in the first place, answering roll sheets with a ?
What, you mean like egg roll?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

Derrick O'Dell despite being involved is already one of the more annoying students being interviewed. It is sad that he was injured and the horrible scene he witnessed. But it seems like since about 4-5 hrs after the event was over he was all over the news stations. If I see that kid on another interview before the night is over I'm gonna say god bless him but shut the hell up.
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

jtr wrote:Derrick O'Dell despite being involved is already one of the more annoying students being interviewed. It is sad that he was injured and the horrible scene he witnessed. But it seems like since about 4-5 hrs after the event was over he was all over the news stations. If I see that kid on another interview before the night is over I'm gonna say god bless him but shut the hell up.
You don't want him weaseling his way into your silent media domination Jess, you should urge him to keep talking. Chin up superstar, you still got to say "Vonage" and make a few bucks before that shit company goes belly up.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Cross Traffic wrote:Thought about the same thing. Doesn't sound like Chop Suey was the sharpest tool in the shed.

How did he get accepted to VT in the first place

affirmative action, all he has to do is be one of the smarter non whites that applied to get in
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:
Somehow, your criticisms of OUR policies and culture just sound so damned silly.
The really silly thing was that I decided to sit through seven pages of ludicrous bullshit before pointing out the obvious - that an alarming amount of people on this board are clinically insane. I really should have trusted my instincts.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
Cross Traffic wrote:Thought about the same thing. Doesn't sound like Chop Suey was the sharpest tool in the shed.

How did he get accepted to VT in the first place

affirmative action, all he has to do is be one of the smarter non whites that applied to get in

Got news for you buddy but the Koreans are beating the shit out of white and black Americans when it comes to academics.

IN fact there was a recent study. More american students feel and think they are good at math than koreans who feel and think the same. In terms of results, it's the exact opposite. Koreans are hands down better students.

Our kids have good self of steam though.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The South Korean student academic work ethic kicks the living snot out the American kid's 'work' ethic.
Let me tell ya, it ain't even close.

Frankly, a lot of the S. Korean parents are PSYCHO.
OVER-pushing their children to achieve academically.
If they'd ease back just a little bit I'd give major props to S. Korea for the overall education it gives it kids.

School in S. Korea isn't fuck-around time like it is in the good ol' US of A.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The kid with the thigh wound in the thread's initial picture is from Western PA, and he apparently has survived:

http://kdka.com/local/local_story_107233232.html
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

RACK THAT DUDE
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Rack the Holocaust survivor prof who tried to help his kids escape.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Indeed. Word is, he did help them escape and saved their lives ... the cost ... his own.

No greater love.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tardowen wrote:I haven't really followed this story that much, but I think I heard that he commited suicide.

You see what people like Goober McTuber, Radiofan, Mvscal etc...drive people to do?
You obviously give us too much credit. You’re still here.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

PSUFAN wrote:Rack the Holocaust survivor prof who tried to help his kids escape.
As usual there appear to be those who, amidst the chaos, rose above their surroundings, performing deeds that seem incredible to those of us who have never been in such a situation. It is at times like this that I think of Richard Winters' comment that he was no hero but that he served in the company of heroes. Those heroes being the men who never came home.

I'm also reminded of the original meaning of the word "rack" as it pertains to the Jim Rome Show. That is, to take a good call and file it away for future reference. By that definition alone, Liviu Librescu deserves eternal racks.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Nishlord wrote:What's the 2nd Amendment got to do with anything relating to the 21st Century?

It's alright everyone, the Queen Mum's dead.
oh, I don't know, protecting your home and family.

guarding against looters after Katrina wrecks your house.

how are those nightsticks doing over there for ya?

pretty effective, doucheface?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I've been listening to all srts of monday morning qback asswhipes on the radio/tube talking about how fukked up the police response was and how they would have avoided such a clusterfuk.

bullshit.

There is one way and one way only to combat such random madness. You can not have swat teams on standby everyfukkingwhere. We also do not need a fukking dodge city with everybody packing a sidearm. What we do need is plenty of everyday folks in various places being allowed, make that encouraged to pack heat.

Provide those who chose to do so with the training and supplies to maintain a high level of proficiency in dealing with such situations. One particular "expert" moron was talking about local school districts having cops around the school on OT. There are two problems with this. First off, it is too damn expensive!!!!! Secondly and more importantly, if you have designated people filling this role, guess who's gonna be the first guy to get one in the back of the head? Yup, the target errrr officer tasked with protecting everybody.

What we need in schools is a good number of teachers willing and able to step up and take care of bidness when the need arises. I suspect you would get plenty of volunteers for this duty. In schools where you didn't, you could make personnel changes to see to it that you did.

The best part of such a system would be that it would be covert. Students/random crazed shitbags wouldn't know who it was or how many there were. It would also be a damn site cheaper to implement than a security force who's sole purpose is to sit around and wait for something to happen.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

titlover wrote:
Nishlord wrote:What's the 2nd Amendment got to do with anything relating to the 21st Century?

After Katrina wrecks your house, it's probably wrecked your guns, too. Just sayin'.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
titlover wrote:

After Katrina wrecks your house, it's probably wrecked your guns, too. Just sayin'.
No, they were just confiscated by the incompetent police force.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Toddowen wrote:Is the cafeteria still open?
Speaking of cafeterias, have you ever tried Luby's?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

BSmack wrote:Liviu Librescu deserves eternal racks.
Yep.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

BSmack wrote:Speaking of cafeterias, have you ever tried Luby's?
Liver w/Onions doused in ketchup
Fried Okra
Mashed Taters w/gravy
Garlic toast
Chocolate Ice Box Pie
Iced Tea w/Lemon

Every Sunday as a kid after church.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

RadioFan wrote:
Yep.
Seconded.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

poptart wrote:The South Korean student academic work ethic kicks the living snot out the American kid's 'work' ethic.
Let me tell ya, it ain't even close.
Yeah, the American psycho kids usually don't get up until noon to start their shooting sprees.
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

Nishlord wrote:
RadioFan wrote:
Yep.
Seconded.
archive!!!
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

motherfukkers even know how to whack people more efficiently. them columbine slackers, two of them only got what 13? this overeachieving gook drops 32?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

titlover wrote:

You prematurely ejaculating piece of dickshit.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Nishlord wrote:
titlover wrote:

You prematurely ejaculating piece of dickshit.
epoch.