It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Eaglebauer
Elwood

Who wins in Iraq

Post by Eaglebauer »

From Foreign Policy Magazine
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms. ... ry_id=3704
Newspaper headlines consistently remind us of the failures coming out of Iraq. The number of U.S. soldiers who have lost their lives continues to climb. The deaths of Iraqi civilians far exceed what almost anyone expected. And insurgent attacks are growing stronger and more deadly. But, if wars always produce losers, it is also true that most wars have a fair share of winners, too. So, we would like to ask, four years into the fighting, what institutions, countries, ideas, or individuals are better off because of the war? Who, in essence, are Iraq’s winners? Plus, a special essay by Iraqi President Jalal Talabani.
Foreign Policy Magazine has a series of essays giving who they think are the ten biggest winners as a result of the four year war in Iraq. The above link will let you read these essays. The ten biggest winners, in order, are
1. Iran
2. Moqtada al-Sadr
3. al Qaeda
4. Samuel Huntington
5. China
6. Arab Dictators
7. The Price of Oil
8. The United Nations
9. Old Europe
10. Israel

Sounds like everyone is a winner except us. Just as Mvpussy predicted. :lol:
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

soitenly !!!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Please stop reading Neo-Con shitrags like Foreign Policy Magazine.

4. Samuel Huntington

Oh, brother....

:meds:

About FP:

Founded in 1970 by Samuel Huntington...
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

By all means, it helps to have "shifting" goals in Iraq.

1. Eliminate Saddam...we won.
2. Find WMDs - they fabricated evidence that they were there, failed to find them. If they weren't there, we won. If they were but they were moved, we lost.
3. Establish Democracy in Iraq and the Middle East - we failed miserably. It's ok, though...it always was just a bunch of noise.

Right now, it is increasingly clear to EVERYONE that if we get the fuck out of Iraq, we win - at least as long as our troops don't need medical attention upon returning, that is.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

PSUFAN wrote: 2. Find WMDs - they fabricated evidence that they were there, failed to find them.
What ?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tom In VA wrote:
PSUFAN wrote: 2. Find WMDs - they fabricated evidence that they were there, failed to find them.
What ?
He said they fabricated evidence that they were there, failed to find them.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:
What ?
Wll if "they" are capable of lying, what makes you think they lied about "not finding them" ?

Qui Bono
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Tom In VA wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Tom In VA wrote: What ?
Wll if "they" are capable of lying, what makes you think they lied about "not finding them" ?

Qui Bono
specious argument not helped or legitimized by latin.
why is my neighborhood on fire
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Tom In VA wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Tom In VA wrote: What ?

Qui Bono
What?
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote: specious argument not helped or legitimized by latin.
I'm sorry Bace, sometimes I forget that you and the rest of the anti-bush crowd are the only ones with any brains and any sense of what it takes to keep this country a "player" when it comes to the world's resources.

Please forgive my trespass and forgetting "my place".

I can't believe a dumb guy like Bush could have concocted such a scheme. :shock:

That fucker. Where do I sign the sheet to have him impeached, put on trial for war crimes and have him turn in the rest of the oligarchy seeking world power and domination ? I'm all in on that one dude.

Oh, can I have a sip of your Kool-Aid please, I'm still thirsty.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: He said they fabricated evidence that they were there, failed to find them.

Qui Bono
What?
It essentially means "For who? For what?". Ironic, since that is the usual reaction to one of Tom's posts anyway.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote: It essentially means "For who? For what?". Ironic, since that is the usual reaction to one of Tom's posts anyway.
Thanks for the enlightement BSmack.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

None of this:
Tom In VA wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote: specious argument not helped or legitimized by latin.
I'm sorry Bace, sometimes I forget that you and the rest of the anti-bush crowd are the only ones with any brains and any sense of what it takes to keep this country a "player" when it comes to the world's resources.

Please forgive my trespass and forgetting "my place".

I can't believe a dumb guy like Bush could have concocted such a scheme. :shock:

That fucker. Where do I sign the sheet to have him impeached, put on trial for war crimes and have him turn in the rest of the oligarchy seeking world power and domination ? I'm all in on that one dude.

Oh, can I have a sip of your Kool-Aid please, I'm still thirsty.
supports your position. It only attacks this "anti-Bush" scarecrow you've set up. Work to support your initial statement and it will be given more legitimacy.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

My initial "What ?", was wrong.

I forgot about the doctored photos and such given to Powell to set him up, lie to the world, and begin the execution of the PNAC's "Project Domino Patsy" :oops I let that slip:

Taking down the puppet of Saddam Hussein, ruining the reputation and name of a black man (the PNAC of course will continue to keep the bruthas down) AND of course planting an evil corporation right smack in the Middle East so that evil white, rich men can continue to rule the world.

So, once I recalled the "doctored" photos taken from a satellite that wasn't even turned on, I understood what PSUFAN meant.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Tom In VA wrote: Wll if "they" are capable of lying, what makes you think they lied about "not finding them" ?
A+ on infantilizing this thread, Tom.

Go for the coup de grâce and put a whoopee cushion on the chair of the next person to bring up the Libby trial.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I prefer the old staple* trick.

Take two staples, twist them together nice and tight so that no matter how it's thrown, two pointy edges are sticking up.

Sit back, wait for the teacher to sit in the chair, and watch as the hijinx ensues.

I'll match gross absurdity and childishness with the same any day of the week. Trying to have an intellectual discussion in this place is like discussing morality with a pedo priest.

It ain't happening.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.