Was Jesus resurrected?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

But, but, but, they have proof he was resurrected. The bible itself says so, therefore it must be true. Finger of god wrote it, you see.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mister Bushice wrote:But, but, but, they have proof he was resurrected. The bible itself says so, therefore it must be true. Finger of god wrote it, you see.
Perfect. Care to point me to the well-read and accepted authority that suggests HE didn't?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

...But to answer the question posted in this topic:

Yes He was.

Er... Did I miss the Book of James Cameron somewheres in the Bible...?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Don't worry, the Jesus haters will spend their "working" hours tomorrow saying Jesus isn't the Messiah. They will reference the Wiki-T1B site and claim gnosis'BODE.

They know everything and are smart to boot. Just ask them.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Seriously Mace...

Wasn't James Cameron and his family scalped and burned by the 'uron in Last of the Mohicans?

Sin,

Tiny
Is it football season yet?

Post by Tiny »

Who the fuck is James Cameron?

Ohh.....OK.....but really....I ask again.....

Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

I'm wondering about the alleged "DNA evidence."

Umm........to whom are Cameron and his group comparing the crypt DNA in order to "prove" that the bodies are Jesus, Mary, et al.?
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Tiny wrote:Who the fuck is James Cameron?

Ohh.....OK.....but really....I ask again.....

I don'e have a clue who the dude is but he sounds like another U&L resident.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mace wrote:
Truman wrote:Seriously Mace...

Wasn't James Cameron and his family scalped and burned by the 'uron in Last of the Mohicans?

Sin,

Yep. Luther claims to have witnessed the scalpings and says that it's true. He also says that he gave J.F. Cooper the whole idea for the novel. I'm waiting to hear back from him on the Resurrection thing. Nothing like an eye witness to history.

Mace
Careful, Mace...

Just remember that Major Duncan Heyworth was burned at the stake for voicing such unpopular opinions. The fact that he sacrificed himself for Luther's granddaughter (father to the Grayhair - er, sorry, Nish - Greyhair himself, Commanding Officer of Fort William Henry) should give you plenty of incentive to lay low while the Board Witches dance 'round the pentagram....
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Truman wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:But, but, but, they have proof he was resurrected. The bible itself says so, therefore it must be true. Finger of god wrote it, you see.
Perfect. Care to point me to the well-read and accepted authority that suggests HE didn't?
Oh, I don't know, perhaps the trendy yet accepted fact that rising from the dead is rather difficult to do?
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:I'm wondering about the alleged "DNA evidence."

Umm........to whom are Cameron and his group comparing the crypt DNA in order to "prove" that the bodies are Jesus, Mary, et al.?
Exactly. No idea.

It's not a matter of faith at this point. Either Cameron has the bones of Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah of the New Testament, and his family, and has sufficient scientific proof that they are in fact the bones of said individuals (and again, we have no idea whether said sufficient proof even exists, let alone whether it's possible for Cameron to obtain it, let alone whether he actually has it), or he has no real idea what he actually has and is merely talking out his ass, or he's making shit up. I vote for "Jim Cameron is talking out his ass". Although I wouldn't rule out "Jim Cameron is making shit up", either.
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mister Bushice wrote:
Truman wrote:
Oh, I don't know, perhaps the trendy yet accepted fact that rising from the dead is rather difficult to do?
Couldn't be all that difficullt.

The fact that you manage to post here on a daily basis would seem to belie this notion.

Now go find somebody well-read or accepted to prove your case, Bushie.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Well I wish I had the power to resurrect. Think of the insurance premiums I could accrue.

But,

YOU show me some verifiable documentation that resurrection is something that can occur*.

And none of this "Prove the opposite" shit. I don't have to prove it DOESN'T occur. I have centuries of human history on my side.

*Other than reinstating banned posters, that is.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:I'm wondering about the alleged "DNA evidence."
Believe it or not, I didn't have the kneejerk reaction to this thread that you probably would have anticipated me to have. My first thought upon reading the article was what they were going to compare the DNA to. :lol:

and big ole RACK Mace and Truman
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

rozy wrote:My first thought upon reading the article was what they were going to compare the DNA to. :lol:
I'm not sure Dins would agree to something like that.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mister Bushice wrote:Well I wish I had the power to resurrect. Think of the insurance premiums I could accrue.
I think you meant to post "insurance disbursements I could collect." I still call Bullshit. MetLife would drop your ass like a hot rock after the first dozen-or-so times.
YOU show me some verifiable documentation that resurrection is something that can occur*.

Point well taken. Only God and... er, *gulp*, PSU have such powah... BTW, has anyone ever seen God and PSU in the same room together? I didn't think so...
And none of this "Prove the opposite" shit. I don't have to prove it DOESN'T occur. I have centuries of human history on my side.
...along with Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death. We've had this discussion before Bushie, and it all boils down to a matter of Faith.

You have Faith in your Power of Reason, and want tangible proof of the Resurrection...

...And I have Faith in the Resurrection, and seek tangible proof of your intelligence.

So I'll meet you in the middle.

Lop off your dome, show me your brain, and I'll happily concede your intelligence.

In exchange, I'm certain you'll soon know proof of the Resurrection. One way or the other. :wink:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

yes
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

I think you meant to post "insurance disbursements I could collect." I still call Bullshit. MetLife would drop your ass like a hot rock after the first dozen-or-so times.
If I planned well, I'd only need 3 or 4.
along with Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death. We've had this discussion before Bushie, and it all boils down to a matter of Faith.

You have Faith in your Power of Reason, and want tangible proof of the Resurrection...

...And I have Faith in the Resurrection,

and seek tangible proof of your intelligence.
So, your faith is limited to the intangible - what you've had indoctrinated into your head your entire life and what you read in a book - and the tangible you find hard to accept?
So I'll meet you in the middle.
No you won't. the "middle" would require some level of proof on your part, and that is just not possible without blind faith. (no E.C. drops)
Lop off your dome, show me your brain, and I'll happily concede your intelligence.
OK, Osama bin Truman.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

E UNUM PLURIBUS
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Truman wrote:
I have no idea if what Cameron is saying is true or not. But I do know it is the height of logical fallacy to insist that someone provide proof for a negative outcome.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

It's simple. Either he has DNA proof that it's the Jesus and family, or he doesn't. I have no idea how he possibly can, and I have no idea how else he could prove it. This story is just retarded.
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Mace wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:Well I wish I had the power to resurrect. Think of the insurance premiums I could accrue.

But,

Believe it, don't believe it.....doesn't really matter to me, Bushice. The point is that some douchebag from Hollywood isn't going to disprove it in a bogus little film.
I agree a hollywood film is hardly proof of anything but that shallow entertainment makes money, but it's the concept...
The fact that not everyone "resurrects" kinda plays into the argument of the Christians, IMO......like, that's the whole idea.
Mace
The fact is it has only - allegedly - happened just once doesn't play into anyones hands. If it was shown to actually be possible under those circumstances, they might have a case. They don't, it isn't. All that's left is belief for those who want or need to do so.
Jesus H. Christ
Jake

Post by Jesus H. Christ »

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

People come out of comas, people are thought dead only to come out of it. It's rare, but it happens.

What's compelling is that, according to the Gospel, Jesus knew this would occur. That He, for all practical purposes, be clinically dead after a brutal crucifixtion and torture, only to recover by some miracle (unexplained phenomena) and walk out of the tomb.

As stated, such things occur today, so I don't believe it's out of the question that it happened in the circumstance of Jesus. The fact He was aware and self concious of this destiny throughout His life (according to the Gospel) is what I find solidifies my belief that He was exactly who He said was and was about, what He said he was about (the Father's business).
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Nothing like reading takes from those that do not believe in God. Instead, they mock those that do.

What a fucking pathetic waste of time this thread or any other based on religion is. Those of you going through life with 30 or 40 year long fuses burning up towards your asses... have fun with it.

That soul from the rotting corpse known as Anna Nicole Smith is wishing she didn't lead the life she had right about now. You can't hear her screaming right now.

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Truman wrote:
Gold, Jerry.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Tom In VA wrote:(according to the Gospel)
Which were written by his devoted disciples from 30 to as much as 80 years after his death.

How big was that fish you caught when you were 15,Tom? ;)

And what did you have for dinner that night 40 years ago?
Last edited by Mister Bushice on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Atomic Punk wrote:Nothing like reading takes from those that do not believe in God. Instead, they mock those that do.

What a fucking pathetic waste of time this thread or any other based on religion is. Those of you going through life with 30 or 40 year long fuses burning up towards your asses... have fun with it.

That soul from the rotting corpse known as Anna Nicole Smith is wishing she didn't lead the life she had right about now. You can't hear her screaming right now.
Hilarious.
pron
Elwood

Post by pron »

Atomic Punk wrote:That soul from the rotting corpse known as Anna Nicole Smith is wishing she didn't lead the life she had right about now. You can't hear her screaming right now.
Can't strippers and whores believe in God and Jesus and get into Heaven? What about Mary Magdelene? Image
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mister Bushice wrote:
Which were written by his devoted disciples from 30 to as much as 80 years after his death.

That's a trick question, I'm only 37.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

pron wrote:What about Mary Magdelene?
She wasn't a whore. Catholic church made that part up.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

pron wrote:Can't strippers and whores believe in God and Jesus and get into Heaven? What about Mary Magdelene? Image
Nope, God said there was to be no sex in the Champagne Room.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
pron wrote:What about Mary Magdelene?
She wasn't a whore.
How do you know ?

Of course it wouldn't matter if she was a whore or not, the bottom line is, she could very well be in heaven despite her "whoretitude" that is something that is entirely up to God. I mean if God's mercy let's me into heaven and I see a "whore" there, am I going to tell God He's wrong ?

I think not.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote:
pron wrote:Can't strippers and whores believe in God and Jesus and get into Heaven? What about Mary Magdelene? Image
Nope, God said there was to be no sex in the Champagne Room.
That was before they got plastic on the furniture and "scotch-guard" for the carpets.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Tom In VA wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:

That's a trick question, I'm only 37.
Don't dodge. make it 25 years ago then.

The answer is the same. Time distorts reality. People see what they want to see. Each gospel has a variation on what was seen at the tomb the next day. 30-60 years time also means they were old men when they wrote it.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

So you deny the rare phenomena that people have been considered 'dead' only to awaken ?

Even with today's technology ?
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Bizzarofelice wrote: Hilarious.
You're so predictably easy to bait. Go blow up a local STL mosque today (take yer pick between Sunni or Shiite) and we'll call it even.

Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Tom In VA wrote:So you deny the rare phenomena that people have been considered 'dead' only to awaken ?

No, But you could stop dodging me on the memory and fact aspect of this discussion.

and given the extent of Jesus injuries it is highly unlikely he was a Lazarus Phenomenon.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mister Bushice wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:So you deny the rare phenomena that people have been considered 'dead' only to awaken ?

No, But you could stop dodging me on the memory and fact aspect of this discussion.

and given the extent of Jesus injuries it is highly unlikely he was a Lazarus Phenomenon.
1. I agree time has the ability to distort reality. But it is not a given that it does. Now if you're saying "hindisight is 20.20" you are absolutely correct.

2. That's right, you think it's unlikely, but it is possible. Neither of us can prove that it happened or that it did not happen. While you automatically say "there's no way", I say "It could have happened and here's why ....". Both of our conclusions are subjective, I'll give you that. Of course mine if the fruit of a more open mind and heart, whereas yours is riddled with close mindedness and fear. :lol:
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Mace wrote:I think it's ridiculous for anyone to try pinning paternity of Mary Magdelen's children on Jesus when we know for a fact that Luther was roaming the streets at that time. Cameron needs to get a DNA sample from Luther before airing this film, IMO.....that is, IF he wants to document the facts.
Whooooah, there Mace. You might just be on to something here. Of course, ol' Luth's form of healing didn't come from the laying of hands. In fact, I heard he once parted the Red Sea...or was it a glass of port, with his "swizzle stick". At that time, his peeps were calling him Moses or something.

One thing is certain, you're off the hook Mace ol' buddy. While I know you had a passing fancy for ol' Mary Mags and the 7, your true feeling lay elsewhere, away in a manger, with a very "sheepish" look in your eye.
Of course, if Mary Magdelen was a fat, ugly skank, it coulda been someone from the Dinsdale clan that knocked her up. Ridiculous, you say? Yeah, kinda like some Hollywood whackjob coming out with "evidence" and trying to make a few million bucks. Go figure. Personally, I like my story better.
Me too Mace. Although perhaps a slight tweak to the casting:

Dinsdale ancestor played by Charlie Sheen (nice call, especially if he has that balding Artie Mitchell look from 'Rated X'.)
Mary Magdelen played by Miss Conduct (nah, you've gotta go with Cinder all the way.)
Jesus played by Poptart (amen)
Luther plays himself (not only himself, but Moses, Methuzala and Noah -- a shoo in for next years Oscars!)
Bartender in the motel bar played by Goober (with nostra in a cameo as a "lady of indulgence")
Mary Magdelen's kids played by KCKid and Kaley (or Cicero and "friend")

Narration by Mike the Lab Rat (since Rod Serling is dead, bet)
I like it.

Mace
Cut and print.