UT peeps-Jermie Calhoun

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Grades, or lack of SAT/ACT score. Also could be that Mack is going after Tre Newton instead. But we have another jr day this weekend I think Calhoun is attending.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I was as shocked as most Texas fans to learn this. The last I heard, he was coming for Junior day this weekend. Something must have happened. He has been a Texas fan his whole life and everything I have read says he was a lock, if offered.

The only negative I have heard was that he is a grade risk. They must be pretty bad if he cannot even get an offer.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

he is going to sign with Florida!

Sin,

T Rex
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote:but there's three semesters and a summer for him to get his grades up. .
that's what i was thinking.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

The last time Texas dropped such a big name recruit was DJ Williams and they dropped him because he didn't fit in with the other players on the team. Another guy Texas dropped was that DT that eventually signed with Alabama and got them in huge trouble with the NCAA because his coach was on the take.

I'm not saying Calhoun was anything like those mentioned above, but no way Mack turns away talent like that without a reason. Especially when it comes to grades. The one thing that caught my eye was his coach was taking a big part in his recruitment. When I see this happen lately I've thrown up a red flag.

As of now no one knows what is going on only he really wanted to go to Texas and got shot down.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Well, he's gone ahead and committed to OU. So there's that. :D

I guess that you guys telling me that Bus1 wasn't the best back in Texas and Calhoun was don't need to worry about it anymore. ;)
Well I can honestly say Texas Didn't Offer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

At this point I don't know how he compares to the backs Texas has committed, what I do know is We have 3 running backs committed and he really wanted to be a longhorn but had to settle on being a spooner.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Harvdog wrote: He has been a Texas fan his whole life and everything I have read says he was a lock, if offered.

The only negative I have heard was that he is a grade risk. They must be pretty bad if he cannot even get an offer.
You'd think these kids might make a little effort as far as academics if they're so damned excited about playing at a certain school.
It suprises me exactly 0%. Every day in class, I see kids who would rather go to the office, get detention, and even In School Detention in lieu of doing even one sheet of homework. As long as school districts allow social promotion; and, even worse, put it in the hands of individual parents, then there are going to be kids who choose to be complete dipshits. They don't understand the long-term consequences of this, no matter how many times you try to tell them, and they only see "being cool," and having more free time as positives.

Something else struck me the other day... I worked hard, for a number of years, at schoo, even while partyingl... then stopped working hard in my early 20's, and partied like a college kid for a while, putting school on the back burner... then, around 30, I decided to finish school. Now that I've been through just about every possible phase of school, and through most phases of life, I can honestly say that, I've worked hard my whole life to get to the point where i can play video games all day long on a Saturday if I want to, and nobody can bitch at me for it; and it won't hurt "my future," either.

It's one of the few things left in my life that consistantly makes me happy.

Ironically, it's one of the few things left that I do that would be considered "wrong" under the constraints of one of the few things I've left to do... Marriage.

Ah, life.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

the_ouskull wrote: Ironically, it's one of the few things left that I do that would be considered "wrong" under the constraints of one of the few things I've left to do... Marriage.
Not if you have a super-cool wife.