Adios, Marty!

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Chiming For Fags

Adios, Marty!

Post by 420 »

See what 14-2 will get ya.

This organization sucks ass, and always will.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Damn. I know Shittenheimer has a track record for sucking cack in the playoffs but I definitely thought they'd give him another chance considering his 14-2 regular season record. I guess it just goes to show that only winning the superbowl keeps your job safe.

So.......

no head coach
no defensive coordinator
no offensive coordinator

= rebuilding

Pat yourselves on the back Charger fan. It was a pretty good run. It's unfortunate that you'll actually have slimmer pickings than the Cowboys did for their head coach. I'm betting there are quite a few Chargers who are now pissed that Phillips is gone.

:lol:
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

DallasFanatic wrote:Damn. I know Shittenheimer has a track record for sucking cack in the playoffs but I definitely thought they'd give him another chance considering his 14-2 regular season record.

This is the Chargers we're talking about. This is the same team that had a coach take them to the Super Bowl (cough*Bobby Ross*cough) and look what that got him.

This is an organization that is absolutely terrified of success, and they'll do any and everything in their power to avoid it at all costs.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The Chargers had no choice. No way they were going to be able to hire a decent DC with Marty the lame duck as HC.

I looked as this upcoming year as a waste, now.......

AJ Smith now needs to find the right guy.

I do believe AJ wanted Wade Philips though if Marty fell short again.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Joe, we both know there isn't the "right guy" available now. The question will be do the Chargers want to give up the draft picks to talk with Cowher or Lovie. The only other candidate that I think is worth a shit is Jimmy Johnson and I don't see him leaving his FOX gig. So now you have a choice between Rivera, Caldwell, Singletary, Turner, Martz, etc. None of those really sounds all that appealing.

Good luck with the coaching search. I know how shitty the selection process is.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

Almost makes me think they were going to do it all along. Now all the head coaching positions are filled so there's no where for him to coach next year. Don't care what anyone says but Marty didn't lose that game for them against the pats. I think AJ has done some good things for the team but acts like a little bitch in others. Now all his coaches are gone. He's letting their leading tackler the past 5 seasons Donnie Edwards go because he doesn't like him either. They should have done it the day after the loss and made either Cameron or Phillips their coach now who's he going to get? Maybe Don Coryell is available.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

If the Chargers had any brains... they would hire Ron Rivera, and enjoy the Super Bowl they'd end up in.

Being that this is the Chargers... there isn't chance in hell they'd make this move.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

420 wrote:If the Chargers had any brains... they would hire Ron Rivera, and enjoy the Super Bowl they'd end up in.

Being that this is the Chargers... there isn't chance in hell they'd make this move.
You're smoking crack if you think Rivera would lead this team to a superbowl.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

DallasFanatic wrote:
420 wrote:If the Chargers had any brains... they would hire Ron Rivera, and enjoy the Super Bowl they'd end up in.

Rivera is without question the best D coordinator in the NFL and if it were not for Sexy Rexy... the Bears would have won the Super Bowl.

Take a look at the most successful teams in the NFL over the last 7 years and tell me their head coaches' backgrounds. Hell, take a look at the two coaches in the Super Bowl this year, and tell those two weren't some of the best D coordinators in football before they took over as head coaches.

It's too bad Jerry Jones is a complete idiot and took Wade over Rivera, but he's been known for his idiotic moves for many, many years.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I have the perfect candidate.

Norv Turner.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

DallasFanatic wrote:

The biggest reason Dallas didn't hire him is because he runs a 4-3 defense...San Diego had the 3-4 in place with Phillips. Would they want to switch to a 4-3 for Rivera?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Toddowen wrote:That premonition I had after the Chargers loss to Pats of building a type of Roman funeral pyre and incinerating all my Charger gear looks like it was the right thing to do.

Fukken organization's doing it all for me anyhow.
Will you be in the gear?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Maybe now Marty will have time to go to the dentist.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

420 wrote: Rivera is without question the best D coordinator in the NFL and if it were not for Sexy Rexy... the Bears would have won the Super Bowl.
Yeah- b/c Grossman was responsible for the Bears inability to stop the Colts Offense.... moron. The Bears had a great D- but their stats were over inflated by playing the easiest schedule of the year in the easiest division in football. Grossman was definitely paritally responsible for the loss... but their D was ineffectual against Indy's Offense.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Considering that Jerry Jones just wants an interim coach until Jason Garrett is ready, I think he would have taken Schottenheimer over Wade Phillips. I say Jerry offers Wade to the Chargers for a first round draft pick, and signs Schottenheimer.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

The Assassin wrote:I have the perfect candidate.

Norv Turner.
No.

Is Chucky available? That would piss off Raiderfan.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:Considering that Jerry Jones just wants an interim coach until Jason Garrett is ready, I think he would have taken Schottenheimer over Wade Phillips. I say Jerry offers Wade to the Chargers for a first round draft pick, and signs Schottenheimer.
A coach who has never won a playoff game for a first rounder?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

trev wrote:
The Assassin wrote:I have the perfect candidate.

Norv Turner.
No.

Is Chucky available? That would piss off Raiderfan.

Yes he is.

Sin,

Buccaneer Fan
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Considering that Jerry Jones just wants an interim coach until Jason Garrett is ready, I think he would have taken Schottenheimer over Wade Phillips. I say Jerry offers Wade to the Chargers for a first round draft pick, and signs Schottenheimer.
A coach who has never won a playoff game for a first rounder?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're talking about the Chargers. They might go for it.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Gleaned from "The Extrapalator"

Chargers Shoot Schottenheimer, Selves in Bizarre Murder-Suicide

February 13th, 2007 — extrapolater

San Diego - A tense situation turned tragic Monday night, when the San Diego Chargers fired several shots into the body of Marty Schottenheimer, killing him. The tearful franchise then turned the gun on itself, committing suicide.

Friends of the family characterized the relationship between the Chargers and Schottenheimer as strained, and speculated that the head coach’s problems with premature ejection in the playoffs might have added to the stress.

“Both Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy worked as assistants under Marty” said new Dallas Coach Wade Phillips “For them to find success he can’t achieve must have really made him feel like less of a man.”

Sources close to the Chargers organization speculate that the turning point in the relationship came in late January, when Bobby Ross, also a former head man in San Diego, retired from the Army Football program. Rob “Chud” Chudzinski, who left the Bolts to become Offensive Coordinator in Cleveland, speculated that Schottenheimer’s interest in another program might have finally pushed the Chargers to the breaking point.

“He was always mooning about how nice it would be to have a relationship without all of the pressure of the playoffs.” said Chudzinski “With Bobby out of the picture, he just couldn’t resist making eyes at a hot young college program. It happens to some men when they reach a certain age. But that doesn’t excuse his behavior.”

Chudzinski broke down in tears as he surveyed the damage that was done to the most vulnerable victims in the bizarre love triangle - the players.

“Shawne Merriman was barely holding on when he had two parents” sobbed Chud “what’s going to happen to him now that his whole family is gone? And LaDanian - so much potential in that kid. All this dysfunction and hate is just holding him back. It’s no wonder he’s started to lash out at successful authoritarians like Bill Belichick. He’s just sublimating his desire for a strong male role model.”

Schottenheimer’s body will be on public display during Tuesday night’s SportsCenter broadcast, but psychologists warn that his unnatural pallor, rigid posture, and vacant eyes may upset children in the viewing audience.

The Chargers have asked that resumes be sent in lieu of flowers.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Here's the list thus far:

Ron Rivera Per John Clayton... ESPN.com

Mike Sherman
Mike Martz
Steve Mariucci Per Adam Schefter NFL Network
James Lofton
Mike Singletary
Pete Carrol
Norv Turner Outside Chances Per Adam Schefter

Ron Rivera has AJ Smith's favor according to both Shefter and Clayton and is a very early frontrunner. Norv Turner was a former San Diego offensive coordinator; he's failed as a head coach, but has a good relationship with LT. Mike Martz has ties to the San Diego area, with a home and a boat here. James Lofton is the only noted candidate who is already on San Diego's staff.

Clayton reports (in the link provided above) that Bill Cowher will not be considered as he has contractual obligations with Pittsburgh and is a very close friend of Schottenheimer... creating personal conflicts... conflicts that would have a tangible affect on the relationship with GM AJ Smith.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

e wrote: james lofton? seriously? what has he done? wr coach?
He once got our dead battery goin by mixin' bird feces and spit, cause there's like acids in it, eh?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

NICE RESET

RACK
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

BBMarley wrote:
420 wrote: Rivera is without question the best D coordinator in the NFL and if it were not for Sexy Rexy... the Bears would have won the Super Bowl.

Yeah- b/c Grossman was responsible for the Bears inability to stop the Colts Offense.... moron.

You've never been the brightest bulb in the NFL forum... but you always seem to be the first to raise your hand and make a complete fool of yourself, which personally I find quite entertaining.

Let me help you out here dipshit, mkay.

5 turnovers... do you want to know who was responsible for all of them?

This will come into play when we look at the "time of possession".

BBMarley wrote:but their D was ineffectual against Indy's Offense.
Once again, the bulb doesn't shine too bright around the Marley household!

Lets take a look... shit for brains, shall we?

Time of possession:

Colts... 38:04

Bears... 21:56

Total yards for the Bears... 265.

Now even you, can see why you're a complete fucking idiot!
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

420 wrote:Rivera is without question the best D coordinator in the NFL and if it were not for Sexy Rexy... the Bears would have won the Super Bowl.
idiot.

Rivera's vaunted defense let a rookie and a lifetime back-up run thru them like swiss cheese. Peyton pretty much picked them apart as well.

Best d-coordiantoors in the league. The Ryan brothers would be at the top of that list. Certainly above Rivera.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

e wrote:james lofton? seriously? what has he done?
Well, he was arrested for second-degree sexual assault in Green Bay. Sounds like a good fit.

Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Sirfindafold wrote:
420 wrote:Rivera is without question the best D coordinator in the NFL and if it were not for Sexy Rexy... the Bears would have won the Super Bowl.
idiot.

Rivera's vaunted defense let a rookie and a lifetime back-up run thru them like swiss cheese. Peyton pretty much picked them apart as well.
Oh look, the moron made it in.

Moron, which team was in the Super Bowl??? The Bears with Rivera??? Or the Raiders with Ryan???

Psssst! Good luck selling the Bears O as being the reason they made it to the Super Bowl and not the perennial losers from the east bay.

Sirfindafold wrote:Best d-coordiantoors in the league. The Ryan brothers would be at the top of that list. Certainly above Rivera.

Raider myopia should be a certified medical condition.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Well, he was arrested for second-degree sexual assault in Green Bay.
He was also acquitted.
I believe he got off twice on similar charges. That could bode well for his chances of succeeding at the higher echelons of the NFL.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Well, he was arrested for second-degree sexual assault in Green Bay.
He was also acquitted.
So was O. J.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Well, he was arrested for second-degree sexual assault in Green Bay.
He was also acquitted.
I believe he got off twice
Indyclofton?

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

O.J. was not acquitted. He was found not guilty, dumbfuck.

in 3...2...1...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

2006 total defense rankings:

1.) Ravens
3.) Raiders
5.) Bears

Maybe that tough bear defense could of been ranked higher if they didn't have to play those NFL juggernauts Lions, Packers and Vikings twice a year.

Stick to selling chimes and sucking dick.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Oh...that was sarcastic btw. Forgot the :meds:
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Sirfindafold wrote:2006 total defense rankings:

1.) Ravens
3.) Raiders
5.) Bears

Maybe that tough bear defense could of been ranked higher if they didn't have to play those NFL juggernauts Lions, Packers and Vikings twice a year.

Psssst! You're missing the point. The Raiders weren't in the Super Bowl and the Bears were.

The Raiders were the worst team in the NFL... and the Bears, well, they were in the Super Bowl.

I've got news for ya... the Raiders and Super Bowl will never come up again in the same sentence ever, unless we're refering to watching the game at home on tv.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

420 wrote:I've got news for ya... the Raiders, Marty and Super Bowl will never come up again in the same sentence ever, unless we're refering to watching the game at home on tv.
ftfy
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

So when you say that rivera is the best d-coordinatoor "without question," the point you're trying to make is that the bears are better than the Raiders

got it.

go fuck yourself.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

420 wrote:
BBMarley wrote:

Yeah- b/c Grossman was responsible for the Bears inability to stop the Colts Offense.... moron.

You've never been the brightest bulb in the NFL forum... but you always seem to be the first to raise your hand and make a complete fool of yourself, which personally I find quite entertaining.

Let me help you out here dipshit, mkay.

5 turnovers... do you want to know who was responsible for all of them?
Well- I counted 4- 3 by Grossman (2 INTs an 1 lost fumble)... 1 by Benson. So you have already proven yourself a dumbfuck by spweing off numbers that are not correct... that- combined with ignoring the fact that I did say Grossman was partailly responsible... picking and choosing your arguments? Nice....
420 wrote: This will come into play when we look at the "time of possession".
So will the fact that Indy shoved the ball down Chicago's throat. - 190 yards on 40 carries- average of 4.8 YPC
420 wrote:
BBMarley wrote:but their D was ineffectual against Indy's Offense.
Once again, the bulb doesn't shine too bright around the Marley household!

Lets take a look... shit for brains, shall we?

Time of possession:

Colts... 38:04

Bears... 21:56

Total yards for the Bears... 265.

Now even you, can see why you're a complete fucking idiot!
This doesn't make any sense at all.... of course their yards are going to be low when Indy was running the ball and eating up the clock. A solid D that could have won the game had their QB not fucked up would have been Baltimore. McNair turned the ball over 3 times (same as Grossman), but the D held Indy to 269 yards and 15 points. The Bears gave up 440 yards!!!!! That is not a great defense. They ran into an offensive juggernaut and buckled like a belt..

No one is denying Grossman is a fuckstick that did alot to lose that game for them... but their D was also the strongest in a weak conference, playing in the weakest divison in football and playing the easiest schedule (I just wanted to say this again, because you seemed to ignore it the first time).
Last edited by BBMarley on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

420 wrote:
Sirfindafold wrote:2006 total defense rankings:

1.) Ravens
3.) Raiders
5.) Bears

Psssst! You're missing the point. The Raiders weren't in the Super Bowl and the Bears were.

The Raiders were the worst team in the NFL... and the Bears, well, they were in the Super Bowl.

I've got news for ya... the Raiders and Super Bowl will never come up again in the same sentence ever, unless we're refering to watching the game at home on tv.
So- now you are saying that because the Raiders suck, Rivera is a great coach. Way to completly ignore the argument being presented and resort to the "your team sucks" argument...
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BBMarley,

I think the point he's making is that the offense coughed up the ball resulting in 7 direct points AND the other times they coughed it up gave the Colts great field position making it impossible for them to NOT score.

Crap, I think two fumbled were either in Colts field goal range or just took ONE first down to get them within field goal range.

Anyhow. That's what I think he's saying.

BTW, both teams from that division played in the conference final. So I don't know where you get off saying that division was is the weakest.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote: Uhh...the Saints aren't in the NFC North there, Champ.

Uhm...he meant the Seahawks from the week before.

They're Black And Blue, right?

Wait...I think he meant to say that the Byes play in the NFC North.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one