DVD copying

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Carneliat
Crack Whore

DVD copying

Post by Carneliat »

I'm looking for a good free program for copying DVD's. I've tried sample programs of Easy Shrink and DVD clone but since i only have one DVD drive i have to copy everything to my hard drive before burning and when I burn it doesn't put the files on the disk in the correct order. Is there a better program someone can recommend or am I just ignorant of how these programs should be working?
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

we should really get a search function installed on this web site
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Need to have a sticky for general DVD Ripping.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

If someone writes up a good initial step by step post for beginners we can sticky it. Then people can add their own experiances with different software or at least links to external Guides.

I should also add, as an answer that ripping DVDs, even if you have a DVD Reader and a seperate DVD Writer will still first put the content to your Harddrive. Also, you have not included any good information to allow us to even begin to give you hints on how to solve the problem. And finally, whats this "puts the files on the dvd in the wrong order". That doesn't even make sense.

There are a variety of DVD Rippers and Burners out there. Some of the newer DVD's try to encorporate special compressions to screw up the rippers, which means that sometimes you have to use a specific ripper to get a good copy. Also, certain DVD writers, software and DVD disks are not as good for throwing it into your DVD player and watching the movie on your TV.

Can you play your DVD in the computer? Are you just trying to play it in a standalone DVD player? What kind of DVD disk did you use (+ or -, R or RW)? What kind of DVD player and burner are you using? Which movies did you try to burn? Just one or half your collection?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Well, I will say that I use the following:

http://www.ripitforme.org

RipItForMe uses the following software as well:

DVD Decryptor
FixVTS
DVD Shrink

They have a forum ont hat website that kicks ass if you have any issues burning a DVD.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...