Peyton the MVP?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Peyton the MVP?

Post by War Wagon »

First, rack the dude for finally winning it all. I guess all the naysayers (you know who you are) will now have to find another chump to rag on. How's that foot taste, btw?

That said, no way do I think Manning should've been the MVP. And no, it wasn't Rhodes or Addai either. My vote goes to that entire O-line who simply manhandled and bitchslapped da' Bears vaunted defense around the entire game.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I'd make a case for Kelvin Hayden. That was a sweet INT return.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Yep, Rack him for finally winning a championship.

But 25 of 38, 247 yards, 1 and 1 doesn't exactly scream MVP.

I'd vote for Rhodes -- outstanding game for him -- or Hayden -- it was his interception that iced the game. The OL isn't a bad pick either.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

MVP?

Jesus Christ, of course. Hell, he won the damn game.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RadioFan wrote:.
I'd vote for Rhodes -- outstanding game for him --
That was my initial thought, until I realized that he'd rushed for over 100 yards all of 5 times during his career... all in 2001.

As for Hayden. Yeah, nice return on the INT, but that came off yet another wounded duck floater from Rex ikeepsteppingonmyowndick Grossman. My gawd, that guy sucks. He shouldn't even bother getting on the plane back to Chicago.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote:
RadioFan wrote:.
I'd vote for Rhodes -- outstanding game for him --
That was my initial thought, until I realized that he'd rushed for over 100 yards all of 5 times during his career... all in 2001.
The fact that it wasn't in any way expected is what makes his accomplishment tonight that much more outstanding, imo. Dude stepped up in a huge way on the biggest stage. Granted, the Bears were keying on Addai, but Rhodes was running like a guy possessed when he got the ball.

Not that it matters, since the voters went the safe route with Manning.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Your Super Bowl XLI MPV was the rain that caused 5 fumbles.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Give the man his due. He managed the game and picked apart the Bears D.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I was among those who had the opinion that neither Manning or Dungy would ever win a Super Bowl.

Wrong, I was.

Props to the Colts.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Manning as MVP ?

Not buying it. I approve of Sanders, the lineZ

Or Rhodes.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I think Rhodes and Addai should've been co-MVPs...Manning really had the one throw to Wayne and he was insanely wide open. Good for Peyton winning it and all but he didn't have a stellar game or a stellar playoff for that matter. His best play of the playoffs was that second half against the Pats but the Colts won as a team yesterday and they didn't rely on him to carry them on his back.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I've re-evaluated my assessment. Upon further review, a combination of BSmack's candidate and mvscal's candidate is awarded MVP.

RACKS to you both
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

mvscal wrote:Rex Grossman was clearly the Colts' MVP.
His strength as a passer was his deep ball and he failed twice late in the game and it clearly made the difference. That first INT to Hayden was just a horrible throw on his part. It looked like a wounded duck and it was easy pickings. Hayden made a tremendous athletic play to take it to the house. Sanders interception was the better defensive play but Grossman made a fatal error in not reading that was the safety in the general area of where he was going with the ball. Grossman also got away with one early on when Bethea almost made the pick on the diving attempt in the first quarter.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Shoalzie wrote:Sanders interception was the better defensive play but Grossman made a fatal error in not reading that was the safety in the general area of where he was going with the ball.

The ball was underthrown by about 10 yards... it had nothing to do with a "bad read" ... the receiver (Berrian, I think) had his man beat by a good 5 yards...
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Sanders interception was the better defensive play but Grossman made a fatal error in not reading that was the safety in the general area of where he was going with the ball.

The ball was underthrown by about 10 yards... it had nothing to do with a "bad read" ... the receiver (Berrian, I think) had his man beat by a good 5 yards...
Your description sounds like Hayden's interception by the sideline, where he ran for a TD. The challenge to see if he stepped out of bounds on the return failed and points stayed on the board.

Sanders (who laid a hell of a hit causing a fumble earlier in the game) interception was more a product of his skill and ability than anything else.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:Rex Grossman was clearly the Colts' MVP.
that guy puts the suck in suckitude.......

if he just could have thrown a few more wounded ducks, he'd have cinched it.....
get out, get out while there's still time
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

I love how people cannot give Manning his due. These are the same people who said he was not the same QB as 2 time Superbowl MVP Tom Brady.... but what did Brady did in first MVP effort? 145 yards and 1 TD. Yeah- not overly impressive at all
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BBMarley wrote:I love how people cannot give Manning his due. These are the same people who said he was not the same QB as 2 time Superbowl MVP Tom Brady.... but what did Brady did in first MVP effort? 145 yards and 1 TD. Yeah- not overly impressive at all

He drove them down the field for the final kick...that's probably what won him that award.

Manning didn't make the difference-making play in the game like Brady did. I'm not discounting him at all though...the guy got his ring and any of his critics can shut up now. I think this was more of a team effort than Manning being the best player on the field like he is in most games. Don't tell me Addai and Rhodes were any less valuable in the game. Plus, credit to the o-line for holding the Bears to one sack, physically dominating the battle up front and for them to run the ball as well as they did. The Colts 'manned up' in the playoffs and beat up one of the toughest defensive teams in recent history.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BBMarley wrote:I love how people cannot give Manning his due.
What do you mean ? He's a great QB and was the leader of the Super Bowl Champions. The question, was HE the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER in yesterday's game ?

I don't think so.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Tom In VA wrote:Your description sounds like Hayden's interception by the sideline, where he ran for a TD. The challenge to see if he stepped out of bounds on the return failed and points stayed on the board.

Sanders (who laid a hell of a hit causing a fumble earlier in the game) interception was more a product of his skill and ability than anything else.

No... I am talking about the Sanders pick... yes, he went up and made a great play on the ball. However, the play was a touchdown were it a decently thrown ball. Berrian was running wide open up the numbers on the right side of the field. The ball was intercepted near the middle of the field... It was a horribly underthrown ball... and over the wrong shoulder.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:The ball was intercepted near the middle of the field... It was a horribly underthrown ball... and over the wrong shoulder.
Okay, we're talking about the same play. It didn't strike me as a "horribly" underthrown ball. More than likely because it was on the very next series after Hayden's TD, which was ..... a horribly, disgusting to an exponential degree underthrown ball. Relative to that, it was a decent catchable ball that might had been caught were it not for Sander's skill and ability. Flat out, he stole that ball.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I would've given it to Addai. He helped move the chains when Manning couldn't with HUGE 1st down runs. Bob Sanders wouldn't be a terrible pick, but the Bears' O did a better job of shutting itself down than Indy's D did.

But let's be real - and I'm not discrediting Manning because I like the guy - but all the Colts had to do was win, and the MVP was basically his. All he had to do was start the game and not completely melt down.
Mile-Hi T
Elwood

Post by Mile-Hi T »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I would've given it to Addai. He helped move the chains when Manning couldn't with HUGE 1st down runs. Bob Sanders wouldn't be a terrible pick, but the Bears' O did a better job of shutting itself down than Indy's D did.

But let's be real - and I'm not discrediting Manning because I like the guy - but all the Colts had to do was win, and the MVP was basically his. All he had to do was start the game and not completely melt down.
That's pretty sad if that's the case.

Rhodes would be my pick. He took the game over in the 2nd half.....But just because you can't give it to the entire o-line.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Re: Peyton the MVP?

Post by Mississippi Neck »

War Wagon wrote:My vote goes to that entire O-line who simply manhandled and bitchslapped da' Bears vaunted defense around the entire game.
Agreed.

Manning did guide the offense to the win though, so I am okay with him winning.

BTW, don't know if anyone heard, both coaches were black yesterday.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Re: Peyton the MVP?

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Mississippi Neck wrote: BTW, don't know if anyone heard, both coaches were black yesterday.
I heard they still are.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Wow. Nice. Did you hear that was the first time ever?
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Yo Neck, Sirfindafold is saying Dungy is Puerto Rican. Did you know he was the first Puerto Rican to coach a superbowl?
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

No shit? So we still don't have a winning African American coach? That will set race relations back another two or three seconds.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Isn't Tom Flores Puerto Rican?
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

My picks were God and Rex Grossman, but they got shit canned by Q... because he's a little sensitive when a topic involves Sexy Rexy.

Now that I've had time to think about it, this should've been my second choice right behind God.

Tarik Glenn Super Bowl MVP...

He did shut down Alex Brown all day long.

Chicago defended the Colts passing offense very well. It was the effectiveness of the running attack that won them the game.

Running game goes nowhere...

without good offinsive line play. Why not give it to an O-lineman for a change? Tarik Glenn is one of the best at his position. Second year in a row in the Pro-Bowl, right?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

RadioFan wrote:Yep, Rack him for finally winning a championship.

But 25 of 38, 247 yards, 1 and 1 doesn't exactly scream MVP.

I'd vote for Rhodes -- outstanding game for him -- or Hayden -- it was his interception that iced the game. The OL isn't a bad pick either.
what the fukk did your OL do for the game? Was she down there in the locker room for some pregame activities?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.