I remember the last time it was said the Patriots CANT win:

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Th
PAT FAN

I remember the last time it was said the Patriots CANT win:

Post by Th »

They went on to beat the Rams in the Superbowl. Here's my thoughts on the Pats/Bolts matchup on Sunday in the Divisional: If San Diego plays up to their full potential there isn't a team in football that is likely to beat them. However, of the teams left in the AFC playoffs New England has as good a shot as anyone of going in to get the upset.

Discuss. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Go Patriots! ! ! !
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I remember a lot of people saying the Patriots couldn't beat Denver last year.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
BSmack wrote:I remember a lot of people saying the Patriots couldn't beat Denver last year.
Pretty safe to say this Charger team is a few notches BETTER than that Mule team of a year ago.
I think you're totally missing the boat on what he's saying. If you need someone to explain it to you, I'd be glad to.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

New England wins the tough, physical battle this week- getting beat up in the porcess. They then need to go into Indy to win next week. Indy finally gets over on Brady/Billichek in the playoffs
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

This post is a typical strawman argument. Nobody is saying the Pats can't win and in fact quite a few are picking the Pats. So save me the whining.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Any of the remaining AFC teams can definitely make it to the SB. Of the teams that are left, I'd say that the least likely are the Mannings, the most likely the Bolts if for no other reason than home field. The Pats are close behind the Chargers, and the Ravens behind the Pats because I don't think their defense alone will carry them at this point.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: I remember the last time it was said the Patriots CANT w

Th wrote:Discuss. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You're a shit poster.

JTR brings more to this board than you do. End of story.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:

You're a shit poster.

Damn that's harsh
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

You're a shit poster.

Firstly... I concur. Nothing I hate more than a shit Patfan.
Secondly, I don't recall anyone in the media saying that the Pat's can't win this one, Th.
Thirdly, nothing surprises me about the Pats any longer. When it comes to neutralizing another team's weapon, BB is the best in the game. Period. So, yes, the Pats can win. However, I think the best BB can hope to do is limit LT... he'll never stop him.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BBMarley wrote:New England wins the tough, physical battle this week- getting beat up in the porcess. They then need to go into Indy to win next week. Indy finally gets over on Brady/Billichek in the playoffs
Huh?

Baltimore is going to plunger Indy and Peyton in particular, imo.

I really don't see NE beating SD either, but this one is going to be a great game. If you're a football and NFL fan, this game is can't miss. One of the great things about your team not advancing (once you get over the initial disappointment) is being able to sit back and watch the teams still left standing duke it out, while you can now be emotionally detached.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

There's nothing "great" about watching teams other than your own compete for the Superbowl.

Jus sayin
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Ok, how about "it doesn't suck"?

I'm not one those fans who goes and curls up in the basement after a playoff loss anymore.

That was like, so 1997.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I think the Pats have an excellent chance of winning.

Second if they do bet your ass Schottenheimer will be on the unemployment line. and he STILL would never take the Raider job if it were offered.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Toddowen wrote: Probably more truth in this for baseball than football.
Not true, Todd. I hates the Yankees so bad, well never you mind. I hate the Phillies, too.

Comparing my hatred towards those two teams as compared to some mere football rivalry... that'd be like comparing The Beatles and Led Zep as to the best band ever. Apples and oranges.
So there's plenty of reason to get emotional this weekend. Plenty of reason to lock the firearms away, hide the knives, and keep the Rolaids handy.
Not for moi. Cool, calm, collected, that is moi viewing this weekends games. My horse done went Barboro, but I'll still be watching with much interest who finishes down the stretch.
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

The Assassin wrote:I think the Pats have an excellent chance of winning.

Second if they do bet your ass Schottenheimer will be on the unemployment line. and he STILL would never take the Raider job if it were offered.
Yea I think it will be a good game. Of all the playoff teams in the AFC the Pats worried me the most just because they are so damn tough in the playoffs the last few years. They did get lucky against the Raiders though. I still say that was a fumble but the NFL hates Al Davis. They'll probably award the city of Oakland a Superbowl the year after he dies. As for Marty your right about that too. He'd probably rather have ice picks stuck through his balls than coach for them. I could see him in Pittsburgh if they lose on Sunday. Maybe promote Cam Cameron to head coach of the chargers rather than let him go run his offense on another team.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

War Wagon wrote:Ok, how about "it doesn't suck"?

I'm not one those fans who goes and curls up in the basement after a playoff loss anymore.

That was like, so 1997.

Um Wags......did you watch the Cowboy game? Allow me to assume the fetal posiition until next season.

In other news, good riddance to Mike Zimmer. I was always worried year in and year out about him leaving the boys. Now I am jumping for joy. Maybe we can get some more exotic blitz packages and actually rush the QB.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

War Wagon wrote: I hate the Phillies, too.

Just curious. Why?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

jiminphilly wrote:

Just curious. Why?

I'm going to go out on a huge limb here and guess... the 1980 World Series??????

Wanna see Whitey squirm?

:lol:

Mike Schmidt
Tug McGraw
Steve Carlton
Pete Rose

Oh!

Bake McBride

Uhm...

Bowa

Uhm...

Luzinski!
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

jiminphilly wrote:

Just curious. Why?

I'm going to go out on a huge limb here and guess... the 1980 World Series??????

Wanna see Whitey squirm?

:lol:

Mike Schmidt
Tug McGraw
Steve Carlton
Pete Rose

Oh!

Bake McBride

Uhm...

Bowa

Uhm...

Luzinski!
how easy I forget :D
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Th wrote:They went on to beat the Rams in the Superbowl. Here's my thoughts on the Pats/Bolts matchup on Sunday in the Divisional: If San Diego plays up to their full potential there isn't a team in football that is likely to beat them. However, of the teams left in the AFC playoffs New England has as good a shot as anyone of going in to get the upset.

Discuss. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Of course the Pats CAN win....they're just not going to.
You had your time. It's over for a while
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: I'm going to go out on a huge limb here and guess... the 1980 World Series??????
Aarrrgggh!

I'll never forget Willie Mays Aikens bashing two homeruns in games 1 and fucking 2, and the Royals still losing those games.

Truth me told, most of KC was just happy to finally beat the Yanks and be there. Not me. I was gripping hard. I've lived and died with the Royals for waaay longer than the Chiefs. George Brett was a baseball GOD!

I hope Tug McGraw dies a horrible death, if he ain't dead already.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Snipits:

Call me crazy, myopic, wishful, whatever! I'm calling a blow out along the lines of the 41-17 thrashing the Bolts laid on the Pats in Foxborough that ended New Englands 22 game home win streak.

We are a much better team now than in 05.
Rodney Harrison is OUT, Luis Castillo is back.
Brady will see pressure like no other and be forced to dump off all day.
Corey Dillon will find about as much running room as Rosie O'Donnell in a phone booth.
I like the trio of Dillon, Maroney, and Faulk, but then again...nobody runs on the Bolts.
Look for Gates to have a huge day.
Never discount Brady in the post season.
I'm still trying to score a ticket on ebay

AM I PUMPED
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

ChargerMike wrote:I like the trio of Dillon, Maroney, and Faulk, but then again...nobody runs on the Bolts.
:meds:

Really? 4.2 yards per attempt is good enough for 20th in the NFL.

:meds:

I am going to go out on a limb here and say... the reason 'no one runs on the Chargers' is because the Chargers offense is so good. If you need me to explain what that really means, I will.
ChargerMike wrote:Brady will see pressure like no other and be forced to dump off all day.
Seeing as how they have no deep threat and their whole offense is built around the quick slant, screen, and "dump off"... you're not telling us anything we already don't know.
ChargerMike wrote:We are a much better team now than in 05.
Rodney Harrison is OUT, Luis Castillo is back.
Harrison didn't play the last time they met either. Neither did about 5 other Patriots starters, who will be playing this time around

You're not really wowing me with your epic analysis here.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The Chargers are mostly juicers and fags. Under the heightened scrutiny of the postseason, they haven't ben able to either juice or Brokeback each other for the past two weeks. Rivers will throw an incomplete pass on their first offensive play and Marty won't allow him to throw another pass for the rest of the game. I see them rolling over like a bunch of whipped puppies to the Pats' superior playoff experience.

Pats 53
Bolts 5
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Ucan'tkeepup quipped:

"You're not really wowing me with your epic analysis here."

Snippet (snip'it), n. 1. a small bit, scrap, or fragment: snippets of information

Random House College Websters Dictionary

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

ChargerMike

Also from Merriam Webster:
Analysis
1 : separation of a whole into its component parts
2 a : the identification or separation of ingredients of a substance b : a statement of the constituents of a mixture

Didn't you just break down into little bitty pieces (based on facts and your interpretation thereof) how the game would play out? Is that not an analysis? The last cunt who went all 'dictionary smack' on me ending being beat over the head with it too.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Mikey wrote:Rivers will throw an incomplete pass on their first offensive play and Marty won't allow him to throw another pass for the rest of the game. I see them rolling over like a bunch of whipped puppies to the Pats' superior playoff experience.

Pats 53
Bolts 5

I see you working... I see a close game. If I were a Charger fan, Rivers' performance 2 out of the last 3 weeks would have me a little apprehensive. The Seahawks and the Chefs are not Bill Belichick and his D come playoff time.

I am calling my shot... Pats win 31-30 on a last second 54 yd FG by Gostkowski.

This comes a day after Vinatieri misses an 18 yarder as time expires against the Ravens in a 19-17 loss. Ironic, huh?
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:ChargerMike

Also from Merriam Webster:
Analysis
1 : separation of a whole into its component parts
2 a : the identification or separation of ingredients of a substance b : a statement of the constituents of a mixture

Didn't you just break down into little bitty pieces (based on facts and your interpretation thereof) how the game would play out? Is that not an analysis? The last cunt who went all 'dictionary smack' on me ending being beat over the head with it too.

...dictionary smack is seldom used, however when appropriate....The word snippet out front shoud have clued you in, since it got by you I pointed it out. I was NOT analyzing the game, simply throwing some fodder on the table. Try and stay with the program. For instance, your definition "separation of a WHOLE into its component parts"....flawed comparison....I didn't separate the WHOLE of the game, only parts of it...ya know "snippets" :meds:

here's a few more:

Brady chews up zone defenses.
Number one red zone offense vs. number one red zone defense
Veteran of many playoff games vs. a maiden
Reche Caldwell and Jabbar Gaffney both Charger castoffs.

Put your helmet on..and continue.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mikey wrote:Rivers will throw an incomplete pass on their first offensive play and Marty won't allow him to throw another pass for the rest of the game. I see them rolling over like a bunch of whipped puppies to the Pats' superior playoff experience.

Pats 53
Bolts 5

I see you working... I see a close game. If I were a Charger fan, Rivers' performance 2 out of the last 3 weeks would have me a little apprehensive. The Seahawks and the Chefs are not Bill Belichick and his D come playoff time.

I am calling my shot... Pats win 31-30 on a last second 54 yd FG by Gostkowski.

This comes a day after Vinatieri misses an 18 yarder as time expires against the Ravens in a 19-17 loss. Ironic, huh?
You'd be in Patfan heaven
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

ChargerMike wrote:here's a few more:

Thank you for providing further analysis of the game. Will your self ass-kicking continue, I mean, will you be providing more snippets?
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

ChargerMike wrote:here's a few more:

Thank you for providing further analysis of the game. Will your self ass-kicking continue, I mean, will you be providing more snippets?
..seems to be keeping you going, so..yes... I probably will:

Pats 7-1 on the road..Chargers 8-0 at home
Chargers third-string tight end Ryan Krause was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence during the weekend, the seventh run-in with the law by a team member this season.
Pats police blotter...not available

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

ChargerMike wrote:I probably will:

I always get a kick out of you pedantic idiots kicking their own asses. Let me get this straight... your sole defense into cunting up this forum with 'dictionary smack' of all things, is that you weren't done providing us with your shit analysis of the game... even though you never informed your audience that there was more to come? Is that it? Even though you listed a bunch of shit reasons for a Chargers win and provided a final score of the game? For real?

I see you need further schooling on what "whole" means as well. And hole**

**See also, ChargerMike beating himself silly with a dictionary in a sports forum.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

ChargerMike wrote:I probably will:

I always get a kick out of you pedantic idiots kicking their own asses. Let me get this straight... your sole defense into cunting up this forum with 'dictionary smack' of all things, is that you weren't done providing us with your shit analysis of the game... even though you never informed your audience that there was more to come? Is that it? Even though you listed a bunch of shit reasons for a Chargers win and provided a final score of the game? For real?

I see you need further schooling on what "whole" means as well. And hole**

**See also, ChargerMike beating himself silly with a dictionary in a sports forum.

...time out...I have to look up pedantic.......................summabitch, thanks for the compliment U. Sorry I can't say the same for your reading comprehension. Actually I've listed a bunch of reasons why the game could go either way. Grab a snippet, chew on it a bit, grab another....hey in no time you'll be even more confused than you already are.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

ChargerMike wrote:Actually I've listed a bunch of reasons why the game could go either way.
Right... I could see you were all torn up as to the outcome of the game:
ChargerMike wrote:I'm calling a blow out along the lines of the 41-17.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "trolled" line.

ChargerMike wrote:I have to look up pedantic.......................summabitch, thanks for the compliment U.
You're welcome:::
Merriam Webster wrote:3. : UNIMAGINATIVE, PEDESTRIAN
L8.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Blues fan?

I'm gettin ready to order this little gem...

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Mikey wrote:Blues fan?

There ya go again. Fuck the St Louis Blues.

:mrgreen:

Bruins!
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

I'm gettin ready to order this little gem...

HUUUUUGE...check this out Mikey...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TZ7omxqzag

John Lee Hooker

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

There ya go again. Fuck the St Louis Blues.

:mrgreen:

Bruins!
Go San Diego Gulls!!!

(...I guess they did go as of last summer)

Oh well, hockey should be played in plaid skirts as far as I'm concerned.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

ChargerMike wrote:
HUUUUUGE...check this out Mikey...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TZ7omxqzag

John Lee Hooker
Great stuff.
I just wish the piano player on Boom Boom Boom would sit down.
My feet got sore watching that.