Denver CB, Darrent Williams... DEAD

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Denver CB, Darrent Williams... DEAD

Post by Ken »

Breaking news as per ESPN. Holy Christ... shot and killed last night.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716385
DENVER -- Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in downtown Denver early Monday morning, police said.

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said police called him about 3 a.m. from the scene of the shooting and told him three people had been shot and that Williams had been killed.

A little after 2 a.m., a white Hummer limousine was sprayed with bullets from a vehicle that pulled up along its side, said Sonny Jackson, spokesperson for the Denver Police Department.

Three people in the limousine were hit and were taken to area hospitals, where one man was pronounced dead, Jackson said. The other man and woman who were shot were not identified.

Jackson said police were searching for the suspects and interviewing witnesses.

"We have no motive yet," Jackson said. "We're hoping to talk with witnesses to find out where they were coming from, and that might give us some clues."

Saccomano said he spoke with coach Mike Shanahan and others in the organization.

"Complete shock. We're speechless. It takes words away. A terrible tragedy," Saccomano said.

Hours before the shooting, the Broncos lost to San Francisco 26-23 in overtime, eliminating them from the playoff race.

The 24-year-old Williams finished the season with 88 tackles, 78 of them solo, and four interceptions.

On Sunday against the 49ers, he had three tackles and returned two punts for 50 yards before leaving the game with a shoulder injury late in the second half.

Williams, a second-round draft pick out of Oklahoma State in 2005, made an immediate impact on the Broncos, starting nine times in his rookie season following a stellar career at Oklahoma State, where he totaled 11 interceptions and scored three touchdowns on punt returns.

Players and coaches are off Monday. They were scheduled to meet Tuesday before heading home for the offseason.
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

How tragic
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

WTF?
get out, get out while there's still time
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

R.I.P.

Brutal. Just fucking brutal.

Sorry about your loss, Broncofan.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

I just hope that nothing comes out in the wash about this being football-related... Like 'cause Denver didn't cover and / or make the playoffs...

That would make it even more tragic.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

fuckin-a. I just heard about it a little bit ago. He will be missed, RIP.

This was another dagger in the heart of the fans and the team and makes what was already a horrible ending of the season even worse.
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

The previous active NFL player to die was Thomas Herrion of San Francisco. He had a heart attack following an exhibition game in Denver on Aug. 20, 2005.
Last 2 times these teams met in Denver a player was dead after the game. Sounds like a conspiracy to me. Bet they open the season next year in Denver.

BTW sorry about your loss Bronco fan. He was coming into his own this year. Tragic.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

YIKES...that's not right! :(
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Holy cow, what a shtty weekend for the Broncos and Broncofan.

RIP
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Local Fox affiliate is reporting that Williams expired in the arms of Javon Walker, who was also in the limo. No word on whether Walker was one of the wounded.

Also, the altercation reportedly happened at a New Years Eve party hosted by Denver Nugget, Kenyon Martin.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cuda wrote: Also, the altercation reportedly happened at a New Years Eve party hosted by Denver Nugget, Kenyon Martin.
Now there's a solid citizen, to be sure.

Seems as if dude was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong people.

Yes, it's a tragically senseless loss of life, but it's hard to work up much sympathy for a punk who put himself in that situation to begin with.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Denver seems like a safe city. Didn't Joey Porter get shot in the ass outside of the club there? No wonder A.I was traded there, he fits right in!
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Javon Walker was also in the limo when it took shots.. how fucked would the Broncs be if was taken out too..?
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

War Wagon wrote:
Seems as if dude was in the wrong place, at the wrong time...........
Really stupid to say this. He was at a NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY on NEW YEAR'S EVE.

Right up there with "senseless" murder. :meds:

Sorry for the loss, Bronco Fan.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

What a shitty deal. WTF is wrong with people?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Watching Dick Clark blows, but at least it don't kill ya.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

poptart wrote:Watching Dick Clark blows, but at least it don't kill ya.
Fucking Dick Clark had a stroke and with a paralyzed face he can still speak better than Lou Holtz.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Kansas City Kid wrote: Really stupid to say this. He was at a NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY on NEW YEAR'S EVE.
So? Do you know the circumstances of what provoked this shooting?

No you don't, and neither do I. It's very apparent though that he was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, around the wrong people. What's so hard to understand that he probably shouldn't have been there, or said the wrong thing to the wrong gangsta' wannabe?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Fucking Dick Clark had a stroke and with a paralyzed face he can still speak better than Lou Holtz.
:lol:

er.......I mean take it to the college forum.......:lol:
War Wagon wrote: It's very apparent though that he was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, around the wrong people.
as opposed to being in the right place at the wrong time with the wrong people....
or being in the wrong place at the right time with the wrong people....
or being in the right place at the right time with the wrong people....

the possibile combinations seem almost limitless......
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Cuda wrote:Local Fox affiliate is reporting that Williams expired in the arms of Javon Walker, who was also in the limo. No word on whether Walker was one of the wounded.
That sucks. He's a hometown kid. Here's a pic I ran across of his bloody shirt...

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Kansas City Kid wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
Seems as if dude was in the wrong place, at the wrong time...........
Really stupid to say this. He was at a NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY on NEW YEAR'S EVE.

Right up there with "senseless" murder. :meds:

Sorry for the loss, Bronco Fan.

...prolly just me, but I'm thinking rolling with the posse' on New Years eve may have the potential to put one at increased risk...

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Felix wrote: the possibile combinations seem almost limitless......
Not really.

Young. Black. Rich. Stupid. Party. Booze. Guns.

It all adds up to DEAD.

Oh, and nice job heading out to get your groove on just hours after getting punked out of the playoffs. I'm sure he was in a really jovial mood at the time and wanted nothing more than to spread some holiday cheer.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

War Wagon wrote:
Kansas City Kid wrote: Really stupid to say this. He was at a NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY on NEW YEAR'S EVE.
So? Do you know the circumstances of what provoked this shooting?

No you don't, and neither do I. It's very apparent though that he was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, around the wrong people. What's so hard to understand that he probably shouldn't have been there, or said the wrong thing to the wrong gangsta' wannabe?
And that doesn't make him at the "wrong place at the wrong time." Being at a NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY on FUCKING NEW YEAR'S EVE is the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time, Dumbass. Just like getting gas when your car is running low is being at the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time - even if some bastard shoots you down! It is a stupid ass thing you said but what else should we expect?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

yeah what the fuck was he thinking.....

it's his fault......
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Kansas City Kid wrote: Being at a NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY on FUCKING NEW YEAR'S EVE is the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time.
Read closely, shit for brains. Being at that clubbing party in the hood got his ass DEAD. So nooooo, it it wasn't the Right place or the Right time.

Idiot.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

I wish you would be at the wrong place at the wrong time.........but then again, that is your whole fucking life, Asshead.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

War Wagon wrote:
Young. Black. Rich. Stupid. Party. Booze. Guns.

It all adds up to DEAD.
Not to turn this into a cultural thing, but it's a cultural thing.

The whole hip hop bling bling ho ho culture glamorizes being:

Young. Black. Rich. Stupid. Party. Booze. Guns. (Add Hos, weed, pimped rides)

How many times has this scene been repeated in the NCAA, NBA or NFL?
I can think of at least 3 in the past year.

When someone said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time they were right.
If your making the jack those guys are, it seems a lot smarter to keep the party private.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Felix wrote:yeah what the fuck was he thinking.....

it's his fault......
Could be. Like I asked shit for brains Kaley but he couldn't answer... what provoked the attack?

It obviously wasn't some random drive-by. Are you going to say that he was just some innocent bystander? That's unlikely. More likely, he or his posse ran their punkazz mouths at the wrong ganstas.

HE PUT HIMSELF IN THAT SITUATION.

You play with fire, you get burned.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Kansas City Kid wrote:I wish you would be at the wrong place at the wrong time..
Bwa.

It doesn't take much to turn you into a quivering pile of man goo. I could almost see your chins trembling when you typed that.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote: When someone said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time they were right.
no I said he was in the wrong place at the right time.....or did I say it was the right place at the wrong time......quit confusing the issue...
War Wagon wrote: what provoked the attack?

It obviously wasn't some random drive-by. Are you going to say that he was just some innocent bystander? That's unlikely. More likely, he or his posse ran their punkazz mouths at the wrong ganstas.

this is a round-about way of saying "you are who you roll with" isn't it......

don't know what provoked the attack....but then again, neither do you....

you seem to be assuming a lot here wags......
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Felix wrote:
KC Scott wrote: When someone said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time they were right.
no I said he was in the wrong place at the right time.....or did I say it was the right place at the wrong time......quit confusing the issue...
War Wagon wrote: what provoked the attack?

this is a round-about way of saying "you are who you roll with" isn't it......

don't know what provoked the attack....but then again, neither do you....

you seem to be assuming a lot here wags......

...pretty much!

godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Darrent worked his ass off for his starting job, in my opinion one of the hardest jobs in the NFL being as he had to play opposite of Champ. Week in and week out 80% of all pass plays down field were thrown in his direction. He had some good games and he had some bad games. He never pointed fingers when the team loss and he always took blame when he fucked up. I’ve never heard or read anything bad about him. He was in the process to start a foundation for poor youth in his hometown, I’m sure that foundation will not end with his death. He was only in his second year I wish I could have seen him play longer with Champ helping him learn the position.

R.I.P.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Sucks to hear. RIP

Glad Javon wasn't hurt though.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Can War Wagon be any more of a fucking nitwit?

Yeah, it's a foregone conclusion you'll be dead being at a public bar or club on New Years Eve. :meds:

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

WhatsMyName wrote:Can War Wagon be any more of a fucking nitwit?

Yeah, it's a foregone conclusion you'll be dead being at a public bar or club on New Years Eve. :meds:
You hit it on the head!! Dude is too stupid to figure it out!
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Kansas City Kid wrote:
WhatsMyName wrote:Can War Wagon be any more of a fucking nitwit?

Never underestimate the stupidity of Whitey or RuPaula, White Trash Kings. Dude was at a NEW YEAR's EVE PARTY on NEW YEAR'S EVE - right place/right time.
Not that I'd ever side with Paulie or Wags, I think you're missing the point KK. Your statement is correct but it doesn't reflect the situation. I'll take a shot at it:

Dude was at a NEW YEARS EVE PARTY (in gangsta heaven where you are a known athlete who has your life and that of your families wrapped up with millions of dollars to spare) on NEW YEARS EVE - wrong place/never the right time

Sorry but DW fucked up and it cost him his life. The sad thing is these athletes in search of the bling lifestyle and gangsta image haven't changed their tone one bit. Oh well.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Hey, it is easy to say it after the fact. Williams was shot and it is unfortunate. It doesn't make it HIS fault for being where he was on New Year's Eve - and certainly not at the wrong place/wrong time. Using that logic, every time someone is murdered it is THEIR fault for being wherever they are.

Stupid.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Kansas City Kid wrote:Hey, it is easy to say it after the fact. Williams was shot and it is unfortunate. It doesn't make it HIS fault for being where he was on New Year's Eve - and certainly not at the wrong place/wrong time. Using that logic, every time someone is murdered it is THEIR fault for being wherever they are.

Stupid.
Rolling with gang members wearing gang colors who are getting into beefs with other gang members wearing gang colors DOES put you in the wrong motherfucking place at the wrong time.
Alleged gang member owns vehicle used in Darrent Williams' shooting
By Coloradoan staff and 9News

Denver police are looking today for the white Chevy Tahoe — Colorado license plate 665 OBS — involved in the shooting death of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.

Denver TV station KUSA 9News said the car is registered to self-professed gang member Brian Hicks, 27, who currently is in jail on attempted murder charges. The key witness, Lonnie Clark, in the case against Hicks was gunned down outside of her house Dec. 6, days before she was to testify against him.

The murder of Clark is under investigation, Hicks was in jail Dec. 6.

Police combed Hicks’ neighborhood throughout Tuesday night in search of the vehicle, and today they issued an All Points Bulletin for it.

Hicks previously had mentioned ties to the Crips gang. Williams was shot and killed early Monday morning while traveling from the Shelter night club, where nearly 800 people had gathered to celebrate Kenyon Martin’s birthday.

A person with Williams at the nightclub New Year’s Eve was said to be dressed all in red, which is a color commonly associated with the Bloods gang. Sources tell 9News that while at the nightclub, the person was in an altercation with other club goers dressed all in blue, a color commonly associated with the Crips gang.

Police say the manner in which the bullets were sprayed were typical of an intentional act to hurt someone, as they were shot at roughly at head level.

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 1/70103016
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Dude was wearing his Chiefs jersey representing after his team's loss put KC in the playoffs!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

WhatsMyName wrote:
Yeah, it's a foregone conclusion you'll be dead being at a public bar or club on New Years Eve.
Who said that, dumbfuck?

So now it seems he was hanging around known gang members. Gee, whoda thunk it?

You and Kaley make the perfect pair. Clueless, and blissfully unaware of your condition.