Jason Taylor smacks down Shawne Merriman

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Jason Taylor smacks down Shawne Merriman

Post by War Wagon »

Rack JT for going off on the cheating ass 'roid freak.

---------------------------------------

By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer
December 27, 2006

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor says the candidacy of his likely chief rival for NFL defensive player of the year, Shawne Merriman, was tainted by a four-game steroid suspension in November.

"You really shouldn't be able to fail a test like that and play in this league, to begin with," Taylor said Wednesday. "To make the Pro Bowl and all the other awards, I think you're walking a fine line of sending the wrong message."

Merriman, who plays outside linebacker for the San Diego Chargers, has denied he's a steroid cheat and blamed his positive test on a tainted supplement.

"A performance-enhancing drug is, obviously, what it is," Taylor said. "You enhance your performance by doing that. You fail that test, I think it's not right, it's against the rules and ultimately I think it's sending the wrong message to the youth in America and the people who look at this game not only as entertainment but also to learn lessons from it."

When told of Taylor's comments, Merriman said he tries to be a good role model, adding he has taken his punishment for the positive drug test.

"If I wasn't having the kind of season I'm having, this wouldn't even be a conversation," Merriman said. "The NFL will always have the level of integrity. That's what makes the NFL. In my situation, everything happened in an appropriate way. I sat out my four games, my money was taken away from me, my four games were taken away from me, and I came back and played my rear off."

Merriman leads the NFL with 16 sacks in 11 games for the AFC West champion Chargers (13-2). He has four forced fumbles and has one interception.

"He's always making plays," Taylor said. "He's one of the best young talents we have in this game right now as far as defensively, and he has had an unbelievable year. With that being said, there are certain rules and guidelines we have to abide by to play in this game."

Taylor has been one of the few bright spots this season for Miami (6-9). In 15 games, he has 13 1/2 sacks, 10 fumbles forced and two interceptions, both returned for touchdowns.

Taylor made his comments in a conference calls with reporters in Indianapolis. The Dolphins conclude their season Sunday against the Colts.

------------------------------------------

Note the bolded portions above.

So which is it Shawne? If you're innocent of the charge of taking steroids, then what the league did in suspending you was not appropriate.

Talk from both sides of your mouth, much?
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

As I much as I agree with him- anyone that cheats should not get the award... him coming out in the media makes him look like a whiny little bitch.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Jason Taylor gets a huge rack from me too. He's a great guy. Not to mention he is the best defensive player in the game right now. Just ask the Bears. He almost singlehandedly kicked that team's ass. Really.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...concur with JT, anyone who is suspended during the season (or off season) for a positive banned substance test should not be considered for any achievement award including the pro-bowl.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Nor should they be let back in the game...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

IndyFrisco wrote:Nor should they be let back in the game...

...what if it WAS a tainted supplement?

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

ChargerMike wrote:

Rose colored goggles much?

Merriman is a fucking roided out shitbag who deserves to be stripped of ANY award he recieves, as well as what indy alluded to-kicked out of the game.

Correct me if im wrong, but dont they keep the first failed test under wraps? I know that when Ricky tested positive the first time for chronny it wasnt allowed to be released to the public.

That would make that sack snuggling faggot a 2 time offender.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

ChargerMike wrote:

Come on CM......
Go Bucs, Gators
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Bucmonkey wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:

Come on CM......

:D

..hell we might as well put him in the same catagory as Bonds...RJ has already!

..thing is, if he were in Raiduh gear he'd be the greatest thing since week end passes.

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

ChargerMike wrote:
Bucmonkey wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:
Come on CM......
..thing is, if he were in Raiduh gear he'd be the greatest thing since week end passes.

Wrong.

I'd still call him out for being a gutless dumbfuck of a cheater.

Charger cunts never will, though-they've gotten the fuck kicked out of them for so many decades, and have endured so many asstappings that they're more than happy to take up for a fucking piece of dried up dogshit like Shotup Merriroid as long as he helps them win.

Which will make thier playoff collapse all the more hilarious.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Raydah James wrote: ...they're more than happy to take up for a fucking piece of dried up dogshit like Shotup Merriroid as long as he helps them win.
Merriroid? :lol:

Pretty much the way I see it.

Not that you can blame Charger fan. Chief, Doink, and 'duh fan would be saying the same thing if that was our boy. Who's to say no players on other teams haven't done the same thing, but just weren't caught at the time?

So I'll be a bit careful in passing judgement, other than to say that a player that's been suspended for any reason shouldn't be eligible for any individual post season awards.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Any of you haters would take Merriman on your team in a heartbeat.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Raydah James wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:
Bucmonkey wrote: Come on CM......

Wrong.

I'd still call him out for being a gutless dumbfuck of a cheater.

Charger cunts never will, though-they've gotten the fuck kicked out of them for so many decades, and have endured so many asstappings that they're more than happy to take up for a fucking piece of dried up dogshit like Shotup Merriroid as long as he helps them win.

Which will make thier playoff collapse all the more hilarious.

Give me a freaking break James. The Roiduhs are the benchmark for the NFL when it comes to failed freeking drug tests. They are far and away the most depraved team in the annals of the NFL.

Lyle Alzado.......DEAD
Darrell Russell...DEAD
Todd Marinovich.DREG
Bill Romanowski.ROIDHEAD
Barrett Robbins..INSANE
SeaBass............HASN'T BEEN SOBER SINCE HE WAS 7
Dana Stubblefield..BUSTED
Chris Cooper....GONE
I'm sure I've forgotten many...

Rose colored classes...when is the last time you saw anything without the tint of Roiduh myopia. The next freeking take you have that isn't slamming another team in an attempt to divert attention away from the stinch that is your pathetic POS Oakland Raiders will be the first.

You talk about a steaming rufuse heap! The 2006 Oakland Raiduhs might well be remembered as the most inept offensive team in the history of the freaking NFL. Shutout three times this year. Twelve friggin touchdowns..TWELVE, hell how many individual players in the league outscored the Raiduhs. You wanna talk unwatchable??? The NFL dropped all Raiduh games from national TV. Even Raiduh Nation is trading their weekend passes for visits with their family. This team is so freaking awry even the players refuse to play. Never has their been assembled such a venerabl group of self-content maladroits than this abortion of a team.

Yea, keep yammering James if it eases the pain...no one cares and no one is listening!

BTW...rants over..love ya bro.

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Champ Bailey Piles on 'Roids out too

buwahahaha.

Fucking fraud. Shootup MerriDeca and his needle to ass 'Riods out dance can eat a fucking dick.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Raydah James wrote:Champ Bailey Piles on 'Roids out too

buwahahaha.

Fucking fraud. Shootup MerriDeca and his needle to ass 'Riods out dance can eat a fucking dick.

Champ Bailey likes Shawne Merriman. He thinks the San Diego player is a wonderful player and a better guy.

..yea, he really piled on! :meds:

...step back James and relax...Bailey said nothing different than I offered as a Bolt honk earlier in this thread.

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

ChargerMike wrote:

buwahahaha.

Champ Bailey likes Shawne Merriman. He thinks the San Diego player is a wonderful player and a better guy.

...step back James and relax...Bailey said nothing different than I offered as a Bolt honk earlier in this thread.
How convienient that you forgot this:

But the Broncos' cornerback agrees with Dolphins standout Jason Taylor that Merriman shouldn't be a candidate for NFL defensive player of the year because of the four-game suspension he served for steroid use.

"I just don't like cheating in the game, there's no room for it," Bailey said Thursday. "I don't think there is any place for steroids or performance enhancers in the NFL."

buwahahahahaha-even dudes that 'like' him know he's a cheating faggot of the highest caliber.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Raydah James wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:

buwahahaha.

How convienient that you forgot this:

But the Broncos' cornerback agrees with Dolphins standout Jason Taylor that Merriman shouldn't be a candidate for NFL defensive player of the year because of the four-game suspension he served for steroid use.

"I just don't like cheating in the game, there's no room for it," Bailey said Thursday. "I don't think there is any place for steroids or performance enhancers in the NFL."

buwahahahahaha-even dudes that 'like' him know he's a cheating faggot of the highest caliber.

....as I agreed with earlier in the thread. I don't think too many people disagree with that statement. The deal is...Merriman got caught, the 200 other players in the same boat (allegedly) who didn't get caught continue to play each Sunday.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

That's true.
The league can't win in this thing.

If they let the outed 'roider win DPOY they look very bad. And if they don't let him win the award they look like goofy hypocrites, because everyone with a shred of common sense knows that the league is loaded with 'roiders.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Merriman's response (to Taylor), when asked about it by Billy Ray Smith and Kellen Winslow during the Chargers Report:

"I sent him a Lights Out t-shirt and a bag of popcorn he can eat while watching the playoffs."

:lol:
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

From Pro Football Talk:

"Shawne Merriman is pleased to learn that gamma radiation isn't on the NFL's list of banned substances"

:lol: :lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ChargerMike wrote:Lyle Alzado.......DEAD
Darrell Russell...DEAD
Todd Marinovich.DREG
Bill Romanowski.ROIDHEAD
Barrett Robbins..INSANE
Chris Cooper....GONE

You may have forgotten the biggest of all -- James Fitzpatrick, the first guy ever given the boot under the three-time-loser program.

If I'm not mistaken, his first "ding" came when he was a Charger, though.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
Darrell Russell...DEAD
Todd Marinovich.DREG
Bill Romanowski.ROIDHEAD
Barrett Robbins..INSANE
Chris Cooper....GONE
You may have forgotten the biggest of all -- James Fitzpatrick, the first guy ever given the boot under the three-time-loser program.

I seem to recall Chuck Muncie being a fan of the white powder.

Then again, the way the Chargers sucked for so many years, it's entirely understandable why until recently nobody has accused them of using performance enhancing drugs.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

BSmack wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Darrell Russell...DEAD
Todd Marinovich.DREG
Bill Romanowski.ROIDHEAD
Barrett Robbins..INSANE
Chris Cooper....GONE

I seem to recall Chuck Muncie being a fan of the white powder.

Then again, the way the Chargers sucked for so many years, it's entirely understandable why until recently nobody has accused them of using performance enhancing drugs.

Touche' :D