Marvin Harrison

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Marvin Harrison

Post by Uncle Fester »

What's the deal with this guy?

He's a great player, scores touchdowns and breaks records, but the dude never smiles, never looks happy. Payton Manning should be any receiver's best friend, but I never see them laughing or celebrating after hooking up with yet another TD.

I guess he's the anti-TO.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

He does score a bunch of TDs. Do you think he has a chance of breaking Jerry Rice's career record?
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Well.... he's been in 11 years- and has 119. Rice had what- 197 in 19 years? It is possible... Harrison is smart about when to take a hit and when not too... so his career def still has a few years left. If he goes 19... that;s about 9.5 TD's a year. I like Harrison alot (if for no reason other than he doesn't get caught up in all the BS cerlebrating, etc..) and wouldn't mind if it happened.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Harrison is boring...and I like it.

When my team scores, I celebrate by jumping up and down, high 5 with a buddy, swig of beer, etc. I don't look on the field to see how much of a piece of shit the QB, WR, RB or TE can be. I would appreciate the fact he acted like he had been there before and run off the field so the kicking team can set up for the XP.

Hope Ocho Negro learned a thing or two last night after seing Harrison score 3 TDs and jog off the field.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Ocho Negro
Nice. Rack it!
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

IndyFrisco wrote:Hope Ocho Negro learned a thing or two last night after seing Harrison score 3 TDs and jog off the field.

Dude makes himself a target and opens up the field for his teammates. It's all a joke to him. I think he's a character and good for the game. He may say and do some outrageous stuff, but I don't think he believes everything that he says. Chad Johnson likes to have fun. I don't think any of his teammates have ever accused him of not being a team player. That's the difference between him and true idiots like Owens and Moss.

Read this quote from July 06:

Take me out of the equation," he says, offering his list of best wide receivers: "Marvin (Harrison). T.O. (Terrell Owens). Torry Holt. They have done it consistently, and they've been in the league longer. ... But until I surpass everything they've done, then I won't consider myself elite."

I think he's pretty humble... all things considered.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Mikey wrote:He does score a bunch of TDs. Do you think he has a chance of breaking Jerry Rice's career record?
Sure. Provided he stays with Manning. I could see Harrison getting even better with age. He was never the type to blow you away with blazing speed or athleticism. His game is near superhuman precision and that only improves with age and experience.

He's like a more athletic Steve Largent.
It's possible. Harrison has averaged 11 TDs per season for 11 seasons (assuming 2 more this year). Rice had 146 in his first 11, averaging over 13. His production dropped off a lot after that, with 51 in his final 9 seasons, an average of 5.7 per season.

Harrison would have to average about 8.5 for nine more years to catch Rice. Like I said possible, but he'd have to keep up a pretty good pace and last another nine years to do it.
Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

mvscal wrote:
Mikey wrote:He does score a bunch of TDs. Do you think he has a chance of breaking Jerry Rice's career record?
Sure. Provided he stays with Manning. I could see Harrison getting even better with age. He was never the type to blow you away with blazing speed or athleticism. His game is near superhuman precision and that only improves with age and experience.

Another reason you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Marvin Harrison is one of the fastest players in the NFL. A legit 4.3 40 coming out of Syracuse.

Have you EVER seen Marvin Harrison caught from behind?????

Stick to spamming the board, with political bullshit.(you know your place)
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

420 wrote:
Marvin Harrison is one of the fastest players in the NFL.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Seriously...quit trolling..
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote:

It's possible. Harrison has averaged 11 TDs per season for 11 seasons (assuming 2 more this year). Rice had 146 in his first 11, averaging over 13. His production dropped off a lot after that...
That's because he took the handoff from Steve Young on a reverse and Hardy Nickerson jerked his head around by his facemask so harshly that Rice shredded his right knee in the process. Even though he came back that same year, he was never the same player after that.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

IndyFrisco wrote:Hope Ocho Negro learned a thing or two last night after seing Harrison score 3 TDs and jog off the field.
No, you just don't GET Johnson. It's the idiot NFL fans out there that don't get the difference between someone like TO and Ocho Cinco. Chad's smack and antics are all in good fun... he knows it, the opponents know it, and the coaches know it. You don't. Further, dude knows when to shut up. Notice how Cincy is fightin for a playoff spot? Notice how Chad's smack is conspicuously absent? He knows when to shut up and get down to biz.

Dude is good for the game. This coming from a Stiller fan.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Kenny,

Sorry, but giving the opposing team BB material day in and day out is not being a team player. Giving the other team motivation to play harder is not beneficial to your team and it does not make you a team player. I don't care if you are playing the Raiders, respect your opponents. Don't put up a list of who you plan on burning this week. Don't motivate the other team to take YOUR QB out (happened last season, no? by who?).

I have not compared him to Terrel Owens at all. Others here have insinuated I have. I think Owens is a piece of shit. I don't think Johnson is a pievce of shit.

However, I think if he acted like Harrison on and off the field, he'd be MUCH more a service to his team as he is in his current situation. He puts a bullseye on his team right now. Does Harrison do that? Hell no. That's my fucking point.
Ken

Post by Ken »

IndyFrisco wrote:Kenny,

Sorry, but giving the opposing team BB material day in and day out is not being a team player. Giving the other team motivation to play harder is not beneficial to your team and it does not make you a team player. I don't care if you are playing the Raiders, respect your opponents. Don't put up a list of who you plan on burning this week. Don't motivate the other team to take YOUR QB out (happened last season, no? by who?).

I have not compared him to Terrel Owens at all. Others here have insinuated I have. I think Owens is a piece of shit. I don't think Johnson is a pievce of shit.

However, I think if he acted like Harrison on and off the field, he'd be MUCH more a service to his team as he is in his current situation. He puts a bullseye on his team right now. Does Harrison do that? Hell no. That's my fucking point.
No, you're fucking point is that your principles are getting in the way of the truth. You THINK his antics hurt his team my giving the other motivation. You THINK he doesn't respect his opponents. You THINK the Stillers intentionally took out Palmer because of CJ's pregame antics.

I don't THINK, I KNOW you're a dumbshit who just doesn't GET CJ. Given your insinuation that the Stillers intentionally took out Palmer is further proof of your unadulterated idiocy. Hell, given that alone, your comments on CJ don't matter a lick.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

No Kenny, if I'm on Chad Johnson's list as a DB I am burning this week, I have no motiviation to try to shut his ass up.

The next time I try to "GET" a fucking boo in a pro sport is the first time.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

IndyFrisco wrote:Sorry, but giving the opposing team BB material day in and day out is not being a team player. Giving the other team motivation to play harder is not beneficial to your team and it does not make you a team player.
Name me one instance where this has happened? Go ahead, tard. Name me one time (link included) where after a team beat the Bengals, they mentioned Johnson's bulletin board fodder as their motivation. This is the NFL, not college. If you need someone else's words to "motivate you", then you probably shouldn't be in the league. Furthermore, the harder the opposing team works to shut down Johnson, the more the rest of the field opens up for his teammates. That, you fucking retard, is the epitomy of a team player. Sacrifice.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

A cursory glance at each player's career stats would indicate a pretty decisive "fuck no."

Yes, Rice was that good.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Ken wrote:No, you're fucking point is that your principles are getting in the way of the truth. You THINK his antics hurt his team my giving the other motivation. You THINK he doesn't respect his opponents. You THINK the Stillers intentionally took out Palmer because of CJ's pregame antics.
Of course! It's all Chad Johnson's fault. You see, if Chad Johnson had just kept his mouth shut, then Kimo Von Oelhoffen wouldn't have been so motivated to be blocked into Carson Palmer's knee. Damn! It all makes sense now!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

OCMike wrote:That's because he took the handoff from Steve Young on a reverse and Hardy Nickerson jerked his head around by his facemask so harshly that Rice shredded his right knee in the process. Even though he came back that same year, he was never the same player after that.
He came back later on that season for a Monday Night game against the Donks, caught a TD pass from Young, and broke his kneecap in the process, and that ended his season.

Rice had a few good years in Oak too.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Indy,
Heard much of a peep out of Chad the past month or so? Didn't think so.

Know why? 'Cuz he knows his team was (is) fightin' for a playoff spot and it was time to drop the peripheral fun. Dude GETS it, unlike TO who sputs off all season regardless of his team's standing. Hell, I remember a Sunday or Monday night game a few weeks ago in which Chad was a guest interviewee. Dude was as serious as a heart attack, much to the behest of the game crew. Dude knows when to shut up and when to let the good-natured smack fly.

Possibly, the most mis-understood player in the NFL. So, don't feel too bad that you're just kind of ignorant 'bout this... there's many, many more joining you.