Bolts - Donks

Post by Mikey »

Champ who?

sin
Antonio Gates
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

It's very cruel of the Broncos to put Cutler in this situation.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

LOL

Dropped the Bumerooski on them!

What a cool trick play.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Not sure LT scored there, but I'm not complaining.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Whatever. We all know the season is a wash and we're just getting Cutler ready to shred next season.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

in the middle of a Play off push why would the broncos give up? I don't get it?

sincerely,
confused in cinci
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Because a playoff push is useless if you can't get to the Super Bowl.

Sincerely,
Jake Plummer

peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

I dont know. In the NFL you cant play for next year especially if you are still in the thick of things. next year could bring injuries and or is jay really the answer? if not you could set your selves back 2-3 years. or longer. Now I wont disagree that Jake is the suck, but is jay really the answer?

Im not sure I'd bet the house on it. Especially when your still in it.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

RACK Merriman.

LT with a chance for the record?
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

What a whipping we are laying down on them!

Your 2006 AFC West Division Champs!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I guess they nipped that little 3rd qtr comeback in the bud.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Mikey wrote:RACK Merriman.

HE got it! Holy shit with three games to spare
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

WhatsMyName wrote:Because a playoff push is useless if you can't get to the Super Bowl.

Sincerely,
Jake Plummer

That's the same philosophy of just going for it on 4th and 10 at your own 20 in the 1st quarter because, well, :our defense sucks ass anyway and would let them get that far anyway."

Shanahan is a dumb shit. At least if you make the playoffs with Plummer and he plays like....well, Plummer and blows another playoff game, you can use him as your sacrificial jackass and string him up and have the citizens of Denver piss and throw eggs at him and run him out of town and announce Cutler as your guy for next year.

This way, they pull the plug on the playoffs altogether and Shanahan looks like the jackfuck, not Plummer. Plummer meanwhile laughs his cock off at the move and how bad it makes Shanahan look, and gets overpaid somewhere else like Detroit in the offseason.

Dumb fucking move.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:and announce Cutler as your guy for next year.
I would rather see Cutler make his rookie mistakes now, why throw away the first 5 or more games next season waiting for him to learn from his rookie mistakes, plus it gives him film instead of clipboard to look at during the off-season.

BTW props to the Chargers! It’s gotta be a kick living in SD right now, the party’s just starting for you, and it looks like it’s going to be a good one!
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

what makes you think next year he wont do the same thing?

sincerely

Charlie Fry
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

peter dragon wrote:what makes you think next year he wont do the same thing?
Do you not agree having 5 games under his belt will help him next season?
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

mvscal wrote:Yeah, I'm sure vets like Rod Smith and John Lynch give a whole lot of fuck about next year.
Rod Smith and John Lynch both have rings and know what kind of a team it takes to get em. Can you honestly say the Broncos had a shot at winning the Super Bowl if they kept Plummer as the starter?
mvscal wrote:If you sincerely believe that Cutler is better quarterback right now, well...you're just wrong.
I’ve yet to hear anyone say Cutler is a better quarterback right now.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
Mikey wrote:RACK Merriman.

HE got it! Holy shit with three games to spare
One more TD and he has the single season scoring record. You don't hear too much about that one, but Paul Hornung scored 176 points in 1960 on combined TDs and kicking.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

godzilla2002 wrote:
mvscal wrote:Yeah, I'm sure vets like Rod Smith and John Lynch give a whole lot of fuck about next year.
Rod Smith and John Lynch both have rings and know what kind of a team it takes to get em. Can you honestly say the Broncos had a shot at winning the Super Bowl if they kept Plummer as the starter?
mvscal wrote:If you sincerely believe that Cutler is better quarterback right now, well...you're just wrong.
I’ve yet to hear anyone say Cutler is a better quarterback right now.
If they didn't have a chance at the superbowl before, they sure as hell don't have one now. I agree with you 'zilla, Cutler can use these final games of the season to get him some more playing time and get warmed up to being the starter so he can be fully prepared for next season and that's if Shanny decides to keep him as starter during the offseason.

I did not see any part of the game, mostly because I didn't want to subject myself to what was going to be an asskicking before this game even started, but it sounded like Cutler had a little better improvement from last week. At least he didn't throw an INT this time. :meds:
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
godzilla2002 wrote: I would rather see Cutler make his rookie mistakes now, why throw away the first 5 or more games next season waiting for him to learn from his rookie mistakes, plus it gives him film instead of clipboard to look at during the off-season.
Yeah, I'm sure vets like Rod Smith and John Lynch give a whole lot of fuck about next year.
I'm a little surprised that Cutler didn't improve much, if at all, over the Seattle game. Rod Smith might as well retire. He can't get open anymore. It happens.

Lynch might have one more productive year left, but the Donkeys need to find a replacement for him as of now. With only a couple of exceptions, Denver is a team with rapidly aging starters and back-ups that won't ever be good enough to be legitimate starters.

This is a piss poor attempt to rationalize a fuck up of horrific proportions. If you sincerely believe that Cutler is better quarterback right now, well...you're just wrong. If you bail out in the thick of the playoff race to start playing for the future, you're wrong and stupid.
Two games sealed Denver's fate this season: the first Chargers game, and the thanksgiving game against the Chefs. No matter who was at QB, they were looking at 2 more certain losses (SD & Cincy), 2 likely wins( Arizona & San Fran), and 1 toss-up (Seattle). There's an outside chance of knocking off Cincy, but a 10-6 record is probably not going to get them into the playoffs. Oh, and the Chefs ain't going into the post-season either, btw
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Cuda wrote:
Two games sealed Denver's fate this season: the first Chargers game, and the thanksgiving game against the Chefs.
You must have had lots of booze on Thanksgiving because neother of those teams played that day
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
WhatsMyName wrote:Because a playoff push is useless if you can't get to the Super Bowl.

Sincerely,
Jake Plummer

That's the same philosophy of just going for it on 4th and 10 at your own 20 in the 1st quarter because, well, :our defense sucks ass anyway and would let them get that far anyway."

Shanahan is a dumb shit. At least if you make the playoffs with Plummer and he plays like....well, Plummer and blows another playoff game, you can use him as your sacrificial jackass and string him up and have the citizens of Denver piss and throw eggs at him and run him out of town and announce Cutler as your guy for next year.

This way, they pull the plug on the playoffs altogether and Shanahan looks like the jackfuck, not Plummer. Plummer meanwhile laughs his cock off at the move and how bad it makes Shanahan look, and gets overpaid somewhere else like Detroit in the offseason.

Dumb fucking move.
Even dumber post.

Why wait for Cutler to fuck you over next year when he can start fucking you over now, in a year when you were fucked to begin with?

Common sense dictates its a smart move. This year is a wash anyway, whether Plummer takes us to another AFC title loss or Cutler misses the playoffs entirely, it all ends up in the same place, just at a different time. Even if Cutler turns out to be a bust (unlikely), they still don't lose much by missing out on another Jake flameout in the playoffs. Three years from now, will any Denver fan give a fuck we got bounced sooner with Cutler than we would have with Jake this year? No.