Cutler is new qb in denver

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

drummer wrote:So are you essentially writing off your playoff/championship hopes already?
Yep, but I agree with the decision to move forward
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

I see our resident Bronco dark cloud has already pronounced Cutler unfit for taking Denver anywhere....

damn dude, one fucking game?
get out, get out while there's still time
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Felix wrote:
drummer wrote:So, can someone point out how Cutler played much better than Plummer ?
not til you can convince me that Plummer would have played better than Cutler......

that INT he lobbed up for a seaslug td was eerily similar to numerous Plummer interceptions I've seen in the past....
That was a rookie error. Still though, it's the overall offense that sucks balls and the loss of Gary Kubiak is fully to blame. But as I mentioned before, I see lots of potential in Cutler. The NFL flexed him a bad game and it was a combination of being a rookie, in the national spotlight, the cold and pressure to lead this team to the playoffs that got him tonight. We just need to get the fucking offense to protect him!

I was unfortunately at this game and it was quite painful to watch when Al Wilson went down. After that, it looked like he took the defense to the hospital with him. Luckily he'll be ok and back in time for the playoffs, but that's if we even make it there.

I don't see a win next week in San Diego, so it looks like the Broncos will be on a 4 game losing streak, but the last three are fairly winnable games. Should finish the season 8-8 or 9-7 which will most likely be a wild card at best depending on how the rest of the AFC does.
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

I was wondering how wise a move this was....

Cutler's future is much brighter than Plummer's but to change Horses in the middle of the season is not wise

and Cutler has to face San Diego next!!

I don't know if Denver would have made the playoffs this year but they won't now!!

If Cutler had won yesterday.. It would have been heralded as a ballsy and smart move..

but REALITY HAPPENED!!

The Cutler era begins next year!! (and it should have been that way all along).
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I actually don't think it was the wrong move to make.
QB is only a part of what ails the Mule offense.
Plummer - Cutler .... ?
Six of one, half dozen of the other, if you ask me.
What was Plummer doing so well that he deserved to hold the starting yob ... ?
Not much.

It's an illusion that Denver was really a legit Supah Bowl Contendah ....... even before yesterday's loss.
So getting Cutler out there NOW to get some quality playing time could very well pay dividends next year.

Rat's an idiot, but he's not a total idiot.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote: You aren't going anywhere this year. You do understand that, don't you?
yes I do........

I'm assuming there is some point you're trying to make.......
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

godzilla2002 wrote: Was it as fun watch as the Chef losing to the mighty Browns?
It's fun watching the Chefs lose, regardless of the opponent
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:I see our resident Bronco dark cloud has already pronounced Cutler unfit for taking Denver anywhere....

damn dude, one fucking game?
You aren't going anywhere this year. You do understand that, don't you?

After the Thanksgiving day loss, Denver was going to lose a minimum of two more games ( San Diego & Cincy) and win two more games (Arizona & San Fagsisco) no matter who was at QB. Only the Seattle game was in question. If Cutler plays better next week- and I think he probably will, they still lose to the Bolts.

I'll stand by the prediction I made earlier: No wildcard teams will come out of the AFC West this year.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Any other questions?
yeah....why are you so concerned about what Denver and Shannahan does or doesn't do.....

your team is atop the division and tied for the best record in the AFC with Indy.......

I'd think you'd be very happy with his choice.....

but I appreciate that your so concerned about the well being of Denver fans.........
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal has always been caring and considerate like that.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

godzilla2002 wrote:
drummer wrote:So are you essentially writing off your playoff/championship hopes already?
Yep, but I agree with the decision to move forward
Felix wrote:I see our resident Bronco dark cloud has already pronounced Cutler unfit for taking Denver anywhere....damn dude, one fucking game?
I don’t see it as a “dark cloud” I look at it as a move in the right direction! You might want to go back and read the post I put in prior to the one you responded to.

How many times have the Broncos been to the playoffs the last 25 years? (I don’t know the exact number but we might be leading the NFL) Either way, if that number was low I could see getting a little excited for an opportunity to make it to the playoffs. For the Broncos it’s Super Bowl or bust and it’s been that way for years now!
As I said before “I think the Broncos have a better shot at making the playoffs this season with Plummer, but been there done that”
Do the Broncos really have a shot at the Super Bowl with either quarterback?
Would we be happy with another season of…hey at least we made the playoffs
If Shanahan’s job was on the line I could see him keeping Plummer as the starter to get the best possible outcome this season, but Shanahan isn’t going anywhere and he’s doing what he knows is right for the future! Cutler is going to get 5 regular season games and (who knows) maybe a playoff game under his belt before the 2007 season. Keep Plummer in and give Cutler his first NFL start game 1 next season and we pretty much concede this season and next.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

the problem with Plummer is that when he's good, he's average....when he's bad......he's fucking horrible....the offense was absolutely stagnant against what I consider to be average defenses....

week 1-10 points against st louis, week 2-9 points in overtime against KC, 13 against the duds (before they realized they could play defense), the list goes on and on.....

I had pretty much written the season off when they scored 10 points in kansas city....as I say, 10 points doesn't win you much in the NFL....

Shanny made the right call......
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Denver plays to win the Super Bowl.

They weren't going to win the Super Bowl this year with Jake Plummer. Or Jay Cutler.

So what do you do? You start Cutler because this year is completely irrelevant.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Terrell Davis had something to do with winning a SB too, ya know.

Shanny is a damn good coach, and a great football mind. He has 3 rings to prove it.

I wouldn't write off Shanny never winning another yet, unless he retires.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

drummer wrote:Terrell Davis had something to do with winning a SB too, ya know.

Shanny is a damn good coach, and a great football mind. He has 3 rings to prove it.

Terrell also isn't playing for the Broncos anymore, drum. yeah he played a big role in those victories just like that Elway guy did but it's going to take a miracle for us to win another SB given our offensive situation. No Kubiak=less than stellar offense. Shanny can put his "master"mind into it, but it all depends on the products on the field.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

d-townmike wrote:
drummer wrote:Terrell Davis had something to do with winning a SB too, ya know.

Terrell also isn't playing for the Broncos anymore, drum. yeah he played a big role in those victories just like that Elway guy did but it's going to take a miracle for us to win another SB given our offensive situation. No Kubiak=less than stellar offense. Shanny can put his "master"mind into it, but it all depends on the products on the field.
Shanny ran one of the most dynamic offenses in NFL History during his run as OC with the 49ers. I dunno if losing Kubiak is gonna make that much of a huge difference in the long term, since Shanny is a great offensive coach too. I mean, both Ed McCaffery and Rod Smith caught for over 1000 yards one season with Brian Griese passing to them. Shanny plugs in no name RBs and makes studs out of them. Plummer has his best season at QB last year.

Really, Shanny's future there depends on Cutler. He hasn't had a true franchise QB since Elway. Davis was just the first of a long line of RB studs. If Cutler pans out, then Shanny is only about 2-3 years away back to being serious championship contenders again.

If he busts, then Shanny may be fukked.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

My point exactly. Shanny may be a great offensive coach but his play calling lately has been questionable and the overall product on the field, offensively, is average at best as well. I've noticed a huge difference since Kubiak left.

I don't see Shanny going anywhere anytime soon. He and Bowlen have built up a very strong relationship in his 10 or so seasons here and I don't think there's another coach out there that is able to lead this team anywhere.

Bronco fans just need to brace for a very long final few weeks of the season.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Playcalling might be questionable, but here's what's more questionable: their personnel.

The Broncos currently have jack shit at RB, TE and #2 WR. That, combined with a suck-ass quarterback and a rookie quarterback, pretty much explain why this offense can't score points.

godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:The Rat will NEVER EVER win another SB without Mr. Ed under center- when will you stupid fucking DonkFans ever figure this out???
Did you happen to catch the NFL network today?
An excellent episode of the Chiefs 1969 season hosted by Len Dawson, Willie Canier and Jim Lynch!
Rack nostalgia! I was only 7 at the time but I’m sure several others in here remember it like it was only yesterday...either that or they weren't even born yet!
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

WhatsMyName wrote:The Broncos currently have jack shit #2 WR
keep an eye on Brandon Marshall
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

godzilla2002 wrote: Did you happen to catch the NFL network today?
An excellent episode of the Chiefs 1969 season hosted by Len Dawson, Willie Lanier and Jim Lynch!
Rack nostalgia! I was only 7 at the time but I’m sure several others in here remember it like it was only yesterday...either that or they weren't even born yet!

Saw it last night - Excellent.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Those statements didn't even contradict each other, smart guy.