Cutler is new qb in denver

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Cutler is new qb in denver

Post by Adelpiero »

plummer loses his job for rest of season.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Link?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I found it odd that Plummer even played on Thursday when the rumors were swirling that he was through in Denver. I suppose it had to do with the short week of prep Cutler would've had for a key divisional foe.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

drummer wrote:Link?

One of the worst kept secrets in recent memory...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2676372
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Shoalzie wrote:
drummer wrote:Link?

One of the worst kept secrets in recent memory...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2676372
I heard as recent as a couple of days ago that Shanny was adamant about keeping Plummer in.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If you watched the NFL Network broadcast Thursday, Adam Scheffter had mentioned that was likely to be Plummer's last start. I think the media adds fuel to the fire in any QB contraversy though. You really have to wonder how many of these changes at QB by teams are really made entirely by the team themselves or they're pretty much bullied into doing it by media and fans.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Yes, it's official.

I'm mixed on it but my biggest concern is how is a rookie QB going to be relied upon to get this team to the playoffs? He might have a lot of adrenaline, stamina and confidence to get it done but I'm sure this move just offsets everything. Plummer was having a bad season and it was continuing to go down the toilet. However, we now have a rookie covering his ass and he makes his debut at home on national TV as we approach the home stretch of the regular season.

I'm just wondering how much the fans here will hate him and demand they put Plummer back in if/when he throws his first interception.

I see potential in Cutler, but not Tony Romo potential.
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

d-townmike wrote:my biggest concern is how is a rookie QB going to be relied upon to get this team to the playoffs?
as opposed to how is a really shitty QB going to get Denver to the playoffs.......
I see potential in Cutler, but not Tony Romo potential.
so you knew 4 years ago that Romo was going to be as good as he is?

cutler is a rookie while Romo is a fourth year guy.....

how many times have you seen Cutler play...other than preseason?

I'm just curious as to how you arrived at your assessment of Cutler's potential......
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:
d-townmike wrote:my biggest concern is how is a rookie QB going to be relied upon to get this team to the playoffs?
as opposed to how is a really shitty QB going to get Denver to the playoffs.......
Funny how Plummer went from being a "mobile QB capable of giving blitzing defenses fits" to a really shitty QB.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote: Funny how Plummer went from being a "mobile QB capable of giving blitzing defenses fits" to a really shitty QB.

the two aren't mutually exclusive Bri....Plummer is mobile and he does give defenses fits....

and, he's been really shitty this year......last year he had a pretty good year, but this year, for the most part, he's resorted to being himself......
mvscal wrote:Yeah, it is funny.

Believe or not Donkfan, it really can get worse than Jake Plummer...much worse.
no shit---really....you mean Cutler could be worse than Son of Bob.....

thanks Marcus......

hey, I heard that water is wet......
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Felix wrote:as opposed to how is a really shitty QB going to get Denver to the playoffs.......
Precisely. We have an offsetting situation here. But I never thought that Jake was "really shitty" in fact I didn't mind him since we aquired him. He was just having a bad season and his costly mistakes this season cost him his position.
Felix wrote:so you knew 4 years ago that Romo was going to be as good as he is?

cutler is a rookie while Romo is a fourth year guy.....

how many times have you seen Cutler play...other than preseason?

I'm just curious as to how you arrived at your assessment of Cutler's potential......
To be honest, I had never heard of Tony Romo before this season and I just assumed he was a rookie because when I was at Romo's debut in October, a fan sitting near us was yelling out, before Drew Bledsoe got the boot, "put the rookie in!!!" I just hate that guy's last name.

I never said that Cutler will be a good player; I was just comparing our QB situation to the one that just went down in Dallas recently. I just said I see potential in him and, yes, that is based on what I saw during the preseason. What sucks is that I saw the same thing in Bradlee Van Pelt, but it's too bad the Broncos didn't give him enough respect and give him more chances. Must be because he didn't go to CU :meds:
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Van Pelt is a piece of shit, dude. Cutler can actually throw. Van Pelt is like Mike Vick without the speed or the passing ability. Yes, passing ability.

Plummer sucks. Always has, always will. Shanahan has about a 5 page playbook for that tard. Cutler opens the playbook up. All those plays that go beyond 25 yards will suddenly reappear.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

From what I've read, Cutler is tearing it up in practice and it got to the point the team was ready to revolt on Shanny if he didn't make the switch.

It's never a good idea to let the Inmates run the asylum, especially when your still in the playoff hunt. I guess we'll see what happens when he see's shit Denver D never threw at him in practice.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

mvscal wrote:This kid is being set up for failure.
Give the fuckin dude a chance. I'd say he has some big shoes to fill. Not "The Snake" but maybe an old qb with equestrian qualities.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

11 games into the season when you're 7-4 and still very much a part of the playoff chase probably isn't the best time to start a rookie.

Desperate times call for desperate measures though, huh?

Granted, Jake sucks... but Dungver shouldn't be that damn desperate.

Ah, well, I guess we'll see what happens.

He might do ok at home in his first start against the 'hags, but going on the road will be a stone cold bitch for this kid.

Does he even own a razor yet? I doubt that baby face has ever touched a blade.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote:It's never a good idea to let the Inmates run the asylum, especially when your still in the playoff hunt.
one thing I can assure you Scott is that Shannahan doesn't make decisions based on what the players, fans, or media want or don't want.......

his decisions are based on what he feels is best for the team......

it's his ass on the line.......
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:Yeah, it is funny.

Believe or not Donkfan, it really can get worse than Jake Plummer...much worse.
-sin,
Steve Tinsey
Steve Ramsey
John Hufnagel
Matt Robinson
Mark Herrman
Bubby Brister
Shawn Moore
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:Bubby Brister
Not even the worst Steelers starting QB of the last 30 years. That would be a tie between David Woodley and Cliff Stoudt.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

BSmack wrote:
Cuda wrote:Bubby Brister
Not even the worst Steelers starting QB of the last 30 years. That would be a tie between David Woodley and Cliff Stoudt.
Attaboy, 4-putt...

Cuda lists a bunch of duds who played for the Donks over the years and you come up with some gay-assed opinion relating the Steelers????

Do you ever tire of posting totally irrelevant and stupid shit?
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

BSmack wrote:
Felix wrote:
Funny how Roethlisberger went from being a "Super Bowl QB capable of giving blitzing defenses fits" to a really shitty QB who has thrown FIVE picks in the past two games, and was sacked NINE times last week.

FIXED
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ChargerMike wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Felix wrote: as opposed to how is a really shitty QB going to get Denver to the playoffs.......
Funny how Roethlisberger went from being a "Super Bowl QB capable of giving blitzing defenses fits" to a really shitty QB who has thrown FIVE picks in the past two games, and was sacked NINE times last week.

FIXED
The difference being that Steelers fans are not ready to throw Ben under the bus. Whereas Donk fans want to run a QB who took them to the Conference Championship game last year out of town for an untested rookie in the middle of a playoff race.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

BSmack wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:
BSmack wrote: Funny how Roethlisberger went from being a "Super Bowl QB capable of giving blitzing defenses fits" to a really shitty QB who has thrown FIVE picks in the past two games, and was sacked NINE times last week.

FIXED
The difference being that Steelers fans are not ready to throw Ben under the bus. Whereas Donk fans want to run a QB who took them to the Conference Championship game last year out of town for an untested rookie in the middle of a playoff race.

...don't sell Squeeler fan short Bri. I've heard a smattering of "we want Batch" here on the local AM morning show. They may not be ready to give up on a Super Bowl QB entirely, but Big Ben is clearly not seeing so clearly ..if ya know what I mean. The Steelers seaseon is toast, if I were Cowturd, I'd send Ben home and give him a chance to unscramble his grey matter. Batch did very well while starting...what say you?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ChargerMike wrote:...don't sell Squeeler fan short Bri. I've heard a smattering of "we want Batch" here on the local AM morning show. They may not be ready to give up on a Super Bowl QB entirely, but Big Ben is clearly not seeing so clearly ..if ya know what I mean. The Steelers seaseon is toast, if I were Cowturd, I'd send Ben home and give him a chance to unscramble his grey matter. Batch did very well while starting...what say you?
And you know what I mean. Comparing a smattering of "we want Batch" phone calls on an AM radio station 3000 miles away from Pittsburgh to the tidal wage of anti-Plummer sentiment in Denver is like comparing the situation in Iraq to the aftermath of an Ohio State football game.

IMO, Ben needs to stay under center and continue to learn under adversity. Guys like Heath Miller and Santonio Holmes and (dare I say?) Willie Reid need to work with Ben under live game conditions or their development is going to be slowed.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

BSmack wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:...don't sell Squeeler fan short Bri. I've heard a smattering of "we want Batch" here on the local AM morning show. They may not be ready to give up on a Super Bowl QB entirely, but Big Ben is clearly not seeing so clearly ..if ya know what I mean. The Steelers seaseon is toast, if I were Cowturd, I'd send Ben home and give him a chance to unscramble his grey matter. Batch did very well while starting...what say you?
And you know what I mean. Comparing a smattering of "we want Batch" phone calls on an AM radio station 3000 miles away from Pittsburgh to the tidal wage of anti-Plummer sentiment in Denver is like comparing the situation in Iraq to the aftermath of an Ohio State football game.IMO, Ben needs to stay under center and continue to learn under adversity. Guys like Heath Miller and Santonio Holmes and (dare I say?) Willie Reid need to work with Ben under live game conditions or their development is going to be slowed.

...fair enough! I still say a dazed and confused QB is just asking for more poundings (unless of course you don't agree Ben is seeing double right about now)...that blind side jobie he took Sunday was a freeking piledriver. How many more of those does Steelerfan want to see?
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

ChargerMike wrote: that blind side jobie he took Sunday was a freeking piledriver. How many more of those does Steelerfan want to see?
I'm not postive but was that sack a blind-side hit? I thought it was right in his face. In either case, Ben will continue to start and take the beatings he has all season.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ChargerMike wrote:...fair enough! I still say a dazed and confused QB is just asking for more poundings (unless of course you don't agree Ben is seeing double right about now)...that blind side jobie he took Sunday was a freeking piledriver. How many more of those does Steelerfan want to see?
Of course, if he is suffering any kind of neurological issues, that would be a different story. But again, I'll take the word of the docs at UPMC who have repeatedly tested both he and Troy Polamolu this year that he has no long term damage.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

DallasFanatic wrote:
ChargerMike wrote: that blind side jobie he took Sunday was a freeking piledriver. How many more of those does Steelerfan want to see?
I'm not postive but was that sack a blind-side hit? I thought it was right in his face. In either case, Ben will continue to start and take the beatings he has all season.

..it was blind side right up to the second he turned back into it, at that point he had a split second to...no, no he didn't even have a split second before he was viciously hammered off his feet and into the ground.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

BSmack wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:...fair enough! I still say a dazed and confused QB is just asking for more poundings (unless of course you don't agree Ben is seeing double right about now)...that blind side jobie he took Sunday was a freeking piledriver. How many more of those does Steelerfan want to see?
Of course, if he is suffering any kind of neurological issues, that would be a different story. But again, I'll take the word of the docs at UPMC who have repeatedly tested both he and Troy Polamolu this year that he has no long term damage.

...so what you're saying, is his on field futility is in no way connected with his current physical or mental condition...uh OK, in that case they better keep Charlie Batch warm and ready to go.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

ChargerMike wrote: ..it was blind side right up to the second he turned back into it, at that point he had a split second to...no, no he didn't even have a split second before he was viciously hammered off his feet and into the ground.
so I'm watching the game when that hit occurs.....I turn to Mrs. Felix and say "oooh, watch this hit".......

she physically cringed at the replay all the while whispering "I hope he's alright"....

to which I reply, "hey, that's Big Ben....takes a licking and keeps on ticking.....see, he's up"

then rewound the TiVo to replay it a couple more times........and adding "he got JACKED UP"....
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ChargerMike wrote:...so what you're saying, is his on field futility is in no way connected with his current physical or mental condition...uh OK, in that case they better keep Charlie Batch warm and ready to go.
His on the field performance has been a combination of early season rust, dumb luck and piss poor offensive line production against any team with a big, physical front 7.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:...so what you're saying, is his on field futility is in no way connected with his current physical or mental condition...uh OK, in that case they better keep Charlie Batch warm and ready to go.
His on the field performance has been a combination of early season rust, dumb luck and piss poor offensive line production against any team with a big, physical front 7.
Early season rust? Dude, this is week 13 coming up. Wakey, wakey!

Face it. He's mentally shot. He'll never be the same player again. It happens that way some times after brutal injuries. Tough break.
Did you see his Super Bowl stats? He was a shitty QB BEFORE the accident, and now he's even worse.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

mvscal wrote:
WhatsMyName wrote:Cutler opens the playbook up. All those plays that go beyond 25 yards will suddenly reappear.
I am a fucking moron.
Ok.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Early season rust? Dude, this is week 13 coming up. Wakey, wakey!
How about you do some reading for content dumbfuck. I said his issues SEASON LONG were a combination of all 3 factors.
Face it. He's mentally shot. He'll never be the same player again. It happens that way some times after brutal injuries. Tough break.
Not even close. Not that the haters will believe it until sometime next year but Ben is being asked to do 10 times what he did for the team offensively last year with one half the support around him. There's bound to be a learning curve, and you're seeing it in the form of some ill timed passes.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

So, can someone point out how Cutler played much better than Plummer ?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

drummer wrote:So, can someone point out how Cutler played much better than Plummer ?
not til you can convince me that Plummer would have played better than Cutler......

that INT he lobbed up for a seaslug td was eerily similar to numerous Plummer interceptions I've seen in the past....
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The Donks were a two loss team and among the NFL elite until they played the Chargers.
Now they've lost three in a row and the don't have a QB worth a shit.

Amazing how things can turn around so quickly, once you've been exposed.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

drummer wrote:So, can someone point out how Cutler played much better than Plummer ?
I can’t but I can point out that Cutler is a rookie and has potential to get better!
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:I can point out another Donkey LOSS
Was it as fun watch as the Chef losing to the mighty Browns?
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Donkey LOSS and pretty much their season circling the shitter.
Big difference between my team and yours…here in Denver just making the playoffs is not good enough! The Broncos were not going to get to the Super Bowl with Plummer, and there not going to get there with Cutler either, but the time has come to move forward and work to be a better team in the future.

BTW good luck in your quest to make the playoffs, chef fan needs something to hang his hat on!
Mikey wrote:The Donks were a two loss team and among the NFL elite until they played the Chargers. Now they've lost three in a row and they don't have a QB worth a shit. Amazing how things can turn around so quickly, once you've been exposed.
Until the Chargers actually do something in the postseason, you’re in the same boat as KC Fan! Gotta admit thou the Chargers are looking good
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

zilla wrote:I can’t but I can point out that Cutler is a rookie and has potential to get better!
So are you essentially writing off your playoff/championship hopes already?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The Chargers are vulnerable. I'll definitely admit that, but they seem to find a way to win, at least for the past 6 weeks. They seem to have learned how to finish a game - something that they have lacked before. They're now coming back to win instead of blowing late game leads.

I'm not really all that confident, though. They have the ability to beat any team in the league right now, but there's a lot of things that could go wrong in the postseason. Whatever happens it's been an awesome year watching LT. That's something that can't be denied.