talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

TenTallBen
No title requested

Rack this new rule!!

Post by TenTallBen »

Saints-Cowboys game on Dec. 10 moved to Sunday night
Game will be played on NBC

Because of the new flexible NFL policy in scheduling the prime-time games for the last four weeks of the season, the New Orleans Saints-Dallas Cowboys game scheduled for Dec. 10 will be aired on NBC at 7 p.m.
No more shitty matchups down the stretch! Where's Headhunter?? You're boys are going down and everybody's going to get to see it!

Geaux Saints!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Why don't you go look it up at nfl.com, you fat lazy retard.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

:lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:At Texas Stadium or at the Superdome?

Uhm....as a general rule, the road team is listed first, the host team last.

In....every fucking sport known to mankind.

Sin,
Dude Who Stared Watching Sports Before Last Year
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Simmer down, Ben. Yeah. Good rule. I like it, but the Saints are going to get schooled.

I like Sean Payton. A lot. Hell I thought he was being groomed to take over the Cowboys, and I was cool with that. He's done a hell of a job. A hell of a job. Coach of the year, IMHO. But the Cowboys are at a different level at this point. They are a freaking buzz saw. Hottest QB in the league. #3 D. #3 rushing game. Why the fuck would you be excited about playing them?

I know the Gints aren't too happy at this point. And Nawlins aint no home game for the Saints when the Cowboys roll in. Ever been to a Saints/Boys tilt in Nawlins? It'll be a good shake of Cowboy fans rolling in and taking over. The good news is that it'll be good for local bidness. Lots of people roll in for this game. Wish I could make it this year.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Why don't you go look it up at nfl.com, you fat lazy retard.
Because I AM lazy
You need to own it all, bitch.

Cowboys will roll the Saints.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Headhunter wrote:Hottest QB in the league.
The hottest QB in the league will be playing in that game, just not for the Cowboys. If you guys can manage some turnovers then you have a good chance to pull it off, if not then well...we'll see....Brees has been throwing the shit out of the ball and with the exception of a few costly mistakes our recievers have stepped up big time. I hope Colston will be back in time for this game as it could definitely help revive his ROY chances.

Oh and the game is in Dallas, HH. I'm excited about playing the Cowboys on primetime TV because its probable that both teams will still be first in their division. Who wouldn't want that? The Saints have sucked for so long that I'm just happy when they get some good pub like a sunday night game can offer. We'll see if they can kick it up a notch and punk you guys in your house while the whole country watches.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Jesus Ben, just christened the Aints as Superbowl Champs.

Since this game is at Texas Stadium I will look for the Boys to come up big with home field advantage. If the game was in Nawlins I might not be so confident. However, as HH mentioned above, the Boys are the hottest team in the NFC and performing at a very high level on both sides of the ball.

The Boys will win this game. Predictions to follow.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

I even read Dinsdale's post and laughed. Jeez, what a fucking tool I look like!

And Ben, Nope. Brees has the most yards... The hottest (and I use QB rating for that stat) goes to Romo. #1 in the league. Brees comes in at 4 on that list. If you extrapolate Romo's 5 starts into 11 games, he comes 20 yards shy of Brees. As it stands, after 5 games he only has 6 fewer TD passes. You're also bringing in the leagues 29th rated Rushing Offense against the leagues 4th rated rushing D. Good luck with that.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Who would of ever thought that we'd be talking smack with Aints fan.

Congrats Ben on having a decent team.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Baltimore at KC would have been a better choice imo. The networks are pimps for the Dallas Cowboys though. I Don't blame them a bit. It's all about the $$$ and there are a shitload of Cowboy fans.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

DallasFanatic wrote:Who would of ever thought that we'd be talking smack with Aints fan.

Congrats Ben on having a decent team.

Thanks. It's been a LONG time coming.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

NBC got over with the new rule
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Adelpiero wrote:NBC got over with the new rule

Yup...
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Headhunter wrote: You're also bringing in the leagues 29th rated Rushing Offense against the leagues 4th rated rushing D. Good luck with that.
Who needs rushing when you have passing? They have so many weapons to go to its retarded! Horn, Henderson, Colston, Deuce, Bush...

Brees threw 3 int's in each of the Ravens and Steelers games. If that doesn't happen then they'd possibly be 9-1. I just know that the Saints have too much talent this year to lose to anybody else. If they do lose it, it's because they shoot themselves in the foot. I think they've had enough of those experiences this year to learn from them.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

TenTallBen wrote:
Who needs rushing when you have passing? They have so many weapons to go to its retarded! Horn, Henderson, Colston, Deuce, Bush...

Brees threw 3 int's in each of the Ravens and Steelers games. If that doesn't happen then they'd possibly be 9-1. I just know that the Saints have too much talent this year to lose to anybody else. If they do lose it, it's because they shoot themselves in the foot. I think they've had enough of those experiences this year to learn from them.
Cmon Ben. You are not going to come in here and say your squad is going to throw all over us. I know you are not saying that.

Have you ever heard of the Indianapolis Colts? Uh huh. Knocked the snot out of them.

You trying to throw your boys in that kind of company? I know you are experiencing feelings like never before, and maybe never again. Enjoy the wins, but for peets sake have a sense of reality. The Aints are a good team but they don't exactly strike fear in opposing defenses. Look for the Boys to put pressure on Brees and force him to throw the picks.

Thats real.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

DallasFanatic wrote: The Aints are a good team but they don't exactly strike fear in opposing defenses. Look for the Boys to put pressure on Brees and force him to throw the picks.

Thats real.

Check the stats.... NFL.com says....

Sacks for the season...

29 - NO
22 - DAL

You don't think they aren't going to get after Tony Roma's ribs seafood and steaks?
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Nixhex wrote:Baltimore at KC would have been a better choice imo.
NBC is waiting until the following week, when the Chiefs play the bolts.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Ravens beat the Bolts. Anyone notice how the Ravens are flying under everyone's radar? They never get primetime games, nobody talks about them. I'm telling you, these overhyped teams like Indy and SD are in for a rude awakening.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

WhatsMyName wrote:Ravens beat the Bolts. Anyone notice how the Ravens are flying under everyone's radar?
This is true. Very worrisome game coming up at Arrowhead in two weeks. The Ravens may well be the best team in the league right now that nobody ever talks much about.

As for Aints at Boys, who gives a shit? It's an NFC game, for shits sake. If this were minor league baseball, it'd be like you NFC honks rooting for Pawtucket at Poughkeepsie.

covers head...

DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

War Wagon wrote: As for Aints at Boys, who gives a shit? It's an NFC game, for shits sake. If this were minor league baseball, it'd be like you NFC honks rooting for Pawtucket at Poughkeepsie.
Apparently KC didn't last year.

Sincerely

31-28

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Flex-schedule is bad for a number of reasons.
No surprise the NFL is balls-deep in it.

For starters, network fuckings are taking place.
And the fuckings the major networks take are only the tip of a large iceberg of fuckings.
There's a major trickle-down effect here, and multiple 'small media' fuckings are taking place by the moving of game times and networks.
It's a VERY extensive list of folks being walked over by this schedule manipulation.

Oh well, .... they'll all get over it.
They'll swab their sore twats and deal with it.
This IS the National Football League we're talking about, after all.

Some fans DO travel -- and considerable distance to go to NFL Games.
Well, Steeler fan is one obvious example.
They bring many folks to away games.
Travel arrangements are made ..... hotels, airline flights, etc, etc ....
All of these things must be changed .... if they even can.
And on top of that, a game moved to Sunday night very possibly means that travel back home will not take place until Monday morning.
Anyone work .... ?
Who needs a fucking yob anyway ... ?
It's the NFL we're talking 'bout.

But the most compelling reason why flex-schedule is a bad idea is that it's very bad for the long-term health of the league.
Every child wants parents that'll give him a bowl of ice cream for breakfast instead of Cream of Wheat.
So mom and dad cave in and give him ice cream one day.
"OOoooooOoOOOOooh, I luv u, mommy and daddy -- you're the bestest and stuff!!!!!!"
Next thing you know, junior ONLY wants his ice cream.
Won't be satisfied without it.

The league is unwittingly (well, truth is they sort of know what they are doing, but they're only interested in the MONEY advantage -- short term) diminishing the majority of it's product by this flex-schedule move.
So far, dimwit fan has been slow to catch on to the fact that the quality of the league ain't all that good, but this move by the league will serve to actually BOLD PRINT that very fact to joe fan.

I find that ironically amusing. haha

Good yob, league.

Parity blows goats, btw.
Are there any REALLY good teams in the entire league ... ?
Not hard at all, however, to rattle off 15-20 SHIT teams though.
hahaha

Hey, I can understand the reasoning for flex-schedule.
The entertainment options available to the general public are SO far greater than in a past generation.
And also, the attention span of the average American is on par with a gerbil.
Click, click, click goes the remote.
No tittie and ass .... ? *click*
So of course the league wants to put the most 'compelling' product out there for viewing.

Hey, if they league had followed a different path a LONG time ago they wouldn't be whoring around like this right now.

They're pretty damn pitiful.

Fuck the league.

I hope NFL headquarters burns to the ground.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

War Wagon wrote:
As for Aints at Boys, who gives a shit? It's an NFC game, for shits sake. If this were minor league baseball, it'd be like you NFC honks rooting for Pawtucket at Poughkeepsie.

covers head...

Ah Wags, you instigator you. I won't take the bait any more than to say "get back to me when someone in your precious AFC beats the Colts".

On a business note, the Cowboys, when winning, always are a good draw..and the Saints are the "feel good" story of the year for the NFL. That combo makes for a interesting game to most fans outside of your neighborhood.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

NBC can't just steal any game they want can they? Don't Fox, CBS, etc. get to pick a game for one time slot as well?

Also, isn't the reasoning behind the flex schedule to keep us from watching say Oakland vs. Houston on Sunday night? Unlike Monday night where shitty matchups happen all the time. Not to mention their bias toward big market teams.

This is a brilliant idea by NBC if you ask me. Monday night football is no longer the top dog in my book. Hell I'm not sure it ever was.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

poptart wrote:Flex-schedule is bad for a number of reasons.
No surprise the NFL is balls-deep in it.

For starters, network fuckings are taking place.
And the fuckings the major networks take are only the tip of a large iceberg of fuckings.
There's a major trickle-down effect here, and multiple 'small media' fuckings are taking place by the moving of game times and networks.
It's a VERY extensive list of folks being walked over by this schedule manipulation.

Oh well, .... they'll all get over it.
They'll swab their sore twats and deal with it.
This IS the National Football League we're talking about, after all.

Some fans DO travel -- and considerable distance to go to NFL Games.
Well, Steeler fan is one obvious example.
They bring many folks to away games.
Travel arrangements are made ..... hotels, airline flights, etc, etc ....
All of these things must be changed .... if they even can.
And on top of that, a game moved to Sunday night very possibly means that travel back home will not take place until Monday morning.
Anyone work .... ?
Who needs a fucking yob anyway ... ?
It's the NFL we're talking 'bout.

But the most compelling reason why flex-schedule is a bad idea is that it's very bad for the long-term health of the league.
Every child wants parents that'll give him a bowl of ice cream for breakfast instead of Cream of Wheat.
So mom and dad cave in and give him ice cream one day.
"OOoooooOoOOOOooh, I luv u, mommy and daddy -- you're the bestest and stuff!!!!!!"
Next thing you know, junior ONLY wants his ice cream.
Won't be satisfied without it.

The league is unwittingly (well, truth is they sort of know what they are doing, but they're only interested in the MONEY advantage -- short term) diminishing the majority of it's product by this flex-schedule move.
So far, dimwit fan has been slow to catch on to the fact that the quality of the league ain't all that good, but this move by the league will serve to actually BOLD PRINT that very fact to joe fan.

I find that ironically amusing. haha

Good yob, league.

Parity blows goats, btw.
Are there any REALLY good teams in the entire league ... ?
Not hard at all, however, to rattle off 15-20 SHIT teams though.
hahaha

Hey, I can understand the reasoning for flex-schedule.
The entertainment options available to the general public are SO far greater than in a past generation.
And also, the attention span of the average American is on par with a gerbil.
Click, click, click goes the remote.
No tittie and ass .... ? *click*
So of course the league wants to put the most 'compelling' product out there for viewing.

Hey, if they league had followed a different path a LONG time ago they wouldn't be whoring around like this right now.

They're pretty damn pitiful.

Fuck the league.

I hope NFL headquarters burns to the ground.

Geez Pop...are you more bent becuz the Raiders suck or because you cant watch the Raiders suck?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Save the drama for yo mama, Pops....flex-scheduling is good for the FANS, and that's all that matters.
Tart may be a Chicken Little wannabe, but he's right this time. The NFL is looking at short money and short term fixes when they should be looking at ways to make ALL of their games compelling prime time matchups. This is the kind of fan flex scheduling fucks over.
"So once again the $$$ rule. This time at my expense and I'm not happy about this at all. I grew up in a Pittsburgh suburb, moved to Philly for college, then Delaware and now I'm living in Boston. But my devotion as a Steelers fan has never wavered. This pre-season I got a ticket for the Dec. 3 game and was thrilled to finally get to attend a game at Heinz Field. I set up airfare immediately, the 1 p.m. game allowing me to catch an 8:30 flight back to Boston after the game so I could be back at work Monday. But I find out from your online article this week that the game has been changed to 4:15 p.m. and now I'm screwed. I had to call and change my flight time because there is no way I'm making my flight unless I leave the game at halftime, and that's never going to happen. The cost for switching flights is an additional $130, and there is no later flight Sunday night. I have to catch a 7:30 a.m. flight back on Monday morning. That gets me in to Logan Airport at 9:00 where I pick up my car and pay an additional night's fee for parking. And if you've ever been to Boston you know that's going to be ridiculously expensive. Then I have to drive at least an hour, with all the traffic, to my office. So with the time it takes for me to collect my bags and get to the car, I'll be lucky to get there by 11:00. Fortunately I still have relatives in Pittsburgh who I can stay with Sunday night, but what if I didn't, like perhaps some Tampa Bay fans who might be coming in? I'd have to hastily arrange for another night's hotel stay. If I had a rental car I'd have to hastily arrange for another rental day. All of these changes could easily end up costing me well over $350.

"The NFL has no regard for the fans this affects. I'm sure the networks are paying them ridiculous amounts to make this happen for their ratings. So if you can ask the new commissioner who I send the bill to for my additional costs I'd be grateful. Otherwise I'll think long and hard about purchasing another ticket in the future."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06331/741627-367.stm
And lets not even get started with fans in what the NFL likes to call "secondary markets". Why the hell should anyone in Rochester buy a ticket for a late season Bills game early on when they don't even know what time the game will be? There's a big difference between coming home at 6:30 Sunday night and getting home at 1:00 AM Monday morning. A couple of flex schedule fuckovers is all it will take to get fans in who live 70 or more miles away (25% of the Bills season ticket base) to think twice about buying tickets to a potential flex scheduled December game.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

BSmack wrote:[And lets not even get started with fans in what the NFL likes to call "secondary markets". Why the hell should anyone in Rochester buy a ticket for a late season Bills game early on when they don't even know what time the game will be? There's a big difference between coming home at 6:30 Sunday night and getting home at 1:00 AM Monday morning. A couple of flex schedule fuckovers is all it will take to get fans in who live 70 or more miles away (25% of the Bills season ticket base) to think twice about buying tickets to a potential flex scheduled December game.
Good point. I have tix for the Saints - Cowboys game 3 hours away in Dallas. Now thats its been moved, I have to come up with an excuse..err..an idea as to how to not be in on Monday.

Not sure if a Bills fan has to worry unless they're playing someone fighting for a playoff position...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mississippi Neck wrote:
BSmack wrote:[And lets not even get started with fans in what the NFL likes to call "secondary markets". Why the hell should anyone in Rochester buy a ticket for a late season Bills game early on when they don't even know what time the game will be? There's a big difference between coming home at 6:30 Sunday night and getting home at 1:00 AM Monday morning. A couple of flex schedule fuckovers is all it will take to get fans in who live 70 or more miles away (25% of the Bills season ticket base) to think twice about buying tickets to a potential flex scheduled December game.
Good point. I have tix for the Saints - Cowboys game 3 hours away in Dallas. Now thats its been moved, I have to come up with an excuse..err..an idea as to how to not be in on Monday.

Not sure if a Bills fan has to worry unless they're playing someone fighting for a playoff position...
Don't look now, but the Dec 17th game against the Dolphins could well be a candidate for a Sunday night flex schedule change. Here's what's in the 1:00 time slot for that day.

Cleveland at Baltimore
Detroit at Green Bay
Houston at New England
Jacksonville at Tennessee
Miami at Buffalo
N.Y. Jets at Minnesota
Philadelphia at N.Y. Giants
Pittsburgh at Carolina
Tampa Bay at Chicago
Washington at New Orleans

Of those games, the Bills-Dolphins game is the most evenly matched, it features two longtime rivals and should both teams win this weekend, they would be in the hunt for a wildcard with the loser of that game being eliminated from playoff contention.

But even if that doesn't happen, the Bills will certainly be flexed at some time in the not too distant future. This is a team that has finally started to get its shit together.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Gee, another pus-dripping diatribe from Poptart, who would have thunk it.

The NFL as a league could give a rats ass about local markets and filling a stadium, they are looking at the national market and television rights. That is where the real money comes from. It is only the local home team that is concerned about ticket sales and sellouts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
Nixhex wrote:NBC can't just steal any game they want can they?
No. I'm not sure of all the specifics, but Fox and CBS can each protect a certain number of games from being flexed.
From 'Flexible Scheduling 101"
CBS and FOX each get to protect a total of 5 games in the 7 weeks of flexible scheduling, but not more than one game in any week.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible
I could see Fox protecting the Giants-Eagles game that week. Though honestly I'm not sure how many Giants fans have survived their date with the shower rod.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

BSmack wrote:The NFL is looking at short money and short term fixes when they should be looking at ways to make ALL of their games compelling prime time matchups.
That's exactly right.
By taking this action with the schedule the league is diminishing it's overall product so that it can reap 'short-term' benefit.
And the rate of diminishment of the product will only ACCELERATE as time goes by.
These are not the actions of wise stewards of the game, they are the actions of a money-grubbing pieces of shit.

Also, in the process of reaping these short term benefits, the league suits are shitting all over the very type of fan who the fucking league was BUILT upon -- the type of fan that Bri's post included words from.

I don't applaud.

Enjoy your games, fans.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Hagler vs. Leonard?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote: Don't look now, but the Dec 17th game against the Dolphins could well be a candidate for a Sunday night flex schedule change. Here's what's in the 1:00 time slot for that day.
You seem to have forgotten the 3:15 time slots, one of which (as dave made mention) is currently KC vs San Diego. Or were you thinking they could only flex the early games?

This'll be a slam dunk decision by the network honchos.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:
BSmack wrote:they should be looking at ways to make ALL of their games compelling prime time matchups.
That's exactly right.
Such as?

While you're at it, go ahead and name any sport at any period of history in which all of their matchups were compelling prime time fare.
It's called an aspiration.

Instead, the NFL is aspiring to make short-term $$$.

Even games between teams out of the playoff hunt would have interest to joe fan if the league hadn't set off on a path to neuter it's product by it's socialist parity agenda a long time ago.

Not only has parity ruined the sport, but the NFL has to have everything so neatly packaged and douched-up now that all the true flavor and individuality of the sport has been sucked right out of it.

There's nothing interesting or compelling when every team look, acts, and functions the same way as every other team.

The college game beats the shit out of the NFL in this regard, although they too have lost some 'flavor' by beginning down the same path the NFL took.

It won't be long until the fan won't tune in to the NFL unless they are showing the ... good ... teams.

By this flex-schedule decision the league is just accelerating that process.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

poptart wrote: There's nothing interesting or compelling when every team look, acts, and functions the same way as every other team.
Not every team looks the same. You have a few upper echolon teams, a group of wannabes, and then the raiders. I can guarantee no team in the NFL looks, acts or functions like the Raiders. How freakin embarrasing would that be?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

My takes have nothing to do with the Raiders, and it's not surprising to see two goobers going to the lowest common denominator in objection to my take rather than bringing any substantial points in support of flex-schedule.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Goober?

Geez tart you are slipping. Spare us the parity bullshit, the bottom line is the NFL is a business. I am not in agreement with everything the NFL does, but I do understand the modern day era of wanting to make some cash.

I am almost guaranteeing you, that if the Raiders were a successful NFL franchise in this modern day of the NFL, you wouldn't be posting all this BS. You sound like a senile old man who is just pissed at the "NFL World."

Lighten up Tart, support your Raider team, and run a few tards here in the process. Thats what this board is known for.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:My takes have nothing to do with the Raiders, and it's not surprising to see two goobers going to the lowest common denominator in objection to my take rather than bringing any substantial points in support of flex-schedule.

It probably has something to do with them realizing (at least at the subconcious level) that flex scheduling only benefits the least passionate fans. That is, the fans who never take the time to plan something like THIS.

Flexible scheduling screws the traveling fan and the season ticket holder who are locked into their game plans for periods of up to 4 months or more in advance in favor of the "casual" fan who can't bothered to watch anything other than "top" matchups. How this is supposed to be in the long term good of the game completely escapes me.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

BSmack wrote:How this is supposed to be in the long term good of the game completely escapes me.

Simple. Like any sport, the NFL knows it's damned near impossible to lose many from their hard core fan base.... no matter how badly they screw them. Whatever irate fans they lose in the flex scheduling process, they'll make up for with higher rated games due to increased casual fan viewing. Higher rated games = more revenue. People will still buy tix, Bri... Whatever person decides getting screwed over is too much for them to handle, there's thousands of people waiting impatiently behind them ready to scoop up the ticket.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
BSmack wrote:How this is supposed to be in the long term good of the game completely escapes me.

Simple. Like any sport, the NFL knows it's damned near impossible to lose many from their hard core fan base.... no matter how badly they screw them. Whatever irate fans they lose in the flex scheduling process, they'll make up for with higher rated games due to increased casual fan viewing. Higher rated games = more revenue. People will still buy tix, Bri... Whatever person decides getting screwed over is too much for them to handle, there's thousands of people waiting impatiently behind them ready to scoop up the ticket.
Like I said, they are looking at short money. There is no arguing that flex scheduling will result in increased short term profit. What remains to be seen is how season ticket sales will hold up after ticket holders get "flexed" on two weeks notice and what kind of impact this will have on long distance fan support.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown