Denver at KC - NFL Network T-Day inaugural game

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:We WILL see Jay Cutler in this game.
sounds like a sig bet to me.......
get out, get out while there's still time
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

I think KC has enough to take out Denver.

KC 20

Denver 17
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Denver needs this game badly.........lose two in a row to division rivals and your prospects for post season play are not good......

Broncos-20
Chefs-19
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Felix wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:We WILL see Jay Cutler in this game.
sounds like a sig bet to me.......
IN. If you are.
so the bet is whether Cutler plays or not......

yeah I'm in......
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Felix wrote:so the bet is whether Cutler plays or not......

yeah I'm in......

What if one team is getting blown out and Cutler sees garbage time?

What if Plummer throws for 400 yds and breaks his ankle with 2 minutes left in the game?

What if Plummer gets sacked, has the wind knocked out of him, and has to miss one play?

You may want to get into the details of this whole thing, bro. If I were a betting man (I am), I'd limit the scope of the bet to Plummer being benched for ineffectiveness.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

mvscal wrote:He's sounds like a dumbass. Rolling out Cutler when they are 7-3 and still in the thick of the playoff race would be a panic move and I don't see Ratahan shitting down his leg and going with a rookie QB as this point.
Yep. As much as I can't stand Ratahan he's not that dumb. An injury or a blowout is the only way Cutler sees the field.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Nixhex wrote:An injury or a blowout is the only way Cutler sees the field.
of course Paul and my sig bet is predicated on Cutler replacing Plummer for poor play and not for being injured....... :lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote: What's the story on Gonzo? Is he playing?
I believe that he is. If this wasn't such a huge game, he probably wouldn't. How effective he'll be is another matter, but just having #88 on the field gives the Donk D something else to be worried about other than LJ. I'll take TG at 75% over half the TE's in the league any damn way. Just don't think they'll be able to toss it high and have him go up and get it. 10 days ago, he had to cut off his jersey because he couldn't raise his left arm over his head.

More importantly, Brian Waters is going to play. That's just fucking huge. You never reallyappreciate a great O-Lineman until you see the scrub that tries to replace him.

Should be a great game that comes down to the final 2:00 minutes.

I'm calling it:

Chiefs - 23
Mules - 20
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Felix wrote:
Nixhex wrote:An injury or a blowout is the only way Cutler sees the field.
of course Paul and my sig bet is predicated on Cutler replacing Plummer for poor play and not for being injured....... :lol:
You wish....:wink:
Well.........We're waiting

Broncos do not lose 2 in a row
Denver 26
KC 24
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

godzilla2002 wrote: Well.........We're waiting
the only stipulation I have is that Cutler has to have some significant role......

coming in to kneel down on the ball three times is not significant......
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

And in related news......
Broncos ready to go with Cutler

By Adam Schefter
Special to NFL.com

(Nov. 22, 2006) -- Shortly after the holiday season begins, so will the Jay Cutler era.

After Jake Plummer starts Thursday night against the Kansas City Chiefs, the Broncos are likely to turn over their starting quarterback job to Cutler, their highly touted 2006 first-round draft choice, who then would make his debut on Sunday night, Dec. 3, against the Seattle Seahawks, according to sources close to the situation.

The Broncos are anxious to see if rookie QB Jay Cutler is ready to lead the team.
The Cutler era very well might have started sooner had the Broncos not been working on an abbreviated schedule this week, in one of the NFL's toughest road venues. Denver plays at Kansas City in the first live regular-season game televised on NFL Network and one team official said he thought the Broncos would have started Cutler if the team were playing on a Sunday instead of a Thursday.

But just as the short week prevented Cutler from making his debut this week, it will greatly enhance his chances of starting next week, giving the Broncos 10 days to prep their rookie quarterback for his first NFL start at home against the Seahawks.

Already, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan has shown he is not afraid to shake up his offense. At various points this season, Shanahan has benched his starting running backs, Tatum Bell and Mike Bell, his right offensive tackle, George Foster, and his tight end, Tony Scheffler.

Quarterback is the next position that will be hit with a change, and it will be a seismic one in NFL circles. One AFC general manager, upon studying game film of the Broncos offense this week, said he believes that Shanahan has had to tone down the aggressiveness of his play-calls out of fear that Plummer will make more mistakes. He certainly has made enough of them this season, throwing 11 interceptions compared to 10 touchdowns.

Two Sundays ago against the Raiders, Plummer threw three interceptions, causing the Broncos to continue contemplating a quarterback change. In Denver's next game, Plummer played even more poorly, throwing an interception and fumbling twice in the fourth quarter, including once after the Broncos called timeout to go over their play-call.

Now the Broncos believe the time has come to turn over their offense -- and really their franchise -- to Cutler. Broncos assistant coaches who have repeatedly watched the 6-foot-4, 225-pound Cutler through the preseason and into the regular season say their quarterback is more poised and polished than any rookie they have seen. His disposition is said to be perfect for the position. But there still remains the question of how he will play in games.

If the preseason is any judge, it should be superbly. Cutler completed 40 of 62 passes (64.5 percent) for 561 yards, four touchdowns, one interception and a 108.3 quarterback rating. During the same preseason, Plummer completed 19 of 34 passes (55.9 percent) for 226 yards, one touchdown and no interception for an 86.2 quarterback rating.

Plummer's quarterback rating this season has plummeted to 69.7, the lowest it has been in Denver and his worst figure since his last season at Arizona in 2002. He is now the 29th-rated quarterback in the league, trailing such quarterbacks as Tampa Bay's Bruce Gradkowski, Seattle's Seneca Wallace and Cleveland's Charlie Frye.

Despite Jake Plummer's struggles, he has the Broncos in the thick of things in the AFC West.
At his press conference Tuesday, Plummer said defiantly: "There have been people who have tried to run me out of here since I got here. If I listened to that stuff, I wouldn't still be here leading this team. Hey, one day that will all come true. Until then, sorry."

But "then" is coming quick. Thursday night is now expected to be Plummer's last start for an indefinite period and maybe his final one as the Broncos quarterback.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

If his last start is at Arrowhead, here's to going out in a blaze of infamy.

Jeez, too bad Cutler's first start couldn't have been this one.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Go Chiefs

(never thought I'd hear myself write that)
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

I knew the Broncos would fall at Arrowhead, just like the Chiefs fall at Denver. At least we have a quarterback of the future instead of a couple old guys.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Well we'll see how Cutler can play. I don't think our situation was quite to the magnitude of the QB situation that was going on in Dallas recently (and I thought we had hostile fans here toward our QB) but Cutler might be able to get us to the playoffs. who knows.

Enjoy this early Christmas gift, KC.
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

d-townmike wrote: Enjoy this early Christmas gift, KC.
Gift?

You got mauled for 200+ rushing yards while being held to 38.

Which part of that was a gift?

Interesting that most Dungver fans didn't even chime into this thread until after the game was over. You knew you was beat before the game even started, and are now only here to pick up the pieces.

Nice.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Beg pardon if my typing appears to be a bit hoarse... Just returned home from a glorious evening at Arrowhead!

It really doesn't get much better than hanging out with 80,000 of your closest friends on a balmy Thanksgiving evening and seeing your favorite team stomp the living piss out of their most hated and bitter rival. I would like to think that a relentless Larry Johnson, a swarming Chiefs Defense, and a cacophonous home crowd all contibuted towards tonight's victory. But I'd be wrong. No, tonight's victory can only be attributed to a single source:

The mere presense of KC Paul and all his iterations.

Let the Legend live on!
KC Paul 3.0 wrote: I don't give a shit- I'll be at the game ensuring a Chiefs victory. :wink:
OK, so Paulie whiffed on his Cutler take... But his take on LJ was nailz:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
poptart wrote:Denver D's the run quite well, and they'll be able to slow LJ enough to force Green to put it up a bit.
The Mules CANNOT and HAVE NOT stopped Larry Johnson at Arrowhead- the previous two games here say it all:

2004- 30 carries, 151 yards, 2TDs
2005- 30 carries, 140 yards, 2TDs

In other words MuleFan, might as well get used to seeing THIS on Turkey Night:

Werd.

RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
L.Johnson 34 157 4.6 21 1

Listen. And understand. KC Paul 3.0 is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are pwned.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Yellow or not. Cool pics e. Rack the Chiefs!
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

War Wagon wrote:
d-townmike wrote: Enjoy this early Christmas gift, KC.
Gift?

You got mauled for 200+ rushing yards while being held to 38.

Which part of that was a gift?

Interesting that most Dungver fans didn't even chime into this thread until after the game was over. You knew you was beat before the game even started, and are now only here to pick up the pieces.

Nice.
Rather than Chief fan who, after years of seeing the Chiefs get owned in Denver, still manage to talk endless amounts of shit before the game, only to be humiliated when said contest ends.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I wouldn't start crowning the Chefs quite yet bud.......the Chefs weren't dominant Plummer, special teams play and some key penalties aided your teams cause.....

lots of games yet to be played......

here's your sig....wear it with pride......

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC plays 3 of it's remaining 5 on the road, and the 2 home games are v. B'more and J'ville.
I could see them making the playoffs as the 5th or 6th seed.
I could also see them dropping 3 of the last 5 and missing out.
It's in their hands.

I don't believe KC's defense is good enough to back up the kind of conservative offensive approach that Herm goes with.
It's fun for Chef fan to see his team in the hunt, but it's gonna END on a sour note when all is said and done.

Dungver has offensive problems that they are not going to see corrected this season.

SD has the AFC West's best chance of winning the Conference, ....... if Marty can avoid pissing down his leg.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: Dungver has offensive problems that they are not going to see corrected this season.
one of the problems may be corrected next week.....

Cutler should start the next game.....

now whether or not he can jump start the offense is another matter......but I'll make a prediction right now.......

if Shannahan sticks with Plummer after that fucking dismal performance last night, this will be his last year coaching the Broncos.......
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Looks to me like the Hunts need to get Paulie season tix and their private jet to take him to all road games.

Rack Paul for calling his shot. It aint bragging if you can back it up.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

e wrote:
i'll let you know if it lives up to the reputation and may have pix.
so in your estimate, did it live up to the reputation?

I live about 25 miles from Arrowhead, and maybe it was my imagination, but i swear that when I stepped out on my back porch and listened closely, I could faintly hear the din.

What a shame that Lamar couldn't be present for this game as he went back into the hospital with a collapsed lung. I thought King Carl was going to break down in tears when he interrupted Herm's post game presser to pay tribute and announce who won the game ball. Good lord, but I sure want to see the trophy that bears his name handed to him and not his son Clark someday.

I have a sad feeling that Mr. Hunt won't be around for many more Thanksgivings.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I don't believe tossing a 1st yr QB into the Denver offense is going to help matters a whole lot.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Props to the Chiefs
Looks like Chef Fan had fun last night…fuckers!
In a game the Broncos had to have, the Chiefs played better. The rest of the season will be interesting to see what direction both teams go. I have a hard time believing that Cutler can start next week and turn the offense around, but I for one am ready for the change even if it doesn’t pan out for a year or two, leave the team as it is now and the best we could hope for would be a one and done in the playoffs. I would rather miss the playoffs all together and watch Cutler get experience.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:I don't believe tossing a 1st yr QB into the Denver offense is going to help matters a whole lot.
so you think Cutler would hurt the Broncos worse than Plummer.....

:lol:

it's the same pattern week after week.......three and outs galore, missed passes to WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS (s'up Steven Alexander), fumbled snaps on critical third downs, the list goes on and on......

I'm a big fan of Plummers, but if he continues to helm the QB postition Denver is going nowhere.....not saying that Cutler is going to lead them to the promised land, but I've lost all faith in Jake's ability.....

and I'm not the only one......
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Felix wrote:I've lost all faith in Jake's ability
Agreed… 2 good games out of 11 from Plummer, might as well make the switch now and see what happens.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

I dont watch the Broncos much, but, Plummer must be horrrible to have fans of a 7-4 team want to bench him for a greenhorn rookie. At least Romo had observed for 4 years.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

poptart wrote:KC plays 3 of it's remaining 5 on the road, and the 2 home games are v. B'more and J'ville.
I could see them making the playoffs as the 5th or 6th seed.
I could also see them dropping 3 of the last 5 and missing out.
It's in their hands.

I don't believe KC's defense is good enough to back up the kind of conservative offensive approach that Herm goes with.
It's fun for Chef fan to see his team in the hunt, but it's gonna END on a sour note when all is said and done.
Technically, the Chefs are still behind Denver due to the fact that ALL of their losses are in conference and only 3 of the Donkeys losses are. Neither team is going to make the playoffs even if the Raiders beat San Diego this week- (which I wouldn't bet against, btw)
Dungver has offensive problems that they are not going to see corrected this season.
Denver's biggest offensive problem is sitting in the coaching booth: The Offensive Coordinator. They moved the ball at will just before halftime, by moving Plummer out of the pocket and having him do what he does best: throw on the run & scramble for yardage. They didn't even attempt it again the rest of the game. If they go to Cutler, there'll be no roll-outs or bootlegs the rest of the season. Plummer is finished in any case.
SD has the AFC West's best chance of winning the Conference, ....... if Marty can avoid pissing down his leg.
If a way can be found to lose a big game, Schottenheimer will find it.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mississippi Neck wrote:I dont watch the Broncos much, but, Plummer must be horrrible to have fans of a 7-4 team want to bench him for a greenhorn rookie. At least Romo had observed for 4 years.
Like I say Neck, I'm a big fan of Plummer's......but it seems he's incapable of performing in big games......last night was just another in a long line of "could have beens"......Denver had their opportunities, Plummer simply couldn't take advantage.....take for example the interception.....the announcers said "that's not Jakes fault".....which is bullshit because he threw the ball way behind Alexander.....Alexander's mistake was in trying to reach back to make the play and knocking it in the air for an easy interception......it's a repeating pattern.....

Denver's defense is responsible for the majority of wins this year.....
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Cuda wrote:Technically, the Chefs are still behind Denver due to the fact that ALL of their losses are in conference and only 3 of the Donkeys losses are.
Wrong... Division records come before Confrence records KC is 3-1 Denver is 3-2
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

godzilla2002 wrote:
Cuda wrote:Technically, the Chefs are still behind Denver due to the fact that ALL of their losses are in conference and only 3 of the Donkeys losses are.
True - and KC is likely to finish at 4-2 and Denver at 3-3.

Still, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if both AFC wildcards came out of the West. It's a very real possibility. Not sure if that's happened before or not.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

It's pretty doubtful ANY wildcards will come out of the AFC West this year
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

If the Broncos rush for 38 yards like they did last night it won't matter who the QB is.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Cuda wrote:It's pretty doubtful ANY wildcards will come out of the AFC West this year
"pretty doubtful"???
Right now KC (7-4) and Denver (7-4) are fighting Jacksonville (6-4) NYJ (5-5) Cincinnati (5-5)
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cuda wrote:It's pretty doubtful ANY wildcards will come out of the AFC West this year
And just how is it that you've arrived at that brilliant deduction?

Do you even bother looking at the current standings and remaining schedules for those still in the playoff picture, or are you just pulling more horseshit non-sense out of your ass as per usual?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

War Wagon wrote: or are you just pulling more horseshit non-sense out of your ass as per usual?
that's a rhetorical question isn't it.......
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

godzilla2002 wrote:

Looks like we need to remove "NFL expert" from Cuda's skill set. :lol:
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

Do you watch football?
Find'em hot, leav'em wet