OU / Kansas...

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

OU / Kansas...

Post by the_ouskull »

OU wins. I'll say between 4-7 points. I don't see a blowout happening. No way. Either way.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

helmet's conference ratings say KU by 2. I don't see Kansas losing three in a row, but they picked a bad place to try to stop a skid. Should be a good one.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Kelvin should have his guys run a 2-3 zone.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

helmet wrote:helmet's conference ratings say KU by 2. I don't see Kansas losing three in a row, but they picked a bad place to try to stop a skid. Should be a good one.
Word.

KU in a close game.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

rack jhawk. gayhawks win.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

If KU is interested in the game, they have a chance.....otherwise, no chance. KU's lack of enthusiasm in games this year is getting a bit tiresome. I don't want to take anything away from ISU's win last weekend, but KU had more unforced turnovers than I've seen in awhile.

KU's shooting actually isn't really the problem. It's OK, not great, not bad. The problem with KU is turnovers and a lack of rebounding. The rebounding problem is initiated by poor defensive play creating numbers problems off missed shots. Anyway, I still think KU is better than OU, but like somebody said, they picked a bad spot to try to stop a losing streak.

Should be a decent game tonight...although I doubt it will be well-played based on the recent performances of these two teams.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Christian Moody is likely a scratch for tonight, the infection on his leg still hasn't cleared up & it's still swollen up huge.

That means KU is depending on Sausha Kahn to actually hit a basket in the paint.

I'll be continuing my kitchen remodeling project tonight while watching the game, which isn't a good thing, as hammers and other tools may fly at the TV early and often unless the Jayhawks wake the fuck up.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Dude - I strongly encourage you to put all hammers and other such shit away before you watch this game.......

Of course, if you watch the game too closely these two squads could lull you to sleep!
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

JHawkBCD wrote:Christian Moody is likely a scratch for tonight, the infection on his leg still hasn't cleared up & it's still swollen up huge.
BWAAHAAHAAHAAA!!!! HEARNES HAS ITS REVENGE! MAKE YOUR TIME GAYHAWK FAN!!!

HOLY FUCKING KLEIZA!!
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Sausha Kahn
Any relation to Chaka?

the_ouskull
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Chaka is a better free throw shooter.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

No. They DID lose it. ...and it's not like OU played like they wanted it either.

the_ouskull
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Mook hammered it early.

RACK!

Kansas looked really Tired.

c'mon...if the game is on the line, and you're NOT moving at all on Offense...you can't score.

damn...if you don't move on Offense...you probably didn't move on defense either.

(not a fair statement...i only saw the end)

guessing that i'm right...though.
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Qbert wrote:Mook hammered it early.

RACK!

Kansas looked really Tired.

c'mon...if the game is on the line, and you're NOT moving at all on Offense...you can't score.

damn...if you don't move on Offense...you probably didn't move on defense either.

(not a fair statement...i only saw the end)

guessing that i'm right...though.
Q do you have any original opinion or do you just rehash what the ESPN commentators state?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Mook hammered it early? What about me? (Tugs on tie...) No respect, I tell ya.

the_ouskull
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Well, I stand corrected.....both teams played one good half and one bad half. I think that one end of the court must have been cursed!

OU played a very nice first half.....hats off to them.

Kansas continues to be very careless with the basketball and they couldn't rebound against five of us. Until this trend changes, they won't be very good. I don't know if I think they are "tired".....but they are very emotionless.....this team is most definitely not getting better, but getting worse exponentially.

Anyway, the freshman for OU looked good; Bookout did a pretty good job on Simien and defensively, OU was very tough in the first half. And like was mentioned earlier, OU is not a good place to try to end a losing streak....

Ok. State is usually the cure for a team playing as poorly as KU.....I pray the "streak" doesn't hit four.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I've said it all year....

Kansas is NOT a Top 15 team and will lose to the first team they face in the NCAA tournament that is from a major conference. You can bet your left nut on that one.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

You haven't been in here all year. I, on the other hand, HAVE said it all year.

the_ouskull
MisterTwister
Crack Whore

Post by MisterTwister »

Well if KU faces Big Ten opponents they would at least get to the Sweet Sixteen before losing.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Georgia Tech is very inconsistent. They ass raped Kansas for most of that game and then got lazy and Kansas rallied from a 19 point deficit to win.

Kentucky is another pretender. They aren't that good. Neither is the SEC. Besides, that was earlier in the year. I see no improvement from Kansas. They still can't stop dribble penetration and they still can't shoot the 3 for shit. They got their ranking because of the name "Kansas" on the front of their jerseys.

And what's with everyone ripping on the Big-10 everytime I tell it like it is in the Big-12?

The Big-10 sucks. Iowa sucks.

Sincerely,
Marcus Allen

How did you guys come to that conclusion!!!!!???

Iowa and the Big-10 have nothing to do with the topic(s) at hand.

I'm just saying that the Big-12 and Kansas are both WAY overrated. That's all. I'm not sure exactly what Iowa and the Big-10 have to do with that.

But speaking of Iowa.....have I mentioned lately how easy of a time they had against Big-12 teams?????
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

I just hope Kansas is in Illinois bracket.

please God
please God
please God

make it happen.

I do fear OSU, they match up pretty well with Illinois.
Waz
Elwood

Post by Waz »

Qbert wrote: Kansas looked really Tired.
[the following is hearsay from the OKC radio morons:] supposedly someone pulled the fire alarm in KU's hotel last night, and they were up for 2 hours[/hearsay from the OKC radio morons]

:twisted:
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

In Tulsa tonight... figured I'd feel better if I could flip off as many Okies as possible after last night's continuation of the implosion.

Wayne Simien is the only senior on that team with his head screwed on straight - period. Aaron Miles is back to his freshman year turnover woes, Keith Langford thinks he's Allen Iverson (but shoots free throws like Shaq), and Michael Lee knocks his own teammates out of bounds & won't take shots (no FG attempts in nine minutes), even though Giddens has been cold from the three point line during this streak.

Sasha Kaun can't be depended on in games yet. Every game that Moody is on the bench reminds us of this.

And Marcus Allen sez: an 8:15 assist to turnover ratio won't win you many basketball games, Aaron.

It's a good thing that there was a wall between the kitchen and the TV, or the plasma screen upgrade would be happening sooner than planned.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

The fire alarm bit is real.

And, for the record, I was nowhere near the Norman Holiday Inn off of I-35 and Robinson on Sunday night / Monday morning, and I have at least three credible witnesses that will back my story up... the desk clerk, the bellboy, and...

the_ouskull
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

When did I say Iowa was a better shooting team than anyone in the Big-12? I just said we cruised through the Big-12 during the non-conference slate. We were 3-0 with wins over Tech, Texas, and ISU.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

[quote="the_ouskull"]The fire alarm bit is real.

And, for the record, I was nowhere near the Norman Holiday Inn off of I-35 and Robinson on Sunday night / Monday morning,
the_ouskull[/quote]

I call bullshit....
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

The Kansas basketball team stays at a Holiday Inn off the interstate?!?!

I don't know if that speaks worse about KU or Norman.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Norman.... :D
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Call bullshit on my being there or my NOT being there...? I wasn't there, it was a joke. Unless you were calling bullshit on my being there, and then "man, f you, you don't know."

Also, that Holiday Inn is right next to an Outback and a big movie theatre. It's where I'd wanna stay if I didn't already have a house here and all.

the_ouskull
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Just f'in with you.....
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

the_ouskull wrote:Also, that Holiday Inn is right next to an Outback and a big movie theatre. It's where I'd wanna stay if I didn't already have a house here and all.
Oklahoma culture... wow.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Jonsense taks alot of shit, considering last year, MU and SLU handed them their jocks!

this year they strugled to beat a Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad SLU team in Iowa :roll: :roll: :roll:

they would be the Baylor of Big12
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
the_ouskull wrote:Also, that Holiday Inn is right next to an Outback and a big movie theatre. It's where I'd wanna stay if I didn't already have a house here and all.
Oklahoma culture... wow.
why not educates us on your cultural habits there Bace?

we shore could use a liddle. Are the Kenny Rogers shows at Branson as awesome as you folks say?
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

the_ouskull wrote:The fire alarm bit is real.

And, for the record, I was nowhere near the Norman Holiday Inn off of I-35 and Robinson on Sunday night / Monday morning, and I have at least three credible witnesses that will back my story up... the desk clerk, the bellboy, and...

the_ouskull
...skully, they're our guys, aren't they?

:lol:

WAR friends in low places

:twisted:
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.