WS:call it

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

What is La Russa supposed to do? You can't kick out one cheater and not the others. At least La Russa isn't a hypocrite.
Justa Heel
Justa Cum Gargler

Post by Justa Heel »

trev wrote:What is La Russa supposed to do? You can't kick out one cheater and not the others. At least La Russa isn't a hypocrite.
Others?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Justa Heel wrote:
trev wrote:What is La Russa supposed to do? You can't kick out one cheater and not the others. At least La Russa isn't a hypocrite.
Others?
she's drunk.

as always, she has no fucking clue what she is talking about.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Oh, sorry guys. I'm sure no other Cards players have "stretched" the rules.

Carry on and good luck in the world series.

:smile:
Justa Heel
Justa Cum Gargler

Post by Justa Heel »

Mace wrote:Since none of us know the full story, everything is pure speculation on the part of the media. IF the umpires had found an illegal substance on his pitching hand, Rogers would have been ejected. Since he wasn't, one would have to assume that the umpires found no evidence of him cheating and simply had him wash his hand. If that's not the case, then the umps didn't do their job. Whether LaRussa made an issue of it or not is irrelevant, as he's not in a position to eject a player and arguing the case could have ended up with him being ejected. Maybe the whole story will be revealed later but rumor has it that Gaylord Perry left all of his secrets with Mr. Rogers.

Mace
The rules state the ump doesn't check him unless the opposing manager asks. LaRussa didn't ask.

But feel free to keep rambling on like a dumbfuck.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Talk about the whole Rogers matter until you're blue in the face...Game 2 still went to the Tigers. There's still a series to be played...the Cards throw their best guy against arguably the Tigers 4th best starter. The matchup favors St. Louis but given their struggles against lefties, I give Nate and the Tigers a puncher's chance tonight. Hang in for 6 solid innings and avoid getting into multiple jams. Nate can wiggle off the hook a couple times a night but if he gets into three or four serious threats, he won't last very long. Gotta get something out Granderson, Polanco and Pudge tonight...they haven't done squat so far. Granderson had the great series against the Yankees and obviously Polanco won the MVP for the ALCS...don't make it easy on Carpenter and force him to work deep in the count and don't get yourself on his offspeed and breaking stuff.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Stellar effort by Carpenter...not much you can do against a performance like that. Gotta rebound tomorrow with Bonderman but Suppan ain't no pushover. I didn't expect this to be easy and the Cardinals pitching so far has outperformed the Tigers' through Game 3. They need a strong response in Game 4 because I don't think the Tigers would like to be put on the brink of elimination with still another game left in St. Louis. Get back to basics...strong starting pitching, get contributions from different guys each night and have the bullpen nail it down in the end. Granderson, Polanco and Pudge continue the 0-fors in the World Series...I expect Leyland to shuffle the order tomorrow to get those guys going. Hang in there, gang...
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Justa Heel wrote:
The rules state the ump doesn't check him unless the opposing manager asks. LaRussa didn't ask.

No, the rules don't state that. The rules say that ump has sole discretion.

Justa Heel
Justa Cum Gargler

Post by Justa Heel »

JCT wrote:
Justa Heel wrote:

No, the rules don't state that. The rules say that ump has sole discretion.

Oh shit really? "Sole duh-duh-duh-dis-cresh-eeehhn"?

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument
Still, La Russa had the first crack, and it turned out to be a check swing. The umpires won't search a pitcher unless a formal request comes from the opposing manager, and La Russa didn't ask. He didn't raise the issue until the second inning, after Rogers had cleaned up.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2 ... id=2635538
Rules 8.02(a)(2) through 8.02(a)(6) Comment: If a pitcher violates either Rule 8.02(a)(2) or Rule 8.02(a)(3) and, in the judgment of the umpire, the pitcher did not intend, by his act, to alter the characteristics of a pitched ball, then the umpire may, in his discretion, warn the pitcher in lieu of applying the penalty.
His "duh-duh-duh-dis-cresh-eeehhn" only relates to the penalty. Dumbfuck. :lol:

Sorry your Tigers in 4 prediction didn't pan out. But you can take this out of your pussy any time now...

rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Something I hate more than Yankeefan

Shit trolls...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Justa Heel
Justa Cum Gargler

Post by Justa Heel »

rozy wrote:Something I hate more than Yankeefan

Shit trolls...
Another plungered whiner...

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Game 4 moved to tomorrow night...not sure if that helps or hurts either team. This could set up Leyland to move Rogers to Game 5 on Friday if the Tigers are facing elimination after Game 4. I'd imagine LaRussa will stick with his same rotation...no way would he throw Suppan tomorrow and then skip Reyes in Game 5 for Weaver and then go with Carpenter and Suppan on Saturday and Sunday on short rest. Game 4 moving back Suppan's start pretty much eliminates him from starting Game 7 as well as Bonderman. I doubt either manager will be using their Game 4 starters the rest of the series in a starting role. Throwing them in relief on the weekend is a possibility.

I don't know what Leyland intended on doing with his starting lineup tonight but here's what I'd do with the batting order...
Polanco, 2B
Monroe, LF
Casey, 1B
Ordonez, RF
Guillen, SS
Inge, 3B
Granderson, CF
Rodriguez, C
Bonderman, P

I'm not in favor of sitting any of the three guys that a part of the 0-for. From 2nd to 8th, right-left-right-switch-right-left-right is established. Polanco has been a dependable guy the first two rounds...I wouldn't drop him down in the order. Leyland would put Polanco at the top of the order and slide down Granderson occasionally against left handed starters...if not Granderson all together. There really is no better option in center and Granderson also was strong in the first rounds. Rodriguez's playoff-long slump is the most disturbing...no hits since Game of the ALCS. I wouldn't sit him because Wilson won't nearly bring as much to the table with the bat but is at least somewhat on par with Pudge behind the plate. If this was a DH situation, maybe Leyland considers playing Wilson behind the plate and putting Pudge at first instead of moving Guillen over there to allow Casey to DH. Considering in the NL park situation, Leyland will likely have to use a pinch hitter at some point. If you start Wilson, maybe you pinch hit Pudge later in the game and or work a double-switch to get him in the game. I trust Leyland will do what's best for the team and put out the team he feels that will give the Tigers the best chance to win Game 4. We'll see tomorrow what he decides to do.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

You could have any batting order as long as they all corked their bats. It's not like LaRussa would mind.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Maybe I've been drinking from the waters of Lake Myopia but I don't believe this series is over. I also think these cats have used 8 of their 9 lives as well...no room for error the rest of the way. I mean that literally too...the errors by the pitchers have been killers and throw in the near catch by Monroe in the 8th and Granderson slipping and falling in centerfield...the Tigers need to make every play humanly possible in the field because these extra runs they've been giving the Cardinals have been lethal for them. It might just take one more brain fart or close call to cost them another run or two tonight and there will be a party in St. Louis tonight. Pride has to kick in as well...I think there was a lot of fight in them last night and I'm not convinced that Weaver is the guy to finish the job tonight. If LaRussa holds Carpenter until Game 7, I think this series can still go the distance with Rogers throwing in Game 6. The Cardinals need to finish it tonight or they'll have a dogfight on their hands in Detroit this weekend.