Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Hey Yankme Fan ...

Post by RadioFan »

How did that taste, bitches?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
John Kruk wrote:If the Yankees loose this series, George Steinbrenner will have a whole lot of spending to do.

Hey Toddowen, who do "we" play next?

Fucking idiots.

RACK the Tigers.

Try spending more next time, Tard ... errr, I mean .... George ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Aren't George Steinbrenner and Al Davis like "buds" or something?

Hey, let's talk about the Yankmee's future ...

hold on ...

wait for it ...

Bwwuaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who can we hire to come play with us?

I think we've found the answer!

Sincerely,

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

George has so much money, he should just clone Jeter and he'll never lose a game. I'll give him some props...he was the only positional player that showed up in that series.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Rack the Tigers. The Yanks absolutely sucked. Nice pitching staff. The only guy that shows up is the rookie Wang.....Great that they spent all that money for shit.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Laxplayer wrote:The Yanks absolutely sucked.
Quit it.

Sincerely, our ratings.

-- FOX
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Hey, but be SURE to tune in to FOX's NFL Sunday ...

You know the producers of FOX are totally PISSED, because they lost about more than half their bandwagoning audience. (THE WORLD SERIES IS ON FOX!! AND THIS TIME IT MEANS SOMETHING!) :lol: :lol:

^^^ The Loyal, NYY Fan's attention to "baseball," now that his team is DONE.

FUCK OFF, Yankee Fan. You've had ... what? A decade to win the World Series? Stick a fork in yourselves, and more importantly, GET OVER YOURSELVES, bitches.

You can't BUY Championships. GET it YET? Too bad your owner doesn't, 'cause he's ready to spend a whole lot more!

Keep lapping it up, Yankee Fan. You don't get it, nor ever will.

Hey, what's Al Davis up to, besides having his hands tied, behind the "evils" of a salary cap?

Enjoy your offseason, Bitches. Now get to bitching about George not spending more, pathetic fuckbags.

JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Who's your team again? Funny how you just appeared in here only after the Yanks lost. No sign of you all season long

Huh, last time you posted in here was May 15.

You're dismissed, bitch.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey asshole most Yankee fans realize that George is spending a lot of money on garbage. Look back at their run from 96-00 and most of their talent was home grown with a few FA's in the mix. They had grit, determination, heart, the desire to win. Once George started trying to buy a WS most rational Yankee fans knew it was a lost cause. Sheff, A-Rod, Giambi, Moose, etc......not good deals. They've traded away more talent than they have. I'm not pissed that they lost, I'm pissed because George doesn't get it. Everyone knows that spending a lot guarantees you shit, but for some reason George can't see that. Hopefully he realizes this very soon and pulls his head out.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

FUCK OFF, Yankee Fan. You've had ... what? A decade to win the World Series? Stick a fork in yourselves, and more importantly, GET OVER YOURSELVES, bitches.

hmmm let's see. A decade. 10 yrs. that would be 1996 - 2006, no?

1996 - WS Champs
1998 - WS Champs
1999 - WS Champs
2000 - WS Champs
2001 - Lost in 7
2003 - Lost in 7

Yep it's been a decade since they won.

Seriously, you so got over on Yankee fan.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Shoalzie wrote:George has so much money, he should just clone Jeter and he'll never lose a game. I'll give him some props...he was the only positional player that showed up in that series.
Damon showed up, Abreu showed up, Matsui showed up, Wang Showed up, Rivera showed up and Posada did too!!

The Yankees showed up as the individuals that they are!!

The Tigers just showed up as a team!!

The team to beat!
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

You can't BUY Championships. GET it YET? Too bad your owner doesn't, 'cause he's ready to spend a whole lot more!
Yeah, but what they do is manage to buy their way in to the post season every year, which sucks more than anything else.

I am happier than a pig in shit the yank-offs got blown out, but MLB should drop a serious hard cap on those assholes, See how well they do when they can't buy up all the talent so other teams don't get it.

Be nice to see a little more variety in the clubs who make it to the post season.

How about we start it off with No yankees for a couple of years?

Rack the Tigers.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Mister Bushice wrote:Yeah, but what they do is manage to buy their way in to the post season every year, which sucks more than anything else.
EXACTLY.

Hey JCT, you and your baseball "purity" can kiss my motherfucking ass.

Baseball ... it is the American game, right? Link me up to the part where it's American to fucking buy a championship.

Or did I rub your pussy wrong, bitch?

Awww, your owner couldn't promise what he said he would do, AGAIN? What's up with that?

Cry me a fucking river, Yankme Fan. You deserve every single moment of this pain, as long as you have Al, errr, George, as an owner, bandwaggoning, spoiled faggots.

... sniffle sniffle sniffle

RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

JCT wrote:1996 - WS Champs
1998 - WS Champs
1999 - WS Champs
2000 - WS Champs
2001 - Lost in 7
2002 - Lost
2003 - Lost in 7
2004 - LOST, in the biggest meltdown in baseball history.
2005 - Lost
2006 - Lost, in arguably the second-biggest upset in baseball history.
Fixed.

Don't even try this shit, idiot.

Given that your team is a favorite and is supposed to win, every fucking year, it's pretty laughable that you would put up those lame stats, mensa.

Btw, you LOST. Get over it, AGAIN, bitch.

RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Btw, where the fuck is Toddowen?

You Yankme fans don't believe that fucktard wouldn't be here if "your" team would have won game 4?

Shit, dude would just happen to be embarking off the "fishing boat," all primed for Game 5 and shit. Are you kidding me? :lol:
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

What was it they said on SportsCenter, earlier?

Something about the Yankees' payroll, since they last won a championship. Something about being able to buy a new stadium for the Redskins or the Cowboys ... something about a Billion (with a B) dollars?

Talk to me, Losers ...

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

:shock: :shock:

Good christ.....RACK Radiofan

:lol:
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

JCT wrote:Funny how you just appeared in here only after the Yanks lost.
Not really.

What does 100+ million buy you?

For me, it's pretty simple ---> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EAD, Yankee Fan

EAD, ESPN & FOX

Not necessarily in that order, either.

Awwwww, so sworry. :cry: :cry:

RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Oh, and Yankme Fan, save it.

Save your last, desperate, pathetic argument about how "it's bad for baseball" if the Yankmees aren't in the playoffs.

It's good for baseball that they aren't.

Sincerely,

America

Now we can actually watch baseball, without having to hear Thurston Howell III in the background.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

RadioFan wrote:Cry me a fucking river, Yankme Fan. You deserve every single moment of this pain, as long as you have Al, errr, George, as an owner, bandwaggoning, spoiled faggots.

... sniffle sniffle sniffle

With all due respect, RF, you don't get it.

Every self-respecting Yankee fan hates Steinbrenner with a fucking passion. I hate him far, far, FAR, FAR worse than you could ever comprehend.

He has single-handedly ruined the single greatest franchise in American sports. It's not a coincidence that the longest drought without a World Series title in Yankees history (from 1978-1996) occurred entirely on his watch. Period, end of discussion.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

RF, you're a fucking tool. As Terry said, self respecting Yankee fans can't stand George. For me it's a love hate relationship. I love the fact that he wants to win and will do everything he can to try and obtain that goal. The hate part is looking back from 1996-2000 and seeing a roster mostly of home grown talent. In the last 6 years he has gone back to his free spending that got him nowhere during the 80's and early 90's. Yankee fan is congratulating the Tigers because they are the better team. Yankee fan is hoping Steinbrenner uplls his head out of his ass and realizes that he doesn't need to buy a championship and if he goes back to what got him success a few years ago he'll be more successful. Instead of spending money on cancers like E-Rod, Unit, Sheff, K. Brown and stiffs like Farnsworth, Pavano, Wright etc....develp the farm system, and bring those guys up when they're needed.
You rant and rave about the same shit that we Yankee fans have been bitching about for years so your words and deep jealousy of the Yanks blows away like a dust ball in the wind.
Let's just say you're the head of a company and you need to be successful. What the hell are you going to do? Hire guys who are not as good or hire those that you think will get you to the next level? That's all that George is doing. Whether or not you agree with it, he's doing what he's allowed to do. Bitch to MLB not Yankee fan. It's been proven that money doesn't buy championships so from where you're sitting all George is doing is spending money to get nowhere. Why does that make you so bitter?
As far as bandwagoners.....Most of the guys in here are life long fans. I've been a fan since I knew what a baseball was. My grandfather worked in Yankee stadium so take your bandwagoning bullshit and shove it right where your head is right now.
BTW, I'd love to see a rematch of the 84 series.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

:lol:

I find it extremely hilarious that EVERY time and I mean EVERY time a big name free agent comes up, or a big name is mentioned on the trading block the media AND Yankee fans pound on their entitlement buzzers faster than a hen pecks a fresh pile of corn. And then claim the opposite when it backfires.........again.

Priceless

So, where will Zito be playing next year? Where is Soriano rumored to be going next year?

Save the crap, Yankfan. It ain't being bought nearly as fast your next high priced underachieving free agent will be.

None of this btw, is directed at Jeter. Dude deserves every prop he's ever received.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

rozy wrote: Where is Soriano rumored to be going next year?
Where did Soriano begin his career? Just sayin'.

Btw, as far as A-Rod goes, I'm not on the hate A-Rod bandwagon. He disappointed this year, but that happens from time to time and imho, he's too good a player not to be back. My main gripe about A-Rod was that we gave up too much to get him (Soriano; by contrast, my suggestion one year earlier had been Boone, Weaver and Williams).
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Yeah, I understand the A-Rod comments. But I am with the Yankee majority on that one. Why? Because I watched Biggio and Bagwell tear up the first 6 innings for 15 years, while the great players get it done when it matters. There is something to be said for the Paul O'Neills, A.J. Pierzynskis, and Jeff Kents of the world. Stone cold assholes who leave EVERYTHING on the field for the purpose of winning rather than looking pretty or appearing professional.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

rozy. et al.....let's take a look at your team....you're a fan who puts out tons of jack to see them play. In fact the most reasonablally priced entertaiment thing still costs a lot of money....so you put out your hard earned dollar and what do you get? An average team who's waiting for their potential to realize itself. Look no further than the Angels....tons of top minor league prospects. They didn't trade any of them to get a bat to protect Vlad, nor did they go out and get a pitcher. Fans in LA are upset they didn't spend the money. Meanwhile those same fans rip the Yankees for spending the money. I was recently working a high school football game on radio and we were talking about the playoffs. I mentioned I was a Yankee fan and the PA announder starts in about how they buy their championships. Well I mentioned they spent big money on free agents like Derek Lowe, Nomar, Brad Penny, Kenny Lofton, Jeff Kent, Rafael Furcal etc.....I guess it's ok for other teams to try and do what the Yankees do, but when the Yankees lose everyone is happy because it's like their the only ones who spend money on free agents. Well who doesn't? The Yanks spend a lot and I for one would like to see them develop more of their farm system. Guys like Jeter, williams, Rivera, Posada, etc..are true Yankees. They do miss the grit of an O'Neil and Brosius and that's what big time FA's like Sheff, and A-Rod don't bring to the table. They haven't been brough up in that environment, that system...they just don't know what it's like to be a Yankee. they just put on the uniform and collect their money because George offered them more than someone else....and BTW for all the haters out there.....and I'm sure you all know it....A-Rod was acquired in a trade and they gave away a hell of a player in Soriano to get him. For the record, I'd rather have Soriano.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

rozy wrote: I find it extremely hilarious that EVERY time and I mean EVERY time a big name free agent comes up, or a big name is mentioned on the trading block the media AND Yankee fans pound on their entitlement buzzers faster than a hen pecks a fresh pile of corn. And then claim the opposite when it backfires.........again.
RACK it.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Laxplayer wrote:RF, you're a fucking tool. As Terry said, self respecting Yankee fans can't stand George. For me it's a love hate relationship. I love the fact that he wants to win and will do everything he can to try and obtain that goal. The hate part is looking back from 1996-2000 and seeing a roster mostly of home grown talent. In the last 6 years he has gone back to his free spending that got him nowhere during the 80's and early 90's. Yankee fan is congratulating the Tigers because they are the better team. Yankee fan is hoping Steinbrenner uplls his head out of his ass and realizes that he doesn't need to buy a championship and if he goes back to what got him success a few years ago he'll be more successful. Instead of spending money on cancers like E-Rod, Unit, Sheff, K. Brown and stiffs like Farnsworth, Pavano, Wright etc....develp the farm system, and bring those guys up when they're needed.
Lax, I don't disagree at all with what you're saying here. The problem is that the Yankees' farm system, right now, is a complete and absolute mess. You might not be aware of that, living in California, but as for me, living near both Rochester and Buffalo, both the Red Wings and the Bisons play in the same league with the Yankees' top farm team, the Columbus Clippers. They were absolutely awful this past year, in fact, I think they had the worst record in the entire International League.

You're right about the late 90's vintage Yankees being mostly home-grown talent, but there was also a smattering of players who came in from other organizations and made invaluable contributions to that run, guys like Paul O'Neill, Scott Brosius, Tino Martinez and Roger Clemens. Of course, with the exception of Clemens, none of those guys was really an eye-popping, jaw-dropping acquisition, but they were guys who knew their role and did it well, and did it best at crunch time, even though none of the first three will ever be in the Hall of Fame.

Finding the guys who will be the right fit for your team is the key. In fairness, though, these guys had a huge advantage over A-Rod. O'Neill got there before the Yankees were a fixture in the postseason, so he had time to grow accustomed to being a Yankee out of the spotlight, so to speak. Brosius came from the A's, who themselves were postseason mainstays at the same time. A-Rod, by contrast, had very little postseason experience before coming to the Yankees, and was thrust into the spotlight immediately.

Right now the Yankees have a choice. They can stay the course, which will pretty much guarantee status quo results as far as the eye can see. Or they can revamp from the bottom up. That's the better long-term solution, but it could mean some 90-100 loss seasons in the short term. Are we prepared to pay that price?
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

rozy wrote:None of this btw, is directed at Jeter. Dude deserves every prop he's ever received.
I couldn't agree with this more.

And TiC, Lax, JCT ... if it makes you guys feel any better, I gave as much shit-to my real-life friends who cheer for the Yanks as I've ranted and goaded you all in here.

It's not so much that I can't stand N.Y., it's the fact of this ...
rozy wrote:EVERY time and I mean EVERY time a big name free agent comes up, or a big name is mentioned on the trading block the media AND Yankee fans pound on their entitlement buzzers faster than a hen pecks a fresh pile of corn. And then claim the opposite when it backfires.........again.
But mainly it's the nonstop worshipping by ESPN and Fox (especially the latter).

And until there is a revenue sharing and/or a salary cap, ala the NFL or the NBA, MLB will continue to be a complete joke as far as "competitiveness," with only a handful of teams having any realistic chance of winning a championship, year after year, and teams with the highest payrolls always having a "fighting chance" (what a farce) if not making the playoffs, year in and year out.

With all due respect, TiC -- when it comes to the spirit of fairness, the MLB and their vast numbers of apologists in the media, and in the owners' boxes are the ones who "just don't get it."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

A team's payroll isn't necessarily commensurate with how much money they actually have to spend. I'm not saying there are owners necessarily with Steinbrenner money, but there are certainly owners who have immense wealth, like a Carl Pohlad, who choose not to spend more than they absolutely feel they have to. And Pohlad fields competitive, playoff teams in Minnesota, so his apprehensive spending "strategies," seem to be working for him. It's certainly not all about money. Blaming Steinbrenner for simply taking advantage of what's a faulty system to begin with, all the while staying within the policies of what's allowed and legal doesn't make much sense at all. All this frustration you have pent up should be more geared towards MLB's union, and the worthless "alternative" that is the luxury tax. Don't hate George because he's spending his money how he sees fit.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

I agree with a lot of that, Mgo.

It may not be all about money, but it is vastly moreso for the small markets. In that respect, I am entirely biased, being a diehard San Antonio Spurs and KC Chiefs fan. Only, in the NBA and the NFL, there is at least a level playing field, so to speak.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:All this frustration you have pent up should be more geared towards MLB's union, and the worthless "alternative" that is the luxury tax. Don't hate George because he's spending his money how he sees fit.
Nah, not so much "frustration" as mocking, on my part. And I don't hate George. He's a grade-A, power-hungry tard whose arguably fucked up the MLB big-time and deserves to be laughed at, but I don't "hate" him.

Now the Yankee fans that love him, on the other hand ... I do hate them. How meaningful can a championship possibly be anyway, when you've got the biggest wallet and no strings attached? Unless, of course, you're an arrogant, spoiled fan or a bandwaggoner, of which N.Y. has more than their fair share, no thanks to MLB's system and Fox lapping it up.

Fucking up in the playoffs, under those circumstances on the other hand, is pretty priceless for the rest of us.

And you're right, it's the system of MLB that's fucked up. I don't know enough of the history with the luxury tax, but I do believe that George and a lot of other owners are against changing it, correct?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Radio Fan wrote:Now the Yankee fans that love him, on the other hand ... I do hate them.
Did you not read what I posted earlier? Most Yankee fans hate Steinbrenner, and consider him the ruination of the franchise.
RadioFan wrote:And you're right, it's the system of MLB that's fucked up. I don't know enough of the history with the luxury tax, but I do believe that George and a lot of other owners are against changing it, correct?
IIRC, the luxury tax was something of a compromise between the small-market owners, who wanted a hard cap, and the Yankees, Red Sox and a few other big-market teams, who wanted no restrictions at all.

In a perfect world for George, he'd get rid of the luxury tax. But he won't get rid of it if a hard cap comes in its place.

And since I mentioned the Red Sox, that brings up this point . . .
Radio Fan wrote:Fucking up in the playoffs, under those circumstances on the other hand, is pretty priceless for the rest of us.
What I don't get, and never will, is somebody in your situation propping the Red Sox.

Yes, the Red Sox are the Yankees biggest rivals, and perhaps this is the most passionate rivalry in all of professional sports. Yes, the two teams couldn't be more different in style, personality, and history, at least pre-2004. Yes, the unbalanced schedule means that the Red Sox face the Yankees more often than any other team outside the AL East. And yes, the Red Sox' position viz. the Yankees will forever cast them in the role of underdogs. But, having said all of that (and this part is very important), the front offices of these two teams employ a nearly identical approach to building their team.

The Red Sox' approach to building their franchise has much more in common with the Yankees than with any small-market team (recall that before the Yankees dealt for A-Rod, the Red Sox tried to put together a deal for him). The fact that, from an historical standopint, they've had even less success with that approach than the Yankees have had should not, for someone in your position, make them loveable underdogs; if anything, it should make them more worthy of contempt than the Yankees. Once someone in your position starts propping the Red Sox at the expense of the Yankees, you've crossed the line between a critical analysis of the Yankees' impact on MLB, on the one hand, and Yankee hating for the sake of Yankee hating, on the other. Plain and simple.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RadioFan wrote:The Loyal, NYY Fan's attention to "baseball," now that his team is DONE.

I watched every single pitch of the Tigers/A's last night.

You?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

RadioFan wrote:You know the producers of FOX are totally PISSED, because they lost about more than half their bandwagoning audience.
Another thing I don't get: because I'm a Yankee fan, I'm labeled a bandwagoner.

Lessee here, I was born in November 1964. Here's a breakdown of the Yankees' world championships before and after I was born:

Before: 20 World Series championships in 61 years 1903-64 (World Series began in 1903, no World Series in 1904). One World Series championship every 3.05 years.
After: 6 World Series championships in 41 years 1965-2006 (no World Series in 1994). One World Series championship every 6.83 years.

Two questions arise from this comparison:

1. Why on earth would you actually think I like George, given his utterly abysmal track record (he's owned the Yankees for almost my entire lifetime, I was a little kid when he bought them)?

2. Why on earth would you call me a bandwaggoner when I root for a team which, by any objective standpoint, was actually more successful before I was born than it has been in my lifetime? In that regard, that's sort of like calling a Green Bay Packer, Chicago Bear, Notre Dame or Boston Celtic fan a bandwaggoner. Just sayin'.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Terry, I too was born in Nov of 1964. My grandfather worked in Yankee Stadium for 10 years through the 40's and 50's. My mother went to games with him and still has just about every original newspaper clipping from The Mick's career. I've been a fan ever since birth and struggled through the early 70's with guys like Horace Clark....Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich swapping wives...then there were the championships in the 70's and a huge dry spell after when George spent gazillions of dollars for garbage.......now we're labled bandwagon fans....AMAZING.............
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Holy shit, but Rack! this thread.

This is something that you won't see often, but rack the fuck out of Radio Fan.
Terry in Crapchester wrote: Why on earth would you call me a bandwaggoner when I root for a team which, by any objective standpoint, was actually more successful before I was born than it has been in my lifetime?
Simple.

You're a bandwagoner who has a grandfather clause in his pedigree.... the ULTIMATE bandwagoner.

Which accounts for about 90% of alleged Yankee fans.

Just spread your ass cheeks wide and wait for the money shot, Yank me bitches. That's what you have coming, so you might as well lay back and enjoy it.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Another thing I don't get: because I'm a Yankee fan, I'm labeled a bandwagoner.
No, Terry, I wasn't saying you nor many of the N.Y. fans on this board was such, not at all. I was referring to the multitude of tards that have absolutely no affiliation to the state of N.Y., nor NYC nor even baseball who "cheer" for N.Y., simply because they feel the need to latch on to a winner.

I feel the same way about the multitude of necks who pack Memorial Stadium in Norman on Saturdays and live and die by OU football even though they have nor will ever have any affiliation with the university whatsoever.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

RadioFan wrote:You know the producers of FOX are totally PISSED
To wit:
Tim McCarver, all of a sudden, with Joe Buck calling the NLCS wrote:The last time the Mets lost this late in a game, was to the New York Yankees.
Joe Buck wrote:It's shocking.

Good God.

Bwaaaaaaaah!
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Can't...stop...laughing....

You know what the biggest bandwagon in all of sports is?

The Yankee-hating bandwagon. This is FACT.

I even know people who don't watch a game all season, then all of a sudden, once October hits(October hits? What's that? Sin,A-Rod), are suddenly huge fans of whoever is playing the Yankees. Go watch a game in a sports bar, and it's the same story, over and over.

Well heck, let's see -- we have a guy who didn't post in this forum since very early in the season, who all of a sudden stopped by to claim some sort of BODE because the Yankees lost.

BY FAR the most eggregious, lamest, most flagrant example of bandwagoning you'll ever see. Yet, these same tards are always the first to point fingers and scream "bandwagoner!" like a bad outtake from Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Funny, yet absolutely pathetic.

I've never in my years on these boards EVER seen one person suddenly start rooting for the Yanks because they were the favorites. The Yanks fans here are pretty well known, and have been the same bunch since I can remember, more or less. But look how many "Angels fans" (BWAHAHAHA...hard to type that with a striaght face) came out of the woodwork when they played the Yanks. Look how many fans of other teams suddenly appeared...after they were scheduled to play the Yanks in the postseason.

For goodness' fucking sake, shut the living fuck up with the "bandwagoner" shit -- it makes you sound like the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

Buncha fucking bandwagoners.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Dinsdale wrote:Can't...stop...laughing....

You know what the biggest bandwagon in all of sports is?

The Yankee-hating bandwagon.
Shut your meat missile launch pads, dickhole-the rest of the world is too busy laughing heartily at you pathetically inept dumbfucks to concentrate on any type of hatred toward them.

Also, good to see one of the many diehards from or around New York chiming in with thier worthless fucking take.........

Bitch.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote: I've never in my years on these boards EVER seen one person suddenly start rooting for the Yanks because they were the favorites.
That's because the Yanks haven't won it all since 2000, and "these boards" history doesn't go back much further than that.

As a lilelong Royals fan, I have every right to hate the Yankees after losing to those fuckers in the 1976, 1977, and 1978 ALCS. I was in High School then, and that ripped my heart out. When we finally got over those bastards in 1980 was like nirvana, but it will never erase the painful memories of those earlier series.

Hate them I will until my deathbed and that ain't no bandwagoning.

At least the playing field was level back then.

These days the Yanks can't buy that 27th WS with a $200 mil payroll, and I find that comforting.