It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

WTF, is that all you got?
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sky wrote:WTF, is that all you got?
It's a live action game. He didn't have enough time to swipe a take from someone else.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Rack the Roaster tonight.

Nails.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

No kidding, I love to see him succeed. Randy did not look sharp tonight and I question Torre's decision to play him with a bad back (or whatever the injury is).
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Racer X
Curmudgeon

Re: A-Rod got FUCKED

Post by Racer X »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:....on that blown safe call at third in the 2nd inning- he CLEARLY tagged Pudge Rodriguez OUT!

That's ok. They just made up for it by giving Jeter a free walk.
The Roaster was extra crispy after that one.

Yankees suck.
old,old,old school #33
organized religion is a cancer.
I am THE infidel, coo coo ca choo!
GO TIGERS!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sky wrote:No kidding, I love to see him succeed.
Cool.

Is it his foul attitude towards the fans, his abusive nature towards the media, or the demeanor that's got him blanket-partied in the clubhouse that won you over?

Truly one of MLB's "bad guys."

But it looks good on you, though.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Dinsdale wrote:
Sky wrote:No kidding, I love to see him succeed.
Cool.

Is it his foul attitude towards the fans, his abusive nature towards the media, or the demeanor that's got him blanket-partied in the clubhouse that won you over?

Truly one of MLB's "bad guys."

But it looks good on you, though.
It must be nice to have never had a bad day huh dins?

Rack the fuck out of "The Gambler". He's been through a lot of tough times in his career, and more notably in the post season. He sacked up and shut down the greatest team money could buy tonight. Good for Rogers, he's actually a helluva guy...says they guy who has buddies that know him, as opposed to the know-it-all prick who knows less about the life of an athlete than JTR.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote: It must be nice to have never had a bad day huh dins?

Tard, PUH-LEEZ.

Everyone has a "bad day" every now and then.

Having them overandoverandoverandoverandover in the course of almost 20 years no longer makes it having a bad day," it makes it a "pattern."

Gee, a guy who makes millions and millions and millions of dollars a year has hangers-on who say he's a "swell guy?"

Well, color me shocked. Adolf Hitler's boyz thought he was pretty fly, too.

Oh, let me guess...you were a HUGE Gambler fan before he went to Detroit and helped the team you root for have a banner year, right? I'm SURE you were saying "he's a swell guy" when he was decking cameramen, getting tossed from clubhouses, and being universally hated by every ex-teammate he ever had.

Yeah, sell THAT story, buddy.

You know what, I'm not even going to debate this with you -- because A) I wouldn't be able to keep from laughing, and B) frankly, there IS no debate, except in your homeresque delusions. A 20-year track record speaks quite a bit louder than any feeble defense for the guy you might come up with...

Unless of course, you care to link me up with that thread you started after the Tigers got Rogers...you know, that one thread where you mentioned that Kenny boy was a "swell guy," "a really solid clubhouse guy," and all that other glowing praise you gave him when he went to your team.

Dude, seriously -- that was a straight-up stupid fucking post. Just because a guy helps your team get to the postseason, it doesn't qualify him as a "good guy"...and that's really the only criteria you're basing this on, since any other "evidence" you care to present will result in fits of gut-busting laughter from...oh, say...every fucking person on the planet who's followed MLB over the last 15 years.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Just show me the repeated incidents.

We all know he fucked up last year. I really don't remember a long history of off the field problems. I'm no Ranger fan, so I haven't followed him much. I was a bit apprehensive when he signed, but mostly because of his age and his tendancy to lose effectiveness in the second halves of seasons. I only know of the camera man incident, I'm sure from the far reaches of the pacific NW you have all the insight though.

Point of fact...Rogers has been a GREAT clubhouse guy this year. He has taken a young staff under his wing and taught them how to win. He has been the most consistent pitcher on the best staff in baseball.

Rack Kenny!!

http://freep.typepad.com/tigers_live/20 ... peaks.html

October 07, 2006
Rogers bares his soul
DETROIT -- For Kenny Rogers, his stunning victory over the New York Yankees Friday night before a raving mob of Tiger fans seemed to be an enormous unloading of psychological baggage.

After the crowd had left, Rogers, 41, talked for a long time about the game, and words like "failure" and "doubt" kept coming up.

Rogers has plenty of accomplishments in his long major-league career. He is a four-time All Star. He won 17 games this year. He is only the 26th lefthanded pitcher in major league history to reach the 200 career victory mark.

But he had never defeated the Yankees in the post season, and he had underachieved while pitching for both New York teams in the 1990s. He had never won a game in he playoffs.

Tiger manager Jim Leyland said Rogers was nothing like the player who pitched for the Yankees, adding that he was about as determined Friday night as any pitcher will ever be.

"You could see the fire at the end," said Yankee manager Joe Torre.

"This is probably the one of the wins I'm never going to forget," Rogers said after the game in a voice that almost seemed on the verge of breaking at times. "I think I know that was something I hadn't done. I had not beaten them; for sure, if I was going to look for a worse match-up for me, this was it, because they had done very well in the past, for sure."

He was wrapped with huge bandages that held ice on his shoulder and arm. His son, Trevor, 9, and daughter Jessica, 12, watched their father talk to reporters. Jessica took a few photos of her dad, and appeared to be listening intently, even if she might not have understood the adult emotions Rogers was trying to discuss in a somewhat halting manner.

Speaking of the Yankees, Rogers said he might have been too passive and cautious in the past.

"I just tried to make adjustments from what I used to do. I tried to show them another guy. They'd shown they could wear out the other guy," he said.

Rogers pitched 7 2/3 innings, gave up no runs, only five hits, and struck out 8, as the Tigers beat the Yankees, 6-0, giving them a 2-1 lead in the best-of-five series.

Rogers said he wanted the win tonight for himself, his team and his family. "I believe in myself out there," he said. "Whether anyone else believed I could go out there."

He was asked where the resolve had come from.

"Well, Maybe from failing so much," he replied. "And, you know, I'm not afraid to fail. Maybe I've proven that by going out there and failing enough. But I'm still here for a reason. That's because I like the challenge. I know I'm 40-something and don't have a whole lot of talent anyways, but I do believe in myself when I get out there, and I believe I can make pitches."

He said he didn't believe in vindication, but said when he was in New York, whether fans there believed it or not, "I gave them everything I had."

He added: "From my time being there, I don't understand New York as much as some other people, but I would think that they would appreciate the effort people give," even if it wasn't always the results they expected.

"Playing there for those years really made me a better pitcher, a better player by far, and I think that's what New York would probably be proud of...They made me better."

He concluded: "One of my wishes would probably be that they would appreciate that."

By BILL McGRAW

Posted at 12:34 AM | Permalink
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Even on replay, it looked close. A-Rod was very lazy with the tag. The throw beat Pudge to the bag but he slid and got a low as possible and at a couple angles, it appears his hand touched the base before the tag was applied. Umps generally will just call the runner out when the throw beats them to the bag and they won't be called safe even if the fielder doesn't actually tag them before they get to the base.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Fuck Kenny Rogers, I've hated him since he gas canned up 5 runs in 2 innings in '96 series. He was a whiny cunt then and in '97 when he melted down all season long and won 6 fucking games with his 5 1/2 era. Torre ended up sending the prick to the bullpen and left his sorry ass off the postseason roster. Then he got shipped to Oak for cash and Scott Brosius (Best trade ever). Then he gets traded to the Mets and he gas cans up 11 hits and 7 walks in 7 innings including a bases loaded walk to the Braves in the '99 NLCS. All of New York hates his ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

All of New York hates his ass.
I'm sure he's real bummed about that.

Sin,

6-0 beatdown
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

DETROIT (AP) -- Now, he's 8-Rod.

Alex Rodriguez, 1-for-11 with no RBIs in the AL playoffs and stuck in a prolonged October slump, was dropped to the eighth spot in New York's batting order on Saturday as the Yankees tried to avoid being eliminated by the Detroit Tigers.

"There's tension in this clubhouse. We've worked too hard this year to go home like this," said Rodriguez, who hit cleanup in Friday's 6-0 loss after batting sixth in Games 1 and 2.

on that blown safe call at third in the 2nd inning- he CLEARLY tagged Pudge Rodriguez OUT!
I didn't think so... it looked to me like Pudge got his hand on the bag. The crappy announcer, Joe Morgan, seemed to jumped to a decision on this play before viewing the replay. It was close but I thought Pudge's hand hit the bag...

either way... A-Rod will make more than twice I-Rod's salary.

as far as I-Rod, he should be getting alot of credit for the success of Detroit's pitching success and I don't think he does.

GO TIGERS!!!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

8th? Torre is clearly overreacting...he's got the best lineup in the game and they aren't going to get any better when you keep shuffling the lineup. Are they actually afraid of the lil' ol' Tigers? :wink:

Give 'em hell, Bondo!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

As long as we're on the subject of bad calls at third base...what about that terrible foul call on the hit by Polanco. Chalk flew off the line after it hit and somehow both umps missed it. Just sayin'...

Advantage for the pitchers with the shadows...maybe not.

Home run, Magglio! 8)
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

.103 average the last 2 post seasons....A-Rod fucked A-Rod.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

When I lived in Dallas for 6 years, Rogers was there for part of it. The Ticket, the local sports talk show, had a couple of guys who were by far the best fans of the Rangers I've ever heard. They were Rangers fans from the beginning. They do the post game shows for the Rangers.

All that being said, they have more disdain for Kenny Rogers than any player on other teams. They ALWAYS ranted on how much of an asshole he is. Take that for what it is worth. Rhines and Greggo say it is so...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyF, remember that (I think) this was the same guy who told us what a great guy Rasheed Wallace was...once he came and played for his rooting interest.(That was him, right?)

If Saddam Hussein were to lead the Lions to a winning season, Stevie would be on his sac, and probably talking about how "good in the community" he was.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

the roaster is one of the biggest pieces of shit in sports. his shining moment was not shaking down the cameraman in arlington, but staring down and threatening the photographer who was shooting him while getting booked for assaulting the cameraman in arlington.

dude was nails the other night, but let's not cloud the facts: dude is a grade A asshole.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Who was doubting he's an asshole?

Fuck, most millionaires are assholes. Regardless of what they do for a living.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

A-Rod got FUCKED
If you wear purple lipstick, odds are you are going to get fucked!!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

[quote="Dinsdale"]IndyF, remember that (I think) this was the same guy who told us what a great guy Rasheed Wallace was...once he came and played for his rooting interest.(That was him, right?)

If Saddam Hussein were to lead the Lions to a winning season, Stevie would be on his sac, and probably talking about how "good in the community" he was.[/quote]

This is a true statement. I'd give him a key to the city, but he's already got one.

Hate on KR all you want. After 19 straight losing seasons I'll take his 18 wins and a spot in the ALCS. Malcontent or not...not saying he is...I can only remember the one incident.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah, the whole angle of "he's a big ol' meany" doesn't work too well when the guy just blanked the Yanks, and helped put a historically losing team into the ALCS.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

exactly.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I don't think anyone has said that he wasn't a good pitcher. Just an asshole.

He can play on my team any day. I don't give a fuck if he hates puppies and kids. If he can pitch or hit, sign him up.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cry about King George all you like -- but George don't have assholes on his team, regardless how well they play. If you're a bitch, you're gone.

A good example would be...hmmm....

Kenny Fucking Rogers.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:George don't have assholes on his team, regardless how well they play. If you're a bitch, you're gone.
Uh huh.

Sin,

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And Unit was in front of cameras apologizing within hours.

Kenny Rogers...gone.

Cecil...gone.

Countless assholes...gone.

Name one public act of assholeness that Unit engaged in since his initial cameraman incident?

That's the difference between the Yanks and the shit-organizations(and anyone who doesn't put the Tigers in that category is in deep denial) -- George doesn't care how good you are...if you a-hole it up, you're gone...period.

And because of this, I don't see Abreau sticking around for the long-term...but we'll see.

Whereas shit teams like the Tigers would prop up a pedophile, if he helped them get over on the Yankees.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Dinsdale wrote: About $150 million.

That's the difference between the Yanks and the shit-organizations

fixed that for ya, big guy
why is my neighborhood on fire
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Dinsdale wrote:Name one public act of assholeness that Unit engaged in since his initial cameraman incident?
Was the daughter thing before, or after suiting up in New York?

And give me a fucking break. This is the same guy (Steinbrenner) who hired and fired Billy Martin more times than you can count. And he signed Ricky Henderson. And Dave Winfield. And Paul O'Neil. And Reggie Jackson.

But you're right, George doesn't suffer assholes.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: About $150 million.

That's the difference between the Yanks and the shit-organizations

fixed that for ya, big guy
Ya'know, that whole "some teams put profit before winning, and some teams LIE to their fans to increase profit" argument is so played out, and your side has been disproven so many times, it's not worth bringing up.

Matter of fact, last time you decided to go down this road, I merely pointed out your complete inability to do simple multiplication (with the numbers YOU provided), and that was that.

But hey, at least the installed the luxury tax, so teams could take some of George's money...and put that in their bank account, too.

Yanks just broke the all-time attendance record. If Cardsfans are "the best fans in baseball" **must...not...post :rolleyes:**, then throw some more seats in your shithole, and fill them up.

Otherwise, shut up.

Pretty simple. The Cubs boast impressive attendance/TV numbers, but I don't see them winning every year.

And nevermind that when the Yanks are on the road, the home team enjoys their highest attendance of the year, thereby generating the most revenue of any of their games.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Dinsdale wrote:

That's the difference between the Yanks and the shit-organizations(and anyone who doesn't put the Tigers in that category is in deep denial)
I love the way the shit organization dominated, and humiliated the alleged best lineup ever assembled.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!