Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Pweeeese don go away ChawjahMikey
We wikes you.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

jiminphilly wrote: Why would the housing market suddenly pick up in the dead of winter for most of the North Eastern part of the US?
Contractors are getting ready for the spring and summer home building season.

For companies that provide equipment for home builders, March is the drop dead busiest month of the year.

Trust me on this one as someone who has worked in this industry for over 20 years.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

In all seriousality, though, we refinanced this year with an interest only loan and took out about $14,000 in equity to pay off all of our credit card debt.

I know that sounds pretty damn stupid, but here's the bottom line. We consolidated a large fixed rate loan and a fairly small HELOC with a higher interest rate into a somewhat larger fixed rate loan that's interest only for 10 years, and no closing costs. The loan is 5.5% fixed for 40 years, a rate that historically will probably never be beatable. Our monthly payment was killing us and we reduced it by about $1,000 by refinancing. Nothing to sneeze at there.

"Interest only" loans can be dangerous if you're financing the entire value of your home. If the your home value drops and your need to get out of it you're fucked. But our loan is only about 40% of our current value. Even if home prices drop by 50% we still won't be still won't be upside down on the loan, which is the main worry most of the "creative" loan programs. With the loan we have now we only pay interest, but we can also pay down the principal whenever we have extra cash. So basically we're saving $1,000 a month on payments by paying interest only, but we can put any part of that $1,000, or more, each month into the principal if we want to. Sometimes we do. But really, any money we put into the princpal is doing nothing at all. We're better off investing it, assuming the investment has a positive appreciation.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Yeah that's one aspect I'm glad 88 brought up. I look aroud here at people taking equity out of their homes and paying off credit card debt only to not change their spending habits. I see people not making a great living in modest homes with multiple new cars and SUV's. They are up to their necks in debt.

Isn't it timely the Chater 7 laws changed in recent past also? Defaults on loans seem to be a very big possibility.

BTW Scott, I did quite well in the stock market doing my own research and reading the Investors Business Daily. My biggest winner was this unknown company named CREE and made a bundle. Of course, a few years later Alan Greenspan talked of "irrational exuberance" and wiped not only the individual investor, but the institutional investors as well. The funny thing is, none of the media hacks on CNBC or anywhere else with the "pump and dump" guests knew anything about the short-term future either. Nobody knows. Lousi Ruekyser (sp?) usually has good insights on Friday evenings on PBS. I've seen one of his frequent panel quests really pump up WorldCom even after the stock dropped to about $2/share and she just flat out lied about it, or the insiders lied to her. This bitch is still on that show.

It's usually the smaller cap companies that come up with some new product that makes big leaps. Hell, I owned C for a long time and that stock barely moves. Might as well keep it in cash. What... ever...

Because the inevitable... no Dins, I'm not a market guru. Just an opinion.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Atomic Punk wrote: It's usually the smaller cap companies that come up with some new product that makes big leaps.
yep = And thats why I said the NASDAQ leads the markets.

The markets are driven by earnings and growth - and there's only so much growth a company with a 10 Billion market cap is gonna generate. Late in market cycles, money flows out of the small and mid caps into the big caps - just like it is now.

The Dow is making new highs - But the Naz is still 73 points (about 3%) behind it's April High.
This is divergence. Money coming out of the Naz beacuse it's "risky" and moving to safe large caps making new highs.

It's the same cycle that hit in the tech bust.

I'll make another call right now -

The Naz Comp is sitting at 2290 after today's run.
The 50 day moving avarage is 2222 and the 20 day is 2223.

By next Friday(or sooner) the Naz will be at or below 2222.

When it fails to hold the 50 day MA for a week is when you will start to see the drop.
Warnings season is here people - It started this week with MRVL - which fell hard (the reason I'm short semi's)

Unlike some spineless pussies ('sup JellyfishCal) I'll put it out there for scrutiny.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Are you basing this on the 50 day and 200 day moving averages? Citigroup doesn't move because there are so many outstanding shares. CREE moved because it didn't have that burden. Now that's just an example I'm using to make that point. You get where I'm coming from anyway.

Bottom line is that nobody really knows and can only watch the Fed and economic factors along with spotting new companies that have a potential for significant growth.

It's all ball bearings these days.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

You guys are all idiots.

The key is you gotta refinance the DOW at an APR of 6.8%. Once the fluids hit empty, you seize control of the negative gain, and buy on the high. If you've made it that far, you should invest in Legos.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

mvscal wrote:
A. The housing market is not "collapsing" or even close to it.
"Wall Street held its gains after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said a "substantial correction" in the housing market might weigh on the economy. He made the comments in a question and answer session following a speech at the Washington Economic Club that focused on savings and social security"

Sunstantial correction = collapse or play semantics if it makes you feel like less of a puss

B. Lower energy costs actually stimulates the market and does not depress it.
Like any sector that drops - Energy and commodities take a % of the market down with it.
Right now cheap oil is the only thing holding the Transports up. A good deal of wealth has been lost with the energy bubble.

Don't believe me? Read this: Amaranth Loses $6 Billion in Energy speculation
C. The economy is growing and growing at a fairly respectable clip taking into consideration the high energy costs earlier in the year.
U.S. Economy: Service Industries Growth Slowed (Update2)

By Bob Willis

Oct. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Service industries in the U.S. grew at the slowest pace in more than three years last month and a measure of inflation showed the biggest drop on record as the economy lost momentum heading into the fourth quarter.

The Institute for Supply Management's index of non- manufacturing businesses fell to 52.9 from 57 in August. Readings above 50 indicate expansion in industries including banking, retailing and construction that account for almost 90 percent of gross domestic product. The group's measure of prices declined to 56.7 from 72.4, the biggest slide since the survey began in 1997.

Housing and construction dragged the index lower, even as retailers, health care and finance firms reported an increase in activity. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at a record as some investors speculated the Federal Reserve will hold off on interest-rate increases and may reduce borrowing costs next year. Traders will turn their attention to scheduled remarks on the economy later today by Fed Vice Chairman Donald Kohn.

``Growth has downshifted to a slower pace that will hold inflation in check and keep the Fed on the sidelines for the rest of the year,'' said Chris Rupkey, senior financial economist at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. in New York. ``The real worry is whether business expectations for the outlook will continue to deteriorate further, and what this will mean for Fed policy next year.''

Factory Orders

A government report today on factory orders suggested that production is also easing. Orders were unchanged in August after a 1 percent decline in July, the Commerce Department said. Excluding the volatile transportation equipment category, orders fell 0.7 percent, the biggest decrease since February.

``There is very little doubt that the economy is slowing,'' said Steven Wood, president of Insight Economics LLC, a forecasting firm in Danville, California. ``However, it is still unclear just how sharply the economy is slowing, so the Fed will have to monitor the growth risks very closely.''

In a further sign of a slowing economy, ADP Employer Services said companies in the U.S. added 78,000 jobs in September, the fewest this year. The increase followed a 107,000 gain in August.

At the same time, the Mortgage Bankers Association said today applications for housing loans rose by the most since June of last year. The association's index of applications to buy a home or refinance an existing loan increased 11.9 percent to 633.9 last week. The level is the second-highest this year. Refinancing surged 17.5 percent, also the biggest rise since June 2005, and home purchases rose 7.6 percent last week.

Dow Closes at a Record

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 123 points, or 1 percent to close at an all-time high of 11850.61. A speech from Fed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke reaffirmed a view that policy makers are done raising interest rates.

The housing market is in the midst of a ``substantial correction'' that will lop about a percentage point off economic growth in the second half and remain a drag on expansion next year, he said after addressing the Economic Club of Washington.

The ISM index was expected to fall to 56, the median forecast in a Bloomberg News survey of 58 economists. The measure averaged 59.6 in the first half of the year.

The purchasing managers reported falling prices for nine commodities last month, compared with five in August. Fuels, including diesel, gasoline, heating oil and natural gas, dominated the list of declines. Service industries also reported lower labor costs for September.

New Orders

The group's gauge of new orders for U.S. non-manufacturing industries rose to 57.2 from 52.1 in August. The index of employment increased to 53.6 last month from 51.4.

``With new orders spiking upward as they did, as well as employment going up, that's a good upward movement,'' said Anthony Nieves, chairman of the survey and senior vice president for supply management at Hilton Equipment Corp. in Beverly Hills, California.

News wasn't all positive today for retailers. Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world's largest retailer, unexpectedly lowered its estimate for U.S. comparable-store sales growth in September after discovering mistakes in calculations at 235 locations.

Service industries are cooling in Europe as well. Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc's index fell to 56.7, a 10-month low, from 57.4 in August, the company said today in London.

In the U.S., economic growth has slowed with the end of the five-year housing boom, making it harder for consumers to borrow against the equity in their homes and making them feel less wealthy.

Second Half

The economy is forecast to grow at an average annual rate of 2.7 percent in the last half of this year, in line with the 2.6 percent pace registered in the second quarter, according to a Bloomberg survey of economists from Sept. 1 to Sept. 7. The economy grew at a 5.6 percent rate in the first quarter.

Home construction fell at an annual rate of 11.1 percent in the second quarter, the biggest decline since the same three months in 1995, the government said last week. The decrease has prompted builders to lower prices to drum up demand.

The weakness has resulted in smaller home equity gains, which homeowners had relied on the last several years as a source of cash. Homeowners extracted a net $497 billion at an annual rate from home equity in the second quarter, down from $649.2 billion in the first three months of the year, according to figures from Fed researcher James Kennedy.

Fed policy makers will keep interest rates unchanged for a third straight month when they meet on Oct. 24-25, according to trading in futures contracts tied to the federal funds rate. The Fed ended a two-year cycle of rate increases in August, keeping its benchmark rate at 5.25 percent.

Manufacturing is also slowing, according to another report this week from the Institute for Supply Management. The group's manufacturing index for September dropped to the lowest since May 2005 while still pointing to expansion.

To contact the reporter on this story: Bob Willis in Washington bwillis@bloomberg.net

Last Updated: October 4, 2006 16:16 EDT
D. Wealth is not "disappearing"
All the bagholders that got burned in 2000/01 - that wealth disappeared.
Amaranth lost 6 Billion on Energy speculation - That wealth disappeared.

Like I said, your a doddeling lemming headed off the cliff with the rest.

And your also spineless for not offering up one single investment that we can all track.

Why do you even bother to post further? - You have no credability.

Congrats for that Couch Cowboy.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Atomic Punk wrote:Are you basing this on the 50 day and 200 day moving averages
Moving averages are one of the tools for technical analysis.
In the case of the NASDAQ Comp I used - it is very Important
Citigroup doesn't move because there are so many outstanding shares.

[

I don't know if this will link: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui

C is healthy - though the upside growth is limited. Since Aug '05 it's made higher highs and higher lows.
If I were trading it - I'd try and sell close to 52 - then buy back when it falls in the channel 50 DMA 47.42
That would be the plan, barring anyway - barring anything crazy happening
CREE moved because it didn't have that burden. Now that's just an example I'm using to make that point. You get where I'm coming from anyway.

Looking at Cree chart: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui -

All indsite but if you owned early - you had to sell after that first drop in '05.
That's called breaking a stock - the up pattern was shattered so severly, that it will take a long time to get anywhere close

================

Shit the charts don't work in link
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I bought C and CREE in 2000. Sold CREE at one of its high points. You have to understand CREE was the master of the blue color thingy in the flat screen pixelio dealio-mabobby that made those TV's drop in price. I bought C back then for around $50.49. Take that and broker's commission... well 2 + 2 = No 'BODE.

I found a few others like JDSU, AMCC, and a few others when they were fresh. Got out when Greenspan opened his gloryhole on March 10th that dreadful year.

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Some of my heavier holdings. I have quite a few others that have less than 1000 that I play with, but these are the ones I am hanging my hat on.

Of course, I work closely with a financial advisor. He does the research, I sign my name on the trades. As you can see, I don't roll the dice much with the stock, except TXN. I got a shitload in there.

STOCK HOLDINGS
==============
TXN
MSFT
INTC

FUND HOLDINGS
=============
SENBX
NEWFX
AGTHX
ANEFX
CWGIX
RGAFX
ARTVX
VFINX
VEXPX
VSMGX
VBMFX
VWNFX
CGFAX
CIMAX
CSPCX
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

War Wagon wrote:
jiminphilly wrote: Why would the housing market suddenly pick up in the dead of winter for most of the North Eastern part of the US?
Contractors are getting ready for the spring and summer home building season.

For companies that provide equipment for home builders, March is the drop dead busiest month of the year.

Trust me on this one as someone who has worked in this industry for over 20 years.
Does your company sell to Toll Brothers?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Oil and Energy looks to be forming a bottom.

About to go long in OIH - Entry Target around 115

Frisco - check what I said earlier about technology and semi conductors (TXN included) leading the downside.
The people I trade along with are heavy short in that area as warning season is hitting the semis.

I don't know how much or what your entry point is,
but TXN is already down from where it came on my radar at 34 - at 31.66 now
I didn't short beacuse I was already heavy short in AMD, KLAC, ADI

If you have a good profit from your entry point, not a bad time to take it.

The 3 month low $28 IS IN PLAY (meaning likely to touch that point again soon)

Good Luck
Ruff
Elwood

Post by Ruff »

KCS what about using equity collars to hedge the risk in current long positions, as opposed to liquidating and incurring taxes?

Where are the pink sheet tips? You know, where the real $$$ is made? Or do you like debt swaps right now?

Do I need a trust account in Nassau? Should Meds prepare my K-1?

Why is there no High Roller forum up in this beyotch?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

No pink sheets, no pennies, no options

That's gambling ;)

I just ride the Waves Ruff - do your own thing and good luck to you.

===================

In the energy sector again - Looking at triple bottom right now.

Targeting XLE Long - along with OIH.

Target entry below 51
Ruff
Elwood

Post by Ruff »

All I need are some tasty waves and some cool buds and I'm fine.
A.C. Crut
Elwood

Post by A.C. Crut »

Slap a wave and ride it in.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Well, I have a lot of TXN in a 401k from when I was employed there. My "in" ranges from $5/share to $100/share. However, once I move it out, I cannot move it back in since I moved jobs.

I've considered rolling it into an IRA anyway and getting a little more diversivied in that area. My brokerhas been begging me to do it for a couple years. However, working there, I know they are going to hit it big with DLP and their sustained market share in the DSP product. I have a good 5 figures closer to 6 in there. It's smart anyway to move some around.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

What should I do with my 1889 $10 gold piece my great aunt left for me?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

RadioFan wrote:What should I do with my 1889 $10 gold piece my great aunt left for me?
Turn it into Monster Cables and hook up some righteous loudspeakers.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Mikey wrote:
RadioFan wrote:What should I do with my 1889 $10 gold piece my great aunt left for me?

Yo, you about to hook me up.

Church!

Actually, I was hoping for a serious debate on this subject, with charts and stuff.
Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

Mikey wrote:
Leave the cables laying around so some discouraged 3rd world punks in America will use them to hang themselves. Depressed music.

Trendy. For them anyway.
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Do you collect stamps also?

The phantorino
Elwood

Post by The phantorino »

Stamps or stomps?

Calling Albert!!
Luther Wrote:
a butt load of people who sit in those small cubicles pretending to work while submitting a "take."
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Apropos of nothing, anyone out there doing the torrent thing ought to check out The Man Who Broke Britain. It's, er...interesting.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

mvscal wrote:Yep. Any old minute now that market is gonna crash. Yes sir, it's going to be 1929 all over again. Panic in the streets. Chaos...pandemonium even.

~taps watch~
I Really hope your Buying, then.

Oil is still "on sale"
You should grab some OIH.

I'd also strongly recommend YOU buy some of the "beaten down" semiconductors and commodities.

Markets don't correct in one day.

Still Bearish here unless it breaks up and holds on significant volume.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote:I'd also strongly recommend YOU buy some of the "beaten down" semiconductors and commodities.
Oddly enough, that is exactly what the true professionals were saying about the stocks you shorted. On the other hand, it isn't really that odd at all.

You're clueless.
Well I made over $4,000 on AMD from 27.21 down to 23.11
And I made over $1,500 on ADI down from 31.69 to to 29.94

The only one That hasn't fallen is KLAC and it's getting ready to pull the rug out within the next week.

So who's clueless again?

But then I forgot that your the gutless coward that wouldn't even offer up a stock or sector would move up.

Maybe your saying Oil and Semi conductors are moving up now?

No - you won't put yourself out on a limb for anything.

What a pathetic, fearful little man you are.

Afraid of the Big Bad Message Board.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

NAZ will fall - But SMH has to go down first.

Still waiting for your predictions, Coward
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

The problem with the stock market is that all of the signs can be there for quite a while before anything actually happens. There has to be some sort of catalyst to set the whole thing off. Look at the sell off at the beginning of this decade. You had pundits saying that all of the signs were there for a severe correction as early as 1998!
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

My prediction is that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about
That's your prediction for everyone posting here.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:
My prediction is that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about
That's your prediction for everyone posting here.
There's a lot of it going around. I'm here to help.
:lol:

Rack you both.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I though Bab's statement that the Dow will never reach 10.000 because GW was elected more credible...

With a strong economy and low unemployment the influx of monthly Pension and Retirement Monies alone make a "crash" a weak bet at best.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

MVS still throwing rocks from the side.

Gee, color me surprised.

No balls to make his own call, though

The fact he thinks MRVL is a buy is something Beacuse we can track this.

We all know how smart analysts are, right? ;)
Let's Watch MRVL starting from Today, shall we?

It closed at 17.30 down .12 on a day most of the Semi's are up -

Bwa!

I wouldn't short MRVL at 17.30 beacuse there's not enough profit potential, but for just laughs lets see what MVS will make on his great call.

We are watching you, douchebag.

Let's see how you do.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Just to again prove your a clueless dumbfuck, I did a little digging on the Analyst recommendations:

From Sept. 7 - Marvel Stock Price Open $17.70

http://www.forbes.com/2006/09/07/semico ... r=yahootix
Market Scan
Worst Over For Semis: Analyst
Scott Reeves, 09.07.06, 8:05 AM

The worst of the semiconductor inventory correction is over, an analyst at Cowen and Company believes.

Seasonal demand is building in personal computers, handsets and liquid crystal display TVs. This should benefit Marvell Technology Group (nasdaq: MRVL - news - people ), Broadcom (nasdaq: BRCM - news - people ), Sirf Technology Holdings (nasdaq: SIRF - news - people ) and PMC-Sierra (nasdaq: PMCS - news - people ).

"Given that inventory correction is progressing well and our anticipation of a cyclical recovery in 2007, we are very constructive on the communication semiconductor group," Jim Liang, an analyst at Cowen and Company, said in a recent research report.

After this "upgrade" MRVL made it back to $20.10 on Sept. 29
and then fell back under the open price of $17.70 (the day this recommendation was published)

=======================================================

June 6 - MRVL Open price 49.33

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/funds/l ... &cm_ite=NA
On Semiconductor: The only semi outfit that Cramer says is going to have better-than-expected earnings is Marvell, and he still doesn't want to buy that.

Cramer isn't an analyst, but many of the Sheep that watch his show follow his advice.
His "don't buy" is tatamount to a hold recommendation.
Those that would have held would have seen their investment fall by over 60%
Baaahh MVS. Baaah.

===========================================================================

Just to round out the resaerch, I checked the analyst summary at Yahoo: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ao?s=MRVL

Funny, but the only other recent anaylst calls have both been downgrades:

UPGRADES & DOWNGRADES HISTORY
Date Research Firm Action From To
18-Aug-06 Global Crown Capital Downgrade Overweight Neutral
28-Jun-06 Friedman Billings Downgrade Outperform Mkt Perform

19-May-06 Kaufman Bros Upgrade Hold Buy
19-May-06 BWS Financial Upgrade Buy Strong Buy
17-May-06 Morgan Keegan Upgrade Mkt Perform Outperform
9-May-06 UBS Upgrade Neutral Buy
5-May-06 Morgan Stanley Initiated Overweight
7-Apr-06 Deutsche Securities Upgrade Hold Buy
21-Mar-06 Kaufman Bros Initiated Hold
29-Nov-05 Morgan Keegan Initiated Mkt Perform

===========================================================================

So what does this teach us?

That you are a dumbfuck that doesn't even bother to check his "research" before he throws it to the wall.

But just to keep the proverbial dick shoved up your ass, I'll continue to update MRVL since it's the closest thing to a call your spineless ass will make.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott F. Hutton,

Please give us a D-DAY.

By what date can we expect this market crash to occur .... ?

Within one week, four weeks, 4 months, a year .... ?

I just need to know when one of y'all can REALLY claim 'bode.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

If anybody is interested, this chart is a "forecast" of what the Nasdaq "should" do in the upcoming year.

It is based on the Technical Anaysis of trends of this bull market from it's beginning in Oct. 2002

It predicts a drop of the Naz below 2,300 in the week to 10 days - after that fall a new high arond 2445 to be set in mid November. After that a 12 month correction that will take the Naz to the 1350 level by Nov. 2007

The Trader who made this particular chart has made correct calls on the Naz bottom this summer, The Oil top and a top in silver over the last 5 months.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
I just need to know when one of y'all can REALLY claim 'bode.
No claiming of 'Bode, even if / when it does drop.

I'm past the ego stage of showing up tards like MVnoSpine and just wanted to give a heads up to some people on here who watch the markets.

If I'm right, then maybe I help a couple of people not get creamed if this does come to pass.
If I'm wrong, then they miss out on a few % up and can buy back in.
for that to happen though, this market needs to keep going back up, on volume, and back into the channel it fell from.

For whatever it's worth, it's just advice from some faceless dude out here in cyberspace
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

This chart shows the short term trendline Naz is trying to get back into since Oct. '05

This is a rising wedge and is considered a bearish trend.

Notice the top of this trendline is around 2245 - same as the point called in the other chart for the Naz to make it's initial correction.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Scott,
as a tech geek kinda guy I already know about some of the incredible advances about to hit the market in the next 2 years with Quad Core processors running on 1000 Mhz bus speeds, quad channel RAM, blue Ray DVD and the use of multiple video processers on card with a gig of Ram. Apple is solid as a rock and will push Intel back into profitability and if MS Vista sells as good as predicted it will carry good profit margins in a tech heavy Nasdaq far into 08 and beyond if intrest rates stay reasonable and consumers have a green light to buy all the new gadgets in store for 07.

Sorry but your charts don't represent reality, sure an attack upon the market will destableize it but not anything longterm.

Just my 2 cents
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Y2K wrote:Apple is solid as a rock and will push Intel back into profitability
In addition to the new breakthrough product designs, Intel is in the midst of a major managerial/corporate restructuring to reduce operating expenses. Combine these two, and Intel should be profitable again.

And Hewlett Packard is getting ready to release some products that should have an impact on enterprise-scale printing. Greater speed and resolution from high-speed printers(in the form of new efficiency/technology in drum-fed inkjets).

U&L guy knows these things.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one